Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-15-2012, 06:18 AM   #41  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by lylacfeyView Post
I was going to order from OMC. I saw the exclusion also. I was going to try it anyway. I have heard on other forums the coupon is going through. Then I saw OMC is out of stock on the Cameo's till the 19th.
I ordered the Cameo from OMC early this AM, using the code PINK25. It worked and saved sixty some dollars! It's a pre-order and should ship around 3/5. For that discount, I can wait! Shipping was $5.00.

Terry
Eureka Springs, AR
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 06:50 AM   #42  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3 Little Love BugsView Post
Woohoo!!! Have fun with your new toy...those are the best kind of gifts, the ones to ourselves, lol!

Melanie...is yours out of the box yet?
It's out for delivery today! I'm a little miffed with the Amazon seller though, it was supposed to be delivered yesterday...I'm going to contact them for a refund on my shipping since they didn't deliver as promised..

However.....I will be stalking the FedEx guy today
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 08:40 AM   #43  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftymelView Post
It's out for delivery today! I'm a little miffed with the Amazon seller though, it was supposed to be delivered yesterday...I'm going to contact them for a refund on my shipping since they didn't deliver as promised..

However.....I will be stalking the FedEx guy today

Glad to hear it's out for delivery today but I'd be a little miffed too. Don't scare the FedEx guy, he might run away with your box in hand! Just kidding!
Old 02-15-2012, 08:41 AM   #44  
Mad Swapper

Forgot to say there's a sale on subscriptions (new and renewals)...a whopping 25%!!! Code is UTOPIA, good through tomorrow night!
Old 02-15-2012, 10:37 AM   #45  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Forgot to say there's a sale on subscriptions (new and renewals)...a whopping 25%!!! Code is UTOPIA, good through tomorrow night!
Thanks for the info Shelly! It has arrived!!!! Now I'm off to play!!! I know it wasn't FedEx's fault, it was the shipper. Plus, there was no way I was going to get upset with someone who was delivering such precious goodies!!!;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 11:48 AM   #46  
Stampin' Fool

Shelly, how long is the 25% off good for? Meaning is it just for 1 month, 6 months etc?

AND!!!! Just tried my Cameo and it cut beautifully!!! I am so excited!!!

I think my C Expression and cartridges might be going up for sale
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 12:49 PM   #47  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

oh my goodness! I would have not known if you didn't tell us. There's nothing in my email about this. Thanks a bunch
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 03:20 PM   #48  
Insane Embellisher

my cricut e and cartriges are for sale on another post of mine

Mine is due to be delivered tomorrow and I can hardly wait!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 04:50 PM   #49  
Mad Swapper

Melanie, the subscription is for a year. You can cancel early but then you'll be paying an early termination fee. If you bought a subscription today, then you'd have that amount taken out of your bank account/credit card (that you set up) every month on the 15th. Any left over credits from the month are good for an extra 30 days. If you don't use them within that period then you lose them.

I have the $150 credit subscription. I figured since I got it on sale, I won't have to be too picky on what I "buy" from the store. Some months I haven't used the full credit, other months I loved everything I saw and wished I had more. I've bought other files from other stores but honestly, you can't beat the price for 150 files per month. I'm pretty good at rationalization! :rolleyes:

Buttons123, I didn't get an email either...saw it on the Silhouette Facebook page. Yay!

Sherialane, woohoo!!! Will you be home when it's delivered? So excited for you! Hope your Cricut sells quickly!
Old 02-15-2012, 04:58 PM   #50  
Insane Embellisher

where and what is this subscription you are talking about?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #51  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by SherialaneView Post
where and what is this subscription you are talking about?
HERE is the online store that has the files and subscription info. There's a free shape of the week and weekly clearance deals too.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:30 PM   #52  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

I have fallen madly in love with my Cameo. I am so patient in real life. My DH & I are known for our patience. My Silhouette SD broke last Summer. I was patient long enough. I am glad I paid an extra few dollars from Overstock and got my new Cameo in. I definitely think it was worth it.

This machine is so much quieter than the other Graphtec machines I have owned. I think it's quieter than my Cricut's. I wrote earlier the machine is loud. You can kind of scratch that one off your list. I still wouldn't put the machine next to the babies nursery.

I cut a 2.5" by 0.94 scallop border. The border came out to perfection. I work with miniatures a lot. Small detail cutting is very important to me.

I love the new mat functions. It's a lot easier to place your cuts. The old Silhouette was a bit of a guessing game when everything went in Silhouette Studio or even the old Robo software.

Love the new mat. Much better construction than the other mats I have owned for my Graphtec machines.

