Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-11-2005, 08:13 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ever been to the point where you have nothing to buy???

Yep, you heard me right. I plan on placing a $150 order within the next few weeks. I believe all I have on that order is the rest of ink cartridges and refills that I need to get plus a couple punches. Once that is all said and done, There's really not much left for me to buy out of the catalog except maybe some accessories (ribbon, staz on etc) But I already have all the stamp sets that I want from the catalog and I think it just kind of shocked me that I really don't need anything else. I will be waiting for the Spring catty to come out though plus the March 50% off promo. I'm sure I will want a few of those sets. OH yeah, and I already have 5 of the 6 sellabration sets too. Well, I really don't HAVE them YET. They'll be arriving tomorrow. Has anyone else gotten to this point :shock:

Pam

Splitcoast Member #5361 HEY LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2005, 08:19 AM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm sure I will get there sooner or later. All my Christmas gifts were gift certificates for SU so....Jan. 1st I put in a $550 order for myself alone. I got 12 SAB sets. What in the world am I going to do with 12?? Now, my wish list is down to $100 worth of stamps. I saved those intentionally. How "un-fun" would it be to have everything?? :shock:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2005, 08:19 AM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

Are you kidding me??? I don't even have HALF of what I'd like to have. You lucky dog!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2005, 08:20 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Group Leader

OOOOO! Pam what a place to be! I ALWAYS need more CS because I go through it and then I see on her so many things that I thought I didn't want and NOW have to have! I could always PM you my personal Wish list... I hate to see someone trapped in that sort of situation... :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2005, 08:21 AM   #5  
Kookie Creator

Ha!!! I'm with you!! Of course, there are always more accessories to stock up on, paper, etc. but I'm with you - I have nearly all the stamp sets I want from the catty. It's pathetic, isn't it? Not like I have TIME to use them all, I just HAVE TO HAVE THEM!!!
It's fun - count your lucky stars we are so fortunate!

Gretchen in SC
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2005, 08:21 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

I've gotten to the point that when I look through the catalog everything is looking similar to sets I already have. SU stamps are too cutesy and I'm getting tired of the style and want something new. I'm only gonna place a $50 order, cuz I like the large BG stamps and only like Lexicon of Love (SAB). I'm looking into TAC.

Not to hijack this thread, but what are good companies to order acrylic stamps?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2005, 08:22 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

I'm kind of at that point. I know there is a lot of stuff that I want, but don't realistically think that I would use it all. I only have about 65 stamp sets, but really how many do you need. I have something for every occasion and then some. Im not that big into scrapbooking, even though I try to be. Dont get me wrong I love stamping and all, but theres only so much I have to have, and I am about to that point.

The only normal people are the ones I dont know very well.

www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/emily
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2005, 08:26 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 217 Likes on 187 Posts

Not possible. I just placed a$500.00 order and I still want more. Notice I said want not need. Do you have enough cardstock? With all of these challenges I find I'm really making alot more cards. Trying new products, and liking sets that I never liked before. I just recently started embossing and I love it, so my last order has some embossing powders in it. If you need help thinking of ways to spend that money I'm the one to call. Also if there's a product you don't know much about this is certainly the site to ask about it. Didn't ask if you're a demo.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2005, 08:29 AM   #9  
Crimping Master

Whenever I THINK I'm to that point, someone shows me something else I love...and then it snowballs from there. I truly, truly did become a demo, because I WANT IT ALL. People laugh because we all say that, but with me it's *the real thing!* :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Michelle

www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/michellenstamps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2005, 08:42 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Yea. But it doesn't last long, believe me!
LOL
NY Nan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2005, 08:58 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

That happens to me at Michael's and JoAnne's but hasn't happened with the stamp sets yet. Although, I'm running out of room so that is telling me to slow down or get rid of some to make room for others. I'm trying to not get too attached to my sets.I notice some regulars here are constantly trading out sets and I think that's a great idea. There are some sets to hang onto and others I should really let come and go once I've gotten my fill.
Bebedoc, you should use all those SAB sets as gifts (can I be your friend :lol: ) or trade them on this site for other things.
Personally, I try to keep my purchases around $50 each month so I don't run out of stuff to buy. When SAB or other promos come around I will spend more, or when I am the hostess for my monthly SU club.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2005, 09:11 AM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

