Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-17-2006, 09:11 PM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Favorite album for scrapbooking?

OK, I'll admit, I'm much more of a card maker than a scrapbooker...although I LOVE scrapbooking! I'm more of an "event" scrapper, so I tend to buy albums when I need them. I'm going to the Baylor vs. K-State game at the end of this month, and I *know* I'm going to take a lot of pictures!

So what are your favorite albums (company, size, etc.)? I'm a little intimidated by 12x12 scrapbooking -- 6x6 to 9x9 or 8.5x11 are much more my speed.

I've been looking at American Crafts' Modern albums -- the ones with the colored spine and plain chipboard cover (so you can decorate it how you want). Has anyone used these?

I'm open to suggestions, so let's hear 'em!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2006, 02:45 AM   #2  
Failed Lurker

There's a thread about favourite albums in the scrapbooking section - just follow this link. Hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2006, 03:01 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

My favorite size is the 12 x 12 and I love the scrapbooks from Close to My Heart. I have been using these for a while they are top loading which is great for me as I don't like to scrap in order. I haven't tried the SU albums yet but am thinking they are similar. If you do like to scrap in order or if it's just a scrapbook on one particular event, Creative Memories scrapbooks are nice too I have used them as Grandma ABC books as christmas gifts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2006, 04:37 AM   #4  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I started out using post-bound and I can tell you a lot more about what *not* to buy and that is one word: Pioneer. Pioneer books are cheap and their page protectors are cr*p, frankly. Even when I was using the books, I took the page protectors included out and used another brand.

I started scrapping in 1998 and 1999. Most of my first Pioneer albums are now falling apart. The posts have pulled through the holes on the covers. I've had to insert plastic washers under the posts just to stabilize them so they'll hold together and even that has failed. My books get a lot of handling because my kids love to look at them.

I like SU! albums a lot. I've also bought Sandylion's Disney albums and Colorbok albums, both of which I'd recommend. I prefer post-bound because I do not scrap in order.

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2006, 04:51 AM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Creative Memories are my favorites. I've never had a problem with pages pulling out - ever. I am more a scrapper than a cardmaker. I prefer 12x12 because I take TONS of photos but I've used 7x7 also.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2006, 05:56 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

SU scrapbooks are great. I use the 12x12, but for an event album, the 6x6 would be perfect. Go to the harware store and buy long posts int he specialty fasteners aisle and change them out. No extenders needed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2006, 06:13 AM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

If you only do event scrapping and want to do an album per event, then 12x12 probably would be more than you need for an album. A 6x6 album is nice for events, but you are going to get just basically one picture on each page and a small bit of embellishing can be added. If you'd like to do a little more than I would suggest 8x8. There are many many stores that carry that size.

As for types - I prefer topload post-bound albums. I have just found them to be the best to work with. They've got strong protectors compared to the sleeves that fit over the straphinged. Straphinged is just more frustrating to me to work around & readjust when I have to add or adjust page order.

If you decide to go with 6x6 and a postbound album I highly recommend SU's albums. They are wonderful quality books!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2006, 09:12 AM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions, guys! I have a few CTMH albums (6x6 and 9x9) from my former life as a CTMH consultant, and now that I sell SU!, I have one of their albums (6x6). I'd LOVE it if SU! would get 8x8 albums!

JanTink, thanks for the warning about Pioneer albums -- I'll be sure to stay away from those! Bagpuss, thanks for the link...I'll check that one out.

Have a great week, guys!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2006, 12:55 PM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baylorgrad
I'd LOVE it if SU! would get 8x8 albums!
YES!!! Me too!
Reply With Quote Likes