Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-28-2006, 03:04 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting Discouraged to Post

Just needed somewhere to share my frustration. It seems like the last few times I've taken the time to post and share cards...not many get viewed or commented on. I want to share and give back because I get SOOOOO many terrific ideas from the gallery. When I create what I feel is a great card and want to share...I've been getting discouraged at the minimal responses and have started posting less and less. Thanks for listening and being such a wonderful group of women to create with.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2006, 03:09 PM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

Don't give up on it!! I am new too and just starting uploading photos last week and haven't been getting very many posts either. I get more if I do the challenges and post a link to my card for that challenge.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2006, 03:16 PM   #3  
Forum Fanatic

Don't get discouraged. The gallery is HUGE. It is impossible for everyone to view, or comment on every card. But if you upload your cards, with good keywords, and in the right category, when someone needs an idea- it will be there.

If everyone got discouraged we would have nowhere to go for ideas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2006, 03:17 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Well, I just looked at your gallery, and you have some really great stuff! I'm sorry that you haven't gotten the response that you hoped for. I for one, am rarely on here anymore, and I rarely surf the gallery. There are just so many cards posted that many get lost in the shuffle. But you really have some great quality work in your gallery and you should feel very proud!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2006, 03:18 PM   #5  
Forum Fanatic

BTW- I just went and looked at your gallery. THere is some great stuff in there- and, I only saw one card, and a picture of an album, that didn't have any comments. (And I couldn't get an image to load on the card without comments).

I'd say your doing pretty well. Most of your cards had more than 1 comment.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2006, 03:21 PM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for posting! I just went to your gallery to see what you've made, and your things are just beautiful, and very much my style! I'll be checking them out more closely as soon as possible.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2006, 03:30 PM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

With as many uploads as the gallery gets, it's a wonder half of them get looked at. But if it makes you feel any better, I've received comments on my cards many, many months after uploading them. So don't lose hope. Often it's just a matter of patience.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2006, 03:34 PM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

I usually look at posts that are created with the same stamp sets I own. I am pretty new to this site and still learning to navigate my way. I love the fact that you, and others, post pics. I love to create things - but have never posted anything. I will check out your gallery! Please keep posting...I may need to borrow ideas from you!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2006, 03:40 PM   #9  
Forum Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I've noticed that it seems to help if you add a link to your gallery in your signature line. I try to leave comments on cards that have little or no comments. When I do, sometimes that person in turn comments in mine. I also try to post in galleries that don't have hundreds of cards. It got a couple of my cards over thousand visits, but even with that, there were only 20-30 comments. That's about 3%. Not that I'm complaining. lol I am thrilled that people actually thought mine interesting enough to even just click on the thumbnail.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2006, 03:44 PM   #10  
Dyu
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh honey, don't give up! There are plenty of reasons why your cards may have not gotten the comments they deserve.With as many people we have here now sometimes the gallery is slow & people may get discouraged to post a comment. We all have cards in our gallery that we thought for sure would WOW everyone & get tons of comments, but didn't. I think alot of it also depends on what day you upload & what time of day. Some people that have alot of comments belong to a community, like the challenges, or fun & games, and they let others know of a new upload. I am very guilty of not going into the gallery any more unless I am looking for something in particular. Please continue to build up your gallery!! It's your canvas so enjoy it!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2006, 03:44 PM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

I LOVE your craft room... I have got to get my act together and set something up like you have. I just scoped out your profile and saw the pic. I have the room in my home - all four kids are out - so lots of empty rooms.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2006, 03:49 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Don't be discouraged. I just checked out your gallery and your stuff is great...I think I may have commented on a few already. I have the same problems sometimes I think a card looks great and I only get a a few comments. Keep posting though your stuff is great.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2006, 03:53 PM   #13  
Insane Embellisher

I just went into your gallery and your cards are absolutely beautiful!! I actually had 3 of your cards in my favorites. Sometimes at night I look through the gallery and save some to my favorites and post comments here and there. It seems so slow, so I don't comment on everything I see. Please don't be discouraged, you have an amazing talent for making cards!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2006, 03:56 PM   #14  
Crimping Master

Don't stop posting, your cards are very pretty and I really like your style. There are so many cards going up everyday, it's not hard to believe they aren't all getting attention. Just keep posting, your inspiring us!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2006, 04:05 PM   #15  
Gabfest Goddess

Joan B started a great thread about this the other day . . . I found it encouraging . . . I'll provide the link and then I am going to check out your gallery.

Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Megan arrived 3/16/09
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2006, 04:34 PM   #16  
Kookie Creator

Thank you ladies for your uplifting words, encouragement and kindness. I'm hearing I'm not alone and will do what I can to continue posting/commenting/visiting other's sites. I appreciate everyone's feedback and look forward to gaining a new perspective on sharing. Heartfelt thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2006, 04:38 PM   #17  
Compulsive Stamper

Hang in there. I am one who is guilty of not commenting -- I go cruisin' and don't take time to comment cuz it feels like most of it has been said already! Everyone is so talented and I enjoy the diversity.