Yup, I've run out of stuff. My wish list is empty LOL. I put in an order on 1/3 for 7 packs of paper, markers & 2 ink pads. It was put in as a show so I also got a hostess set plus the 3 sellabration sets. I have a stamp club order due next month and I'm out of stuff :( Even went to Michael's yesterday and came out empty handed and that NEVER happens!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2005, 09:27 AM   #13  
Hardware Hotshot

As far as stamp sets go, I've gotten all I want from this catalog. There are still a few ink pads and accessories I'd like to have, but not much. To be quite honest, from the time the new catalog was released, there weren't that many sets I wanted. Many of them are just not my style.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2005, 09:27 AM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

Yes I am a demo. I do have all the cardstock. Just ordered two more packs cause I was low. I have all full sized inks, marker case, eyelets, buttons, ribbon, 90 stamp sets and so on.

Like I said in my last post, I'm placing an order soon for the rest of the ink cartridges and reinkers that I need. I'm sure once that is place and March comes rolling around I will get some of the 50% off sets.

My friend who is a demo also is going to have a workshop soon, so maybe I will order some pearl ex or something. Haven't tried that yet. So I GUESS if I were to skim through the catty in the accessories section I could muster up a few goodies..

Pam

Splitcoast Member #5361 HEY LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2005, 09:38 AM   #15  
Polyshrink Goddess

Everything I need??? YEAH RIGHT!!!! I thought that $500 ago....... :oops: :shock:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2005, 11:34 AM   #16  
Hardware Hotshot

I'm not NEARLY in the league as you other stampers with quantity of supplies; however, I, too am about done buying until the March 50% off comes in I would like to have Lexicon with Love but really don't want to spend $50 just to get it. I'll just hope it appears in the main catty one of these days.

as an aside, how often do the sets in the minis get into the main catty?

Wanda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2005, 11:47 AM   #17  
Kookie Creator

I agree with those of you who say that you don't find yourself wanting more from this catalog. There were really only a few sets that I wanted to begin with, because so many of them are cutesy, and that is just not me. I have been getting frustrated with the style of stamp sets that have been coming out lately. Too much of the same thing.

And maybe I'm weird in this, but I have no desire to buy any more flower stamps. I see the samples made with sets that I don't have, and I really like them, but then I figure I can use a different set that I already own to get the same effect.

Of course, I will always need to restock cardstock and such, but that's really about it. This is an interesting topic.

Barb
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2005, 12:01 PM   #18  
Mad Swapper

I'm so glad to hear that others are in the same position. I was thinking "Am I loosing this addiction, I really don't see any stamps I have to have". Then I started thinking, maybe it's the catalog. Looks like I'm not the only one who thinks that. I have found a lot of Hero Arts sets that I like, but I always feel like a trader buying any other brand than SU. Guess I need to get over that!! [/quote]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2005, 12:15 PM   #19  
Rubber Obsessor

Yup, it is just restocking when low on cs, and such - have maybe 2 more sets from this catty that I want and I have gotten to the point of really analyzing that - asking "if this gets retired will I still want it and use it?"
if the answer is no then I don't get it (I am one of the people that seem to be able to pick the sets that will be retiring - cause those are the ones that I had to have )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2005, 12:15 PM   #20  
Hardware Hotshot

Everything I need??? NO WAY!!! I can always use MORE!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2005, 12:22 PM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok Since there are really two subjects going on here
1 I am content with what I have because I have so much right now! There are always sets that I see someone use and I think...ooooo that is sooo nice I would love to have it....but I just don't want to buy it....I still REALLY REALLY WANT to get the pearl ex...that looks like something I would like to fool around with.
2. I too feel that the catty is not expansive as I would like ...for instance, there is really a need for more easy to use masculine sets... I for one would like to see some sets with things like airplanes and some other more "boy" sets too...
that is my 2 cents
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2005, 12:51 PM   #22  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Lucky you!

Hi there:

All I can say to you is "Yeah I wish"! I cannot imagine ever getting to the point where I have all I want from my wish list. My wish list keeps on growing every month. There is always something new for me that I "must have".

How cool! You have lots of neat toys to play. Can the rest of us come out and visit you. Oh what fun that would be!

Ana ')
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2005, 01:06 PM   #23  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, with my last order (last week) I finished off all the stamp sets I wanted. Of course, I'll still need lots of the "consumable" type items, paper, eyelets, etc., but other than that stuff I guess I'm done until new sets come out. It's kind of sad really...
And there's four in 'platitude-quoting idiot'. Go figure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2005, 01:21 PM   #24  
Insane Embellisher

I, too, have every set I like from this catalog. Of course I have bought sets I didn't even think I liked originally because of the SCS gallery... I have a full set of each cardstock, all of the stamp pads and reinkers, and accessories. I am waiting to see what is offered in March and then I guess I'll wait until the new catalog comes out in July! Too think, at my first workshop I thought I'd never get into this......

-- Bridget
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2005, 02:31 PM   #25  
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via Skype™ to neighbor_nancy
Default Almost all done

Yup. I'm investing in unmounted stamps these days (using the HALOS mounting system). Very easy to store unmounted stamps, and many companies have reasonable quality stamps (not as reliably so and SU, however!)

Some of my favorite images include the following (note I've only purchased from the first 7 or so... but all have images I hope to purchase someday!!

http://www.stamplandchicago.com/catalog.html
http://www.stampersanonymous.com/
http://www.stampsmith.net/index.htm
http://www.outlinesrubberstamp.com/m...ion_series.htm
http://www.stampingground.com/printcat.htm
https://id303.securedata.net/oxfordi...ex.php?cPath=1
http://www.stampington.com/html/stam...._catalog.html
http://www.artneko.com/catalog.php
http://www.amstamps.com/catalogmain.html
http://www.aboutpanache.com/index.html
http://www.rubbermonger.com/rubberhome.htm
http://www.rubbertreestamps.com/home.htm
http://www.angelfire.com/biz2/stoneh...mps/index.html

AND, if this isn't enough:
Link with lots of other links to stamp companies:
http://www.rubberstampinglinks.com/u...ed-stamps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2005, 02:36 PM   #26  
Glitter Guru

Can't say I have ever made it to the bottom of my wish list. I'm not done purchasing sets from this catalogue and every time a new mini catalogue comes out there's something more I want. IMHO the last couple of spring catalogues have been the best minis of the year so there is bound to be stuff I want in there too. That's only a few short months away. I'm making my way through all of the punches. I love, love, love all of the punches since they went to the whale design.

Kathleen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2005, 02:52 PM   #27  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Ever been to the point where you have nothing else to buy

In your dreams. That is still along............... way off for me and the lengh of my wish list that will be 3 or 4 new cataloges away so there will be more to add on by then.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2005, 04:09 PM   #28  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I thought I was the only one that got this way. Right about SAB time I start thinking, now if I buy that stamp set will it retire?

Time for me to start saving for July purchases!

I'mastartin' to get the convention itch!!! And it's starting to snow! July can not come soon enough!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2005, 04:17 PM   #29  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarLitStudio
I thought I was the only one that got this way. Right about SAB time I start thinking, now if I buy that stamp set will it retire?

Time for me to start saving for July purchases!

I'mastartin' to get the convention itch!!! And it's starting to snow! July can not come soon enough!!
You are the one who spent like 1600 last July aren't you? So when you say save you REALLY mean it!!! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2005, 04:36 PM   #30  
Pearl-ExPert

Except for possible upcoming mini catty selections, I think I have all the stamp sets I want out of the current book. :shock: I can't believe I just typed that out loud! Funny this topic came up as I have just been thinking how perfectly I have everything timed out this year. Only a few weeks until we (demos) can preorder from the upcoming spring mini, then I can work my thru the ribbons and punches and etc that I want, stock up on paper and envies, and then BAM! Time for the new catty!! WhooHOO! Hopefully I will get a great turnout for my SU! garage/clearance sale of retired stuff and get a ton of $moolah$ to spend on new catty sets!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2005, 04:36 PM   #31  
Glitter Guru

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not sure I can ever get to that point. I own 350+ SU stamp sets (and another 3,000 + stamps from other companies) and between sets, accessories and tools it seems to be never-ending. Each time I say "I'm content and want nothing else those darn manufacturers come out with something else so cool I have to get it!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2005, 04:43 PM   #32  
Die Cut Diva

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default enough stamps

I am not a SU demo, just addicted to stamping. I also have bought most of the sets I want from the current catalog. I like the two step stamping sets and some of the background stamps, but don't like to watercolor so the selection in the current catalog is limited for me. I actually like the older SU sets I already have, better than the new ones in the current catalog. I find that many of the new sets are nice to look at, but since I don't do scrapbooking, I don't have a use for them.

Lately, I have been buying TAC because they have a different feel to them than SU. Some really nice saying sets for $5.95 to $10.95 and they are easier to stamp with as you don't need a stamp positioner with the clear acrylic blocks I use on the UM stamps. Storing them in CD cases also helps with limited storage space.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2005, 05:08 PM   #33  
Compulsive Stamper

I've been stamping since the late 80's, so I have a lot of stuff! My spending has slowed down a lot the past few years, once I decided I was a "simple stamper" and not interested in delving into things like polymer clay, or anything that requires much more than stamp, paper and ink. My weaknesses are colored pencils and gel pens, but I've managed to convince myself to make do with the several sets of each I have. I haven't bought any new supplies for a few years now.

But honestly, as long as SU! and other favorite companies keep coming out with new designs, I'll still buy a few stamps every year! And also a few packages of CS when my on-hand supply runs low....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2005, 05:40 PM   #34  
Mad Swapper

I am at the point of saturation, too, I think. I need to place a $200 order to stay active as a SU! demo (money I already have due to Christmas gift money and money I earned through making cards for others). I am having a really difficult time justifying spending it on stuff I really don't need. I have all the stamps on my wish list and more. I have so much stuff that it seems so excessive just to spend $200 because I have it--there are so many people in the world--especially in the tsunami hit region--that need things like water that I honestly feel guilty buying stamps this time--after a 7 year habit! I am trying to mitigate the guilt by telling myself that our family has contributed at least that much to relief efforts, and that if I buy another alphabet stamp set I will be helping SU! help others....

Such a dilemma...

Kelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2005, 06:03 PM   #35  
Pearl-ExPert

I don't think I could possibly have everything I want/need. :shock: I like having all the different stamps and accessories and I can still look throught the catty and find things I'd like to have. I can't wait to see the new mini catty.
Ronda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2005, 06:53 PM   #36  
Gabfest Goddess

I probably have about another 8 sets or so that I really really like but I have a lot of retired sets I need to get rid of before I can get them....and I too worry about what will be discontinued next year. But....at least I still have something on my wish list.

Now don't get me started on all the accessories. I can't even begin to get enough of them...so I'll be a happy shopper in that department forever!! :

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. ~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2005, 07:21 PM   #37  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

While I have no where near what I want, I am taking a break from buying ANY craft related items until April 1. I did place a SU order for about 150 in order to take advantage of the SAB. That order has not yet arrived, so I am not in total withdrawal yet. However, I've decided that I MUST use up most of my paper before I buy more. It is everywhere!! And, forcing myself to use only what I have on hand (not a lot of stamps -- sold most of them last year) is improving my creativity. but, after April 1 -- watch out!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2005, 09:38 PM   #38  
Stazon Splitcoast

ONLY IN MY DREAMS!!!!!!!!

Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2005, 10:12 PM   #39  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angela Bounds
Everything I need??? YEAH RIGHT!!!! I thought that $500 ago....... :oops: :shock:
I SO understand that! I'm right there with you! Every time I think I don't need anything else, I find something else, I've just GOT to have!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2005, 03:18 AM   #40  
HB
Mad Swapper

Wow - I need to move up to the BIG leagues!! LOL I'm having a workshop on Saturday and I spent hours last night pouring through the catty trying to pick my very very favorites, knowing that I can only spend so much, and knowing that I WANT so much.
If any of you need a charitable cause to get rid of some of those extra SAB sets, PM me and I'll send my address
All kidding aside... isn't stamping just the funnest thing you've ever done?
Carol

My SCS gallery: HB
Reply With Quote Likes