Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-01-2005, 06:19 AM   #41  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by emilymomto3boys
Ugh, I have those too. They suck.

I got this from my upline, but I use cheap ziploc containers. I put all the dd glitter in there with a little spoon. Then I just do all glitter over the container. Easy and not dumping or pouring involved! Works for ep too! I would only do colors that you use a lot though. I use quite a bit of glitter (love those fairies) so it's nice for me!
Hey now...those trays are awesome for the shaving cream technique!

I would have to say I hate that I bought so many stickers. I went to hobby lobby one day and went nuts with Sesame Street stickers! Now I have one of those binders full of stickers....stamps are way better!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2005, 06:20 AM   #42  
Insane Embellisher

Well, everyone gave me a good laugh this morning! My stash that I never use consists of 81/2 x 11 printed paper that I bought from QVC 3 years ago, a whole lot of letter stencils that are small and too hard to cut out nice, but.....
I love my sizzix, I don't use it a lot, but I can "justify" the cost in my head, and I saw twinkling h2o's last month at a stamp expo and passed them up. Now I can't sleep I want them soooooooo bad, and I am on a mission to find them. I know they're online, but I want them NOW.

Can you imagine a garage sale with all of us getting rid of our unwanted items? It would be miles long.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2005, 06:26 AM   #43  
Inking Addict

How depressing this thread has made me feel. I've a list of "must haves" that I've never used or use so rarely that it wasn't worth the money. I blame it on the 40% & 50% off coupons.

Here are just a few of my dust collectors:

Fiskars shapeboss light box and many stencils to go with it.
Stamping Navagator. Thought it would be perfect as a demo. Never used it.
Die-cuts galore.
Decorative edge scissors.
Blade runner.

The list could go on and on...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2005, 06:32 AM   #44  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Hits Home big time! :)

Prismacolor and Gamsol -- me too! Watercolor Crayons are DA BOMB

Several scrapbooking kits from QVC ... peer pressure during crops was tremendous.

ClubScrap scrapbooking / stamping kits ... I loved them for so long, but didn't quit my membership until after about 12 months of just collecting.

Sizzix large dies of alphabets. Sizzlets and Quickutz are so much easier to cart around.

Coluzzle templates

Dry embossing templates

Cardboard templates for InkWorks-type Air Tool

See-through stamp sets from ProvoCraft

all this just listed from memory, since I'm at work right now, earning money to pay for these impulse buys.

�When you reach for the stars you may not quite get one, but you won�t come up with a handful of mud either.� � Leo Burnett, advertising executive (1891-1971)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2005, 06:43 AM   #45  
First To Quack

Interesting thread! I love my Friskars rotary cutter! Haven't tried the Carl's one tho~ The one thing I am surprised no one mentioned is the SewCrafty sewing machine; major yuck! I also have a drawer full of my cheap bargins from the early days. What a waste. I love dry embossing, love the light table & the brass templates! Pm me if you're selling templates!

Cards from the Cabana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2005, 07:36 AM   #46  
Stampin' Fool

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Dody, I forgot about the SewCrafty machine. I have one of those little pieces of junk! I have so many things that I've bought that I will never use. Most of you have mentioned many of them. I've just decided to stay away from all craft stores! And all craft aisles in stores. The last really stupid thing I bought was some heat tool that has different tips for burning...what? I really have no idea what I was thinking when I bought that thing! I think I must have still been on pain meds from surgery and a little depressed. I just have to stay away from all places "crafty"!

I also have every color of glitter that SU! ever sold and some from some stamping store in Florida before SU! started selling all the colors. (Which they no longer sell!) I have drawers full of embossing powders, decorative scissors, Radiant Pearls, colored wire (with all the tools), Sculpey (with all the tools), acrylic paints, fabric paints, glass pebbles...well, you get the idea! But, I must say, it IS organized.

In the past few weeks I bought the neatest spiral coil binding system and ten of those Dzyntech stamp pad organizers...but those I'll use!!!! (Don't anybody say a thing about this post a year from now when another thread is started about things we've bought and wish we hadn't!)

