Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-31-2004, 09:34 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Epson Picturemate

My DH just bought me the Epson Picturemate printer. It's the greatest! If anyone is looking for a printer that will make "real pictures" from your digital camera, this is what you need. They claim the pictures will last for 200 years! This is the best gift an addicted stamper & scrapper could get!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2004, 09:58 AM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

I know you just got the printer, but do you have any idea how long the cartiages last? What the price breakdown is?
Member #3785
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2004, 10:18 AM   #3  
Mad Swapper

I just searched online and it says about 29 cents a piece. It sounds to me like this is most like pictures than any other printer and it isn't expensive.
To buy online is 149 to 199 bucks! I have been loving it since seeing ads.
I might have to get one by summer as I am going to be a first time Grandma and just got my digital camera in April before our trip to New York City!
Already loving that one. These are so incredible for we scrapbooking, stamping maniacs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2004, 10:24 AM   #4  
Embossing Fanatic

My sister-in-law got one as a Christmas gift. It was so awesome!!! Before everyone left on Christmas day she printed us out the pictures she had just taken. We got to select the pictures we wanted. No waiting and wondering when or if everyone would get pictures. It is so handy and in a neat little carry case.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2004, 11:02 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

I got one too! and I also got a Dremel and the accessories to go along with it. Santa was very good to me. On the other hand, Santa was very good to my DH. He got chrome forks for his Harley!

Happy New Year!

Jodi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2004, 11:38 AM   #6  
Glitter Queen

Do you have the model #? Is it the RX500?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2004, 11:51 AM   #7  
Inking Addict

I've had it since it came out and think it's awesome! (Which in itself is amazing since I can't stand printed photos!)

The cost is $29.00 for the print pack - includes the ink cartridge and 100 sheets of their printer paper (4x6). I've found that the ink cartridge will last about 110 - 115 prints ... I bought a pack of Epson Borderless 4x6 premium glossy photo paper and use it for the extra 10-15 prints (don't bother with other brands of paper .. doesn't work as good).

-Alisha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2004, 11:55 AM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilat
Do you have the model #? Is it the RX500?
The model is "PictureMate." We just got one for my parents. I can't wait to play with it (Christmas for us is tomorrow...). My husband was going to get one for me. He thought it would be good for going scrapbooking and I could just print whatever photo I wanted (I hate not having the right photo's with me). Anyway, we'll see how I like my mom's.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2004, 12:15 PM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

I got one too!! I just love it and the quality of the pictures is absolutely amazing!!

-- Bridget
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2004, 01:44 PM   #10  
Cardstock Collector

Default Cost of pictures

DH paid about $199 for the Picturemate at Best Buy. Tonight is the last night to buy one and get a $50 Visa gift card as a rebate from Epson. So, basically it's $150. (You can order the printer online from Epson too, if stores are already closed in your area).

I looked around for the refills. A refill pack is new cartridge (good for 100+ pics) and 100 sheets of Epson glossy paper. They are $29 on Epson's site. But, if you have a Costco membership, they've got 2 refill packs for $46.99. It ends up being around .25 cents per picture. Believe me- they look like "real" pictures from a film camera.

No more trips to Walgreens for their prints...I can print my pics in my PJs from home.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2004, 06:31 PM   #11  
Stampin' Fool

Dangit! Now I gotta have one! I have been ordering thru Snapfish at about 20 cents a piece plus shipping. I am a bona fide gotta have it now person so I am off to start pricing. Thanks!
Member #3785
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2004, 07:39 PM   #12  
Insane Embellisher

I think it is great that you are getting good prints at home. That is convenience itself. However, I have to make a plug for winkflash. This company is an on-line printing service. URL is www.winkflash.com They have been GREAT. They cost 16 cents a copy with a flat rate of 99 cents to ship, no matter how many you print! No one is cheaper.

And they are GORGEOUS! With my 4 megapixel camera, the prints are as good or better than I got from my Minolta Maxum SLR camera.

Plus, they have great customer service. I had ordered 4 different shipments just before Christmas. One got lost in the mail. I called them this morning to find out what was up. They just reprinted and reshipped them today, no questions asked. Then, when the mail came, the one they had shipped earlier arrived! Our postal service had lost it, not winkflashes fault at all.

I am pleased to hear that Epson's printers are excellent, however. I'm in the market for a new printer because I want the convience of home printing from time to time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2004, 08:03 PM   #13  
Mad Swapper

I want one of these! Our Best Buy was out. They were offering a $40 in-store gift card & then the $50 Visa card too.

I don't think Best Buy planned to well for the Christmas season. They were all out of the Xbox too. We had to give our son an I owe you for Christmas. :oops: I called today & they still didn't have any in. Maybe in a week.

Dust bunnies can wait cause stamping is great! #1565
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2004, 11:30 PM   #14  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampysister
I am pleased to hear that Epson's printers are excellent, however. I'm in the market for a new printer because I want the convience of home printing from time to time.
Tips from someone who bought two photo printers in six months time (should have done my homework first, I know): Consider avoiding Epson's DURABrite ink printers if you're interested in printing high quality photos. Although they look okay, the photos printed using DURABrite ink are nowhere near as nice as those printed with the PictureMate. Also, Canon has very good printers. I nearly bought a PictureMate but ended up with a Canon i960 (which I think is no longer available even though I only bought mine in July) because it printed photos that looked just a tad better than the PictureMate (IMHO) and I could print photos larger than 4x6. I like to print many small pictures onto an 8.5x11 sheet of paper and use them in my scrapbooks. Though I still love my Epson and I'm very happy to have it (it's a CX6400 printer/scanner/copier), the Canon gets to print my photos.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2005, 01:24 PM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

The most current issue of Consumer Reports has an interesting article on these and rates the different models. Check it out if you're thinking of buying one....the cost per print really depends on what model you buy. It can be as high as 60 cents! Wow!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2005, 02:30 PM   #16  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I got one for Christmas also - I love it!!! I found the refills online at Amazon.com for $24.99 (free shipping if you spend $25). My DH got mine at Best Buy for $199 AND it came with $90 worth of giftcards - can't beat that price anywhere!!! The only drawback is not being able to view the picture as you crop, adjust etc. But hey, that's what the computer is for!!! Now I just have to figure out Photoshop CS!!!

Live well...Laugh often...Love much...

SCS Member #1204
www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/darleenstamps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2005, 02:46 PM   #17  
Matboard Maniac

PhotoshopCS is an amazing program. i just wish it didn't cost $700. I used the trial version and was in LOVE. i have become obsesd with photo editing now. i hope to convince my DH I have to get the PHCS. Here is a copy of my favorite edit so far.

i have the Picturemate printer also.

I put my memory card into my computer, dump the pictures, edit them delete the bad ones, crop, ect. then load them back on to the disck and put the disk into the picture mate to print them. I have tryed printing them straight from the computer, but it wasn't very easy to print the whole lot.
Attached Thumbnails
Epson Picturemate-zzztrainqqq.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes