Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-17-2007, 08:05 AM   #121  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well if you look at CTMH for clear stamps being unmounted. I personally think they are almost the same price as SU with the wood. Some of thier stamps aren't any less expensive as SU's are . I'm looking into Tac to see what's going on with thier prices. Not that I won't be buying from SU because it's too hard for me to get away from SU alltogether. I love thier images too much.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 08:08 AM   #122  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanTInk
http://www.milan.net

You can get some of them free, but the best ones are by subscription, which is around $9 per year...well worth it!
$9 a YEAR! Holy smokes, that seems expensive, how many do you get for that price? I think I can find them cheaper someplace else...:mrgreen:

What do you suppose the mark up is on THOSE? I mean, you create them once and just sell people the same thing over and over?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 08:08 AM   #123  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by pigfingers
UM, hello? THe markup would be the 20% - the commission that the demos get.

I still say even with the extra 20% retail I pay I love SU and I was just looking at some of my $7 and $8 stamps in my drawer the other day that I don't use as much and I can't emphasize how much the SU sets get used so much more and overall have cost me so much less.
Um hello pig fingers. Even with the 20% factored in, SU is making quite a pile. I would say profitability is greater than Michaels et al - they still have to pay for so much more. Owning a brick and mortar retail store will cut into profitability more than a mail order company. And let's face it - many of the SU demos are hobby demos who join for the discount. Yep Stampin Up is pretty smart. I have no problem with this, I will continue to buy SU and will continue to buy from Michael's. But I would also love to know more about SU's company profile, expenditure and profitablity. Design to sale.
My post was about interest, not complaint.

Designing For Great Companies Including:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 08:09 AM   #124  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you SEEN th eSHIPPING on those things????
WELL. I. NEVA.................

SA Sistah -Original Swappers Anonymous!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 08:10 AM   #125  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by housefan
The mark up is the difference between the cost to produce and the cost the company sells them to the demos for. I have heard it is around 1200 percent but that was long ago.
It must take alot of energy to complain about something over and over for a product that you aren't required to buy.

It's simple. If you don't like it (because of whatever) reason don't buy it.

End of story, no?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 08:11 AM   #126  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzy_H
Um hello pig fingers. Even with the 20% factored in, SU is making quite a pile. I would say profitability is greater than Michaels et al - they still have to pay for so much more. Owning a brick and mortar retail store will cut into profitability more than a mail order company. And let's face it - many of the SU demos are hobby demos who join for the discount. Yep Stampin Up is pretty smart. I have no problem with this, I will continue to buy SU and will continue to buy from Michael's. But I would also love to know more about SU's company profile, expenditure and profitablity. Design to sale.
I was gonna go somewhere with this.............

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 08:16 AM   #127  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by myhappyplace
$9 a YEAR! Holy smokes, that seems expensive, how many do you get for that price? I think I can find them cheaper someplace else...:mrgreen:

What do you suppose the mark up is on THOSE? I mean, you create them once and just sell people the same thing over and over?
For $9 I get ALL I WANT. Which is why I try to use them everyday, as demonstrated on this thread, the more you get, the less the price is on every single one, right?

Oh, there I go again with the smileys...I'm addicted, I tell ya! But cheaply addicted! ANd it's the same with my stamps...the more often I use them, the less they cost me every time I pull 'em out. If I make 100 cards with a set, it costs me less per card because I'm using a stinkin' cute SU! set than if I bought a set from another company for less that I didn't like as much so it sat unused...it's all the science of economics:

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 08:17 AM   #128  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzy_H
But I would also love to know more about SU's company profile, expenditure and profitablity. Design to sale.
Suzy, SU is making a profit. No bones about it. The company is operating in the black. That's more than a lot of companies can say. They have almost folded before (that's why SAB was born, to boost sales in a "low" time of the year), but now they are growing steadily.

I read somewhere that the *average* local stamp/scrapbook store only lasts (under one owner) a year or two. There isn't enough profitabliity for them to compete with the big chains.

The big chains apparently aren't making enough to hire knowledgeable and helpful employees. I don't know how many times I've seen complained on here that the people in the stores have no idea where anything is or what someone's asking about. ;) Maybe they should stop discounting so deeply so they can afford to educate their employees and pay them enough to care about what they're selling. :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 08:17 AM   #129  
Glitter Guru

The way I usually look at the price is this .Why buy 1 stamp for $8.00 or more. When you can have a whole set For $24.00. Like In Full Bloom.

Now you take that entire set, break it down into 9 pieces and sell these individually. How much do you think this set will cost you now. If you had to buy each stamp from this set individually in a store. A LOT MORE THAN $24.00Look at it that way.

Go and take the measurements down . Then go to Michaels and price out each stamp by size, and see what you come up with.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 08:20 AM   #130  
Pearl-ExPert

Just my two cents: SU! price increase still comparable (and many cases cheaper) than CTMH and TAC. Alittle increase in 5 years isnt that much
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 08:22 AM   #131  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

Quote:

Originally Posted by myhappyplace

They have some cute smilies at www.cosgan.de
Just click the "english" button in the right hand corner;)
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 08:24 AM   #132  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by belindaking
Suzy, SU is making a profit. No bones about it. The company is operating in the black. That's more than a lot of companies can say. They have almost folded before (that's why SAB was born, to boost sales in a "low" time of the year), but now they are growing steadily.

I read somewhere that the *average* local stamp/scrapbook store only lasts (under one owner) a year or two. There isn't enough profitabliity for them to compete with the big chains.

The big chains apparently aren't making enough to hire knowledgeable and helpful employees. I don't know how many times I've seen complained on here that the people in the stores have no idea where anything is or what someone's asking about. ;) Maybe they should stop discounting so deeply so they can afford to educate their employees and pay them enough to care about what they're selling. :rolleyes:
YAY Belinda!! AND teach to make CUTE stuff!!!
Thats like me wanting to know what Suzy does, how much she makes, what she spends it on, open up the books cuz Im curious!

If SU! wants to charge $30 for one tiny stamp, and I LOVE it, and its exclusive and no other Stamp Co. has copied it yet, then I will pay to have it cuz I love it!!!
I dont really care if it cost them .12 to make it.
Does anyone question CTMH or TAC or SU! demo when they have a class they are charged for, "just how much did this pc of paper cost you ms.demo, and why are you charging me this price, and how much are you making on it, how much did you pay...."

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 08:33 AM   #133  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynn in St. Louis
People will complain about anything and everything because it's human nature. It's like the price of gas. Complain all you want, it ain't gonna change anything. Perhaps it makes people feel better to whine, but just like gas, just because the prices go up doesn't mean I won't buy the stuff. Gas or stamps...they are both MUST HAVES for me!
Honestly, I don't think she was whining. I think she clearly, articulately, and kindly stated her opinion. Which she is entitled to. And, Which is what we're supposed to be able to do in these kinds of forums.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 08:41 AM   #134  
Gabfest Goddess

I think mostly everyone has been civil in their posts! And funny, amusing, snarky and back to funny! I think we're all doin good in here statin' our opinions! No Mods jumpin' in yet!!
How boring if we all sat around and whispered!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 08:44 AM   #135  
Mad Swapper

Also to note - if you think the demo discount helps - SIGN UP! Please don't blame us for signing up - the discount is a perk!

As for prices, I think Jenni said it best
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 08:47 AM   #136  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanstamping2
I look at it this way.... If you love the stamp set's then you're going to buy it no matter how much it cost!!

If I like it I will buy it!!

This is me!!

I had to go back and actually look at the prices of the sets in the catty! I went through and decided which ones I liked and am going to get.

I rarely look at how much anymore. If I like it/LOVE it, I will find a way to budget it in!!:mrgreen:

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 08:57 AM   #137  
Mad Swapper

Thanks so much for spending the 9 bucks, I REALLY, REALL ENJOY YOUR POSTS!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanTInk
For $9 I get ALL I WANT. Which is why I try to use them everyday, as demonstrated on this thread, the more you get, the less the price is on every single one, right?