I think I may need an addiction program of some kind! :rolleyes:

So very blessed and so very thankful.
God is good.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2005, 10:11 AM   #47  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Regretful Things

hmmmm there are a few things that I regret but not too many really. I often debate for a long time before I actually purchase anything. I think my list will go something like this:

12 bazillion patterned scissors (there are only a couple I actually like)
blade runner (ugh worst stool ever absolutely useless)
flocking (have way more than I will ever use and I don't so yeah....)
glitter/emboss trays (I'm going to try them again but they are hard to clean and coffee filters are a lot easier)

Yup, that's all that I can think of and I have tons of stuff. I actually love my glitter but I have lots of colors and probably won't ever buy more. Have any of you ever used the glitter glue pen it's amazing. You can write words with it and it comes out so cool. I also love glaze pens I've been using them to make water or glass look super cool and the other colors are fun for dimension as well. As for twinkling H20's I love those as well but I'm a big fan of anything mica. I have all the pearl ex, some of powdered pearls, and moondust. hehe yeah I don't really need any more of that but I still like it so I'm not going to worry.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2005, 10:20 AM   #48  
Pearl-ExPert

OK, y'all have reminded me of a few BAD purchases...

Patterned scissors & small decorative hole punches - I gave all these to my DD, so I no longer count them as bad. She has a blast with them...

Blade Runner - just ended up throwing this out one day. It was so bad I couldn't stand having it in the house taunting me "you paid good hard-earned money for me. Nah nah nah nah nah nah."

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2005, 10:22 AM   #49  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ally
My Xyron 510 has never been out of the box, I use the X-shaped one.
My husband got me the 510 for this last Mother's Day. I used it once to try it out. Went and bought the little one (what is it an inch, an inch and a half?). Use that all the time. Feel really bad about not using the 510.

I'm fairly new to stamping (just this last February). So I pretty much use what I have (brads, eyelets, blender pen, chalks) - except ribbon. I'm not good at working out where or how to put it on a card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2005, 12:34 PM   #50  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPLN4
My husband got me the 510 for this last Mother's Day. I used it once to try it out. Went and bought the little one (what is it an inch, an inch and a half?). Use that all the time. Feel really bad about not using the 510.

I'm fairly new to stamping (just this last February). So I pretty much use what I have (brads, eyelets, blender pen, chalks) - except ribbon. I'm not good at working out where or how to put it on a card.
Try and persevere with the ribbon, it really does finish off a card. You can either wrap it around the inside and the outside of the card, or you can punch two little holes and bring the ribbon through the holes. It looks good with buckles too. My ribbon is my one non-waste of money (terrible English I know).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2005, 02:32 PM   #51  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

I regret buying the crimper, mine doesn't work very well and I just don't like the "crimped" look anymore. I also regret all the bad cardstock, though I've only known about SU a little more than 2 years, so I didn't know what I was missing. I just wish I hadn't bought so much of it! I have a lot of decorative edged scissors I don't use anymore, but I did use them a lot after I bought them, so that wasn't a total waste. There are also some spools of ribbon I don't think I'll use, but that wasn't a very big financial investment.

Julie

P.S. I thought of something else. Before I learned about SU, you would not believe how many sheets of alphabet stickers I bought! That was a bad idea if I ever saw one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2005, 03:52 PM   #52  
Stazon Splitcoast

I've seen a few people say their Fiskars Rotary Cutter! I LOVE my rotary cutter! I bought as a set with a self healing mat and a hard plastic ruler/guide. I used a 50% off coupon on Joann's and got it for like $25.00. I use that mat and guide more then any other tool I own, and I use the cutter a whole lot, also!

Now my Fiskars Shape Cutter, well that thing is just a piece of dog poo!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2005, 03:55 PM   #53  
Stazon Splitcoast

OH yeah I forgot to mention, I hate my Xyron, too. Yes, HATE. It sits in a box in the top of my closet so it doesn't have to suffer my contempt and scorn.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2005, 05:22 PM   #54  
Crimping Master

I feel so much better having just read through this entire thread!!!

Here are a few items I HAD TO HAVE but have never, not once, taken out of the box:

SewCrafty little sewing machine

10 X 12 Light Box

Xyron 900

6 Boxes of MM Scrapbook Color Kit's - Paint to use with their foam stamps (6 colors in each box).

6 Boxes of MM Foam Alphabet Stamps

Ribbon that has never been touched - Hundreds of them!

Brads, Eyelets, Snaps - Gazillions of them!
Blade Runner

PC Chizzel It

PC Silent Setter

Brass Templates (to go with the Light Box mentioned above)!

Glass Jars to make things with - Probably 25 different ones

So many $1 items from Target Dollar Spot that I have good intentions for.

Designer CD's

Wheels that have never been touched and ink cartridges to go with those wheels!

I own over 300 SU Stamp Sets...now honestly, I can say I have maybe used 30 of them...maybe!

Scrapbook Kits

Card Making Kits

Templates

Books and Magazines

"The Slab" - I probably own 5 different ones and can't think of one time I used that paper!

Yes, I did buy the Rubicoil but haven't made one binder yet!

Every Ink Pad from CTMH (64 of them) - almost never touch.

Every Marker from CTMH - almost never touch

Spectrum Pads

StazOn Pads and Markers

Sharpie Markers (how colors do they make now, I have them).

Glitter Stacks, Embossing Powders, Beads, Buttons, Fibers, Embellishment of every sort.....yes, even those blasted Stickers.........yucky la la.

Arggggggggggggggggg......I cannot even think of the $$$$$$$ I have spent....honestly, I would freak out at the bottom line if I knew it! I keep thinking I can give some of this stuff to my daughter to expand her artsy side, but then I remember that she is only 4.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2005, 05:50 PM   #55  
Glitter Guru

Oh boy, can I relate to this thread! I used to make folk dolls and ornaments for craft boutiques so I was used to buying things in large quantities. I still have a hard time breaking that habit. When I see something I like at the dollar spot I pick up 10 of them. That's the quantity I would buy things in my doll making days. What do I need 10 for now? Oh yeah, the stamp camp I'm gonna do some day. Right.

I too have bought the SewCrafty machine. What a piece of junk! I much prefer my regular sewing machine. I have cupboards full of supplies I bought for this or that reason. I have tried to weed through it and sell some of it at garage sales but I still have a LOT! I guess I'm in good company.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2005, 07:49 PM   #56  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by wannabe
Can you imagine a garage sale with all of us getting rid of our unwanted items? It would be miles long.
...and we'd all be running around buying each others stuff! I've laughed so much at all your responses. Mostly because I keep being reminded of more stashes of stuff throughout my house. Like the the five drawer tall rolly storage of buttons (sorted by color/theme, of course), nine boxes of ribbon (also sorted by color), bags of yarns (read fibers)--not sorted yet, and I do use them, but if I were honest with myself, I'd have to ask how many do I really need; yeah, I've got all those decorative edge scissors too, and the punch shapes; embossing powders out the wazzoo, and I keep getting them even though I really only use the SU ones now, why, why, why? All those stamp pads I got before SU (probably dried out now); all that stuff to stamp on (I've yet to hold a stamp camp to justify the bulk purchases). Of course, cheap cardstock, and scrapbooking paper (even though I've only used one sheet of patterned paper in an album). Fabric paint (I was able to unload that on my daughter's Girl Scout troop, and then turned around and got some more--in case they ran out!!!) Scrap packs of paper. Fabric, but that just opens up a whole other can of worms...

Katie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2005, 03:03 AM   #57  
Gabfest Goddess

I would have to list my Sew Crafty . . . how can something so cute be such a waste?

I have a 510 Xyron, and I have used it to make a few projects, but that needs some dusting off.

I have to say that in the last year I have done a much better job with getting things that I think and research a lot better . . . although I did impulse buy Farm Fever, I have a few sickies in the family that can use a card, I hope the set endures for the long haul!
Megan arrived 3/16/09
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2005, 03:33 AM   #58  
Embossing Fanatic

I definitely can relate to the excess of craft supplies- considering that I dabble in other things as well (like quilting, crocheting, knitting...) Space is an issue at our house and I keep buying more bins to organize all the yarn, paper (too pretty to use or I buy it because I'll "need" it for something), craft idea books (that I never look at because I can't get to the bin easily), and the list goes on.

I bought Twinkling H20's, Prismacolor pencils, Hero Arts Ribbon stamps, and the list goes on. Have I used them? I need to stop buying!

I did find a Yahoo group in my community and have donated yarn to a lady who knits/crochets for a preemie organization. If you don't want to have a garage sale but are tired of the items on hand and want to get rid of them, check out some of the Yahoo groups where you list what you want to get rid of (or what you are looking for) and no money changes hands. I've used "freecycle" and "curbcycle". Also, I've placed a number of my good craft books for sale on line at Half.com, just to get a few dollars.

