Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-07-2005, 05:47 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gone and done it!

I've sent in my paperwork to become a demo!
And now, even though I'm so excited I've been stamping up a storm, I'm also scared to death that I won't be able to make it. I find I'm worrying about everything from placing an order, to organizing a workshop, where I'm going to find customers, and even how this will effect my taxes next year! I haven't had a decent night's sleep since I sent in my paperwork.

My upline is wonderful, I've called her about 20 times this week, and she says I'm getting myself worked up over little things and that this won't be as hard as I'm making it out to be.

I know I'm more of a "lurker" than a "poster" but could any of you ladies tell me if you went through this stuff too? Or am I being a controlling "worry wart"? :oops:

Love SU!? Join the Crew!
The CreativeCrew <The Gallery
CreativeCrew Play Along <The Challenges
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2005, 06:02 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

Oh my goodness, I totally feel your pain. I just got my demo number Tuesday and I am totally wigging out!! Excited but scared!! Now I just saw the UPS tracking that my starter set won't get here until the 12th-that is 5 whole long days away-painful!!!!

I think we are feeling normal, it is a big undertaking, any change, no matter if it is good like this, is stressful!! :shock:

Good luck to you and anytime you need to freak out, I'm here for my fellow stamper!

Mel

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/about/raffle.php
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2005, 07:11 PM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

same here. my upline said pretty much the same thing. the tax thing wigs me out so I try not to think about it at all but the other stuff like sampler sets, customer base, first workshop, how to place orders, and etc... are all on my mind.
BTW thank you so much for mentioning about UPS tracking. I just went and checked and my kit is set to be here in 5 days too! Woo hooo!!!!!!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2005, 07:12 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Calm down ladies - you don't have to do everything this week - LOL! I would highly recommend sitting down with the demo packet and reading everything. They also include some wonderful videos in the packet that I would definately watch. Also, make sure you request that you be put into the Demo portion of this site. There are several areas that will be very helpful. There is also a new demo area on the SU demo site - use it. Don't worry, your upline has been there before. She is a wealth of information, so take advantage of it. You guys will do great! Kendra
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2005, 07:54 PM   #5  
Kookie Creator

Patty -

As I was reading your post it reminded me of the first month or so after I signed up to be a demo. I would be up all night worrying about workshops, how I would get customers, taxes, everything you mentioned. I have been a demo now for 2 1/2 years and I think that feeling eventually goes away. I think it's something like buyer's remorse. It gets better over time. I really enjoy being a demo and I hope that you will too.

Good luck!

Lisa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2005, 08:00 PM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Melissa and Mel,

When did you mail your order in????I mailed mine in on Tuesay the 4th. (I will be calling on Monday to find out my demo number.) Just tryign to get an idea of when to expect my kit.

As for the taxes, I would not be too worried. I sold Tupperware for about a year (they raised thier prizes 4 times in a year several items went from 6.50 to 10.50 in a year, I said forget it). There are somethings you will need to keep track of miles to and from any workshops you do (they can be claimed as a business expense), office supplies (file folders, pens, envelopes, postage), workshop supplies (paper, tape, eyelets, stamps, etc that are used at workshops-this can be tricky as if you use them for your own hobby, you cannot write off full price on business, yet sample orders can be.) There will probably be some information about this in the kit.

As for finding clients, I started slow with Tupperware my family, and friends, church members, co-workers, then people would book demos from thiers. My upline hosts a workshop in her home twice a month, there we make 16 cards she charges $15 per person but it is free with a $25 order.

Best of luck to you.
Another excited new demo.
Katie
Reply With Quote Likes