Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-21-2012, 03:45 PM   #321  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have one of those little Rolodex punches. I've only used it on business cards. It may not hold up to heavier cs as it's all plastic.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2012, 03:45 PM   #322  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Although a grade of "F" does not surprise me, I have no confidence in the reliability of the Better Business Bureau.

Myths and Truth | The Truth About The BBB
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2012, 04:43 PM   #323  
Rubber Obsessor

wow guys, I think we are witnessing the implosion of the company. So sad that they won't acknowledge their problems and continue on as if nothing is amiss:(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2012, 06:47 PM   #324  
Matboard Maniac

It's really too bad that things seem to be going so negatively with PTI lately. They have great products, but apparently are just missing the boat when it comes to customer service. I've ordered from PTI and didn't have problems, but it was a while ago. I would hope that someone from PTI is following these forums - cause it seems to be a fairly consistent message being posted.

Personally... I don't order much from PTI simply because I'm bothered a bit about the fact that they NEVER offer "sales" - I think that's a mistake on their part but that's their option.

I just think it will be unfortunate if they can't turn things around.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2012, 07:42 PM   #325  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by grandepuceView Post

Personally... I don't order much from PTI simply because I'm bothered a bit about the fact that they NEVER offer "sales" - I think that's a mistake on their part but that's their option.

I just think it will be unfortunate if they can't turn things around.
Well, in February they gave 5% off orders for one day only, which happened to be a monthly release night, which happened to be their 5 year anniversary after a week of crazy giveaways, which happened to be the week their new website went live...you can imagine how well that worked. Also, 5% is not much of a sale - I ordered, but it made me wonder if it'll be 10 years before they offer something like 10% off.

July 21 is the next closest thing to a sale - they give away the Natural Beauties stamp set with any $100 order for that day only. I do like that stamp set, and I have a long wish list (although it's shrinking the longer I wait!), but I still don't really want to shop with them (haven't since the Feb drama!).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2012, 03:18 AM   #326  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soozie4HimView Post
Well, I just read on Nichole's blog that Michelle Wooderson and Beth Silaika have also quit Papertrey!! Wow!
Just read today that Beth Slaika has joined Gina K.

Gina K. Designs- StampTV blog: Two introductions and the first sneak peek for June!

"I feel so blessed to have these two wonderful women join my amazing team of illustrators. They will each bring a new and unique style to the Gina K. Designs line. Beth will be joining us starting with our July release and today's first sneak peek is a set that Becky designed.

You will love the images and greetings that Becky has put together for her very first set with Gina K. Designs. Not only will this set help you create the right project when a couple is saying, "I do!", but the elements in this set can be used over and over again for all kinds of cards, scrapbook pages and 3-D projects!"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2012, 05:22 AM   #327  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks to everyone who gave the suggestion of the Rolodex punch - I'm a total office supply geek and can't believe that I never thought to check the office supply stores for such a thing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2012, 06:30 AM   #328  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakalahView Post
Well, in February they gave 5% off orders for one day only, which happened to be a monthly release night, which happened to be their 5 year anniversary after a week of crazy giveaways, which happened to be the week their new website went live...you can imagine how well that worked. Also, 5% is not much of a sale - I ordered, but it made me wonder if it'll be 10 years before they offer something like 10% off.
I didn't order at the time but I seem to remember this being another instance of them offering something and customers not being treated well when their system failed. It didn't work for a period of time. They added hours to the sale but many who had planned to shop during release were unable to take advantage of the sale at the extended time so they missed out completely and PTI would make no exceptions.

I can't remember if the extended time was the exact amount of time the 5% was unavailable during release or how that worked but I do remember thinking how bizarre it was how tightfisted they were about it.

As stated, 5% isn't much of a discount but would have gone a long way in goodwill had it worked in the first place or had they gone above and beyond to make it available to more customers once it did. Being open-handed with a small discount would have been far more profitable in the long run.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2012, 06:43 AM   #329  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am thrilled to see that Becky Oehlers is also now designing for Gina K Designs!! Some of you may remember that Becky was also a stamp designer for PTI for a short time. She's amazing. And now that Gina K offers clear stamps, I'll be very interested to see what these talented women do there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2012, 03:08 PM   #330  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by mzza111View Post
I find this quote from Becky's blog very telling:

Since she's been vocal about PTI, their issues and how they treat their customers, so there's no doubt in my mind that this is directed towards Nichole!

I also find this info from Rick (the PTI forum admin) very interesting. He posted it on the PTI Smack blog today.

So PTI is getting ANOTHER website??? Geez, how many is this? Is the 10th time going to be a charm? Why is it so hard for PTI to purchase a decent website? I don't see this many/kind of issues with other online stores.

Ami
A good website is badly needed and would be a big improvement. But PTI has other business problems that can't be fixed with new technology (quality control, customer service, communication, etc.). Customers should not be treated like enemies and problems should be solved instead of covered up. I really do love their stamps, dies and paper and hope things can be turned around before it's too late.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2012, 03:30 PM   #331  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So happy for Becky and Beth! HOPE HOPE HOPING that Michelle Wooderson will start designing her own stamps with them, too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2012, 07:52 PM   #332  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glitter GypsyView Post
A good website is badly needed and would be a big improvement. But PTI has other business problems that can't be fixed with new technology (quality control, customer service, communication, etc.). Customers should not be treated like enemies and problems should be solved instead of covered up. I really do love their stamps, dies and paper and hope things can be turned around before it's too late.
They could do worse than to interview some business majors for some co-op positions... Cincinnati has loads of top universities in the area and quite a few decent colleges as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2012, 04:24 PM   #333  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryroseView Post
So happy for Becky and Beth! HOPE HOPE HOPING that Michelle Wooderson will start designing her own stamps with them, too!
I would love to see Michelle designing more stamps! Am I correct that Michelle came up with the concepts and Nichole did the drawing though?

Barbara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2012, 04:44 PM   #334  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbara32caView Post
I would love to see Michelle designing more stamps! Am I correct that Michelle came up with the concepts and Nichole did the drawing though?

Barbara
Yes, BUT...when they released the new Strawberry Patch set, and Nichole showed Michelle's concept drawings on her blog, you could clearly see that Michelle was drawing it AND conceptualizing it all on her own without any help from Nichole necessary.

Michelle is so super talented, and she puts such a fun country/vintage fresh spin on her designs. I'd LOVE to see what she could do all on her own!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2012, 04:59 AM   #335  
TTB
Rubber Obsessor

I feel completely validated after reading 9 pages of reactions to PTI. I love their products and they are very reasonable prices. I have ordered a lot from them since I found out about them January 2011. I have tried to over look their technical problems so that I can continue to order from them but it is getting tough. I think that they have wonderful designers with lots of good ideas but the search system is so frustrating I have found other places for inspirations. I have a hard time understanding how they can create a wonderful product and have not hired someone that is top notch in technical detail. I can find my way around most creative websites (and believe me I spend lots of time perfecting that) but I have given up on using their website. I have so many suggestions that would make them work better but they haven't asked
I was interested to read someone's comment about Nicole I have seen her responses to people and thought they were "snarky" as well. It doesn't matter if it is Nicole or another person there and we all have our snark days but it leaves an overall feeling about the company.
Searching their website is frustrating and very limited. I have said my piece about the technical problems and hope they can fix them.
I think they have hired someone for customer service because my last contact with them was good and my last order came very quickly and as far as shipping timely I have never had a problem with that.
The last order was frustrating to lots of us. I, along with others, had put stuff in our cart so when the release hour came we would have a start then add the new releases. Several of us had our carts dumped by mistake several times. When I finally got my order in I forgot something and suggested they ship it free since it was their glitch. Nope.
Rambling but feel so good to be able to say this to someone who has had the similar experiences.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2012, 03:23 PM   #336  
Matboard Maniac

Just curious--this thread does not show up when I go to General Stamping. I found it by doing a search. Odd since there are posts from today. I looked through several pages just to see if it was lost, but it's not there. Anyone else have this happen?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2012, 03:57 PM   #337  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaperManipulatorView Post
Just curious--this thread does not show up when I go to General Stamping. I found it by doing a search. Odd since there are posts from today. I looked through several pages just to see if it was lost, but it's not there. Anyone else have this happen?
I've not had it happen with this thread but with other ones. I thought it was my computer being weird.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2012, 03:02 AM   #338  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

