Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-16-2004, 04:12 AM   #41  
Failed Lurker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fiskars replied! I told them that my old 9in trimmer was fine for years but now cuts curved, and that my newish (less than a yr old) 12in trimmer has always cut curved. I have replaced it once but the new one does it, too. (In my opinion, it's a design fault - as the plastic rulers are too thin to remain rigid on a cutter of that length.)

Anyway, I digress. They replied and asked me to send back my PERSONAL trimmer, but not the 12in one. But I'm sending both. How I will cope with no cutting devices (albeit faulty ones) I have no idea :shock:

They also said they hadn't had any other complaints! :shock: Before you gasp in astonishment and disbelief, I should explain that I live in the UK - a fact that I haven't really got round to mentioning until now.

Helen
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2004, 05:19 AM   #42  
tmz
Rubber Obsessor

Default trimmer

hi! I don't post much, but I wanted to let you know that I too called Fiskars
today, and I am getting a new trimmer. All I said to the girl in Customer Service was, I have a 12" trimmer, and she stopped me asking if it was grey with a clear ruler and orange cutting blade. I told her yes and that I thought I had a crooked eye since my cutting was poor. She has said there is nothing wrong with my eye and that she will gladly send me a new one. So, if you are waiting for an email response, it may be quicker to call 1-800-500-4849 and speak to a live person. They are shipping mine today.

Tina
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2004, 05:54 AM   #43  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow this is so cool that you all are getting your trimmers replaced! When the Fiskars lady told me a couple of weeks ago to mention this to any friends who might be having troubles too, I'm sure she didn't envision this!

Hugs,
betsy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2004, 12:11 PM   #44  
Inking Addict

Default Fiskars trimmer

Wow, thanks ladies! If it wasn't for this post I would never have known that there were problems with the trimmer. I emailed Fiskars Canadian division last night before I went to bed and there was a reply first thing this morning when I got up.

They offered to send me a new trimmer as well, and didn't ask for any proof of purchase. They just asked for my mailing address and that was it.

Teresa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2004, 12:58 PM   #45  
Rubber Obsessor

Ladies,

I teach SDU (Scrapbook Design University). You need to invest in the EK Success Cutterpede. I LOVE IT! It accomadates 12X12 papers easily, it has changable blades(cutting, scoring, perforating), and you can tell exactly where you are cutting. My only complaint is that when you are trying to cut 8X11 paper, you have to estimate where the 5 1/2 mark is. Give it a try
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2004, 01:39 PM   #46  
Polyshrink Goddess

WOO - HOO
I got my replacement today. I can't wait to try it out. Thanks so much for sharing this info with all of us -- and yes I am sure Fiskars is regretting ever telling anybody to "share this info with your friends" LOL
Susan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2004, 01:49 PM   #47  
Mad Swapper

I just called & all they are sending me is a new ruler for it. Hope that works or I will be calling back.

Thanks for the info!

Sheryl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2004, 02:10 PM   #48  
Inking Addict

How did I miss this!!! Mine has always cut crooked. I bought it to trim the pictures I was printing out of the 8.5 x 11 papers... and I thought I was just doing it wrong or something and I quit using it! I'm so glad ... well not glad, just glad its not me! Mine isn't brand new, but I'll have to email them and see if they will send me a new one since they have fixed the problem! Wow, i'm really impressed that they are doing this!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2004, 09:37 PM   #49  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Alta Loma, CA ~~ With the *Girls* ~~~~~~~ Rubi, BeckyZ and Bia

I finally got a reply from them today. They are just replacing the clear ruler. If that doesn't work, I'm calling back.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2004, 02:02 AM   #50  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

Well I got my clear ruler for it, of course that isn't working though, my blade still pops off. For me it only took 2 days to get the ruler!!! But I live 45 minutes from where they are made ;) Told hubby I should go right to the place and tell them or maybe go show them that it don't work!!! lol
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2004, 07:56 AM   #51  
tmz
Rubber Obsessor

I was having problems getting mine to cut an 8-1/2 x 11 sheet correctly,
so I told the representative this. I placed a regular ruler on the measuring arm and measured 5-1/2' to the cutting line and found that mine was about 1/16" off. They are sending me a new one. Maybe that is part of some problems. Just a thought.

Tina
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2004, 08:33 AM   #52  
Kookie Creator

well i got mine yesterday...and it is the same crapy orange and grey one i complained about. are they for real!!!! it is obviously a design flaw...so why would you replace the item with the exact same thing that you had the problem with in the first place??

this is so rediculious!

loretta

www.celebratinghome.com/sites/lorettan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2004, 09:34 AM   #53  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Euro trimmer was replaced

I have the Fiskars Blue Euro trimmer and it was always cutting 1/16" off. I called Customer Service on Monday on recommendation of the rep at Archiver's Scrapbook Festival and this thread. I received a new purple Euro trimmer in the mail yesterday. There must have been a design flaw in their plate measurements that they changed the color of the trimmer.

I also had the grey and orange trimmer and gave up on that thing for the new Euro trimmer because even after getting new rulers and a new trimmer from Fiskars it never did cut straight.

Thank you to the OP for the encouragement to call about getting it replaced.

Bobbi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2004, 09:54 AM   #54  
Matboard Maniac

Is there an e-mail address that I can let them know about my ruler on my 12in. fiskers cutter?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2004, 10:36 AM   #55  
Matboard Maniac

I just went to fiskars.com and then to there contact customer service link and emailed them the problem with my ruler and then they mailed me a new cutter. Hope that helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2004, 10:51 AM   #56  
Matboard Maniac

Thank you so much for this thread. I have had the 12 in. cutter for probably 2 yrs. and never liked to use it because it never cut straight and the orange cutter always fell out and I was always losing them. I called Fiskars today and told them about it and they are sending me a replacement. I asked them if they wanted me to send in my old one and the just said to distroy it what great CS they have.

Thanks again!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2004, 11:41 AM   #57  
Rubber Obsessor

I CALLED TODAY AS WELL AND I AM GETTING A NEW 8.5X11 BUT ONLY A NEW RULER FOR THE 12X12 :( OH WELL HOPE THE RULER THING WORKS, I WAS BEGINNING TO THINK IT WAS THE BIGGEST PIECE OF JUNK :oops:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2004, 11:49 AM   #58  
Crimping Master

Well I just git my rotary trimmer replacement and it works like a charm! No more cutting crooke and broken doors Im very happy! now if my dog would learn not to try to eat the UPS woman! (hes in his crate now for the afternoon. )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2004, 12:16 PM   #59  
Rubber Obsessor

I love my fiskars table top rotary trimmer it is awesome, but for smaller stuff I ove my 12x12 and 8.5x11 so i hope this works.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2004, 12:45 PM   #60  
Matboard Maniac

I just got off the phone with Fiskars. They are sending the clear ruler for my old style cutter. If that doesn't work, they'll replace the cutter.

My new "triple track" cutter has it's own issues. On the ruler that holds the blades, the markings aren't clear...very blurry from 0 to 2.5". They're replacing that entire cutter because they don't just have the ruler part.

For those northern Wisconsinites on here...Fiskars is having a sale in Wausau from October 21st thru the 24th at the Cedarcreek Mall. This sale is on their craft items. They're having a sale on their gardening items in Sauk City next week (Thurs - Sat) at the warehouse behind the Harley dealership.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2004, 11:33 AM   #61  
Rubber Obsessor

I have 2 trimmers that both cut poorly. I just called Fiskars. They asked if they had already sent me a clear plastic ruler, and I said I heard that that was not fixing the problem, so they are sending me 2 new trimmers. Hopefully they will be the new ones.

Thanks for the info, I never thought about calling them.

Dawn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2004, 12:39 PM   #62  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

Well got the new trimmer they said they were sending me. It is the same old grey and orange one :( So guess I will be putting that one up for sale on ebay and using that money to buy the new one they have out now in the SU book, but will wait till I am hopefully a demo next month then can order it from myself..
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2004, 12:47 PM   #63  
Mad Swapper

Fiskars sent me 2 rulers to replace in both my cutters and I still had trouble. I called again and talked to the same girl I had spoken to originally & they are sending out 2 new cutters today. Their customer service is just great! Thanks to whoever started this thread and let everyone know that something could be done to fix the problem.
SCS Member #8990

www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/karrieg
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2004, 12:56 PM   #64  
Pearl-ExPert

I got my replacement today. They sent me the same that I already have (gray with orange blades and the swing arm) but the ruler on this one seems to be heavier or sturdier. I don't care which style I have as long as it cuts straight and doesn't give me that little crooked edge at the bottom of every cut. I haven't used it yet - so we'll see. I was very very pleased with their customer service dept.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2004, 09:09 PM   #65  
Embossing Fanatic

Thanks for this post! I always thought it was human error, and I was doing something wrong. I was just recutting the paper with my craft knife if it wasn't right.

I called Fiskars about a week ago, talked to a woman in CS, she said they would send me out a replacement ruler. When I asked if this would fix the problem, she said yes because the ruler has been redone but I figured it wouldn't so I asked what I should do if it doesn't, she gave me her ext. # and said I should call her if it didn't work. I got the replacement ruler Friday and tried it out this weekend, it still doesn't cut straight and there is that little curve at the end of the cut. Looks like I'll be calling again soon (maybe I'll try it out some more to make sure before calling). Hopefully if they send a new cutter, it will fix the problem. How is the replacement cutter they send out working for those who have received one? Is it the gray and orange cutter or the Euro model? Or does the replacement model depend on which CS person you talk to (kind of like whether you got the replacement ruler or cutter the first time)?

I agree Fiskars customer service is great, she took down my address and I got it in the mail a week later. It's great that they are offering replacements, don't get me wrong, I'm just a little disappointed that they are saying the ruler has been fixed and it doesn't seem to be.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2004, 10:33 PM   #66  
Pearl-ExPert

Dude! I have the same problem! I have the new blue Euro trimmer and the blade is constantly falling out. Plus, it totally peeves me to fold the paper in half and find that it doesn't line up - the line is crooked. I'll be calling first thing in the morning. I thought I just stunk at cutting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2004, 09:38 AM   #67  
Failed Lurker

Nearly forgot to tell you... I got my new Fiskars trimmers yesterday (personal and 12in)! Nearly 4wks from posting my old ones off, but I guess Fiskars customer services in the UK isn't quite so on the ball as its Stateside counterparts. They said they haven't had any other complaints, but that will all change soon as my stamping buddies over here all start returning their cutters, too!

Helen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2004, 10:05 AM   #68  
Matboard Maniac

THANK YOU - THANK YOU - THANK YOU!!!! I've had trouble with my Fiskars cutter (gray & orange) for the longest time!! I just called and they're sending me a new one!! YIPPEEEEE!!

Thanks again to whoever started this thread and listed the 800 number and prodded me to go call them!!!

HAPPY DANCE -
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2004, 10:55 AM   #69  
Kookie Creator

I just called the 1-800-500-4849 and got my trimmer replaced. No questions, no hassle, no problem!! The customer service rep told me I should receive it within 7 working days. Thank you for letting me know about this I was really getting rusrtated and did not want to use it in my stamp club in fear that if they purchased the one in the catalog it would also not cut straight. Hopefully I will get the new one listed in the SU catalog. Thanks again!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2004, 10:55 AM   #70  
Kookie Creator

I just called Fiskars customer service and they are sending me a new cutter also. Thank you for posting the phone #. The lady at Fiskars told me to just throw the old one away.

Deb
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2004, 10:56 AM   #71  
Rubber Obsessor

Hello- I just called Fiskars too- The lady was really nice and is going to send me the ruler- We will see- I have 2 other cutters I use for big jobs and have had to use them instead of the more portable one- I have also orderd the new one from stampin up. You just can't have too many tools!We will see! Denise
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2004, 11:19 AM   #72  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

PrincessMi said:
Quote:

I haven't used it yet - so we'll see. I was very very pleased with their customer service dep
When you do use it dear, let me know.. I never took my new one out of the package yet. If yours works I will take mine out. Otherwise I am taking my new one RIGHT TO THE FACTORY and show them why it doesn't cut right!! The factory is 45 milnutes from me
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2004, 08:04 PM   #73  
Mad Swapper

I have three different Fiskars paper cutters and I just ordered a Carl cutter. I can get by with the two of the other three, but I am just throwing the third away. I found out that if you put a spring washer in the gray and orange one, it cuts staight. The new blades won't cut as many sheets as the old blades. That's why I just went for the expensive one. I am really sorry to see Fiskars go down in quality. I bought the first one 7 eyars ago when I started scrapbooking and after using it for 3-4 years it just didn't cut straight anymore. Anyone who has an old one might try the spring washer. It works great! Too bad the new blades don't work as well.

"Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think." Buddha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2004, 08:37 PM   #74  
Polyshrink Goddess

Kar,
Just be persistant. I called the first time and they sent me a new ruler.That didn't fix the problem, so I called again.They sent me a new gray Trimmer and it didnt cut straight either, so I called them again and told them what I had been through and that I was an unhappy customer. They said they did'nt want that. I just got my new Euro cutter This week and so far it cuts great!!! I did'nt have to send anything back either. One time I called and the rep started to say something about sending it back. I told her the only way I would do that was if they paid the postage... she backed off very quickly. They are awesome . They really do want their customers to be satisfied. Keep trying until you are happy.
Happy Stamping( and cutting!)
Janet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2004, 06:35 AM   #75  
Matboard Maniac

What is an Euro cutter? Is it made by Fiskers?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2004, 06:49 AM   #76  
Polyshrink Goddess

It's the new style paper cutter shown on page 225 of the catty, except mine is purple. I really like it.
Happy Stamping!
Janet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2004, 08:38 AM   #77  
Die Cut Diva

Are Fiskar replacing the trimmers without a receipt? Did you have to return the old trimmer to them? My trimmer has never cut straight...always made a curve at the end and I never get a clean cut ( even with new blades!) :oops: thought it was me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2004, 08:01 PM   #78  
Polyshrink Goddess

Yes, they are replacing the cutters without a receipt and I didn't have to return either cutter that they sent me. Their customer service rocks!!! See the page prior to this for the steps I had to go through before I got this current cutter.
Janet
Reply With Quote Likes