Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-12-2012, 04:55 PM   #161  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Binx, I think you're barking up the wrong tree. I don't think you're going to get anything from Papertrey Ink and I wouldn't waste my time. At least now you know better than to order from them, especially if it's that important to you to have precise information on your deliveries.

Do you "know" your letter carrier, UPS driver, or a neighbor who could accept packages for you? If it were me, I know I could make arrangements. Perhaps you can get a bin to place somewhere that they could deposit packages in?

Whether you can control that situation or not, with the dogs, I'd steer clear of PTI anyway. They could fix all of their issues overnight and I still wouldn't purchase from them again. I've moved on when it comes to paper, cardstock, ink and ribbon anyway, and I can't imagine a stamp set I'd care that much about that I'd go back to a company that treats its customers so shabbily. Why give them business when there are so many other wonderful companies out there that make customer service a priority?

Last edited by Phantom; 03-12-2012 at 05:02 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2012, 05:16 PM   #162  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by queekyView Post
You know I had recently decided to bite the bullet and begin to acquire everything on my wishlist. I placed a $100 order during last months anniversary/site launch fiasco. I did get my order placed, after having my cart dumped twice, frustrating but OK I got it done. Now I am having some serious reservations.

Additionally, how does everyone feel about their new "rewards" program? Do I have this right? I need to spend $600 dollars over the year to qualify for the anniversary set? With the old program I would need to spend about half that. Sorry, PTI I don't see that happening. That's a lot of my crafting dollars to spend in one place. I really like this year's set and I would love to have it, but I guess it's not in the cards. I do understand the rewards never expire, that is a plus. Also, I do realize there is a price to pay for free shipping, it's just that it's such a drastic change in the program.
I felt the same way you did, about the change to $600. But as some people pointed out, you earn those points on all merchandise, not just $15 and $24 stamp sets like under the old system.

When I looked at my order history for 2010-2011 (earned one set), I had actually spent just about $600 anyhow. And since what I am liking more and more are the dies and $5 sets (and NOT the $15 and $24 sets that I bought just to get to 12), it's kind of nice to know that the little things count, too.

No comment to add right now on the rest of the thread, I just wanted to give my thoughts on the rewards program, since ya asked. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2012, 05:35 PM   #163  
Cardstock Collector

Default Once a strong supporter, but now DONE

I have been behind PTI all the way, I have just made the decision not to order. Wow, it will be hard, but i just can't reward a business that doesn't take care of customers. I can't excuse the "anniversary set" fiasco which has continued for a year, non action for lost packages, pricing errors on release (ink) poorly resolved, credit card charged without authorization when mispricing was PTi error, lack of or snarky communication and the list goes on. I did order on Feb 15 and missed ordering items because items were not all loaded and had my order dumped at least 3 times. Order was received timely by 2/24. But, I ordered on 2/17 and it wasn't even shipped out until 2/27. What company would install a new website during a major stamp release (actually, two times). Ok, I've vented now so I will go quietly.......

Last edited by bichonlover; 03-12-2012 at 05:36 PM.. Reason: don't know why this site shows that I have only posted once and that I joined in 2011. I have been a member here since 2006
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2012, 05:44 PM   #164  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by binxView Post

But their flat refusal isn't what raised my ire. It was the reply when it finally came. The customer service representative (now that's funny) obviously didn't even read my email and her reply was down right insulting. It's bad enough to blow someone off, but when the reply is a trite as the one I received, and insulting to my intelligence, I, well, I just have to vent.
Unfortunately, snarky replies (and vague, non-answers) from customer service are just par for the course with PTI.

The only problem that I ever had with PTI was trouble getting my 2011 anniversary set. The first time I emailed was July (when they told us to if we hadn't received them yet), the only reply that I got was that they had received my documents and she would pass it on. I then waited until September and tried again, and received the same reply as before. I tried again the end of October and I asked for concrete information on when my set was sent/would be sent, and I was sent a terse reply with absolutely no real information and told they should all be sent out by the end of October. I finally received mine at the end of November.

I am currently seeking out a new source of paper/inks - I don't think I can order from PTI again. They continually show how little they value their customers by their (non) responses to emails and their snarky posts on their forum. Heaven forbid I had a real problem with PTI; I have absolutely no confidence that they could get it resolved.