I think that might be a glitch. I can see it in General Stamping Talk. I notice SCS is running a little slow. I just redid my computer earlier. I always redo my software every few months. My computer is running fast but SCS is running a bit slow. Could be server glitches due to the heat wave.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2012, 03:04 AM   #339  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,553 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

I see it as the sixth thread from the top. Can you go back to general stamping, hit your F5 key (if you're on a PC) and that should refresh the view. Let me know if that fixes it for you - or if it doesn't.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2012, 04:19 AM   #340  
Stazon Splitcoast

It was probably hidden in that black hole that occurs between page 1 and 2 if you have the member company threads turned on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2012, 04:21 AM   #341  

Well last week we actually had a server that was caching a version of the site from several weeks ago, so I need to find out if that's happening again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2012, 09:06 AM   #342  

Just talked to our devs - we have the same two servers stuck in a time warp and that's what is causing the problem. They are off to hit them with a hammer.

Sorry for the threadjack. Back to business
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2012, 10:47 AM   #343  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks everyone! The thread is showing up today, and I haven't done anything. DeeAnn, you said you "redo" your computer software every few months. What exactly do you do? Mine is running very slow, so it needs something! Yes, Lorien, I've sometimes wondered about the page 1/page 2 continuity. So, it's a black hole!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2012, 10:48 AM   #344  
Stazon Splitcoast

LOL - love it... time warp!

thanks Lydia ~ and I thought there just wasn't much chatting going on these days ;) .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2012, 01:56 AM   #345  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Thanks everyone! The thread is showing up today, and I haven't done anything. DeeAnn, you said you "redo" your computer software every few months. What exactly do you do? Mine is running very slow, so it needs something! Yes, Lorien, I've sometimes wondered about the page 1/page 2 continuity. So, it's a black hole!
I make Ghost copies of my software. For example I have a Ghost copy of my activated windows. I always put a fresh copy of Windows on my computer instead of the OEM copy that comes with the computer with all those outdated and bloated software packages. I then have Ghosts for software applications that are not updated any more and my drivers. Then I make a Ghost of all my software that is updated. Every couple of months I redo that Ghost and make a new one with new updated software. I do update my software all the time. Every time you update it does cause your system to get sluggish and your memory starts caching sloppily. It only takes me a couple of hours to redo the software and make a new Ghost copy. I like my software to be clean and not have updates put on top of one another. I am finicky about my computer. I am computer geek. My computer is treated like gold. Back to PTI, lol. I hope that helps.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2012, 07:55 AM   #346  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by lylacfeyView Post
I make Ghost copies of my software. For example I have a Ghost copy of my activated windows. I always put a fresh copy of Windows on my computer instead of the OEM copy that comes with the computer with all those outdated and bloated software packages. I then have Ghosts for software applications that are not updated any more and my drivers. Then I make a Ghost of all my software that is updated. Every couple of months I redo that Ghost and make a new one with new updated software. I do update my software all the time. Every time you update it does cause your system to get sluggish and your memory starts caching sloppily. It only takes me a couple of hours to redo the software and make a new Ghost copy. I like my software to be clean and not have updates put on top of one another. I am finicky about my computer. I am computer geek. My computer is treated like gold. Back to PTI, lol. I hope that helps.
Wow, I think PTI needs to hire you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2012, 08:10 PM   #347  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks DeeAnn! I'm not at all tech savvy, but you explained what you do very well, and I understand the concept. It sounds like a great idea to keep a computer running smoothly. That said, back to PTI. I keep reading this thread, hoping that something wonderful will have happened at PTI, and I can place an order. I've only ordered a few times and had no problems, but that was before the new website. I don't have the patience to endure cart dumping or double orders, and if I had a problem with the order heaven help me. It all sounds too stressful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2012, 01:18 AM   #348  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glitter GypsyView Post
Wow, I think PTI needs to hire you!
Thank you for the sweet compliment. I won't work for PTI, ROFL!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2012, 08:16 AM   #349  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Thanks DeeAnn! I'm not at all tech savvy, but you explained what you do very well, and I understand the concept. It sounds like a great idea to keep a computer running smoothly. That said, back to PTI. I keep reading this thread, hoping that something wonderful will have happened at PTI, and I can place an order. I've only ordered a few times and had no problems, but that was before the new website. I don't have the patience to endure cart dumping or double orders, and if I had a problem with the order heaven help me. It all sounds too stressful.
With significant DT members of PTI moving to GinaK I'm hoping in time GinaK ends up buying them out. If PTI were smart they would already be selling up their business at top dollar before there is too much damage but I don't think they will. It will get desperate. Someone will get those designs and stock at a knockdown price in the future. And yes I think they will be worth something because they do "clean and classic" very well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2012, 08:27 AM   #350  
Polyshrink Goddess