This thread is very close to home - craft stores are difficult for me. I just think about the wardrobe (or other things I want) I could have if I added up the money I spend on all these little things which don't have a purpose when I buy them but the deal is hard to pass up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2005, 04:03 AM   #59  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most of my "regrets" have already been mentioned.....decorative scissors, powder tray, Plaid Maker, Crystal Laquer ($30.00 worth!), three stacks of colored EP, etc.! I do have a few stamp sets that I never use, but those are the ones my daughter had to have (and she doesn't stamp anymore!)!
I have the Shape Boss, and I use it occassionally, but not as much as I thought I would. I've used my wheel guide only once...don't know why I bought it!
I've bought a lot of things just to "have on hand" (tiles, journals, ceramic paints), but don't know when I'll ever use them. They'll be there when I want them, I guess! LOL!
Among the things I bought that I use all the time are my two Xyrons (510 and X), my Prismacolor Pencils, and my CM Circle and Oval Cutting Systems.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2005, 08:16 AM   #60  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbheath
I did find a Yahoo group in my community and have donated yarn to a lady who knits/crochets for a preemie organization.
Just had to say that my son received a beautiful knitted blanket and booties on one of his first days in the NICU! Maybe your yarn was used to make his blanket! I know... not likely, but it's a nice thought!

Back to the topic at hand...
I had tons of stickers as well - finally passed them on to a very happy friend and got rid of my guilt over it!

I have several large Marvy punches that were packaged in that plastic packaging that you have to cut apart, and therefore ruin, to get open... I literally have to use my foot to step down on them to punch, but I can't return them because of the packaging! Yuck!

Target $1 stuff... that place just sucks me in and begs me to spend money.

I have made it my mantra lately to say to myself... "I want to be stamper, not a collector" whenever I see myself about to make impulse purchases. That helps. It also helps that I have only allotted myself a certain amount of space to store everything. I have one cabinet and one extra rack that is pretty small. I have told myself that everything I want must fit in that cabinet... I've only made a few exceptions! This keeps me from buying too many embellishments, tools, etc.
member #1507 gallery
witticisms... a witty blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2005, 08:35 AM   #61  
Insane Embellisher

The colozzel sp? never used it.
I have hosted ribbon sample swaps, and have every color SU makes - rarely use the ribbon, lots of eyelets, embossing powder - just don't think to use it.

Stamps - Cute as a bug, background stamps big and small.

Time for ebay
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2005, 08:39 AM   #62  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boulderstamper
As for those H2Os...I keep thinking about opening them......
OK, I have to come to thte defense of those H2Os - I love them! I challenge you to give them a try!

But stuff that I regret buying? Hard to answer from work - I'll have to go home into my room to answer that one. I will say that if someone wants their plaidmaker to go to a new home, PM me and I may take it off your hands if the price is right! (Trade?) I saw one used for the first time last week and I liked it!
What's been keeping me busy: http://inkpaperyarnohmy.blogspot.com/

Last edited by stampinamy16; 08-02-2005 at 08:40 AM.. Reason: add more...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2005, 09:53 AM   #63  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapbookmommy
I have a CM baby 12x12 leather album for sale if you are interested. It has the baby boy border pages in it. I paid like $55 dollars for it but would take much less. PM me if you are interested.

As far as products I don't use I would have to say the Sizzix also. I have quite a few dies, towers, Sizzlets and the Sidekick and I really don't use it enough to have that much money in all of it. I have debated on trying to sale it but the shipping would be so much to try and do it online. But worse than the Sizzix machine and dies is the Sizzix paddle punches and bag. The punches are cute but I just don't use them at all.
April, please send me a PM if you still have the CM baby boy album for sale!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2005, 11:27 AM   #64  
Crimping Master

How about a handy little item called a Doterrific pen? It's a "special pen" for making dots! I was shopping with my daughter at Michaels and when she saw it, she said "If you need a special pen just to make dots, maybe scrapbooking isn't your thing!". I cracked up! We still joke about it!

Coletta
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2005, 05:22 AM   #65  
JSM
Compulsive Stamper

I keep finding more things to add to my list:

About a bajillion TAC stamps that I don't ever use. I generally don't use anything but SU! because I only get to stamp when I'm prepping for workshops.

Every honking Club Scrap stamp that I can get my hands on. Also rarely used. Although I do drag them out a little more often than my TAC stuff because they are closer to my work table. And I keep buying them.

I joined CS about a year and a half ago. Every time there is a good sale in the GHM! dept (at least once a month) I go nuts and buy a ton of stuff that I don't use. Because, you know, if I use it up I might not be able to get any more. Or something like that.

There's a medium-sized stamping convention in my city every year. I go nuts and buy tons of unmounted stamps every time. They sit with my TAC stamps. I have to move my UMs where I can SEE them because out of sight is out of mind.

Dominos. I'm going to make something with dominos one of these days. But I have enough dominos of every size to set up a pretty spiffy rally-thingy in my basement. I've actually stamped on 2, but only one turned out.

Fiber, ribbon, twistel, hemp, etc. I love it, I need to use it, but I never remember to get it out when I'm working on stuff. I only regret buying so darn much of it!

Decorative buttons (and shaped eyelets and brads and nailheads). I used a tin of shaped buttons to help my dd learn sorting and counting the other day. One tin had 83 buttons in it. I have 5 tins of the same style/assortment of buttons. hmm. None of these tins are ever opened unless my dd gets into my stuff.

Cardstock. I am a paper addict. SU!, Bazzill, and Club Scrap. But I horde it all except the SU! because I put in so many orders for that stuff.

And the shame of it is, if everyone did organize a garage sale, I'd only be able to part with a tiny fraction of my stuff. I still cling to the notion that I'll use it someday (really, I will!), but I'd be right there with my shopping bag, happily buying up all of your stuff! ugh!

Janet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2005, 07:55 AM   #66  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSM
And the shame of it is, if everyone did organize a garage sale, I'd only be able to part with a tiny fraction of my stuff. I still cling to the notion that I'll use it someday (really, I will!), but I'd be right there with my shopping bag, happily buying up all of your stuff! ugh!

Janet
Oh, yeah. Dat's bad, Janet. ROTFL!!!!!

Luann--a never used Xyron 900????? You gotta be kidding me!!! :eek:

I have an X, 510, and 850 (the original), and use all of 'em.

I have the same issues as many of you--I'm a ribbon, patterned paper & embellishment "*****"der. But, older I get the more self-control I'm finding, but I do hafta reach DEEEEEEEEEEP for that control. I wish I had a friend who would thump me on the back of the head every time I contemplate buying 500 of XXX because "it's such a good deal!!! And, I'll do something with it--mebbe a class, yeah!" :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2005, 09:04 AM   #67  
Compulsive Stamper

When I first started scrapping I went to every dollar store and bought stickers...yeah there cheap but I don't use them. The alphabet stickers I've found out that they don't put enough of the letters I need and then I end up trying to put them back on the paper... well have you ever tried that they just don't stick. I have a boy so I never experienced the glitter issue...but the tearing edge I think its nice to have but I could always find something elce I wanted to spend $20 on. People around here are always trying to sell me creative memories and I personally don't like it. The cutting system is nice but I have it, and I 've already expressed my feelings about stickers. There albums are nice on the outside but I don't care for the pages. So many people have said they will never purchase another one of there albums. I'm just glad I discovered stamping before cm. This is nice to vent!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2005, 08:47 PM   #68  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by wannabe

The scariest thing about it is that, while at the garage sale, we'd probably all start buying each other's stuff and be right back where we started!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2005, 03:36 PM   #69  
Crimping Master

I know for sure that I regret buying so many of my UM stamps and non-SU stamps as well. I went crazy and now really regret that. I will have to auction them off eBay or some of my stamp trading groups.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2005, 04:00 PM   #70  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADeVirgil
The scariest thing about it is that, while at the garage sale, we'd probably all start buying each other's stuff and be right back where we started!
I was just thinking the same thing. Thinking - now I would like to try that, etc.

My regrets are glitter and decorative scissors. The weird thing is that some of the first SU stamp sets I bought -- I haven't used yet. I've been using all the ones that someone has passed on to me. I love those hand me downs. Good to have those kind of friends.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent - Eleanor Roosevelt ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2005, 04:28 PM   #71  
Pearl-ExPert

Thumbs up LOL!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyRaspberry
I kick myself for buying the tearing edge, why did I pay $20 for a tool, when I am fully able to tear paper on my own!!????:confused: Luckly it has a nice new home with a person who feels tearing challenged
So true of my gosh that is so funny! :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2005, 04:29 PM   #72  
Pearl-ExPert

My thing is those texture plates,I like the look but what a pain!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2005, 05:23 PM   #73  
Insane Embellisher

for me it's gotta be

Patterned paper. I love how PP in scrapbook stores goes together soooo well. It's just so pretty all matched up on those special racks.

mini scrapbooks...i went crazy at one point thinking i was going to make everybody and their momma a mini scrapbook book...of what I have no Idea!

non-SU! stamps...

