Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-05-2005, 07:14 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Expressionistic Watercolor, help

Hi, can someone direct me to instructions on Expressionistic Watercolor. Thank You!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2005, 08:45 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'd love to see instructions too!

Sencie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2005, 09:09 AM   #3  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

The technique is from the Technique Junkies Newsletter (12/04 I think). I just got a subscrition for Christmas - it's awesome! Go to www.patstamps.com Also Pat has been posting here at SCS - her name is phuncropper - here's a link to her gallery
Member Galleries by hotwheels at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2005, 10:55 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

so the technique is a secret unless you get this newsletter? Hmmmm.......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2005, 11:12 AM   #5  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't say it's a secret, but the newsletter is a wonderful publication that obviously takes a LOT of work by Pat Huntoon, who puts it out. Many of her subscribers - including me - prefer not to publish techniques from her newsletter, even though she has said that people can write them up themselves because she owns the copyright to her words, rather than the techniques themselves. They eventually make their way into the general body of stamping knowledge, but I don't feel right about posting instructions (even in my own words) so soon after the newsletter came out. Doesn't seem quite right somehow.

When you start seeing a cool new technique here on SCS, you can bet that people just got their Technique Junkie newsletters!! Check out her site! You'll love the beautiful card gallery & if you subscribe, you won't be disappointed!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2005, 11:51 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

I agree. Pat Huntoon does a wonderful job with her newsletter, has put together 2 CDs full of techniques and publishes a scrapbooking newsletter as well. I can't speak for other subscribers, but I feel honor bound not to photocopy or otherwise distribute her newsletter to non-subscribers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2005, 02:50 PM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

THANK YOU to those who PM'd me on this subject, I am grateful for your direction.

I would not ask anyone to "copy" or violate anyones copyrights, I was just looking for some direction on this technique as I thought this was a forum for sharing.

I have done something similar to this technique with a water mister and some watercolor crayons applied directly to the rubber.

If it was me, I would not post my creation to this site if I did not want to be asked questions about the technique I used. I guess that would be the safest way. But that is just my opinion!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2005, 03:11 PM   #8  
Glitter Queen

I agree with Northernstamper... I'm fairly sure that technique wasn't original to that newsletter. Maybe was given a different name, so I'm not sure why folks feel they can't share the instructions with new stampers.

I think it's great that everybody loves and has a loyalty to the newsletter, but this is a technique that has been in the gallery quite often, and you make it seem like those samples are a commercial for that newsletter.

JMO....
Sarah
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2005, 03:12 PM   #9  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by northernstamp
THANK YOU to those who PM'd me on this subject, I am grateful for your direction.

I would not ask anyone to "copy" or violate anyones copyrights, I was just looking for some direction on this technique as I thought this was a forum for sharing.

I have done something similar to this technique with a water mister and some watercolor crayons applied directly to the rubber.

If it was me, I would not post my creation to this site if I did not want to be asked questions about the technique I used. I guess that would be the safest way. But that is just my opinion!
I hope I didn't offend you by directing you to the newlsetter. I was directed to the newsletter in a similar way awhile back and was very happy to discover it. I kept seeing techniques in the gallery that I was not familiar with. Since so many here at SCS are subscribers, I think most people don't think of not posting samples. SCS is a very sharing community. Had you done a search in the forums you probably would have found the technique described in some thread already. The posters here did not in any way mean to be rude. I think it was very politley explained as to why we were uncomfortable posting the technique. Your tone is quite harsh. Again I apologize if I offended you.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2005, 03:19 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: My very hot stamp room, in Phoenix! It's a dry heat.

I don't know if this is the same technique, but you can check this out:
http://ephesian25stamps.homestead.co...technique.html
I love this site. She has so many wonderful techniques, tutorials, cards and . . . so much more. Give it a try!
Reply With Quote Likes