oh my, gina k blended with PTI...how wonderful. do you hear that gina? i know she follows splitcoast forums....she is so very nice, her company has great Card Stock and Customer Service (the two CS's)....i do not purchase many stamps because they are either in large sets or just too cutesy for me....but i would LOVE to start if she has more of the PTI-like feel in the future

i wonder if PTI follows this....you would think if so, they would have made some changes already !! i no longer visit their forum since it was waaaay too defensive and snarky or place orders .... but i do love their stuff.

MY BLOG: www.mugsycreates.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2012, 08:56 AM   #351  
Compulsive Stamper

I am not a fan of GinaK's current style, but if she brings on new designers I will definitely keep an open mind. I enjoy buying from companies who appreciate my business and work hard to make my shopping experience a joy rather than a nightmare.

Hoping for good things in this regard.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2012, 10:10 AM   #352  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have never really looked at Gina K stamps for the sole reason that they are rubber. I love clear stamps and a lot of Papertrey's stamps appeal to me style wise. Now that Gina K offers clear stamps and is adding some new designers to the mix, I will definitely be keeping my eyes out.

I only know of Gina through SCS and recently from Facebook but she absolutely is someone that I would love to support. She comes across as being very kind and generous and full of integrity.

Barbara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2012, 01:22 AM   #353  
Die Cut Diva

Gina is a sweetie. She is one of the sweetest people in the crafting community. I have never ordered from her business. I do like her products.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2012, 08:00 AM   #354  
Rubber Obsessor

Yes, Gina is a genuine person, a real classy lady. She knows how to treat her customers!

I was hoping that PTI would have turned around, but it seems that instead of sincerely looking at the problems that they have made of their own poor business decisions, they have taken an arrogant, combative, defensive, self-centered attitude towards the many complaints about their customer service. I thought before that they may have just been in denial, but I do not believe so now. I would assume that they do read these forums as well as their own, so they know all to well what people post and their feelings about PTI.

Many people who have complained about the CS/business issues have expressed their desire for PTI to turn around and suceed because they truely like their products. They have valid issues and it isn't "looking for the worst", when the customers have given them many chances and have been patient, even continued to be customers while waiting for the multiple issues to be corrected. It isn't "looking for the worst" when you speak the truth. It has to do with the intent and motive to harm that is "looking for the worst". I would say that the majority of these customers were hoping and 'looking for the best' from PTI so that the could continue BEING customers.

It seems from the past and recent posts that this is the way that they choose to do their business and the more people complain the more they choose to do react in the same manner. It is like a child who, when is called on the carpet for bad behaviour, says "It's not my fault, it's YOUR'S, you are unfair, you can't tell me how to act, your are worse. . . ", and then they, in defiance, continue and up the ante of bad behavior. Some cannot bring themselves to humbly and sincerely say, "I was wrong", and then have the courage to change. They instead respond with defiant arrogance to the many problems they have created.

In this economy, and one so unstable, you would think that they would undertand that crafting supplies are not a "need" but a "want" and that it isn't a privilege to purchase them (from them), it is a privilege for them (PTI) to have customers that like and enjoy their product. That could change, and those "want" purchases could be crossed off the list for "needs" easily because the hard earned money to purchase them may not be there as readily.

