Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-25-2018, 07:24 AM   #1  
BA
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone use an adjustable stand up desk or

Does anyone use an adjustable height &/or adjustable tilt stand up desk or a drafting table for their stamping/card making?

If so, which table do you own? Would you purchase it again?

If not, do you make adjustments on your own flat desk to alter the degree/pitch of your tabletop surface?

How well are you able to stamp on a slanted desk?

Have to adjust my stamping space now to a more egonomically friendly space due to muscle/joint issues.
Any help/direction/suggestions for a stand up or drafting table would be appreciated!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2018, 12:36 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 977 Likes on 476 Posts

I am interested in the responses you receive to this; I've been curious about it, too!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2018, 06:55 AM   #3  
Kookie Creator

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't have an adjustable desk at home, but use one at work and I love it! Here's some links to get you started:

Height Adjustable Standing Desk | UPLIFT Desk

Amazon.com : ApexDesk Elite Series 60" W Electric Height Adjustable Standing Desk (Memory Controller, 60" Top in Black, Black Frame) : Office Products

Standing Desk | Stand Up Desk | Sit Stand Desk | Adjustable Height Desk | Ergonomic Desk

With the right stool it's very easy and quick to go from sitting to standing and vice versa. I would love to have some sort of counter top section in the kitchen that was adjustable, too.

Robin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2018, 10:01 AM   #4  
BA
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by robbinbobbinView Post
I don't have an adjustable desk at home, but use one at work and I love it! Here's some links to get you started:

Height Adjustable Standing Desk | UPLIFT Desk

Amazon.com : ApexDesk Elite Series 60" W Electric Height Adjustable Standing Desk (Memory Controller, 60" Top in Black, Black Frame) : Office Products

Standing Desk | Stand Up Desk | Sit Stand Desk | Adjustable Height Desk | Ergonomic Desk

With the right stool it's very easy and quick to go from sitting to standing and vice versa. I would love to have some sort of counter top section in the kitchen that was adjustable, too.

Robin
Thank you Robin for your feedback and providing some helpful links to help me begin this process! I am assuming the adjustable desk you have at work is electronic versus manual...I am thinking that would be easier.

Curious about the stool you use. Does it have a foot rest, a back, or arms on it?
How often do you change from sitting to standing and vice versa? Multiple times or just once or twice throughout the day. Also, do you stand on any kind of cushioned pad?

Ack...so many questions! Sorry about that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2018, 08:08 PM   #5  
Kookie Creator

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Beth Anne,

The stools at work have foot rest and backs, no armrests. I work at the adjustable desk 1 to 2 hours a day. So, when I am at the desk, it's a nice chance to sit for awhile. Easy to pop off the stool if needed though.

This is a general idea of the type of stool used at work:

Robot Check

Hopes this helps.

Robin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2018, 09:23 AM   #6  
BA
Polyshrink Goddess

Thank Robin for all your links and information!

I am still curious is anyone uses a stand-up or drafting type table for card making???? Maybe we all just have flat desks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2018, 02:09 AM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I use our old, tiny drop leaf table we had in our first apartments, and either my computer chair or a folding chair. I have no additional surfaces, except my stamping pad, which is a stack of used IKEA instruction books and misprints from the computer. I alternate between sitting and standing all the time. This system is comprised of stuff I already had, and it works well for me. You may already own everything you need to meet your workspace needs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2018, 07:11 PM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had 2 adjustable height Swedish desks in my Rubber Room...One for sitting and one for standing...I used an adjustable drafting chair at both...

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2018, 04:43 AM   #9  
BA
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by KendelView Post
I use our old, tiny drop leaf table we had in our first apartments, and either my computer chair or a folding chair. I have no additional surfaces, except my stamping pad, which is a stack of used IKEA instruction books and misprints from the computer. I alternate between sitting and standing all the time. This system is comprised of stuff I already had, and it works well for me. You may already own everything you need to meet your workspace needs.

Great way to "use what you already have"...thanks for the "visual" suggestion
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2018, 04:46 AM   #10  
BA
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by kphorseView Post
I had 2 adjustable height Swedish desks in my Rubber Room...One for sitting and one for standing...I used an adjustable drafting chair at both...

That is a good idea to have two different height desks - one for sitting and one for standing.

I know not everyone can afford an adjustable height desk but if there is a counter top or a taller table that can be used for the standing desk and then their regular height table for their sitting desk.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2018, 04:37 PM   #11  
Gallery Gazer

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAView Post
That is a good idea to have two different height desks - one for sitting and one for standing.

I know not everyone can afford an adjustable height desk but if there is a counter top or a taller table that can be used for the standing desk and then their regular height table for their sitting desk.
That's what I basically did using Amazon Linnmon table tops (very cheap), which come in different sizes. Amazon sells legs separately, including an adjustable height leg (Olav).

I needed a taller table for trimming to prevent backaches, so we adjusted the legs to a perfect height for me to use trimmers.

The other desk uses Linnmon tops with regular desk/table top height legs (and in my case, Alex units).

(Container Store adjustable height armed bungee chairs help too. They sell armless also, but the seats are somewhat different and the armless isn't comfortable for me, but others love them. Sometimes they go on sale.)

Without the right height desk, crafting hurts after a short time - just like standard kitchen counter heights aren't great and after chopping whatever for a while, my neck/back hurts. One size does not fit all. :?

ETA I meant to put in the Linnmon link:
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/search/?query=Linnmon

Last edited by bjeans; 05-05-2018 at 04:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2018, 09:37 AM   #12  
BA
Polyshrink Goddess

Thank bjeans for the link and info!
Reply With Quote Likes