Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-16-2004, 06:47 PM   #41  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it's great that people are so passionate about their stamps and I hope that enthusiasm is applied everywhere in their lives. I think the main thing that irks me about the whole e-b** issue in this instance is that this was a GIFT from SU as a thank-you and a gesture of good faith for demos hanging in with them during their massive move to the new location. I know I will be thrilled to go to my mailbox and find it and I wouldn't dream of selling it to anyone.
We can't control others actions, only how we react to them. As much as I'd like to see this seller disappear, she will reap what she sows. As my dear brother likes to say-'The sun doesn't shine on the same dogs' a** every day.' :lol: She'd better get out her umbrella-the rain is a coming!
Ronda
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2004, 06:54 PM   #42  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronda Nix
We can't control others actions, only how we react to them.
What's that saying, life is 10% what you do and 90% how you react to it? Or something to that affect!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2004, 06:56 PM   #43  
Insane Embellisher

I agree... and I firmly believe... What goes around... Comes around!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2004, 07:16 PM   #44  
Crimping Master

I'm a bit opinionated today. Well, that's nothing new from every other day. But more today than usual.

First - I haven't gotten MINE yet. The fact that a non demo will potentially have this set before me is a bit un-nerving.

Second - When have any of you demos that are true lovers of stamps ever wanted to GIVE away your set (that is if she was given the set)? Think about it. I still have retired sets that I can HONESTLY sell on eBay and I just can't part with it. Wouldn't you want to keep it to show when the sale comes and when the new catty is here? Unless you make your sales by internet auctions. I guess you don't actually need sets if that's the case.

Third - It is also in the policy that you are not to knowingly provide someone with stamps that you know they will sell on the internet. So, saying "hey, I can't list so listen friend, you list it under your name and we'll split the profit" is still wrong for the demo. Maybe not to the friend (well, morally wrong maybe) But the demo is still doing wrong.

Lastly - I have been a hobby demo. I am hoping to move it up to a business this next year. Life is not fair. No one ever said it would be. But I sure don't want to compete for sales and customers with someone that is breaking the rules. Plus I don't want to compete for SU and upline incentives against these people. They raise the bar for things such as cruises and all sorts of incentives by their actions. I am DIRECTLY affected by this.

Ok, this is last, I completely respect the other opinions of those who have a different view. You guys are awesome.

Mother of three wonderful children (Brayton-17 months, Brianna- 5 & Kyle-eight) and one grown man (my DH).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2004, 07:27 PM   #45  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

I will not respond to any rude or accusing e-mails. Demonstrators, please stop harrassing me, your e-mails will be forwarded to eBay.
So does that mean she wants non-demos to harrass her!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2004, 07:30 PM   #46  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovi
Quote:

I will not respond to any rude or accusing e-mails. Demonstrators, please stop harrassing me, your e-mails will be forwarded to eBay.
So does that mean she wants non-demos to harrass her!
ROTFLOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2004, 08:01 PM   #47  
Kookie Creator

I went to list some of her other items. In her about me she states that she is a mother of 3 BOYS. So why does she have a brand new Disney Princess Dress-Up Trunk for sell. It is a hot item this year and hard to get a hold of. That right there shows you she is out to make money and that is it. The difference between her and us is that we LOVE and CARE for our stamps. It is our passion and creative outlet. Let her have her money we have our precious stamps and SCS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2004, 08:29 PM   #48  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by kreativekrissi
Let her have her money we have our precious stamps and SCS.

You GO girl!!

Mother of three wonderful children (Brayton-17 months, Brianna- 5 & Kyle-eight) and one grown man (my DH).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2004, 09:36 PM   #49  
Matboard Maniac

Hah! If that person is desperate for money (and a demonstrator), she should not be a demo as we all know how addicting it is to spend our money on stamps for ourselves and our parties!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2004, 10:16 PM   #50  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokane4
Hah! If that person is desperate for money (and a demonstrator), she should not be a demo as we all know how addicting it is to spend our money on stamps for ourselves and our parties!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2004, 05:33 AM   #51  
Pearl-ExPert

I am not a demo, and i could NEVER part with-sell-give away ANY of my stamps!! lol Even the "ugly" ones i got as gifts or with sets of others i liked, i let my son use those, who is 5, and loves to stamp!!
No ideas how she got that set, but maybe she isnt a stamper...and just is out to "collect" HOT items to sell for BIG $$......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2004, 05:53 AM   #52  
Polyshrink Goddess

Mine hasn't come in the mail yet so it was nice to see what it'll look like!

OH I can't wait for mine to come now!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2004, 06:24 AM   #53  

Default Ebay

Well I sucessfull endded one of the autions. I used buy it now and got it. I'm not an SU Demo but I will give it a worthy home,and I promisenot to resell it. In Him,
Shawna

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2004, 06:34 AM   #54  
Stazon Splitcoast

Um, Shawna, while I'm sure people will be glad that auction is over, I don't think that ending it with a purchase was what anyone had in mind as the fuss was over the set being sold on eBay in the first place, by someone who was clearly a demo or working with one (a violation of the demo contract). :(

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2004, 06:40 AM   #55  
Die Cut Diva

So Shawna . . . are you going to give us the seller info so we can rat on the demo :P :twisted: :shock:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2004, 06:43 AM   #56  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by danahatch
So Shawna . . . are you going to give us the seller info so we can rat on the demo :P :twisted: :shock:
Ooooohhh ... I like that idea!!!! LOL!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2004, 07:03 AM   #57  
Matboard Maniac

Another two cents worth (which means this thread is now worth about a million dollars!!!)

I had a friend who was a Longaberger consultant. She purchased samples for shows and when the selling period was over she sold on eBay. Another competitive consultant, who didn't read her contract very closely, caused her a major problem by reporting her to Longaberger and she nearly had her contract yanked.

The issue is the word "current" and it's definition. Or when used in conjunction with the word "current selling period". I know this is just a technicality and I'm not a demo so I don't know the wording. But from what I gather (and this set is a gorgeous ) this set is not currently for sale to anyone, is only available through demo channels???

Just wondering if whoever the ebay seller is is pushing the technicality of the wording. This might be enligtening to the SU powers that be to re-word their demo contracts.

I am so hoping my SAB brochure comes soon. I don't live that far from SLC...to be sure it's on it's way! My sister the demo says that every set is a good one. I can hardly wait!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2004, 07:04 AM   #58  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I sell all my retired stamps at 50-60% off to my customers in my driveway . . . any leftovers I post via RS BB's.

I had a list up back in October that contained a long since retired and HIGHLY coveted Old Fashioned Stove. Still, I listed it at $5 (original retail was $9.95). It sold immediately. The gal that bought it, had the much larger and complimenting accessory set (also retired and popular) "Love Bakes" and was THRILLED to have found the stove for such a sweet deal . . . now she could really make some creations. She had been searching for a looooooooong time for that stove . . .

Another gal, too late to get it, said, "You know, I nearly had a heart attack when I saw you'd listed it for only $5. Do you realize you could have gotten $50+ for it on Ebay because it is so rare???????"

I told her, "Yes, but I was not interested in that--just wanted to give 'em a good home and get back a little of my $ to reinvest in new."

:shock:

My dh, if he only knew, would probably have said "Are you NUTS?????? WHY DIDN'T YOU AUCTION IT IF YOU KNEW IT WAS SO VALUABLE?????"

Aaaaaaahhhhhh well.

Hey, anybody remember that song link someone posted--it just kills me and always makes me laugh:

WARNING: This link has a HIGH SGR!!!!!! (SGR = Spew Guard Rating)

http://www.erikasfriends.com/for_net...ng_for_you.htm

Crank the volume . . . you don't wanna miss one note of this . . .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2004, 07:18 AM   #59  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

The funny thing is......that set is going to be available in March at 50% off! So, the person who wins the bid is definitely going to pay A LOT more for that set!!

~C
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2004, 07:20 AM   #60  
Kookie Creator

Julie, I have not laughed that hard in a long time. My coffee is all over my computer!!!! I have never heard that before thanks for the great laugh to start the day!!!! That put everything into perspective!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2004, 07:23 AM   #61  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Hey, Krissi!

Guess, I should have put a spew guard warning WITH the link . . .

(OK, I went back and edited it with the proper SGR)

HAH! I will be singing that song all day now . . .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2004, 07:35 AM   #62  
Mad Swapper

hahahaha thanks for the fuNNy song JUlie hahahahahaha

weird al should write one abt collecting stamps too :lol: :lol: :lol:
now that would be silly!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2004, 07:37 AM   #63  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cambria
The funny thing is......that set is going to be available in March at 50% off! So, the person who wins the bid is definitely going to pay A LOT more for that set!!

~C
I asked both ebay sellers about that yesterday, but neither one replied to me. I was hoping the one would reply and add it to the funny list of questions on her auction...

I asked: I'm curious how you came to have this set? My demo rec'd this same set as a GIFT from Stampin' Up! She let me know that it WILL be available in March at 50% off for a promo along with 5 other sets. Do you have the other sets too? I didn't find anything in your other auctions.

Would LOVE to hear their reply...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2004, 07:41 AM   #64  
Watercolor Wizard

Thanks Julie for the great laugh....too funny :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2004, 07:41 AM   #65  
Matboard Maniac

This morning I needed a little more kick than my usual cup of capuccino could give me, and I think this thread gave it!