I'm sorry to hear about your stamps - I know how destructive a puppy can be!

Don't breed or buy while homeless animals die!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2012, 05:56 PM   #165  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Additionally, how does everyone feel about their new "rewards" program?
I like it better than the old one. I very rarely ever buy their stamp sets, but often buy their paper, so I get points under this system, whereas under the old system, I never got any points.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2012, 06:19 PM   #166  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

I haven't ordered from PTI before and now I won't, but I was curious as to how things were being handled on their forum. It took me 10 trys to get registered. I could not read those stupid puzzle words that turn up all the time. I've never had a problem before, but this time I ended up with four letters that I could read. After I logged in I noticed a notice from Nicole. I read the whole thing and thought "Oh, they do recognize they have a problem and are trying to fix it!" Wrong! I noticed the date and it was dated back in October. I guess what amazes me the most is that people keep ordering. I order from over fifty companies and have never had a problem that wasn't handled within 2-3 days. This is inexcusable.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #167  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyNachoView Post
I felt the same way you did, about the change to $600. But as some people pointed out, you earn those points on all merchandise, not just $15 and $24 stamp sets like under the old system.

When I looked at my order history for 2010-2011 (earned one set), I had actually spent just about $600 anyhow. And since what I am liking more and more are the dies and $5 sets (and NOT the $15 and $24 sets that I bought just to get to 12), it's kind of nice to know that the little things count, too.

No comment to add right now on the rest of the thread, I just wanted to give my thoughts on the rewards program, since ya asked. ;)
I guess time will tell if I order enough to actually earn the set. I can't imagine spending that kind of money in one spot, but it's not inconceivable. You are right, it's a positive that points are earned on all merchandise. Plus, if I don't earn the set at least I can use my points on something. Although I am still very concerned with all the continued problems at PTI. The jury is still out whether I order this month.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2012, 07:40 AM   #168  
Polyshrink Goddess

Sorry - I had a little laugh about binx's post.

She is telling a company that tells their customers "it's in the mail" that the dog ate her order!

;)

[In all seriousness, I was absolutely disgusted to read some of the recent comments about "customer service" on this thread. I mean, really?! I can't imagine a company being able to survive this turmoil with such abhorrent treatment of their customers. ]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2012, 09:01 AM   #169  
Rubber Obsessor

Gosh, guys, sorry to hear about all the trouble. I've been ordering from PTI for over 2 years, I order on the 15th-night of their release and often order twice a month. I've never had a lost package, a delay in shipping or order not received. I get my packages timely and even have received 2 thank you stamps sets. My orders are usually $200.00 or more.

Not denying there are problems with CS, but am willing to give them grace in endeavoring to get things straightened out. Our company (which we own) put up a new web site and shopping cart and it was a nightmare! We got it straightened out, but I understand their dilemma and the grief it can cause.

Hope those who are having a difficult time with them get their issues resolved soon. PTI is a great company with creative designers and quality that excels most stamp companies out there. I will be ordering for the next release in 2 days.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2012, 01:05 PM   #170  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by winnbView Post
Gosh, guys, sorry to hear about all the trouble. I've been ordering from PTI for over 2 years, I order on the 15th-night of their release and often order twice a month. I've never had a lost package, a delay in shipping or order not received. I get my packages timely and even have received 2 thank you stamps sets. My orders are usually $200.00 or more.

Not denying there are problems with CS, but am willing to give them grace in endeavoring to get things straightened out. Our company (which we own) put up a new web site and shopping cart and it was a nightmare! We got it straightened out, but I understand their dilemma and the grief it can cause.

Hope those who are having a difficult time with them get their issues resolved soon. PTI is a great company with creative designers and quality that excels most stamp companies out there. I will be ordering for the next release in 2 days.
Sadly, the customer service issues started long before they decided to release a new website. There are too many separate incidents to mention.
Barbara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2012, 02:02 PM   #171  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

[QUOTE
Additionally, how does everyone feel about their new "rewards" program? Do I have this right? I need to spend $600 dollars over the year to qualify for the anniversary set? With the old program I would need to spend about half that. Sorry, PTI I don't see that happening. That's a lot of my crafting dollars to spend in one place. I really like this year's set and I would love to have it, but I guess it's not in the cards. I do understand the rewards never expire, that is a plus. [/QUOTE]

