Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-25-2005, 02:52 PM   #1  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question EEK! We need verification from current DEMOS/ UPLINES!!!

There are at least 2 threads that have the same issues & questions & I think that anyone thinking of being a HOBBY demo, rreally needs an answer to clarify an issue of the 30% discount order & the extended minimum order deadline...

If you sign up as a demo now & take the 30% discount order, does that order count towards the Oct-Dec 31 quarter & does it matter if it $300 or less...

Example: if you sign-up today, July 25 & you place an order of $300 (before discount) on Sept 6 (I think it's 45 days) to qualify for the 30% discount, does that mean you still have to place a $300 order during Oct-Dec31st quarter.
What if you only order $100 on Sept 6, do you only have to place a $200 order by Dec 31?

OR do you have to put off all order til Oct in order to only have to meet the $300 min....

Does anyone know?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Please, please, please help! I can't order the kit & more than $300 before Dec 31....

Last edited by AGMommyof2; 07-25-2005 at 02:57 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2005, 02:54 PM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

I'm pretty sure you only have to sell 300 (period) between the time you sign up and the end of the following quarter. So, if you sign up now, you have until the end of December to sell 300 to meet your quota.

April
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2005, 02:56 PM   #3  
Glitter Guru

Thanks, but I wonder if any 'uplines' could give us the 'official' SU take on this issue...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2005, 02:57 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

I believe that it is the end of the quarter. And it all adds up. You can spend $100 each month and it is all good. I found my first month I made my minimum just getting the basics. And the new calendar....
and now there is the new mini....
I am so addicted!! ;)

I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. - Gilda Radner
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2005, 02:57 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

This is my understanding- you have 45 days to get 30% off

you do not have to make a minimum this quarter (ending Sept 30th) you do have to sell $300 DURING the Oct-Dec quarter, so if you sell $100 THIS quarter you still have to spend $300 next quarter as well it does not carry over. BUT you do not have to make up the difference from the quarter before (meaning if you only sold $100 this quarter you would not have to sell an EXTRA $200 (plus your $300 minimum) next quarter)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2005, 03:00 PM   #6  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonTigg

you do not have to make a minimum this quarter (ending Sept 30th) you do have to sell $300 DURING the Oct-Dec quarter, so if you sell $100 THIS quarter you still have to spend $300 next quarter as well it does not carry over. BUT you do not have to make up the difference from the quarter before (meaning if you only sold $100 this quarter you would not have to sell an EXTRA $200 (plus your $300 minimum) next quarter)
This is what worries me & also, seems to be different from what I've read in other threads! Which is why I stasrted this thread in hopes that some uplines will chime in (or maybe even will check with SU for us) - BTW,I've asked my upline - but she doesn't know & her upline is out of town - what a silly time to go on a vacation ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2005, 03:05 PM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

I thought they changed it recently so that what you bought during your sign up quarter counted towards your next full quarter too...

So if you signed now & sold $100 then in Oct - Dec you only need sell $200 not $300. Then jan-mar you need $300...

Also the 30% discount is on a Hostess order, so it must be a minimum of $150, it can be done in the 45 days after signing up.

I looked on the website but can't find a definate quota answer & can't call them right now as DH is on the phone !!!! Hopefully another demo will have a 100% answer soon

Hope you are not more confused than ever now....

Last edited by stampincrazy1; 07-25-2005 at 03:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2005, 03:09 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGMommyof2
This is what worries me & also, seems to be different from what I've read in other threads! Which is why I stasrted this thread in hopes that some uplines will chime in (or maybe even will check with SU for us)
Have you checked with SU! yourself? You don't have to be a demo to ask them a question, and I always thought it was best to get policy info like this straight from the horse's mouth. I contacted Demo Support several months ago for approval on a flyer I wanted to post at the store where I work and they were very helpful.

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2005, 03:21 PM   #9  
Creative Director - My Favorite Things
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default I agree

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampincrazy1
I thought they changed it recently so that what you bought during your sign up quarter counted towards your next full quarter too...

So if you signed now & sold $100 then in Oct - Dec you only need sell $200 not $300. Then jan-mar you need $300...

Also the 30% discount is on a Hostess order, so it must be a minimum of $150, it can be done in the 45 days after signing up.

I looked on the website but can't find a definate quota answer & can't call them right now as DH is on the phone !!!! Hopefully another demo will have a 100% answer soon

I'm pretty sure that this is accurate. I remember it changing very recently and how happy everyone was about it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2005, 03:26 PM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Quote:

I'm pretty sure that this is accurate. I remember it changing very recently and how happy everyone was about it.

