Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-22-2004, 05:01 PM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gallery Idea--is this possible?

I love browsing through the gallery--it's my happy place!!! And as this site is growing the gallery is growing. I love having the new special galleries, especially the new sab gallery (fantastic idea!) what about a retired gallery? When I was going through today I noticed how many sets are retired and I just thought it might be helpful. What do you guys think and is this even feasible?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2004, 05:31 PM   #2  
SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do you mean a separate gallery for cards made with retired sets that would be shown daily? or one gallery that would contain all the cards ideas with retired sets (b/c that would be HUGE!)

As it is, each set (or most) has it's own gallery. Not sure what you mean by a retired gallery, though.

It would take a LOT of moving and shifting to switch all those into one place, but if you look at the "gallery" where all the sets are listed, most of them say retired if they are (thanks Jenn!)

Anyway-I am not sure if I answered you rquestion or not :?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2004, 05:53 PM   #3  
phleb189

How do I get to the slab gallery? sounds interesting, I am not sure how to navigate thru all of this site Any help would be great.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2004, 05:59 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

I know it would be tons of moving (so sorry to even suggest it jenn!) But I had thought of having a retired gallery, like the sab gallery that was listed on the main gallery page and when you enter it you can find listings of the individual sets that you can go to. Does that make more sense? I'm sure it won't work, but just an idea because if su retires over a hundred sets a year and adds as many it could clutter up the gallery. I love that we still have them to browse and add too but most of us spend time looking at the current stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2004, 06:27 PM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by phleb189
How do I get to the slab gallery? sounds interesting, I am not sure how to navigate thru all of this site Any help would be great.
That's SAB gallery (Sell-a-Bration). :o
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2004, 07:27 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by addicted2stamps
I know it would be tons of moving (so sorry to even suggest it jenn!) But I had thought of having a retired gallery, like the sab gallery that was listed on the main gallery page and when you enter it you can find listings of the individual sets that you can go to. Does that make more sense? I'm sure it won't work, but just an idea because if su retires over a hundred sets a year and adds as many it could clutter up the gallery. I love that we still have them to browse and add too but most of us spend time looking at the current stuff.
Can I just say EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK? We get several emails asking if we can add more retired galleries, looking for samples with certian sets, and asking for categories that are sometimes already listed. As it is, it is cumbersome to have so many to scroll through when you are uploading. I know, cause I have to fix all the ones that are not categorized when I approve the scans.

Anyway. . . . The SAB gallery is a temporary thing. I'll move all of those into their respective alpha listing when SAB is all done. We're going to do the same mini-galleyr for all future mini-catalogs, too. It seems to cut down on the questions of "where is __ set in the gallery?" or "what is that new set with the sweater in the mini catalog" when they are already all together.

I think that we'll just keep it alphabetical for now, but will definitely keep your suggestion in mind for when/if we restructure the gallery.

Thanks, and sorry so disjointed. Just got home from the movies with my bestest friend, and I'm exhausted!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2004, 08:35 PM   #7  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I agree Jenn,

Sometimes I look through the gallery for specific retired sets. I would hate to see one big huge retired gallery... it would be impossible to find a specific retired set.

Even though we can't demo them anymore, that doesn't mean they are no longer being used. I'm a demo ... and there are some retired sets that I use for personal use all the time! For example, I was on here today looking for ideas for my BIL and FIL's birthday cards that I have to make tomorrow.

Just my 2 cents...

Good night!
Michelle Laycock ~ #499 ~
Laycock Designs
Product Designer for Our Daily Bread designs , North Coast Creations and Partner Companies
"They're only crayons. You didn't fear them in kindergarten, why fear them now?" ~ Hugh MacLeod
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2004, 09:13 PM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

I like the gallery the way it is...very organized and each set in its place. (Now if only I could tear myself away from SCS long enough to get my home/life like that! :shock: )
Reply With Quote Likes