Oh, there I go again with the smileys...I'm addicted, I tell ya! But cheaply addicted! ANd it's the same with my stamps...the more often I use them, the less they cost me every time I pull 'em out. If I make 100 cards with a set, it costs me less per card because I'm using a stinkin' cute SU! set than if I bought a set from another company for less that I didn't like as much so it sat unused...it's all the science of economics:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 08:58 AM   #138  
Glitter Queen

Smile

I found a few sets I will order for sure- I'm sure when the whole catalog comes out I will find dozens like always LOL. As to the price increase- this is a normal thing in the retail world gals- not a big deal. I have been stamping since '86 and have spent up to $20 on ONE stamp before and average is about $8 so spending around $30 on a whole set is NOT expensive in the whole realm of stamps. I personally do not like acrylic stamps (never have, never will) and just because that is the big "thing" right now, doesn't mean we all have to jump on the wagon. They did a push of acrylic stamps back in the late '90s too and it only lasted about a year before most hard core stampers went back to red rubber/wood. Cleaner image, easier to use and lasts forever too. JMHO- have a great day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 09:04 AM   #139  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by PattiLynn
I know I am going to get flamed for this....
No flames here. I'm actually applauding you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 09:09 AM   #140  
Hardware Hotshot

ITA! I am more interested and curious from an entrepeneurial POV. I find it fascinating. I do believe Michael's and their 40% coupons will hurt them in the end - they have such a markup, then have deep sales and these coupons. I am guessing they feel the customers who don't cut coupons will go for the sales, and the bargain lovers will feel a thrill with the coupons.

I really do believe in supporting your LSS. My LSS is like a Disneyland and the owner is Mickey Mouse for me. I walk and take a ferry to go see her once a week. I get excited like a kid. I go to visit her, learn, see what she has created (she has pictures, posts cards on the wall). Her prices are high (not her fault - it is our local 14% tax and the duty she pays on products coming in). She is so smart - she doesn't even try to compete with Michaels. She won't carry things the big box does. She knows where her forte is - customer service, knowledge, boutique brands, interesting trends. She is so amazing. In my gallery any time I say I have taken a class - those are her classes.

I see value in the way most all companies do business. But yeah, I do feel SU has a greater profit margin than my LSS and possibly even Michaels. Is that their right to do so? Yep. Will it stop me from buying? Considering I spend about $150 per month with SU, nope!

Quote:

Designing For Great Companies Including:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 09:09 AM   #141  
Stazon Splitcoast

Nothing jumps out at me really except Pick a Petal. To me the snake in Zoofari looks like he's got a cigarette hanging out of his mouth, not a tongue! :o :mrgreen:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 09:14 AM   #142  
Kookie Creator

I love the Zoofari set. I have 3 young children and would definitely get use out of this set...plus I love cartoon animals! I also like the petals with the different patterns, but not sure if I'll get that. Time will tell. I know that I am planning on getting some of the new IN Color inks and paper-just not sure about the 2 blues. There are so many blues now that I figure I could probably not get those and be okay but I like the other colors a lot. Can't wait to see the rest of the book. I also don't mind a little increase b/c if you break it down, it's still cheaper than paying the store prices for single stamps...plus I love that they come in a set so that they can all work together.

Becca
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 09:17 AM   #143  
Die Cut Diva

LOL Ally! That was my first thought ... in fact, I had to take a closer look!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ally
Nothing jumps out at me really except Pick a Petal. To me the snake in Zoofari looks like he's got a cigarette hanging out of his mouth, not a tongue! :o :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 09:18 AM   #144  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

About the "markup"...

Anywhere from 20% (demo who only orders minimum, with no upline to earn on her sales) to 57% (top selling demo with top level upline) goes to the demonstrators. Some goes to awards for top performing demos. More goes to perks for demos (opportunities for earning free stamps, monthly and quarterly demo magazines, demo website resources, etc.). SU subsidizes events-- they only charge demos about half of the actual cost per person for convention, leadership, and region trainings. Then there's hostess benefits-- SU pays for those while *some* ds companies make their consultants pay for hostess benefits.

The rest goes to the happiest employees on earth (really! I've never spoken with a disgruntled SU employee!), manufacturing costs, and maintaining a beautiful distribution center and manufacturing facility which were both *PAID FOR* before ground was even broken for the buildings! SU is a company that operates completely in the black.

SU also keep as many jobs as possible in the US. If they can possibly get an item manufactured here, they will. That's more important to me (and to the economy) than cost. The wood for the stamps is grown especially for this purpose, and is a little more expensive than imported wood, but SU gets the more expensive wood to keep jobs here in the US and to be sure that they aren't "using up" wood.

If SU went to offer both mounted and unmounted, either the picking line would have to expand by about 1/2 or the stamp selection would have to be cut by 1/2. Either option would make the prices on product go up even more.

I have a new hero in the stamping world....SU! Thumbs up for being mindful of American employees keeping their jobs in buying American made. China is laughing at us all the way to the bank. Japan didn't win the WWII but it is busting their banks with their cars and products we buy. Most Americans try to be frugal, buying by the lowest price when in all actuality we are cutting our own throats. My DH is an ergonomic trainer, showed me a video of a Chinese assembly line. With every motion their lives were in jeopardy. Hubby's comment, "How can we compete with this?" We have to learn to read between the lines and care what we read....and it may cost us!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 09:31 AM   #145  
Vee
Glitter Guru

I am glad I didn't care for the punch box this year. I can easily spend the $45 on the other stuff though!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 09:31 AM   #146  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default On the Fence...

My two cents:

The Fall/Winter Preview is just that a preview. I like SU! stamps and will buy less for more when the new catty is released.

However, this is MHO about the price increases:

On the stamp price increase - This isn't too bad. I can live with shelling out an extra $1.15 on a $27.95 that used to be $26.95 after you include the shipping and tax (in MA). I love the fact they were wiser with the word stamps, putting less together with more of a theme.

On the stamp pad increase - I do like the SU! pads because of all the matchy-match that comes with them so I will shell out for this too. I do think I will be more inclined to call and complain if I get a concaved pad that seems dry instead of just ordering a reinker (making a single pad $9.20 if you include the pad, reinker, S/H, tax).

On the cardstock increase - I do think the hike is a bit much because there was a price increase last year. I will definitely be subbing GP for WW full-time. I will also be more likely to call and complain about a smushed corner of a new paper pack.

On the designer paper - I think the price increase of this is a tad overwhelming. I usually don't like all the paper in the pack making each sheet that much more expensive. I will be able to find pretty paper from AC for $.65 full price at my LSS (not chain), less when she has her specials. It's double-sided and I'm not stuck with something I will toss.

On the accessories - Way overpriced! The rhinestone brads are very expensive and I can GASP! get rhinestone brads at my LSS for $3.99 for 54 in a pack. I'm quite interested to see where the prices of punches and ribbon goes.

Thanks for listening!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 09:32 AM   #147  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Amen, sistah, and I think M's is the worst offender! I went there to buy supplies for an in-class project, and the girl I asked for help didn't even know what the item I was looking for was! How can you work in an arts and crafts store and NEVER have heard of gold leaf?!? Other folks have posted to the forum that store employees were unable to help them with questions about odorless mineral spirits and other basic art supplies. When I was in Savannah I just gave up and only frequented the store near campus, which was owned by SCAD alumni and staffed with art students!

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 09:33 AM   #148  
clean and krafty

Default This is worth repeating!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottiejdavis
I have a new hero in the stamping world....SU! Thumbs up for being mindful of American employees keeping their jobs in buying American made. China is laughing at us all the way to the bank. Japan didn't win the WWII but it is busting their banks with their cars and products we buy. Most Americans try to be frugal, buying by the lowest price when in all actuality we are cutting our own throats. My DH is an ergonomic trainer, showed me a video of a Chinese assembly line. With every motion their lives were in jeopardy. Hubby's comment, "How can we compete with this?" We have to learn to read between the lines and care what we read....and it may cost us!
Ditto to this!!! Huge thumbs up!!!!:mrgreen:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 09:37 AM   #149  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 106 Likes on 67 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katie018075
Too rich for my blood...yes, as others have said we'll have to become wiser when making purchases now! Not totally thrilled, but we'll see...I'm not sure SU has made the best decision-yes, I realize that prices go up, but when the rest of the stamp market prices seem to be going down with all the unmounted, etc. ...I wonder if people will see the benefits of SU or not?
Correct me if I'm wrong but... I believe the benefit of SU is a personal demo. Last time I went to Michaels or ACMoore I did not have an employee sit down with me and tell me about their products and allow me to use their product for FREE to make some cards or scrapbook pages to take home with me. Most of the time I ask a question they have no idea how to answer or I can't find anyone to answer. And if your demo isn't giving you personal service, I am sure you can find one that will. It is definitely a big benefit IMO.

My Gallery| My My Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 09:48 AM   #150  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by javagirl984
Correct me if I'm wrong but... I believe the benefit of SU is a personal demo. Last time I went to Michaels or ACMoore I did not have an employee sit down with me and tell me about their products and allow me to use their product for FREE to make some cards or scrapbook pages to take home with me. Most of the time I ask a question they have no idea how to answer or I can't find anyone to answer. And if your demo isn't giving you personal service, I am sure you can find one that will. It is definitely a big benefit IMO.
FINALLY! Someone who appreciates the true value of SU!

My itty bitty gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 09:51 AM   #151  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I just got to see the preview. Here's my opinion

Polka dot ribbon!!! Polka dot ribbon!!! Polka dot ribbon!!! Polka dot ribbon!!! Polka dot ribbon!!! Polka dot ribbon!!! Polka dot ribbon!!! Polka dot ribbon!!!

About the stamps -- prices are still a good deal compared to buying individual wood mounted. Style of stamps? Ho hum.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 09:53 AM   #152  
Die Cut Diva

Tell us how you REALLY feel about the new ribbon Joan!

My itty bitty gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 09:59 AM   #153  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disneywed
I am liking these In Color colors MUCH better than last year's.
Me too, these are more my style.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 10:02 AM   #154  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenmouer
Just FYI on the pricing...when you look at the sets as a whole the prices are actually pretty darn reasonable...
Take for example

Baroque Motifs = $25.95 - the average cost of each stamp is $4.32 - heck the swirly one alone at Micheals would probably be a $12-14 one...

to do the math on some of the others and compariable items that have been mentioned on SCS (pricing from Addicted to Rubber Stamps and All that Scraps)...I didn't figure in taxes and S&H just comparible retail value because unless you have a LSS that sells the stuff you would probably end up paying S&H and maybe even tax if you ordered the stuff on-line

Words sets (6) - $3 each.... (Amuse simple word stamps are about $6 each)

Pick a Petal (11) - $2.54 each... (Gel-a-tins Doodle Garden set = $27+ -and don't forget the acrylic blocks also.....no grab and go convience)

Zoofari (6) - $3.50 each... (Gina K animals - ~$6 each)

Year after Year ( 8 ) - $3.88 each (Paper Salon wood mounted $7-8 each)

Designer paper - .83 cents for a 12x12 sheet (Basic Gey ~ .91+ cents - collections cost $18+ for 20 sheets)

Cardstock - .23 cents for 8.5 x 11 (Bazzil Basics .30 a sheet)

Blossoms Chipboard (over 200) - .07 per piece (biggest Board Flower chip board - ~.20 per piece)

Rhinestones - ..14 cents each (SEI Hippy Chick rhinestone brads - .24 cents each)

Just saying if you look at the overall VALUE it is actually far far less then many other things on the market for stamping and scrapping...
Thank you for posting this - great research and perspective. Would it be ok with you if I printed this up and used it as a marketing tool?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 10:08 AM   #155  
Stazon Splitcoast

Seriously, they deserve to be making whatever profit the market will bare. (Bear? sp??heehee) Too clever! Also there was initial cost, I know it's long turned to profit but don't people who go out on a limb and use their money to invest in an awesome company deserve to make it big time if the company and products are wonderful. I'm thrilled they are in the black. I'd be horrified if not! Where on earth would I get such quality cardstocks? I hope they can pay their employees more. Or keep them employeed or whatever. I hope the lady who owns SU (Shelly?) is hugely rich, she makes a product that sooo many people love, she deserves it.

My demo is not local so no parties for me (although I'm invited if I want to drive down there 2 hours) but she calls me, and follows up and puts my orders in and once something was missing and she sorted it out and most times I only spend like $40 so she does over an hour's work for ten bucks which is cheap. Besides I've said before, she's my FRIEND and I'm thrilled that 20% of the money I spend on these particular stamps go right to my friend. It would be an even better deal if I had happened to fall in love with a local girl I'm sure.

That being said, I like the savings of UM (I'm a TAC girl ya know..) but it doesn't offend me when stuff is more than I can pay. I just don't buy that set and move on.

They may have priced some people right out of the market, but I bet they will still be just fine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 10:29 AM   #156  
Glitter Queen

Exclamation AMERICAN Made!

WooHooo!!! Great for SU! I didn't know that about them and that will do a lot towards my dollars spent! We NEED to spend out money locally and most Americans do not realize just how much of America is outsourcing and importing and that amount of land actually owned by non-Americans- unbelievable but true.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 10:44 AM   #157  
clean and krafty

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan B
I just got to see the preview. Here's my opinion

Polka dot ribbon!!! Polka dot ribbon!!! Polka dot ribbon!!! Polka dot ribbon!!! Polka dot ribbon!!! Polka dot ribbon!!! Polka dot ribbon!!! Polka dot ribbon!!!

About the stamps -- prices are still a good deal compared to buying individual wood mounted. Style of stamps? Ho hum.
So, Joan, are you saying that you kinda like the ribbon?:mrgreen:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 10:44 AM   #158  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by javagirl984
Thank you on this....there are demos out there (for ALL companies) that do care about their customers...while I enjoy big orders....I would much rather teach my customers to utilize what they have and substitute what they already own instead of buying stuff just to buy it...in the long run that is what customer service is about...I frequent smaller stores that care about customer service...I would much rather have a customer who spends $20 a month over the curse of a year and USES what they buy vs one that makes one big $150 order and never uses anything and never buys again...

In reality the 20% ain't that much in the grand scheme of things and so what if SU makes money...last time I checked they never said they were a non-profit organization...heck my daycare which is a non-profit went up 10% this year...in order to retain good qualified people you have to grow and give them a raise - you also have to update your facilitities and benefits so people will want to come and work for you...and that all costs money...which is passed on in the pricing of your products...its the nature of the beast....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 11:03 AM   #159  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Do you know how often I use my SU stamps? Every single day (no kidding).

Do you know how often I use the individual stamps I've picked up here and there? Never. 95% of them not even ONCE.

They sit in one of SU's plastic storage cases (since they didn't come with their own) and they've never even had ink on them. They don't coordinate with each other, they don't match the papers, they're mounted crookedly, the foam is too thin and the rubber is inferior, not to mention the childish or poorly drawn artwork.

One of these days I'll stop and remember those ridiculous boxes of stamps I never use and WHY, before I buy.

The money I spent on the other stamps is wasted. The money I spent on SU has returned to me ten-fold. You get what you pay for.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 11:04 AM   #160  
Rubber Obsessor

I posted earlier about what I like and such. But, then I was thinking...

instead of the punch box, it would have been way too cool to make the Pick a Petal stamps a smidge smaller, with two different sizes and shapes of petals, but with the different patterns as shown. Then, the punch box could have come with some extra "flower" adornment options and two punches that would EXACTLY fit the size of the petals so we wouldn't have to cut them out.

Now THAT WOULD be worth $45.
Reply With Quote Likes