Sad to see the continued problems and attitude towards them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2012, 08:22 AM   #355  
Matboard Maniac

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by sea777View Post
Yes, Gina is a genuine person, a real classy lady. She knows how to treat her customers!

I was hoping that PTI would have turned around, but it seems that instead of sincerely looking at the problems that they have made of their own poor business decisions, they have taken an arrogant, combative, defensive, self-centered attitude towards the many complaints about their customer service. I thought before that they may have just been in denial, but I do not believe so now. I would assume that they do read these forums as well as their own, so they know all to well what people post and their feelings about PTI.

Many people who have complained about the CS/business issues have expressed their desire for PTI to turn around and suceed because they truely like their products. They have valid issues and it isn't "looking for the worst", when the customers have given them many chances and have been patient, even continued to be customers while waiting for the multiple issues to be corrected. It isn't "looking for the worst" when you speak the truth. It has to do with the intent and motive to harm that is "looking for the worst". I would say that the majority of these customers were hoping and 'looking for the best' from PTI so that the could continue BEING customers.

It seems from the past and recent posts that this is the way that they choose to do their business and the more people complain the more they choose to do react in the same manner. It is like a child who, when is called on the carpet for bad behaviour, says "It's not my fault, it's YOUR'S, you are unfair, you can't tell me how to act, your are worse. . . ", and then they, in defiance, continue and up the ante of bad behavior. Some cannot bring themselves to humbly and sincerely say, "I was wrong", and then have the courage to change. They instead respond with defiant arrogance to the many problems they have created.

In this economy, and one so unstable, you would think that they would undertand that crafting supplies are not a "need" but a "want" and that it isn't a privilege to purchase them (from them), it is a privilege for them (PTI) to have customers that like and enjoy their product. That could change, and those "want" purchases could be crossed off the list for "needs" easily because the hard earned money to purchase them may not be there as readily.

Sad to see the continued problems and attitude towards them.
Agree. ^^^^
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2012, 08:46 AM   #356  
Polyshrink Goddess

well said sea777 !

MY BLOG: www.mugsycreates.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2012, 10:19 AM   #357  
TTB
Rubber Obsessor

WOW! I really appreciate the time that people have taken here to express themselves. I love their products so have tried to over look their shortcomings but seeing all this here leaves me discouraged about them changing. I just love their products but....I guess even though there are many items on my wish list I am going to get my anniversary set and stop buying from them. I hope they see the similarity in the experience that people are talking about here and change because I would definitely go back.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2012, 10:38 AM   #358  
Die Cut Diva

Unbelievable this type of thread is still going strong......How hard can it be to get a grip on customer service?
I had an issue with PTI a couple years ago, myself. I was buying their products like crazy... afterwards I ebayed 99% of my PTI products.....

Here is the "old" thread.

Forums at Splitcoaststampers product.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2012, 12:09 PM   #359  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 297 Likes on 115 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampininthesunView Post
Unbelievable this type of thread is still going strong......How hard can it be to get a grip on customer service?
I had an issue with PTI a couple years ago, myself. I was buying their products like crazy... afterwards I ebayed 99% of my PTI products.....

Here is the "old" thread.

Forums at Splitcoaststampers product.
I clicked on the link and read a page or two of the posts, then went to the last page of the thread. It sounds EXACTLY like this one, and it's TWO YEARS OLD! They were saying back then, "I hope that PTI is paying attention to this thread" and "Hopefully they'll listen and make the appropriate changes". TWO YEARS LATER NOTHING HAS CHANGED (for the better, at least)!!! How long can you flog a dead horse? Sheesh!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2012, 12:35 PM   #360  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
I clicked on the link and read a page or two of the posts, then went to the last page of the thread. It sounds EXACTLY like this one, and it's TWO YEARS OLD! They were saying back then, "I hope that PTI is paying attention to this thread" and "Hopefully they'll listen and make the appropriate changes". TWO YEARS LATER NOTHING HAS CHANGED (for the better, at least)!!! How long can you flog a dead horse? Sheesh!
Exactly!!
Reply With Quote Likes