I guess, speaking for myself, I've not shopped in many places that reward their customers for dollars spent so I've never looked at getting something extra. I do shop online and receive a little freebie pen, glue stick or small one word stamp in my orders, but it's nothing I have come to expect or would miss greatly if they ceased to include it. Plus I don't have the budget to spend a huge amount every month so maybe that's another reason why I'm not upset about the rewards thing. I've felt PTI's prices are very competitive with other online stores so I do feel I get my money's worth and I really like their design style. I am very glad PTI isn't my only source for stamps, paper and ink though, especially in light of all the glitches they've recently experienced. I know I would not be a happy camper if my order got sent to Timbuctu and took a month to straighten out or if it got lost entirely and there was no resolution from PTI or if my cc got charged but I never received my order. I've thought a lot about how I might feel if I did not get my yearly anniversary set after spending a significant amount of money and what I've decided is I probably would be upset only because their anniversary sets are gorgeous! Not at all like the "door prizes" they used to hand out at the yearly scrap retreat I attended, but really beautiful stamps.
So I get why some people are really upset.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2012, 11:34 AM   #172  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by mzza111View Post
Hold on to your hats ladies! This was just posted on one of the NUMEROUS PTI threads in the forum asking for help:

And of course, now there are just multiple non-answers a flowing. It's very sad to see PTI crumble like this.

I don't think their great products will be able to withstand this latest fiasco.

Ami
What a mess.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2012, 12:09 PM   #173  
Rubber Obsessor

I too have been having issues for about a month now. I placed an order and they are telling me that I put the wrong zip code on there, they shipped it to an address in the wrong town, the package has been returned to them and still NOTHING. I email, I wrote a snail mail letter and finally did get an answer from customer service telling me that I would have to pay to have the order reshipped. Told them to charge the original credit card with the reshipping and again NOTHING. To date, nothing and I've emailed again with the same generic response. I have suggested strongly to them to have a phone number on their website. If I don't get a refund or my package soon I'm going to go nuts. I won't ever purchase from them again with the customer service that they have.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2012, 01:01 PM   #174  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Of course they blamed you, it's never their fault. If I were you I'd dispute the charge with your credit card company or paypal (which ever you may have used). According to people on the forum, that's the only way to get PTI to resolve anything.

Ami
I agree. Dispute the charges. It seems that if it affects their pocketbook, you get an answer much quicker. With our company, if a package which has been charged to a customer's credit card is returned to our company for any reason, it is immediately credited and the customer immediately contacted. When it is ready to ship again, we recharge the card. That is the logical way to handle this type of situation.

Deb
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2012, 07:26 PM   #175  
Kookie Creator

Thanks to all that chimed in on the rewards program. All the comments helped me see it in a different perspective.

That being said, I've decided to stop ordering until the climate is better over at PTI. It's too bad, really. As I said in my original post, I had recently decided to fill out my long wish list. Maybe I'll be able to pick some up in the B/S/T forums.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2012, 10:05 PM   #176  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think rewards are great if you're going to spend the money anyway. For people that buy all their supplies from PTI, it's a great way to get some money towards future items. I like that they've changed it so you can use it towards something other than the anniversary set, so if I earned only $5 worth, I could buy some ribbon instead of it being essentially nothing until you earned enough to get the $24 set (and love that people don't need to figure out what to do with multiples of the same anniversary set). I've now qualified for a set, but I'm holding off until at least next month before I order. I want to see issues resolved first. It's not worth the stress of "am i going to get my order in or is it going to take an hour? will my credit card work? when will it ship? when will it actually arrive? will it be error-free?" etc.

I will say though that I'm glad the DT has joined in on the forums today. Lately it's seemed like Jenn has been trying to answer all questions, with Nicole absent and the DT very infrequently commenting (and only then on creative posts rather than complaints). I think it helps them (as a company, not that the designers personally need to understand the issues) understand just how hard it is for one or two people to do the communication with all these issues. Even with 6+ people on there answering PMs and responding to posts, there's still stuff they can't answer... maybe they need a dedicated mod team or additional customer service monitoring issues on the forums if they can't handle emails timely.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 02:30 AM   #177  
Kookie Creator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

While it was nice that the DT jumped in, they know even less about the business side of PTI than Jenn. They have no access to the databases, can't make decisions, etc. and, just like Jenn, must still funnel everything to the owners.

I don't fault them for helping. It's just that they weren't able to help.

I'm cashing out all my reward points while I still can and crossing my fingers that I have no problems with my order. Who knows where this company is going.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 02:38 AM   #178  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 253 Likes on 178 Posts

I hate that this is happening to what seemed like such a great company. What happened???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 03:30 AM   #179  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Thanks to all that chimed in on the rewards program. All the comments helped me see it in a different perspective.

That being said, I've decided to stop ordering until the climate is better over at PTI. It's too bad, really. As I said in my original post, I had recently decided to fill out my long wish list. Maybe I'll be able to pick some up in the B/S/T forums.
I know it's not easy when you like the products, but I think it's the right choice. Believe me, a couple of years ago, I would have dropped a pretty penny on this release. But I won't order from them.

I think it was foolish to have the DT come into their forum to field questions, etc. They just put a friendly face to it ~ these are the people PTI fans like to see and the idea seems to be - keep the customers appeased. There's nothing more to it. They don't have answers. I really think that if Nichole and the DT cared about what was happening with CS, they would have insisted that there be no release until the issues are resolved.

Honestly, I do think they are going to get their act together. Will I order from them again if that happens? I'm about 90% sure that the answer will still be "no."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 04:29 AM   #180  
Crimping Master

I think it was foolish to have the DT come into their forum to field questions, etc. They just put a friendly face to it ~ these are the people PTI fans like to see and the idea seems to be - keep the customers appeased. There's nothing more to it. They don't have answers. I really think that if Nichole and the DT cared about what was happening with CS, they would have insisted that there be no release until the issues are resolved.

[/FONT]

AMEN! I think that was a horrible thing to do to them.BUT....I wonder what they actually thought about the issues?..Personally it would humiliate me to promote and tout a company that treated the fans and customers that way. I mean PTI knew what they were doing by having MORE people go into to answer questions that they didn't know how to answer and couldn't answer because they know that no one is goint to smart off at say ..Melissa Phillips..or Lisa Johnson. I want to know WHY in the world Nicole Heady has her head in the sad and refuses to be public about the issues with her company??? She is a fantastic designer herself..I wonder how she would have felt about a compnay treating her this way when she ordered from somewhere else. Has the $$ gone to her head? I feel sorry for them to be honest. PTI HAD the potential to be a rockstar company but instead it is turning into an eroding rock on the beach of life..
I do have to say that my one and only order was with out issue..order went through..got the package in decent time..but I have had issues with on-line companies before..and it is so frustrating..like talking to a telemarketer and trying to explain to them that it might be 9 am where they are..but at your end of the world it is 6.. It is so frustrating to have an issue and get stone-walled at every. single. turn..and then to be made to feel like the problem was you..not good mojo there. Karma..she bites hard.
You know..I wonder if the DT ever has an issue getting the free products they promote?? I mean I guess they pay for some..but normally a DT doesn't pay for the things they showcase and I bet you my Prismacolors they get their product each and everytime with out a glitch..FREE mind you..but the paying cutomers get the hoe for the long rows of corn..I don't understand. At least one person at PTI must feel embarrassed right??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 04:47 AM   #181  
Hardware Hotshot

Default PTI deleting all emails and starting over

I just got this email . PTI is deleting all the previous emails and people need to resubmit their problems.

Customer Service Update

We would like to sincerely thank each and every one of our customers for their patience and understanding during this difficult transitional period. We realize with the launch of our new website there have been many issues. Please accept our sincerest apologies if you have been affected by these problems, and know that we are working diligently to resolve the remaining issues as quickly as possible.

Due to the number of issues we have experienced, our customer service department has been working tirelessly to respond to every email that has been submitted to customer service. Much to our dismay, they have had difficulty moving through the backlog because of the time we are dedicating to each individual email, making sure each customer is taken care of to the best of our abilities. Because we are concerned that customers with critical issues are not being helped in an acceptable amount of time, we will be clearing out our customer service inbox so that those customers with critical issues can resubmit their email and be taken care of as quickly as possible. This clearing out will help eliminate many emails mentioning issues that have already been resolved due to the hard work put in behind the scenes with the website and allow those with current unresolved issues to the forefront and be better served.

