Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-12-2006, 06:21 PM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone used See D's clear stamps?

My sister sent me an Amazon.com gift certificate for my birthday and I think I'm finally ready to spend it... but I've never heard of these stamps. They are clear stamps and the price is great. I checked out the company's website and it all looks good, but I'm wary-- I mean, it's not every day I have $30 in free money to spend! Does anyone out there have experience with this brand? The seller, by the way, is JoAnn Fabric.

Thanks for your input.

Mary
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2006, 07:58 PM   #2  
Compulsive Stamper

I bought the Mexican Fiesta and Tags sets when the See D's first came out and I've hardly used them. First of all I found I'm not as fond of the peel and stick mounting as I thought I would be and the labels on the stamps that I have aren't lined up exactly with the actual stamp so if you want precise positioning you still need to use the stamp-a-ma-jig. If only they had made the stamps clear ...then they would have a much better product. I bought my first ones online and assumed incorrectly that the stamps were clear because they were called See-D's and said they were clearly the way to stamp. However, the mounting blocks which you buy separately are clear, but the actual stamps are solid colored rubber with a printed sticker on the back that shows through the clear block. The other thing I find annoying is the case, if it was hinged like a cd case I think I would like it better. I have noticed that they have come out with a ton of new sets and maybe they have improved since I got mine. They don't take up a lot of storage space so that's a plus! Hope this was helpful, if you have other questions about these let me know and I'll try and answer them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2006, 08:15 PM   #3  
Embossing Fanatic

WOW-- thanks for your thorough answer! I almost made the same mistake you did and asumed they were clear stamps, but the description does say that they are "very thin rubber" that you mount on clear blocks. Seems like a pretty important difference! I don't have any unmounted stamps yet and have been curious to try them, but it sounds like this may not be the best introduction to them!

Thanks again for your response-- back to Amazon to shop some more!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2006, 08:33 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Is there a Joanne's store near where you live? Might be better to go in andm "handle" the merchandise.
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2006, 08:43 PM   #5  
Kookie Creator

Location: It's a secret but in my mind I'm on island time....

I did buy some of their Alphabet sets on Addicted To Rubber Stamps when they were on sale. It's hard to pass up $6. and some change for a whole alphabet. (I like to spend my SU ! budget on images for the most part) but anyway I've really enjoyed mine and love that they take up so little space right on my stamp table. I do wish they had a hinge or better closure too.

my gallery...whee!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2006, 08:46 PM   #6  
Embossing Fanatic

Good idea, Garnet! There is a Joanne's near here but it provides an extremely unpleasant shopping experience-- the store is a mess and the help is often cranky. I probably would be, too, if I worked in that kind of clutter. They don't usually have much stamping stuff in stock, but it might be worth stopping there to see. I was surprised at how much more stamping stuff Joanne's has on line-- I'm not a very experienced on line shopper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2006, 09:00 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Has anyone seen the new "morsels" line of their stamps, they show them used like Rubber Stamp Tapestry peg stamps, wonder where to buy them? Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2006, 05:54 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We sold these at the LSS I used to work at and I was not too happy with them, they are not clear and they don't stick very well, the price is good but I wouldn't buy them myself.

check out my blog at: www.PisforPaper.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2006, 09:55 PM   #9  
Gallery Gazer

I have four of the sets of which two are the new morsels. They stick just fine for me but I have to agree with the picture being offset from the image. That doesn't bother me too much. I'm used to using wood block and you can't see at all for them so...... I'm happy with what I have.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2006, 09:58 PM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month November 2012

Received 205 Likes on 158 Posts

I love the morsels...I have the tropical collection & love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2006, 12:23 PM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought 2 sets of the alphabets about a year ago and I really don't like them and never use them anymore. They were just too much of a hassle. The sticky stuff that is on the back is no good. Some of the stamps hardly have any sticky on them. And, the image positioning is different from what is printed on the back of the stamp and that is very irritating. I won't buy any more of these, but that is just my experience. It sounds like others have them and like them. Maybe they've improved their system in the last year.
Reply With Quote Likes