SU! tool kit...the only thing i really use is the paper piercing thing and now you can buy that thing all by its self. i hate SU! eyelet setter...hope this doesn't upset someone (: i like my easy setter

things i'm totally GLAD i invested in---
1. every SU! alpha set i have...duh
2. SU! fiskars trimmer
3. sizzix die cutter...i use my tag dies ALL the time (with SU! paper of course)
4. circle punches
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2005, 02:25 AM   #74  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by bellkee
I jumped head first on the prismacolor and gamsol wagon. I tried and tried but I just can't get the technique. Only wasted about $75 on that one.

Twinkling h2os, pearl ex, non SU chalk stamps...I think I have it all. Never use any of them. I always end up migrating back to my SU ink pads and matching card stock.
I just use the Crayola colored pencils and the gamsol, you still get awesome results and only spend like $10-$15 on it!! I love the look and use it all the time!
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2005, 06:07 AM   #75  
Die Cut Diva

I am soo proud of you all, being able to admit all these mistakes! I'm not there yet! I have unopened paper clay and unopened - oh, what's it called - white stuff that puffs up when you heat it to look like snow - liquid applique! But I will use them - I WILL! I'm not sad that I bought them! NO - I won't admit it was a mistake! I just need more time, that's all! When my kids are older and in school - then I will have time! When my husband starts doing the dishes and the laundry and cleaning the kitchen floor - then I will have time! Really, honest - I will use them!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2005, 08:00 AM   #76  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilorangemouse
I am soo proud of you all, being able to admit all these mistakes! I'm not there yet! I have unopened paper clay and unopened - oh, what's it called - white stuff that puffs up when you heat it to look like snow - liquid applique! But I will use them - I WILL! I'm not sad that I bought them! NO - I won't admit it was a mistake! I just need more time, that's all! When my kids are older and in school - then I will have time! When my husband starts doing the dishes and the laundry and cleaning the kitchen floor - then I will have time! Really, honest - I will use them!

Liquid applique looks so cute if you have a sheep stamp. I love doing my fluffy sheep.
It might be because I am Welsh. It is a British joke that Welsh men like sheep a little too much!;) :eek:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2005, 09:05 AM   #77  
Stampin' Fool

This has been funny to read.

I guess I am lucky the only thing I have to say was a mistake is the Fiskars Rotary cutter. I can't make that thing work for the life of me, it always gets off track, won't cut all the way through, have given up. I love the CM cutting system I am longing to get that!

I have the Powder Pal Trays, can't say I use them much, but I don't regret them. I didn't pay for them anyways, I suppose that is why, I was making some invites for my older sister and she just gives me free rain to order what I say I need, so I got those then, and she paid. Whoever mentioned them for the shaving cream technique thanks, that is a good idea for them!

K
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2005, 09:30 AM   #78  
MnM
Crimping Master

I bought All the CTMH 12x12 paper when I was in a "had to have it all" phase.
With all the great cardstock and paper out there. This stuff just sits in my room taking up space.

The fiskars circle cutter had to have it...but never got the hang of it.

This has been a fun thread to read.

MnM
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2005, 10:50 AM   #79  
Die Cut Diva

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Here's how to get rid of stickers and cheap cardstock

Here's a great way to clear out your stash of stickers that you never use and not feel guilty about having purchased them.

The Keiki Cards charity is asking for stickers that they can send along with their cards to seriously ill children. It really brightens their day and makes ya feel good too for having helped them.

(I also used up all my cheap cardstock making layered cards for the Keiki kids. They are so happy to get something in the mail, they won't care if it's not high quality cardstock.)

Since they are a registered charity, you can also take a tax deduction for the donation.

Let me know if want more info on the Keiki cards charity and I'll look up their website and send it to you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2005, 11:34 AM   #80  
Hardware Hotshot

First off, I've got to say I do like the Powder Pal Trays

Also, while I don't use my Tearing Edge for regular cardstock, I do like how it makes a nicer tear on vellum then just using your fingers does.

Mine is - the Wheel Guide. I'm just a 'roll with it' kind of stamper, and the amount of time it takes to get it out of the package & line it up on the paper....forget it! I've already wheeled the whole page!
Reply With Quote Likes