We ask that anyone who has heard back from a customer service representative, to wait one week to resubmit their customer service email as the issue/issues may have already been resolved or will be resolved by the end of this week (3/16/2012).

Who should submit/resubmit an email to customer service:
� A customer with a missing order.
� A customer in need of a shipping refund due to a gift
certificate or template
� A customer who has not received their template.
� A customer who has not received their new gift certificate
code.
� A customer that is missing an item from their order.
� A customer who has received a damaged item.

We respectfully ask customers with the following issues to resubmit their customer service inquiries after April 1st:
� Website/Business suggestions
� Stock questions - We will be sending updates via email on
popular out of stock items.
� Non-critical account issues

As the March release quickly approaches, we would like to share with you the following issues that have now been resolved:
� You will no longer incur shipping charges for Gift Certificates
or downloads.
� The list of states has been updated, making it easier at
checkout.
� When you log into your account, you are now able to see the
tracking numbers for your orders that have shipped.
� All 5% Discounts have been refunded.
� All Gift Certificate requests have been completed.

Again, we are so thankful for everyone's patience. We know it has been difficult, but we are committed to making your shopping experience a great one. As with all good things, it takes time to work through the small bumps in the road. Thank you again for your continued, unwavering support.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 04:49 AM   #182  
Stazon Splitcoast

We don't really know what their contractual agreements are. But I'd like to think that, as what I would assume is the "creative director" of PTI, NH would have some say in how to carry out releases and take it upon herself to refrain until things are corrected. Maybe she doesn't have that power, I don't know.

And I wouldn't make assumptions about the financial situation of any company.

It's a shame the DT was dragged into this - although as you mentioned, you'd think they wouldn't appreciate how the business is being handled either. Everyone appears to be just going along with the poor business decisions. I don't get it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 05:01 AM   #183  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE Because we are concerned that customers with critical issues are not being helped in an acceptable amount of time, [B]we will be clearing out our customer service inbox so that those customers with critical issues can resubmit their email and be taken care of as quickly as possible. [/QUOTE]

Really? We care so much about your emails that we've decided to delete them and make them all go away!

I guess I can expect my DECEMBER prize to arrive on the first of NEVER!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 05:04 AM   #184  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I, too, had frustrations with the February release order. I'm happy to say that any personal contact I've had from Customer Service reps have been kind and respectful and that my final issue has been resolved. There IS hope!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 05:11 AM   #185  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryroseView Post

Really? We care so much about your emails that we've decided to delete them and make them all go away!

I cannot imagine that this will go well. So many people didn't even have their issues addressed even if they did manage to get contact from customer service. It is really hard to understand what they are thinking.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 05:18 AM   #186  
Die Cut Diva

In my opinion I believe that they have to be somewhat business as usual inorder to pay salaries and bills. If the money stopped coming in that would truly be the end and they may not be able to fix all the problems for a very long time if at all.

I have not had any problems but I would be very upset if I spent alot of money and didnt get merchandise and no communication.

I think the entire problem is from a computer/software issue that either corrupted the data or lost it. I believe, that they have lost information regarding orders, payments, etc and are trying to retrieve it. However, it would help, if that is the case, that they just tell everyone. Keeping people in the dark just makes hostile feelings.

That sad thing is that this release is so awesome but the sparkle isnt there for those who have read all the troubles and anger.

I, for one, believe that they will come through this and it will all be just a bad dream.

Now lets get back to doing what we love - crafting!!

Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 05:32 AM   #187  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryrose
Quote:

Originally Posted by maryroseView Post
[QUOTE Because we are concerned that customers with critical issues are not being helped in an acceptable amount of time, [B]we will be clearing out our customer service inbox so that those customers with critical issues can resubmit their email and be taken care of as quickly as possible.

I thought of you when I read the email, Mary Rose. Prizes (and anniversary sets) were conspicuously absent from the list of concerns.

To me the email reads as though they feel the big issue is the website. Sorry to say but the problems were around before that mess. This is more than a "bump in the road," and for me how things were handled speaks more loudly than what went wrong. That does not bode well for the future, fixed website or not, corrected issues or not.

I do agree with something Bonnie said -- being forthcoming about lost data or whatever would have been better than noncommunication.

