Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-26-2007, 06:06 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Downloading free Fonts HELP??!!!!

Any advice for the completely computer illiterate? I read a thread about web sites with free fonts, but I have no idea what to do next. I've gone to fontica.com and registered, but have no clue how to download any of the fonts and can't seem to find instructions either. Well, perhaps I should say DOWNLOADING for DUMMIES type advice. If any one can be of help, I would sure appreciate it. Thanks in advance. I have windows office XP operating system, don't know if that is necessary to know or not, see I told you I was not the brightest crayon in the box when it comes to being computer savy. But with help from all you awesome SCS's I'm learning.

Robbie

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. Mother Teresa
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2007, 06:42 PM   #2  
Glitter Guru

You should be able to find the font you want and click the Download button. usually it's a .zip or .tif file. If it's a .zip file you'll have to unzip it - just double click it and if you have the software required then it will unzip and you're ready for the next step. If it's a .tif or you've unzipped it then just copy it into your Fonts folder in your Control Panel - located under the Start Menu.

Question // If art is subjective, then why are we objective in making it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2007, 06:50 PM   #3  
Crimping Master

Default I will try to help

I went to the site and chose the font I wanted...in this case Fancy Pants.

Click Download font, then save. Choose where you want to save it. In my case, I saved it to a floppy disk in the A drive. Click save.

When Download complete box opens, click open folder. The zipped file will be highlighted. Right click on it, then click extract all.

The Extraction Wizard will open. Click next. Choose where you want to extract it to if it is not already in the box...again in my case it is the A drive.

click next. When it says it has been extracted, click finish.

Now go to start, Control Panel, Fonts. Click on file, Install new font. Highlite the font you downloaded...in my case Fancy pants, then o.k. That should do it.
Reply With Quote Likes