This is correct.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2005, 03:27 PM   #11  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by row4d
Have you checked with SU! yourself? You don't have to be a demo to ask them a question, and I always thought it was best to get policy info like this straight from the horse's mouth. I contacted Demo Support several months ago for approval on a flyer I wanted to post at the store where I work and they were very helpful.
Well, I guess I'm not too sure how happy SU is about hobby demo & will feel a bit like they would not be too happy to findout that I am not interested in doing the demo thing for a profit-making business... I'm a bit sheepish & was hoping some uplines on SCS may have been asked & had already checked...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2005, 03:31 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Well, I guess I'm not too sure how happy SU is about hobby demo & will feel a bit like they would not be too happy to findout that I am not interested in doing the demo thing for a profit-making business... I'm a bit sheepish & was hoping some uplines on SCS may have been asked & had already checked...
a demo is a demo. a hobby demo is NOT different in the eyes of SU. sure they'd be happier if we all sold a million $ of stampin stuff every year. but that is not going to happen. SU knows that some of us will only sign up for a discount.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2005, 03:31 PM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

See my above post. Stampincrazy1 is correct about minimums and your 30% off. I was going to post copy a post I use to answer this question, but it is harder to understand. Stampincrazy did a much better job at explaining. ;) And SU! treats all demos equally whether you are a hobby or a business demo. If you have a question, feel free to call them. They are glad to have you no matter what kind of demonstrator you are!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2005, 03:35 PM   #14  
Mad Swapper

edited to add: I was working on my post while the ones above were posting...

I wouldn't worry about how SU! feels about hobby demo...here's what it says on p. 256 of the new catty: "... Stampin' Up! provides its demonstrators with the opportunity to meet their individual goals. Whether you'd like to...or simply get a discount on your stamping supplies, SU! will help you do it." I think they realize that people get into SU! for various reasons, and they support them all! Nice company, huh?!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2005, 03:38 PM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

I signed up on July 1st. Got my demo # on July 5th. SU called me to congratulate my on July 12th and make sure I got my starter kit. They told me that I have until Dec. 30th to make my FIRST $300 quota, whenever I do that btw now and then. I have 45 days from July 5th (the day the demo # is issued) to have a 'workshop' totaling $150 or more to get the 30% off discount. So, in summary, I have July, Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, AND Dec. to put in a $300 order for my quota minimums. HTH.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2005, 03:40 PM   #16  
ncs
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

I recently watched the First Impressions video which is shown to someone who is interested in being a demo. It says right on the video something to the effect that being a demo is your choice in the ranges of "hobbyist to career", so I think SU would be more than happy to help you out over the phone. They know we can't all be career demos. I think they'd just be thrilled you were considering joining the "family".

jdarnall is a demo I think and clarified the minimum thing above

I hope this info helps you decide on taking the plunge or not.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2005, 03:44 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasLonghorns
I signed up on July 1st. Got my demo # on July 5th. SU called me to congratulate my on July 12th and make sure I got my starter kit. They told me that I have until Dec. 30th to make my FIRST $300 quota, whenever I do that btw now and then. I have 45 days from July 5th (the day the demo # is issued) to have a 'workshop' totaling $150 or more to get the 30% off discount. So, in summary, I have July, Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, AND Dec. to put in a $300 order for my quota minimums. HTH.
thank you! i think that is exactly what everyone was looking for.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2005, 03:57 PM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Oh, come on, what are you afraid of? Hey, if they're willing to help someone who isn't a demo at all, why wouldn't they want to do the same for someone who's only in it to build their own collection at a bit of a discount? It's not like there's someone sitting there checking a list and putting a black mark next to all the hobby demos saying "No help for you!" :p

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2005, 04:17 PM   #19  
Glitter Guru

Default Thanks...

Thanks to all who have answered, I'm feeling a bit better now, cause I really hate to wait to sign up & I really want to do the entire $300 in my 30% off order (of course before Oct), so since I am a bit dense today - I think that is what I can do... I might just go ahead & call SU, sometimes I hesitate to ask too many questions been burned before...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2005, 04:33 PM   #20  
Kookie Creator

I'm NOT a demo and I called SU! to ask about some information in an ad they had run. They were very nice, very helpful and even CALLED ME BACK with the information I'd asked for. THAT is a great company.

Kate
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2005, 06:52 PM   #21  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by row4d
Oh, come on, what are you afraid of? Hey, if they're willing to help someone who isn't a demo at all, why wouldn't they want to do the same for someone who's only in it to build their own collection at a bit of a discount? It's not like there's someone sitting there checking a list and putting a black mark next to all the hobby demos saying "No help for you!" :p
Rachel - You're too funny. Everytime I hear expressions like this, I think of the Seinfeld episode with the "Soup Nazi".-----no soup for you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2005, 09:51 PM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

Monika, I hope you DO sign up--it's SO worth it! Definitely spend as much as you can on that first order--might as well get that extra 10% on as much as possible, right? In case you are still not sure, everything you sell between now and the end of December will count towards the Oct-Nov-Dec quarter. The reason you get conflicting stories is that this is a VERY recent change. It wasn't that way just last year during MY first quarter, lol! I met my minimum my first day practically, and then had to meet it AGAIN for my first FULL quarter...poor me, lol!! Start makin' that list!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2005, 10:04 PM   #23  
Glitter Guru

Thanks to everyone! I have decided to definately sign-up as a demo, but wanted to get the whole *timing* thing down, now luckily I will be able to get my demo-ship underway next week. I'm also glad that I will be able to get my 30% when the new holiday mini comes out. My b-day is in early Oct, so this just works out perfectly...

BTW, I have had my wish list done since the first week the new catty arrived... of course, I keep finding more... But my first order will definately contain most of the papers & I'm leaning towards the markers (in lieu of the rest of the ink pads) - I'm pretty tired of seeing wonderful examples & not being able to duplicate them - plus all my non-su paper sucks - part of how I'll be able to support my demo-ship, but not buying from other craft stores, plus the saving in gas, well, I'll just get to stay home & stamp (well, & play with my dds).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2005, 10:40 PM   #24  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonTigg

What she said.

I am the perfect example. I signed up in April with the kit special. I had until 9/30 to make my first $300, but I only had 45 days to use my 30%. I had one bookshop, extended my discount to some very good friends and fellow stamp addicts, and closed at $1200. According to my latest standings, I still have until 9/30 to make my first $300. In other words, the bookshop I had was not required, but I wanted to take advantage of the 30% so I held it anyway.

Does that make sense?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2005, 10:42 PM   #25  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdarnall2001
Quote:

This is correct.
Now I'm confused.

Because if this is correct, then why do I still need to make my $300 quota for 9/30? I should have that taken care of with the first bookshop I had, no?

Help!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2005, 10:46 PM   #26  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kamuelamom
Now I'm confused.

Because if this is correct, then why do I still need to make my $300 quota for 9/30? I should have that taken care of with the first bookshop I had, no?

Help!
Phone and check with DS. According to the Demo Manual (Ch 6, Career Planning) - you should be fine.
If you are going by your home page, that's an automated program, and it doesn't take into account things like pending status, and the extra time SU! gives us.

Ch. 6 of the Demo Manual is the place to go for almost all these kinds of questions.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2005, 10:54 PM   #27  
Pearl-ExPert

Gail, thank you. I will indeed call in the morning to get this clarified.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2005, 04:01 AM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Exclamation

Here's what my upline, who is very experienced, had to say when I asked her if I could purchase 300 in August with my 30% discount and have it count until January:

You are correct!
> Some people may not be aware of this because it was a change last year.
> Basically, any sales you have in the quarter you sign up in will carry
> over to your first "full" quarter that you are required to do the
> minimum. Now, just to warn you, once you are on the website, when the
> new quarter begins in October, it may say you need to have sales of $300
> to remain active--this is a glitch in their program that they have not
> yet fixed--but I know for sure you are OK if you have sales this quarter
> of $300--make sense?
>
> Have a stamp happy day!
> Jackie Bolhuis
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2005, 05:56 AM   #29  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by kamuelamom
Gail, thank you. I will indeed call in the morning to get this clarified.
Kamuelamom:

Please let us know what you find out!

Thanks,

Monika
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2005, 08:16 AM   #30  
Mad Swapper

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Default EEK!

I signed up in March and just now have to meet the 300.00 quota. I think I signed up in the middle of a quarter so it didn't count but I didn't have any trouble making quota and then some with a couple of parties and my own orders. If I order 150 or more I make it a party so that I can get the hostess stamps and free stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2005, 09:26 AM   #31  
Die Cut Diva

You have to order $300 by the end of the quarter. If you have one party a month and only get $100 each month, you will have your quota met. I usually end up with at least $300 in orders for each stamp camp I do, which is a big help because I also claim the hostess benefits.
Reply With Quote Likes