Last edited by Phantom; 03-15-2012 at 05:34 AM.. Reason: adding html
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 05:38 AM   #188  
Insane Embellisher

When I read the customer NON-service email this morning, my mouth just dropped open in amazement. I cannot believe they are deleting all of the emails and expect people to resubmit emails by the "rules" that PTI has set forth. It's almost like they are expecting people to just give up and go away. This is the most arrogant bunch of people I have ever heard of. What company sends emails like that?!?!? ...and then gets more orders!!! I wonder if the designers for PTI can jump ship and go out on their own. They have such amazing artwork. Being associated with this company makes me wonder if these designers - some being around SCS since I joined in 2002, are aware that working for a shady company is not so great for your reputation. I am ashamed that I have ever purchased stamps from this company - albeit very few. They won't miss my purchases (2 in the last 5 years), but they certainly will never get a penny of my money again. Hopefully they won't get yours either!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 06:06 AM   #189  
Polyshrink Goddess

I just posted this in the other PTI thread....

I am completely aghast at the stupidity of the people who make the customer service decisions at PTI.

After putting out an SOS to their design team yesterday and getting "all hands on deck" to deal with the plethora of complaints on the forums, there was a glimmer of hope that maybe this ship could be saved from sinking.

By deleting the customer's e-mails, some of whom have been waiting for a MONTH for resolution, PTI has essentially hit the proverbial iceberg.

To the DT: get off the boat, now. YOU are what we love about PTI, and we will still love you if you choose to leave. In fact, we may even have MORE respect for you.

To Nichole: You are an artistic genius and the reason why I started buying from PTI. I will go on the record as saying that your release posts this month were less than inspired. I am not surprised, because if I were in your shoes I would have a very difficult time being creative. If there is any way that you can save yourself from this mess, please do so.

To the owners of PTI: (and yes, I know Nichole is one of the partners in the company) I will continue to spread the word about your shoddy service and complete lack of respect for your customers. Perhaps my voice isn't enough, but I know that there are many others who will join me.

To the customers who STILL support PTI: Order at your own risk and please, do not come crying to the forums or elsewhere when you are stuck in the customer service quagmire. You have been warned, and you chose to ignore it.

To anyone with outstanding GCS or reward points: CASH OUT NOW! This ship is sinking.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 06:29 AM   #190  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

I am completely disgusted with the three stooges who run PTI! There are people who've waited WEEKS for a customer service response and this is what they get. PTI can't handle the mess THEY created so they are just going to delete everything and start over!

Wow, if this isn't a big o'l middle finger to customers I don't know what is!

Ami
AMEN! Exactly how I feel! I just emailed my friends who usually order to let them know how PTI feels about their customers.

Deb
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 07:56 AM   #191  
Hardware Hotshot

It appears the 3 owners of PTI are --
1) Jane Heskamp (mother to Julie)
2) Julie Heskamp (daughter of Jane, wife of Rick Heskamp)
3) Nicole Heady (friend to Jane & Julie and recruited by Jane & Julie for Nicole's artistic capabilities admired by mother & daughter)
Perhaps the person running the business is Julie possibly aided by her Mom, and Nicole merely brings her design talent to the table.
It may be difficult for Nicole, since she may also not have business decision-making powers other than creating great stamps and having a fab design team.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 10:11 AM   #192  
Polyshrink Goddess

So why can't this mob mentality just stop and let PTI fix their issues in the way they have outlined and let it work itself out? they are trying to sort out their issues and its STILL not good enough. Good grief!

http://camanocardmaker.wordpress.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 10:25 AM   #193  
Inking Addict

I just can't stand it. Stop ordering from them if you don't like them. It doesn't seem like it's worth your headache, nor mine from seeing this thread constantly being replied to.

I honestly don't see how this is so upsetting to so many people. Really. If my dogs ate my package, I certainly would never dream of blaming the shipper because they didn't warn me that it was coming. Of course it was coming, I ordered it.

And if I get a rewards gift, awesome! It's just a bonus, not a mandatory thing. It is FREE. How can I get mad at a company for not giving me free items for me doing less? That's just weird.

Please stop ordering from PTI. It will make you feel so much better. There are a ton of great paper and stamp companies out there that can meet whatever your needs are.

Now, I will slide off of my little soap box that I just created and watch the fireworks rain down on me. All while using my PTI paper that arrived yesterday ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 10:49 AM   #194  
Polyshrink Goddess

AMEN!!!

http://camanocardmaker.wordpress.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 10:56 AM   #195  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndreaSheldon1View Post
I just can't stand it. Stop ordering from them if you don't like them. It doesn't seem like it's worth your headache, nor mine from seeing this thread constantly being replied to.

I honestly don't see how this is so upsetting to so many people. Really. If my dogs ate my package, I certainly would never dream of blaming the shipper because they didn't warn me that it was coming. Of course it was coming, I ordered it.

And if I get a rewards gift, awesome! It's just a bonus, not a mandatory thing. It is FREE. How can I get mad at a company for not giving me free items for me doing less? That's just weird.

Please stop ordering from PTI. It will make you feel so much better. There are a ton of great paper and stamp companies out there that can meet whatever your needs are.

Now, I will slide off of my little soap box that I just created and watch the fireworks rain down on me. All while using my PTI paper that arrived yesterday ;)
Stop reading this thread if you don't like it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 11:02 AM   #196  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

I honestly don't see how this is so upsetting to so many people. Really. If my dogs ate my package. I certainly would never dream of blaming the shipper because they didn't warn me that it was coming. Of course it was coming, I ordered it.

I'm going to keep this short.

I really think you are diminishing the legitimate problems that a lot of people have had with customer service. I personally have not, but at this point I'm going to give them chance and risk the headache.

As far as rewards, PTI set up the rewards program to "Help Us Grow" and they need to stick by their word. Again, it doesn't pertain to me, I don't have that many points, but I would be furious if I had earned an anniversary set and had to continually contact them to try and get it. Same goes for the prize packages they promise and evidently distribute at their discretion. They use those packages as tools to hype up the releases and then fail to follow through? If I had known that, I would have stopped trying to win something long ago.

As for your final point, "please stop ordering from them" that's what I intend to do....for now. I sincerely hope they get the house in order and I can get excited about this company once again. Right now it's a HUGE turn-off.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 11:11 AM   #197  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I'm going to keep this short.

I really think you are diminishing the legitimate problems that a lot of people have had with customer service.
Exactly!

AndreaSheldon - If you want to order and risk having to experience the poor level of customer service that PTI continually displays, that is up to you. However, I don't think that it is fair for those who are new to PTI to go in with no knowledge of the problem. I like to know what companies are reputable, and I appreciate a heads-up on forums like this.

PTI's customer service problem is long-lived and wide-spread. No one in this thread is giving PTI a bad name - PTI is doing it to themselves.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 11:13 AM   #198  
Glitter Guru

WOW! Reading through all of this is a big heads up! I know that a pretty direct message was posted on PTI's forum, but wasn't totally 100% sure what it was all about until now. I had posted something in regards to the new website. I felt as if it was a bit hard to navigate and the pictures weren't up to par, when typing in the search bar items weren't coming up, the list could go on a bit, but really other than that i have taken a break from ordering from them for a few months (last order would be the november release) I was back and ready for some new PTI goodies and found this problem... ok, maybe just kinks... understandable. Placed my order, paid the $1 more for shipping (um crazy for what i ordered) Then no word. Was charged and sent a email stating that my order was placed, but still no word. 2 weeks later (this order by the way was for a SS swap)kinda needed to know where it was??? I send customer service an email asking about my order (number attached) and was sent a very generic reply. Wasn't very helpful at all. I guess my problem is just that it takes a few weeks for packages to arrive and they have a hard time dealing with large volume. Maybe they need to hire more personable PR people and more man power in the warehouse's??? Just a thought... I think it will be quite some time before i order again :( Sorry...

Last edited by adolsak; 03-15-2012 at 11:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 11:15 AM   #199  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,554 Likes on 669 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Hey everyone - just a gentle reminder about our site posting rules prohibiting disparaging people.

Discussion of service issues, etc. is fine, but please do not make negative personal comments about individuals in our forums. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 11:26 AM   #200  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Thank you for the reminder to keep this civil. :-)

With respect to the above, there are a number of people that are upset because they are owed real money. There are customers whose orders were charged twice on their credit cards last month and they are still without resolution. There are also customers who a month later, still don't have their packages.

I understand what you are saying but since the company isn't really communicating, it's threads like this that are keeping some customers in the loop.

Since you know that this thread is a hot topic for you, perhaps you can just stop opening it.

Barbara
Reply With Quote Likes