Also, I don't have a lot of time as I am a single mom who works full time and is in school full time. I want to put down worthy comments not something like "ditto" or "I like it too."

Keep posting your pix! I don't have a scanner so I can't post. But my Favorites from this site is HUGE!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2006, 04:43 PM   #18  
Stampin' Fool

Dont give up! Just keep posting and be proud of your work. I know a number of my cards have had comments long after they were posted. I think many of us feel the same as you at times but you just have to keep going. I'm going to visit your gallery next!!!

Q

Don't get your knickers in a knot. Nothing is solved and it just makes you walk funny. ~Kathryn Carpenter
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2006, 04:50 PM   #19  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

I will just reiterate what has already been said....just keep at it.
I try to comment, especially if I have clicked on a card, but I can only neglect my kids for so long in the gallery!!!
I no longer "hope" for comments, I know that there is just so much for all to see.

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2006, 05:26 PM   #20  
Forum Fanatic

Your gallery is full of beautiful projects -- thank you for sharing them with us!!! I'd just like to suggest your expectations might be a little high. I noticed several of your cards have thousands of views, and most of them have around a few hundred at least. For me those are hallmarks of great popularity of your projects! A lot of us have much different, um, popularity statistics for lack of a better term, in our galleries. Please keep uploading your great cards, and be the kind of gallery viewer you wish would visit your gallery. JMHO!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2006, 05:50 PM   #21  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by shekinah
Just needed somewhere to share my frustration. It seems like the last few times I've taken the time to post and share cards...not many get viewed or commented on. I want to share and give back because I get SOOOOO many terrific ideas from the gallery. When I create what I feel is a great card and want to share...I've been getting discouraged at the minimal responses and have started posting less and less. Thanks for listening and being such a wonderful group of women to create with.

This is something that happens to all of us from time to time.

I know that there are some threads floating around like post your favorite card here.

Or try listing your gallery link in your signature.

I'll be back to post later to post more information...Dh wants the use of the computer and I have to make supper for the both of us!

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2006, 06:24 PM   #22  
Insane Embellisher

your kidding right? I viewed your gallery and you have beautiful stuff and by the looks of the views that you have gotten others feel the same way. You have to have the mind set that a view is the same or some what the same thing as a comment. If someone took the time to view it, click on it, and re-view it consider it a compliment. I'm shocked that you would even think that people are ignoring you or your cards. I could see if you had a ton of cards in there and no one viewed them or commented on them, but the number of views speaks for itself. It's funny because I view my gallery everyday just to see how many more people viewed one of my cards, and believe me, my gallery is small and not that flattering.. I consider a comment just a bonus!! keep up the good work and don't look at the negative side of this (if there even is one) your very taleneted and have a very craft side. Keep up the great work and keep posting!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2006, 06:51 PM   #23  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by shekinah
Your cards are gorgeous!!! Most days I'm running around like a trying to fit everything in in the day! I just run out of time. Me-And, I just think that our gallery is so big that people use it for reference and forget sometimes to post a little thank you for the inspiration. I know I get lazy but I gotta' tell you, your stuff is da bomb!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2006, 07:04 PM   #24  
Watercolor Wizard

Another way to get feedback is to join a yahoo group like [email protected] (if that's not it, pm me). I am so surprised at how many comments I get back,...it's great. And, you can share more than just TAC, so it's great.

Also, do the challenges and post links in the challenge thread. Then your sure to get more comments
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2006, 07:32 PM   #25  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi there! Just had to let you know that I think your work is terriffic too! In fact...the little recipie card binder that you did was added to my favorites and I cased it as a gift for my sister and she loved it! Thanks for the inspiration!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2006, 08:09 PM   #26  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Most of the designs that I have had published, had less than 300 views. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2006, 08:28 PM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

oh gosh don't get discourage. with the amount of cards that get posted each day its easy to miss a great one. Check out a couple good threads and start posting to them. like the favorites of the week. and make it a point to post at least 3 comments to other galleries and soon you will see other people willbe looking at yours and posting too.

remember too some people look just don't post because of their servers it takes a long time so it easier to just look.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2006, 08:43 PM   #28  
Gallery Gazer

Girlfriend, you just have to get used to it! I have 88 cards in my gallery, and I think 25 or so of them are no comments. While I don't feel great about that, I try to remind myself of why I stamp. Do I stamp solely for kudos on SCS? Absolutely not. I would do the same amount of stamping and be just as happy about it if I never had a gallery!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2006, 08:46 PM   #29  
Crimping Master

I know it can be discouraging, but don't base the worth of your talent based on whether you get many comments or not. If I did that, I would surely quit myself! You are right that there doesn't seem to be nearly as many comments anymore unless your card is specifically linked in a thread somewhere. There is just so much more traffic than there used to be. There are many reasons for not getting comments and most of them have nothing to do with how "good" your card was. Although the validation is really nice, I have finally realized that the only two opinions that really count are a) mine and b) the recipient. My goal is to lift that other person. If I have done that ... its the best card in the world that day!