I totally subscribe to taking responsibility for my part, choosing my battles (based on priority and likelihood of success), and avoiding the temptation to try to control others' behavior. So why worry about demos selling current sets on ebay? Am I impacted, or people I care about? And whose "job" is it to try to change their behavior?

If I see someone swerving all over the road, do I call 911, or just get out of the way? After all, there really are police to take care of this sort of thing. I'm furious when I see the driver in front of me toss a lit cigarette butt out of their car, and when cars speed down our residential street, but I have yet to write down a license plate. On the other hand, I directly benefit when others do take action to make our streets safer for drivers and pedestrians.

So, while I have no interest in visiting Ebay (SCS takes up all my internet time), I really appreciate the people who are more proactive and I want to see them supported, by those of us who benefit by their vigilance, including SU! I would like there to be a system for reporting suspected policy violations and for SU! and Ebay to recognize it is in their best interests to act on violations that are legitimate. Will this ever happen? Both companies are commercial enterprises; my reaction (and, it sounds, of many SCS'ers) is personal.

In the short term, I think if Shawna and anyone else who buys current SU! merchandise off Ebay shares the sellers' ID with the company, they are doing us all a favor.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2004, 07:41 AM   #66  
Insane Embellisher

I sent an email to SU! expressing my unhappiness & here is what I just got back from them:

Dear Jenna,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding current eBay auctions. We can understand how frustrating this situation must be to you and the rest of our demonstrator base for we at Stampin' Up are frustrated as well. We do everything in our power to protect our demonstrators; however, sometimes all that we can do may not be enough. It is important to understand that while demonstrators are forbidden to sell current items on eBay, as they sign a contractual agreement, customers are not; therefore, customers may continue to sell items on auction sites that we have no say in. It is also possible for a demonstrator to give an item to a customer to sell for her. Just because an items is a demonstrator only item it does not necessarily mean that the demonstrator is the only one who can sell it. Please know that we are aware of these types of situations and take the necessary steps to end the auctions.

Catching a demonstrator in the act is a difficult practice and takes some time. We rely very much on our demonstrators to help us with this task. We appreciate the time you have taken to make us aware of the situation. Please know that whenever an auction site is reported, we follow-up on the information. We sincerely appreciate our demonstrators who are concerned for the welfare and image of Stampin’ Up! as a company. We appreciate your patience and understanding and hope that you enjoy your new stamp set. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with.

Pretty diplomatic. I Am glad that they are looking into this matter!!!

Jenna
Jenna ;) #6202
I need inspiration!!!![/I][/FONT][/FONT]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2004, 07:46 AM   #67  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

I asked both ebay sellers about that yesterday, but neither one replied to me. I was hoping the one would reply and add it to the funny list of questions on her auction...

I asked: I'm curious how you came to have this set? My demo rec'd this same set as a GIFT from Stampin' Up! She let me know that it WILL be available in March at 50% off for a promo along with 5 other sets. Do you have the other sets too? I didn't find anything in your other auctions.

Oh, you sneaky clever thing, you! This will be interesting. Does it post the question so ALL can see it?????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2004, 07:46 AM   #68  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by danahatch
I have read many of the eBay threads, and I hope you were kidding with the above quote. The person who bought the set can send to DS the information, but to forward the name and address of someone to SCS would not be proper.

If she is a demo, I am sure the SU has had many e-mails to them and they can work on it. It may be against SU policy to sell this, but it not against eBay's. They are there to make money. If demos are selling these sets, they deserve to be removed from SU. They also don't appreciate the gift that they were given.

I love my new set and will hold onto it forever.

Just my 2 cents.
Sammie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2004, 07:51 AM   #69  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
Quote:

Oh, you sneaky clever thing, you! This will be interesting. Does it post the question so ALL can see it?????
YEAH! I was trying to be a sneak, but so far I'm gettin' the cold shoulder. Neither has replied. The seller has the OPTION, when they answer the question, of adding it to the auction listing for all to see. I was hoping she would at least reply, even if she didn't post it on her auction.

I guess she is too smart and greedy for li'l ol' me to trick her!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2004, 07:55 AM   #70  
Insane Embellisher

Has anyone given this some thought...

The seller could be a part of SCS! If that is the case, they are probably sitting back laughing at all of us getting our knickers in a twist.

Don't get me wrong, I feel the same way as the rest of you!!!
Jenna ;) #6202
I need inspiration!!!![/I][/FONT][/FONT]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2004, 07:56 AM   #71  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Rubadubdub, I appreciate some of the points you make via your eloquently expressed analogies.

When I take no action whatsoever, does it mean I condone what I see?

And, I DO appreciate the fellow driver that reports a drunk driver to the police, rather than merely getting out of the way, and just "hoping" the police will see him and catch him. . . before something horrible happens . . .

Case in point: my 15 yr. old daughter witnessed a fellow student punch a hole in the wall. She told him to stop, but did not report the incident to anyone. When questioned about it by her father, said "That's YOUR job, not mine! I'm not the student police!".

WHOAH!!!!!! While no, she isn't, if that is the approach taken, then students will continue to vandalize the building with the idea that there will never be any punishment for such behavior.

Needless to say, we had a, what my dh likes to call, "come-to-Jesus" meeting.

We were SHOCKED that she viewed things this way. We've never taught her that it's OK to witness something illegal and do nothing. But, it startled my dh and I to think that the younger generation is so apathetic, despite our own best efforts to set an example for our own child . . .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2004, 08:16 AM   #72  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

The seller has the OPTION, when they answer the question, of adding it to the auction listing for all to see. I was hoping she would at least reply, even if she didn't post it on her auction.
Odd that the seller has that option. I would think that Ebay would REQUIRE that ALL questions be posted so the consumer can observe the responses and make their own determination about the integrity of the seller . . . :shock:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2004, 08:29 AM   #73  
Hardware Hotshot

Ok, I'm missing something here. Where/how did we find out that in March this set & five others would be available @ 50%??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2004, 08:31 AM   #74  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by witty5
Ok, I'm missing something here. Where/how did we find out that in March this set & five others would be available @ 50%??
The card enclosed with the gift set explains it all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2004, 09:06 AM   #75  
Pearl-ExPert

WELL! Unethical ebay sellers are among us and even READING THIS VERY THREAD!

Here is the reply I FINALLY got from the seller. Someone suggested she's a member here and laughing at us all. I feel I can confirm that is true at this time!

Here is my email reply...I didn't bother to look, but I'm SURE she didn't add it to her listing, and no matter as it's ending soon anyhow...

You asked:
"I'm curious how you came to have this set? My demo rec'd this same set as a GIFT from Stampin' Up! She let me know that it WILL be available in March at 50% off for a promo along with 5 other sets. Do you have the other sets too? I didn't find anything in your other auctions."

Hi Ang, I can see you are disappointed you haven't recieved a response. Not sure how this is sneaky, but I guess we are too smart for you And yes, all of the comments are quite funny, I especially like the letter from Stampin' Up. Oh, and thanks for giving this such high exposure; wow over 4,500 hits and 133 watchers, even made it to eBay Pulse! Happy holidays!

I feel all warm and fuzzy about her holiday wishes! What's your SCS name? Why not come out of the closet and wish us all Happy Holidays!

Whattaloser.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2004, 09:10 AM   #76  
Pearl-ExPert

:shock:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2004, 09:11 AM   #77  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngFab

Here is the reply I FINALLY got from the seller. Someone suggested she's a member here and laughing at us all. I feel I can confirm that is true at this time!

Here is my email reply...I didn't bother to look, but I'm SURE she didn't add it to her listing, and no matter as it's ending soon anyhow...

You asked:
"I'm curious how you came to have this set? My demo rec'd this same set as a GIFT from Stampin' Up! She let me know that it WILL be available in March at 50% off for a promo along with 5 other sets. Do you have the other sets too? I didn't find anything in your other auctions."

Hi Ang, I can see you are disappointed you haven't recieved a response. Not sure how this is sneaky, but I guess we are too smart for you And yes, all of the comments are quite funny, I especially like the letter from Stampin' Up. Oh, and thanks for giving this such high exposure; wow over 4,500 hits and 133 watchers, even made it to eBay Pulse! Happy holidays!

I feel all warm and fuzzy about her holiday wishes! What's your SCS name? Why not come out of the closet and wish us all Happy Holidays!

Whattaloser.
:shock: WOW! :shock:

That is all I have to say about that. How is that for throwing it back in our face?

Glitter Ink
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2004, 09:15 AM   #78  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 65 Likes on 33 Posts

Quote:

Needless to say, we had a, what my dh likes to call, "come-to-Jesus" meeting.
Julie - I had to laugh! I LOVE this phrase............. think I'll start using it around here too............... with homeschooling two boys - we need alot of those types of meetings! LOL

- April
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2004, 09:24 AM   #79  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glitter_Girl
Quote:

Originally Posted by AngFab

You asked:

Whattaloser.
:shock: WOW! :shock:

That is all I have to say about that. How is that for throwing it back in our face?
Oh, this girl has some serious reaping coming in her future! Anyone this arrogant and snarky about flouting the rules is setting herself up for a hard fall! Daven? Jenn? Britta? Any way the SCS crew can find out her username and cancel her membership? This kind of attitude definitely does not match the spirit of our little online community!

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2004, 09:25 AM   #80  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

The saddest issue of all in this is what it says about us as a society in general:

The almighty buck prevails; we have become so desensitized and apathetic. And, there is no standard of integrity or scruples when it comes to "business" . . .

Reply With Quote Likes