Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-21-2005, 02:27 PM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Funny Stamp Situation....

I was at my local stamp shop today getting the new metallic alcohol inks by Ranger. There was a DH in there shopping for his wife...poor guy!! He recognized all sorts of stuff but admitted he had *no clue* what any of it was used for. I *REALLY* had to laugh when he said he opened a drawer a few days ago and found some goodies in it that his wife had squirreled away! I was chuckling to myself about how *nice* he was being about it and how he was still shopping for *yet more* stamping goodies for his wife! Could we clone him??!!Honestly: At this point, I'm afraid I could die before my DH. If that happened, I'm sure he would find *ALL* of my secret little hiding places. Then he'd probably dig me up to pee on my corpse!! He just doesn't understand that while I haven't used something yet, I have it because I like it and *may* have a need for it in the future...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2005, 02:40 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No kiddin! I tried to keep my 'wishlist' simple for my husband this year, I asked for a new box of pencils (bigdeal), double sided tape (woohoo) and I thought I'd push it and ask for eyelets... I don't expect he'll go to the craft store to get the eyelets. I'll be sooooo surprised if he does.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2005, 07:58 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Default Ha!

The eyelets thing is *sooooo* funny because this guy at the store was holding up asking us "What on *earth* would she do with these?" The owner and I were saying "...you'd be surprised all the things she can do with those!!..." The guy was so sweet - he just wanted to get his wife stuff she could use.

To my thinking: if a DH isn't going to ask his wife *directly* what she wants, take her best crafting friend along on a shopping trip! In spite of the fact that a married couple lives together, her friend (who probably only sees her about 10 hours a month or less) will know more about her crafting needs (wants? desires? have-to-haves??) than a DH *ever* will!!

And that isn't a snark...honestly!!! I have *no* idea about my DHs gardening tool wish list or his toolbox wish list. Even though I *know* what most tools are and do, I don't watch him work. Unless he tells *me* directly exactly what he wants or has a need/use/desire for, there is no way I'll know. But I'd bet a brand new stamp set that when men get together, they probably talk power tools and projects! So I should take my own advice and take one of his guy friends with me when I shop for him.

My luck, DH probably wants one of those *huge* Craftman tool lockers that has to be bolted to the floor so that it neither tips over nor gets stolen... ~ K
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2005, 08:08 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

My DH used to work across the road from my favourite LSS. I used to send him on all types of missions! He now has no fear of the craft store, and all the ladies that work there now know him. I know I'm getting stuff from there this Christmas because when I picked him up last week at the nearby soccer shop I saw the bag! Now I'm curious as to whether he got help from the staff or ventured out on his own...

Les
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2005, 08:29 AM   #6  
Kookie Creator

My hubby wanted my Christmas list this year, and I gave him VERY specific details (including stock #'s) on 3 Marvy/Uchida Clever Lever punches that I want - ha!! We shall see how he does on Sunday - haaaaa!! He keeps singin..."I know something you don't know," so hopefully he had success!! Even if he didn't, he's been totally adorable with all his "secrets" about whatever he got me for Christmas!! That's been the MOST fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2005, 12:29 PM   #7  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom

Received 125 Likes on 111 Posts

What a sweet hubby to do that for his wife!

I was lucky enough to get to go with my DH on a couple of his trips to Salt Lake City, and I scoped out the stamping/scrapping stores in the area while he worked at his company's office there. DH has made a few trips there without me since then and made craft store runs to get me supplies that are hard to find and/or more pricey here. (It was quite funny the one time he couldn't find the Bazzill paper packs I wanted at one store, so he called me to get directions to another store.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2005, 12:49 PM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Default Ha!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by PH in VA
(It was quite funny the one time he couldn't find the Bazzill paper packs I wanted at one store, so he called me to get directions to another store.)
Now *that* is a very well-trained hubby!! Wanna come to my house to try to train mine? We can stamp while he bumbles around cluelessly....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2005, 12:52 PM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaylynConover
Then he'd probably dig me up to pee on my corpse!!
Eeeewwww!

(But I know what you mean about having a drawer of "someday I may need that" stuff.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2005, 02:19 PM   #10  
Crimping Master

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinStacy
My hubby wanted my Christmas list this year, and I gave him VERY specific details (including stock #'s)
I did that, too, and also included full-color pictures of each thing on my list. It'll be just my luck that I went to all that work after he begged me to make a list and then he doesn't buy anything on it. Meanwhile he made his list on a teeny post-it note, included VERY few details about the things on said list, and I managed to sleuth it out and get them. ho hum!

Go Seahawks!
Mom to Daniel (9) and Emily (6)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2005, 02:40 PM   #11  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink Husband verse Rubber stamps

Kaylyn,
Like your Dh, mine wouldn't have a clue on what I do with most of my stuff.
He is always asking me why, Do I need more of that stuff.

I always ask why does he need all that junk in the garage he calls tools and stuff to make things with.

He of course stands there with a dumb look on his face and then walks away.

Just as your Dh calls it Stamp crap! Mine calls my crappy stuff.

And he hasn't a clue on how much stuff I have. I many place that I hide my stamps and paper....And other Stamp related stuff.

I would like to be able to tell him to go to the stamp store and get me some paper or eyelets or tape....
but he has a clue on what I mean. I would have to have a picture of what I want.

But me I could go to the hardware store and pick out whatever he tell he wants no problem..I've done it.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2005, 02:42 PM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess & DSS Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm one of the lucky ones with a DH who is spoiling me rotten this year by giving me the 12 days of Christmas. Each day has been really well thought, except maybe day 5. Hehe. But I am getting some really nice supplies too. Check out my link in my signature for full details. But be prepared to be really, really jealous!

I guess all these months of chatting his ear off about stamping has paid off for me. And I thought he wasn't listening!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2005, 02:14 PM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinStacy
My hubby wanted my Christmas list this year, and I gave him VERY specific details (including stock #'s) on 3 Marvy/Uchida Clever Lever punches that I want - ha!! We shall see how he does on Sunday - haaaaa!! He keeps singin..."I know something you don't know," so hopefully he had success!! Even if he didn't, he's been totally adorable with all his "secrets" about whatever he got me for Christmas!! That's been the MOST fun!

I actually took pictures with my camera phone... don't know if I'll get anything that I asked for (I'm getting a new digital camera), but that's okay... I know he tried!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2005, 02:56 PM   #14  
Insane Embellisher

You know Christmas is just around the corner when you are outnumbered at the scrapbook store by men! The one ahead of me was getting a gift card for $250. What a lucky scrapper someone will be!
Reply With Quote Likes