"Creativity is a continual surprise" (Ray Bradbury)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2006, 09:08 PM   #30  
Forum Fanatic

I noticed for the first time today the "Gallery Statistics" at the bottom of the gallery home page. There are about 300 000 photos and almost two million comments! :shock:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2006, 09:19 PM   #31  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Right on!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsBee
........I have finally realized that the only two opinions that really count are a) mine and b) the recipient. My goal is to lift that other person. If I have done that ... its the best card in the world that day!
Very well said! I really need to remember to make the card for the recipient, not for gallery viewing. Then any comments are just a little bonus.
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2006, 01:20 AM   #32  
Glitter Guru

i know i'm just saying what many have said before me, but i just like to encourage people to remember why they are stamping. for me, it's the creative process. i get so much joy from it that recognition from others is just a bonus.
also, there is just not enough time in a day to comment as much as i would like. i'd love to be able to stop and comment on each card. i especially love to encourage new stampers. we were all there at one time. but for example, i just spent about three hours online just checking out and commenting on today's uploads. just TODAY"S! and i didn't really make a dent. i can't do this all the time. i need to sleep once in a while. lol!
one thing i've noticed. there are a lot of very basic, very similar cards uploaded every day. many of them are very well done and worthy of praise. but because of the amount of uploads and the time restraints i've just mentioned, i usually reserve my comments for those cards that are a little unique or exceptionally well done. i do try though, to notice cards that are really nice but overlooked and make a point to comment. it basically boils down to: so many cards...so little time!!
hang in there and keep creating because you love it.

For You have delivered my soul from death, My eyes from tears, And my feet from falling. Psalm 116:8

my blog http://wwwfeedingmysoul.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2006, 03:39 AM   #33  
Stampin' Fool

Remember that some are still on slow dial up...takes forever just to view, let alone view and comment...I am trying to be better at leaving comments but could spend all day just doing viewing and comments...i don't have the time to post much either and don't expect much in the way of comments...it is easy to trap yourself in that situation...try and remember why you started stamping in the first place and treasure every comment that comes along.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2006, 10:54 AM   #34  
Stazon Splitcoast

bumping because its a good reminder
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2006, 12:05 PM   #35  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
March 2014 Swapper of the Month

Received 1,045 Likes on 789 Posts

I just went to the OP gallery, and I have cased 5 cards from her--they are in my set samplers! I have been trying to leave a comment--even if it's only a cute! or great job! on the cards that I click on. If the card caught my eye enough to see a larger view-then I comment on it. It really does only take a second. I find myself checking out the gallery each morning while I have my diet coke. I go to gallery, then click the 1 day additions. I figure if I do this on a regular basis, I will see just about everything!

Terry
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2006, 12:13 PM   #36  
Crimping Master

Your cards are terrific........keep posting and it'll happen.........

lori
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2006, 12:17 PM   #37  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsBee
. . . the only two opinions that really count are a) mine and b) the recipient. My goal is to lift that other person. If I have done that ... its the best card in the world that day!
I wholeheartedly 2nd that emotion!

Straight on, Mrs. Bee!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2006, 12:18 PM   #38  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelster
I usually look at posts that are created with the same stamp sets I own. I am pretty new to this site and still learning to navigate my way. I love the fact that you, and others, post pics. I love to create things - but have never posted anything. I will check out your gallery! Please keep posting...I may need to borrow ideas from you!!!
This is exactly what I do too. As soon as I get a stamp set that I like, I check out the gallery. And I try to look at as many daily postings as I can. But just look at the number of hits most of your cards received! Very high numbers! A lot of people like myself may only have a few minutes a day to check out recent postings, place them in favorites, and just can't comment on everyone. I am so guilty in that regard. Your gallery is awesome!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2006, 09:04 AM   #39  
Stazon Splitcoast

there is hidden talent around under each avatar so don't get discouraged if you don't get a lot of comments there are TONS of people here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2006, 09:55 AM   #40  
Gabfest Goddess

There are two main reasons that we upload cards here on SCS.

#1- To share with each other

#2 - To get praise

I think we should focus on the #1 reason and we will feel good about sharing our talents with each other.

I know that I also wiz through the gallery and add a bunch to my favorites. I don't comment on that many but I look at hundreds. Personally, I don't have time to comment on EVERY card but that does not mean that I do not like it.

I wouldn't worry, from the looks of your gallery you are a very popular artist. I'd be more concerned with the gals that get no comments ever. We all our talented here and we shouldn't feel the need for our cards to get more attention than others. I should know, my gallery's not too popular but I really don't care. It doesn't make me any less of a great stamper!!

Robyn

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes