Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-18-2005, 07:29 PM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default duck adhesive

Does anyone use the duck brand adhesive or mostly tombow. I like duck the best. When I use Tombow it doesn't always get the full width of adhesive on the cs, just a portion of the strip. Duck doesn't do that, I always get the full width. Also, does anyone have a code for viking that you can get duck cheaper like you do the tombow?
I usually by my duck at joann's with their coupon 7.79 for 4pk w/coupon. Or wallmart if I do not have one 8.87 for 4pk
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2005, 07:39 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I absolutely love the red duck rollers from Wal-mart. Would also love a cheaper source because I go through so many.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2005, 08:17 PM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

Hmm!! Something new to try!! I have the same problem with Tombow seems like there is alot of it not coming off of the tape. Thanks for the tip!!
http://michellegruber.stampinup.net
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2005, 11:54 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Every red duck roller I have purchased from Walmart has brokes before I could get through the entire thing. Making the saving a not so saving. I tired over a dozen different rollers before giving up. Tombow does have a habit of not sticking all the way across and I am always trying different brands to find something better. The Adhesive Tech refillable roller from the craft section at Walmart is a lot better at putting glue all the way across but doesn't have as much per roll.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2005, 04:01 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

I love the duck, I have looked online for a cheaper source and have never found one.

Also it always surprises me when people say they have trouble with the duck adhesive because I have NEVER EVER had a problem with it. That is why I like it so much.

Probably thre years ago they sold it at Sam's club but they never have it anymore! :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2005, 07:22 AM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

I love the Duck adhesive too. It is all I have ever used.
I too have had some problems with it breaking half way thru the roll. A few years ago, I bought tons of it at JoAnn's on clearance( 40 things of it). And allot of those did the breaking thing. So I went online and searched for Duck, I emailed them about my problem. They wondered how many I had purchased and then sent me replacements for all of them!!! Plus I kept all of the old ones to use too! They said that they had a batch that the tension must not have been adjusted on them right and they were receiving calls about breakage.
So I am still using the replacements and I have not had any troubles with those. It would be great to find another cheaper source to buy them too. I am always looking. I see that my Walmart has them again now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2005, 07:45 AM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

I love the duck adhesive, too. My Joann's is small and doesn't carry it, so Walmart is my only choice to get it at! I have only had two of them ever break and I am pretty sure one of those was my fault! I am going to call them next time, though and see about getting a replacement! Thanks for that tip and if anyone finds it cheaper, would you post it here?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2005, 07:52 AM   #8  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by glitterdovefairy
. The Adhesive Tech refillable roller from the craft section at Walmart is a lot better at putting glue all the way across but doesn't have as much per roll.
I bought some refill of this last week and BOTH of the refills broke no where near the middle of the roll:mad:. I purchase it when I run out of mono/snail and NEED to get a project done. But it is expensive too for the smaller amount and then to have them break!!

Mindy

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2005, 09:58 AM   #9  
Forum Fanatic

Duck is all I use!! I had one break, and Walmart took it back and let me exchange it!

mel
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2005, 10:14 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

I just recently purchased a Therm O Web Memory tape runner XL, Permanent bond. I think it is awesome! I got it from walmart, and I believe the dispenser was $3.89 and refills are $2 and some change. They have around 500 inches of tape in them. I got it, because of the mono always seemed to waste alot of sticky, also got it becasue I use the Therm O Web sheets on the beaded pens, and they are SUPER SUPER STICKY. So I gave it a try and it works great.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2005, 10:46 AM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess & DSS Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

I just started stamping about 6 weeks ago. Since my sister used to work at the duck corporate headquarters, which is located in the city next to my home town, my family tends to buy "the duck" when we need tape and mailers. Well, I went out on a limb and bought a 4 pack of the red tape dispensers since I didn't know about the other brands. The first dispenser was fine, the other 3 broke. It was maddening. I too went online and emailed the company. Explained the I was a loyal customer and I had recently started a new hobby. But I was very let down by their product. Unfortunately I didn't hear back from them.

Then last week, I got a check in the mail from the Duck! Yeah! It sure is great to get unexpected money in the mail. I don't know if I will buy that tape again. But since someone mentioned they had a bad batch, maybe I will.

Dawn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2005, 11:00 AM   #12  
Die Cut Diva

Default LOVE THE DUCK

Hi,

I love the duck brand and have recommended it to so many people around here it is often hard to find on the shelf.

I recently retried the snail kind and have liked that too.

I would love a less expensive way to get the duck as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2005, 11:10 AM   #13  
Kookie Creator

I've never seen or heard of this adhesive before. I went to Viking's website and typed "Duck" in the search bar and they do sell the adhesive and refills. I buy my mono from them. The last order I put in I had one of the discount codes and when I spent $50.00 I got $20.00 off my order. I ended up getting my mono refills for $1.13 a piece and 100 pkg. of envelopes for $2.40. They do have good prices. I typed in the discount code I had and it doesn't work anymore so you'll have to find the new code.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2005, 06:02 PM   #14  
Kookie Creator

I love "the duck". Got it at Office Max. It rolls on easier than Tombo (snail). It is a little shorter, but I never have to run it over a second time. (Plus the red color makes it easy to find in my drawer!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2006, 05:38 PM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

I've never heard of this adhesive before. I am looking for a new kind. Don't really like my mono. Does Walmart still sell it??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2006, 05:51 PM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Attn: Duck lovers.. I too Love the duck tape and when I heard on another thread that WAL-MART was not carrying it any more I paniced and went to my local wal-mart and they didn't have it anymore :(. So, I sent Duck an email and they replied NEXT day and told me they were sorry I couldn't find any at my WM. They said Joanne, Office depot carried it too. They also sent me a 4-pak of the duck just got it!!! I haven't used anything but the duck for years!!! GO DUCK!!!! Anyways I have spoken to my walmart since then and they said they could probably still order it for me!!!!!

p.s.: I have NEVER had one break on me , maybe just good luck for me???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2006, 06:03 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doodah
Attn: Duck lovers.. I too Love the duck tape and when I heard on another thread that WAL-MART was not carrying it any more I paniced and went to my local wal-mart and they didn't have it anymore :(. So, I sent Duck an email and they replied NEXT day and told me they were sorry I couldn't find any at my WM. They said Joanne, Office depot carried it too. They also sent me a 4-pak of the duck just got it!!! I haven't used anything but the duck for years!!! GO DUCK!!!! Anyways I have spoken to my walmart since then and they said they could probably still order it for me!!!!!

p.s.: I have NEVER had one break on me , maybe just good luck for me???
I will check Joann's! Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes