Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-09-2009, 01:42 PM   #1  
kt3
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question first stamp party tonight- any last advice?

tonight is my first stamp party as a demonstrator!

i have 8 people coming. i participated in a monthly stamp club with about 1/2 of the women before (before our demonstrator moved, that's why i stepped up and am now the new demo!) and 1/2 the people are new to stamping.

anyway... any last minute advice? our club members before always promised to spend about $20 every month & we rotated hostess benefits so that everybody had a chance to get the freebies, but i'm not sure how to best explain that to the new people...

thanks!
kristi
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 02:32 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Personally, I think that is something that should have been explained before inviting people to the party. It would make me feel uncomfortable if I wasn't told that to begin with and then once you are there, told that there was a minimum amount that was expected to be spent.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 03:03 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by kt3View Post
tonight is my first stamp party as a demonstrator!

i have 8 people coming. i participated in a monthly stamp club with about 1/2 of the women before (before our demonstrator moved, that's why i stepped up and am now the new demo!) and 1/2 the people are new to stamping.

anyway... any last minute advice? our club members before always promised to spend about $20 every month & we rotated hostess benefits so that everybody had a chance to get the freebies, but i'm not sure how to best explain that to the new people...

thanks!
kristi
Kristi,

I would post this on the demo forums, you'll probably get a better response.

This is the wording I have used:

How my Club works:

- Six people commit to getting together every other month to make a couple of projects and spend $25 (merchandise) on Stampin Up product. The projects are free, all you do is spend $25 on the supplies that you want. This is a great time to stock up on cardstock, dimensionals, ribbon, ink pads and even a new stamp set. The months we meet will be September, November, January, March, May and July.

- There will be a different hostess each time we meet. The hostess will be in charge of providing snacks for the group that night and in return she will earn at least one level one hostess set and $15 in free merchandise. Each person in the club will have one chance to be hostess in the year. I will draw names to determine which month each hostess will host. My home will always be available as a location, even if I am not the hostess.

- In addition to these great benefits, you will also receive:

* An Idea Book and Catalog ($9.95 value)
* A 10% discount on most of my non-club class fees. For example, a card making class that has a fee of $20 may be reduced to $18 for club members
* A special gift on the month that you host

Last edited by CAmomof2; 10-09-2009 at 03:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 03:10 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

MommaJ, I was thinking she was doing her first workshop tonight as a demo and wanted advice on how to introduce the Stampers Club or Hostess Club program to them to see if anyone was interested. Yes?

Kristi,
Congrats on beconing a demo and doing your first workshop. I used to do SU! and had alot of fun with it. I always had a Stampers 10 agreements printed up and ready to hand out for workshop guests. I would introduce it at the end of my workshop after the intro, catty tour, stamping basics 101, and projects for that night were made. i would say that "it seems we had some fun and if they were interested in a mothly class like club then I had an opportunity for them to join my Stampers 10 wich was a hostess club. It costs $___ a month for a comittment of 10 months. There is only room for 10 persons as they each get a turn at recieving the hostess benefits! So if you are interested please see me or mention it when I help you with your order." then I had the agreements there that CLEARLY state what wsa expected of them ($-- order permonth, order & payment in to me before the night of the club if they were to be absent, goodies to share with the club on the night they are hostess...) and what they could expect back (2 free projects and instruction each month, beverages by me, delivery of their order, a free stampset and the hostess benefits amount to spend on the night of their hostess club meeting, freedom to invite guests to the club by letting me know to set up and extra spot!

So I don't know if that's the kind of suggestion you were looking for but there it is. Having those agreements is not like legally binding or anything but I found it makes people aware and accountable to thier input in to the club. It saves those awkward payment/ order issues from happening more often, KWIM?

My other advice is to seriously make up an index card with an outline for regular workshops so I know what to I am going to say in what order. I tend to get side tracked, lol.

hope you have a successful party!
-tania
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 05:04 PM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

My demo hosts our monthly workshop at a local library community room. It costs her $5.00 to rent it for the evening. She charges $9.00 for six cards but does not require anyone to order. On the flip side she keeps ALL the hostess sets and earned stamp sets from the orders. She provides the treats and soda. I'm just throwing this out as one other way to possibly offer your classes. She's done this for four years and usually has a group of 12 to 15 stampers. The group changes but the "core" group still is active after four years. Good Luck!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 07:19 PM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

Good luck, I hope it went well! I have my first workshop on the 17th, I am looking forward to getting started! I'd love to hear how yours went.

Is the 'Stamper's 10' agreement on the demo website? I looked for it but couldn't find it.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2009, 10:08 AM   #7  
kt3
Crimping Master

thanks everyone for the replies!

last night was a huge success. you are right on, CAmomof2 & cedargirl with what i meant. don't worry, MommaJ, i didn't try to trick people into coming and then making them spend a certain amount of $! it was just a stamp party/stamp class basically. i had all of the supplies ready so everyone got to make three great cards w/ coordinating envelopes. there was no class fee and zero pressure to buy. near the end, there was just a lighthearted discussion about how we could start a stamp club w/ rotating hostess benefits next month, if people wanted to do that.. and they all do!

they were all so excited!! it was really encouraging and made me glad i decided to become a demo and restart stamp club after our old demo moved. it was great to have the mix of experienced & new people, too. since some of them have done it before, they could talk about how fun it was and i think helped the new people get even more excited.

thanks again, everyone for the tips and good luck with your party, KarenTX! i am sure you will do great!!

Kristi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2009, 10:16 AM   #8  
kt3
Crimping Master

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allistamps123View Post
My demo hosts our monthly workshop at a local library community room. It costs her $5.00 to rent it for the evening. She charges $9.00 for six cards but does not require anyone to order. On the flip side she keeps ALL the hostess sets and earned stamp sets from the orders. She provides the treats and soda. I'm just throwing this out as one other way to possibly offer your classes. She's done this for four years and usually has a group of 12 to 15 stampers. The group changes but the "core" group still is active after four years. Good Luck!!!
thanks, Allistamp123! that is a great idea. maybe once i have a few more of these monthly hostess stamp club parties under my belt, i look into starting something like that too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2009, 10:22 AM   #9  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by kt3View Post
thanks everyone for the replies!

last night was a huge success. you are right on, CAmomof2 & cedargirl with what i meant. don't worry, MommaJ, i didn't try to trick people into coming and then making them spend a certain amount of $! it was just a stamp party/stamp class basically. i had all of the supplies ready so everyone got to make three great cards w/ coordinating envelopes. there was no class fee and zero pressure to buy. near the end, there was just a lighthearted discussion about how we could start a stamp club w/ rotating hostess benefits next month, if people wanted to do that.. and they all do!

they were all so excited!! it was really encouraging and made me glad i decided to become a demo and restart stamp club after our old demo moved. it was great to have the mix of experienced & new people, too. since some of them have done it before, they could talk about how fun it was and i think helped the new people get even more excited.

thanks again, everyone for the tips and good luck with your party, KarenTX! i am sure you will do great!!

Kristi

Kristi,

That's great to hear, I'm happy it went so well. If you haven't already, you really should sign up to the Demo Forums on here. There are a lot of great ideas and a lot of encouragement over there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2009, 10:24 AM   #10  
kt3
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAmomof2View Post
Kristi,

That's great to hear, I'm happy it went so well. If you haven't already, you really should sign up to the Demo Forums on here. There are a lot of great ideas and a lot of encouragement over there.
Thanks, Christel!

I will do that.

Kristi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2009, 05:15 PM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm so glad your first workshop was a hit! Congrats--I love my demos!

Mary
Reply With Quote Likes