I am on the fence about getting rid of my Cricut's. I honestly do like them. I have a versatile cartridge library since I have been working with the Cricut for six years. Plus, I need a machine for heavy duty cutting. I have a BossKut Gazelle but the software is old. I will pay $240 to buy a new machine but won't pay $60 to upgrade the Gazelle software, ROFL. I know that is so silly. My third party software does not play nice on my Gazelle.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 11:15 PM   #53  
Die Cut Diva

I can't edit my post. :( I guess I am off the fence about my Cricut's, lol. I am rearranging my die cutters since I got the Cameo in. With my art work now I think I will pack up my Cricut's. I don't think they are going to work with what I want to do in my art now. I need very detailed cutting. I am making things for my OOAK dolls. I am really happy with my new Cameo.

I also wanted to add that there was always a learning curve with the Graphtec cutters. One of the reason I became a Cricut user was you needed a Ph.D to run the Graphtec cutters back in the day.

I can honestly say I think the new Cameo's learning curve is very easy. Silhouette sent a detailed user manual. You can get started pretty quickly. I think it's just as easy to pick up as the Cricut.

I am done reviewing now, least for tonight, lol. I have to figure out what I should do with my Gazelle.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2012, 03:41 AM   #54  
Pearl-ExPert

Hope everyone is enjoying their new "toys". I used the wineglass on a card I made today. I love the designs from the Silhouette store--there's such a great variety for every age!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2012, 04:55 AM   #55  
Stampin' Fool

Shelly, again, Thank You so much for all your help and advice!!! I'm off to subscribe now!!!

$15.00 a month for $150 in files is right up my alley!!!

Hugs,
Melanie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2012, 06:01 AM   #56  
Mad Swapper

birdielover, forgot to congratulate you on getting the Cameo, you got a great price for it! Like DeeAnn, I paid more for mine. I wanted to buy one when everyone else was sold out of it so I paid a little more so I wouldn't have to wait. I don't regret it one bit.

DeeAnn, I had to laugh at your "buying a new machine for $240 but not wanting to pay $60 for a software upgrade" because I've been there too. Gotta love the logic! What kind of things do you make for your OOAK dolls with the Cameo? I'd love to see a few things if you don't mind sharing some pictures. I do have another cutter (it's my heavy duty one) that I love too, but for different reasons. I love the Cameo for the detail it gives me...so much better than any other machine I've owned.

Melanie, waaahoo! Have fun shopping for all your new files to play with. Love their designers...and they have Hero Arts and Echo Park files! Btw, I see you're in the Philly area, my DH grew up there and we lived right over the bridge in Jersey for awhile. Missin' my Philly/Jersey peeps!
Old 02-16-2012, 06:05 AM   #57  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

birdielover, forgot to congratulate you on getting the Cameo, you got a great price for it!
YIKES! I downloaded the free software and now I'm looking at the downloadable designs and I'm totally amazed at how many there are! I signed up for the 25 designs/month but I think I may have to rethink that! LOL!!

I can hardly wait for it to arrive!

Terry
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2012, 11:26 AM   #58  
Stampin' Fool

Shelly, yes, I saw Hero Arts. I will definately be checking out EP!!!! Just so many Awesome files there, I can't believe it!!! I think I had better order a bunch of replacement blades and mats:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2012, 05:40 PM   #59  
Insane Embellisher

Mine came today and I couldnt get the box open fast enough. Im staying up late to download all the software and check out this subscription thing.

Melanie...tell me more about this Hero arts and EP goodies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2012, 04:30 AM   #60  
Pearl-ExPert

I know when I got my subscription, if I paid it all at once I got an additional 5% off my price. I went with the lowest subscription level, as I have a Cricut with a pretty decent collection of cartridges. I'm pretty choosy about what I want from the Silhouette store and this has worked well for me. Love the Tuesday freebies! Also, check out Kerri Bradford designs, she offers freebies every now and then, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2012, 04:53 AM   #61  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

DeeAnn, I had to laugh at your "buying a new machine for $240 but not wanting to pay $60 for a software upgrade" because I've been there too. Gotta love the logic! What kind of things do you make for your OOAK dolls with the Cameo? I'd love to see a few things if you don't mind sharing some pictures. I do have another cutter (it's my heavy duty one) that I love too, but for different reasons. I love the Cameo for the detail it gives me...so much better than any other machine I've owned.
I am sloooowly getting my Flickr account ready to upload my doll pics. I was going to blog all my work. I realized I am better at Pinterest and Flickr sharing. I am going to be one of those girls who do all the fancy photo shoots of her dolls, lol.

I love to use fabric to make delicate laces for my dolls for their dresses. I also use some of the standard shapes for the dresses like birds for example. I wanted a tiny detail cutter so I could make different shapes for the eyes chips. I have been working with Printable fabric to make custom doll fabrics. My Cricut Imagine is amazing for this. I knew the Cameo would knock the Imagine out of the park for custom made fabrics. I am making simple draft patterns. I have a collection of the Mini Blythe's. I want to make all new wardrobes for them. I almost forgot I am making my own stencils. My DH found tattoo paper the other day. That has given me ideas.

I think it might be the Flickr Silhouette group. When I was looking through the galleries recently at Flicker one lady made beads on her Silhouette. Another lady is making custom made stuffies. There are two paper mache artist who are making jaw dropping figures.

I love my other cutters. Definitely the Silhouette is my art cutter. When my DH broke my Silhouette SD I was so lost without her. I really missed it.

My other cutters I am packing away a lot of them. I am keeping out my Imagine. I have really beautiful cartridges that I love to use on my Imagine. I am actually one of the few people in the world who love that machine, lol.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2012, 05:13 AM   #62  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by SherialaneView Post
Mine came today and I couldnt get the box open fast enough. Im staying up late to download all the software and check out this subscription thing.

Melanie...tell me more about this Hero arts and EP goodies!
If you "shop" by designer, you will see that Hero Arts and Echo Park have a bunch of designs for the Cameo! I bought some intricate designs from Hero Arts and can't wait to give them a try...which will be today I'm also going to check out Echo Parks selection now that I have a bunch of credits to spend!!!

Now some designs I have looked at show a "p" symbol which seems to be something that I would have to print then cut?....I'm really new to this so I'm not sure how that works, but I'm sure I'll find out soon enough:grin:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2012, 05:35 AM   #63  
Insane Embellisher

Soooooooooooo exciting! I can hardly contain myself!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2012, 03:49 AM   #64  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Now some designs I have looked at show a "p" symbol which seems to be something that I would have to print then cut?....I'm really new to this so I'm not sure how that works, but I'm sure I'll find out soon enough:grin:
Your right the "p" symbol means Print & Cut.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2012, 10:52 AM   #65  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

I am sloooowly getting my Flickr account ready to upload my doll pics. I was going to blog all my work. I realized I am better at Pinterest and Flickr sharing. I am going to be one of those girls who do all the fancy photo shoots of her dolls, lol.

I love to use fabric to make delicate laces for my dolls for their dresses. I also use some of the standard shapes for the dresses like birds for example. I wanted a tiny detail cutter so I could make different shapes for the eyes chips. I have been working with Printable fabric to make custom doll fabrics. My Cricut Imagine is amazing for this. I knew the Cameo would knock the Imagine out of the park for custom made fabrics. I am making simple draft patterns. I have a collection of the Mini Blythe's. I want to make all new wardrobes for them. I almost forgot I am making my own stencils. My DH found tattoo paper the other day. That has given me ideas.

I think it might be the Flickr Silhouette group. When I was looking through the galleries recently at Flicker one lady made beads on her Silhouette. Another lady is making custom made stuffies. There are two paper mache artist who are making jaw dropping figures.

I love my other cutters. Definitely the Silhouette is my art cutter. When my DH broke my Silhouette SD I was so lost without her. I really missed it.

My other cutters I am packing away a lot of them. I am keeping out my Imagine. I have really beautiful cartridges that I love to use on my Imagine. I am actually one of the few people in the world who love that machine, lol.
I'll have to look again at the Flickr group, the beads sound familiar to me. Amazing how creative everyone is! Your dolls sound like they're beautiful and so detailed. Can't wait to see them!

How did your DH break your SD? Does he craft as well? My DH is a drummer and I made him a vinyl band logo for his bass drum and rhinestoned part of the logo...but that's the extent of any "crafting" my husband does, lol. He asks me to make him things and I do it. I get to look like a genius, he gets customized items, and we're both good to go. :rolleyes:
Old 02-19-2012, 03:54 AM   #66  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I'll have to look again at the Flickr group, the beads sound familiar to me. Amazing how creative everyone is! Your dolls sound like they're beautiful and so detailed. Can't wait to see them!

How did your DH break your SD? Does he craft as well? My DH is a drummer and I made him a vinyl band logo for his bass drum and rhinestoned part of the logo...but that's the extent of any "crafting" my husband does, lol. He asks me to make him things and I do it. I get to look like a genius, he gets customized items, and we're both good to go. :rolleyes:
My DH does craft. He works with leather, stain glass, glass fusing, crochet, quilting, sewing, chain mail, jewelry. He doesn't die cut.

My DH fixes electronics as a side job. He has taken up fixing die cutters. A year ago half my craft room was destroyed. My die cutters were damaged. He was able to fix my Silhouette.

This past Summer my Silhouette started having problems. My DH found the problem but when he was fixing it the Silhouette got dropped by accident. It just shattered everywhere. He felt terrible.

I think that is so sweet about your DH. I made my DH a decal for his Xbox. I made him a spider decal for his computer. My DS was over the other day raving about that spider. He thought that was the coolest thing ever.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2012, 04:32 AM   #67  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Your right the "p" symbol means Print & Cut.
DeeAnn,
So does that mean I print "whatever" with my printer and then put it into the Cameo to cut?
TIA!
Melanie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2012, 04:34 AM   #68  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

I've bought other files from other stores but honestly, you can't beat the price for 150 files per month. I'm pretty good at rationalization! :rolleyes:
What other places have files for the Cameo?

Terry
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2012, 06:50 AM   #69  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I finally caved in and bought me a Cameo from Amazon. I have Prime so it was $269 with free shipping, scheduled to arrive Wed.! Is the software upgrade downloadable or do I have to order a CD?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2012, 07:32 AM   #70  
Insane Embellisher

I bought one of those upgrade cards from amazon when I got my machine from there also. $269 free shipping..... WINNING!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2012, 08:13 AM   #71  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

DeeAnn,
So does that mean I print "whatever" with my printer and then put it into the Cameo to cut?
TIA!
Melanie

I found the answer while "shopping" on the Silhouette site! Print on your printer, then feed into the Cameo for it to cut!!! How flippin Awesome is this thing!!

Katarina,
I think you're about 2 hours away from me......so if you see 2 eyeballs peering into one of your windows, that would be me the ~~stalker~~ err I mean admirer....I absolutely LOVE your creations!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2012, 09:06 AM   #72  
Insane Embellisher

i printed a harley davidson logo and printed it out...looks awesome. I have a ton of matte sticker paper so I will be making stickers for my neice and also another best friend that has a little girl and likes princesses, dora, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2012, 10:41 AM   #73  
Stampin' Fool

Another question here {no kidding} since the mat is super sticky, how are you guys removing intricate cuts from it without ruining the piece?

TIA!

Hugs,
Melanie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2012, 10:49 AM   #74  
Insane Embellisher

good question. i noticed also that the mat is super super sticky and I used cardstock and when I pulled the piece off I didnt use it ruined the rest of it..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2012, 10:54 AM   #75  
Stampin' Fool

Sherialane, I see you're in PA too. Where is Cresson?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2012, 10:55 AM   #76  
Insane Embellisher

half way between Johnstown and Altoona!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2012, 11:24 AM   #77  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Awww... thanks craftymel! You don't have to peek through the windows though, lol, just knock on the door!

Quote:

I found the answer while "shopping" on the Silhouette site! Print on your printer, then feed into the Cameo for it to cut!!! How flippin Awesome is this thing!!

Katarina,
I think you're about 2 hours away from me......so if you see 2 eyeballs peering into one of your windows, that would be me the ~~stalker~~ err I mean admirer....I absolutely LOVE your creations!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2012, 12:15 PM   #78  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Another question here {no kidding} since the mat is super sticky, how are you guys removing intricate cuts from it without ruining the piece?

TIA!

Hugs,
Melanie
I bend/curl the mat a little while pulling/picking it up. It helps to keep the die cuts from curling up as well!

Oh btw anyone who still hasn't bought the cameo yet the coupon at OMC is working. It doesn't exclude the cameo. You can get it for $215!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2012, 10:42 PM   #79  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

TIA!

Hugs,
Melanie
I remove the paper around the cut first. I am one who also bends the mat a little too. I use two different spatulas to remove the cut. I have a Slice Spatula and a thin artist palette spatula. My artist spatula has a bit more bend so it's perfect for delicate cuts. I remove slowly. I also bend the mat a little when removing the cut. I have a small awl I use to poke out the holes in the detailed lace doily type cuts.

I have a regular awl that I use. It's my fabric awl so it has a thick handle. Some of those doilies take forever to poke the holes out of. My fabric awl was hurting my hands.

I bought this: Sizzix eclips Accessory - Die Pick | Sizzix.com

I guess Tim H has one for his Alterations line too. Same style different color. I think both of these tools would be wonderful for the manual doily dies too.

I use an old gift card to scrape my mat clean of excess paper debris. Since I need style with my tools my gift card is NeoPets.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2012, 10:44 PM   #80  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatarinaMView Post
I finally caved in and bought me a Cameo from Amazon. I have Prime so it was $269 with free shipping, scheduled to arrive Wed.! Is the software upgrade downloadable or do I have to order a CD?
The software is downloadable.

Reply With Quote Likes