Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-09-2005, 12:12 PM   #81  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Just curious so I don't regret buying it

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patra
Dody,
In the past few weeks I bought the neatest spiral coil binding system and ten of those Dzyntech stamp pad organizers...but those I'll use!!!! (Don't anybody say a thing about this post a year from now when another thread is started about things we've bought and wish we hadn't!)

I think I may need an addiction program of some kind! :rolleyes:
Just today I looked at the Dzyntech pad organizers and seriously thought about buying 10....but didn't go through with it because of all the other MUST HAVE IT'S I have thrown my money at in the past and regreted later! So..... do you think your purchase was worth it on the pad organizers? Are they sturdy and do they "work" for you? And, if you don't mind me asking did the S&H make it not worth the "good deal" you thought it was?

I have to ask cause I came sooooo close to buying these but thought I would post my question at SCS before I took the "gotta have it plunge!" LOL

Hope you can help... save me from myself, that is!!!

By the way.... that stupid little bobinless sewing machine piece of garbage...just had to have it and now it is destined for my garage sale the end of the month which will be full of my discarded gotta haves! There are too many to mention.... my mind just shuts down when I think of all that money gone when I could have bought......

Thanks for a great thread!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2005, 12:13 PM   #82  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ally
Liquid applique looks so cute if you have a sheep stamp. I love doing my fluffy sheep.
It might be because I am Welsh. It is a British joke that Welsh men like sheep a little too much!;) :eek:
Lol!

I thought right away of Bubble Queen. You could do the bubbles in the bath tub with that.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2005, 12:56 PM   #83  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSM

And the shame of it is, if everyone did organize a garage sale, I'd only be able to part with a tiny fraction of my stuff. I still cling to the notion that I'll use it someday (really, I will!), but I'd be right there with my shopping bag, happily buying up all of your stuff! ugh!

Janet
I feel the same way. I really like to buy stuff but I don't use it but GASP, get rid of it? No way. I "cleaned" my office the other day an the only thing I could throw away were some paints I had for 10 years.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2005, 01:43 PM   #84  
Die Cut Diva

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh boy...I have that problem also. That is why swaps and sales are a great way to unload and get more. I purchased that $40 Fiskars paper cutter and maybe used it once. Love the centipede one much better. Also have lots of cheap card stock, lots of cheaper and older ink pads, drying up brush markers,the letter wiring kit, some goofy plastic texturing set (that I just HAD to have at a yardsale for $5), eyelets, etc. Collecting has been a big part of my stamping hobby.....my resolution has been to work more with the stuff I have.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 08:26 AM   #85  
Inking Addict

Default Mistake

I'm new to stamping but have realized that the alphabits are just a big pain in the booty. I have used them one time in 3 months!! Anybody looking to trade for them?

Jenjo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 08:53 AM   #86  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeimFamily
the thin plastic alpha templates for tracing then cutting out letters.
I had to laugh SO HARD when I read this!!!

I thought these were the coolest thing EVER and I believe I bought every one made. Can we say Alphabet Stamps????

I have about a million gel pens that were gifts from very well-intentioned family members who know that I love scrapbooking, and must have figured, "Hey, these are scrapbooking things, I'll bet she will love them!!!" :rolleyes:

And the patterned paper that I thought was SOOO cool! (Oh dear heavens, what was I thinking????) My kids think I'm the best mom in the world because I give them my old stuff that in the eyes of 3, 6, & 8 year olds is pure treasure!

Ahhh, thinking back on my fledgling years of scrappin'.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 11:55 AM   #87  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hrm -
All the alpha stickers (heck all the stickers I've purchased since '96)

Lettering templates - collecting dust now that I have alpha stamps!

That Fiskars ShapeBoss - thought I just HAD to have it

CM paper and stickers (guilted into it by SIL who is a consultant)

Fiskars circle and oval cutter (YUCKY- I like my Coluzzle better)

Stuff to stamp on like glass plates, candles, extra albums

A huge lot of Stampola items off eBay (I have so many left that I can't keep track of what I've given in RAKs)
---
I got rid of a bunch of paper and stickers by giving them to my niece, even tho they weren't CM so I'm sure my SIL plotzed when she saw them ;)
Michelle C., #12400
www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/hookandstamp
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 05:42 PM   #88  
Pearl-ExPert

Thumbs up New found love.

Okay, so I posted earlier about the Fiskars texture plates that I thought I'd love, but never use. Since then, Sue sent me a PM and told me of an awesome use for them. See her message below:

Quote:

Hi! I was just reading the (hilarious) thread about buying stuff you regret and noticed your mention of the texture plates. Not that I have tried this yet, but I saw somewhere where you could ink them with a brayer and use them like a background stamp. I also think they are a pain to use, and am going to try the background thingy. Anyway, LOL!

Sue
Sue, you are sooo awesome for sharing. It's so easy and beautiful, give it a try.
Here are some pics of the "new" technique that me and my bud tasly did tonight
Attached Thumbnails
Have you bought anything that you wish you hadn't?-texture-plates-001.jpg   Have you bought anything that you wish you hadn't?-texture-plates-002.jpg   Have you bought anything that you wish you hadn't?-texture-plates-004.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2005, 02:41 PM   #89  
Polyshrink Goddess

You all just crack me up! It would be funnier if I hadn't done exactly the same thing and then thrown more good money after bad (which makes me twice as stupid as your regular stamper I guess!)

I have to say that I love a number of the things that have appeared on a regular basis through this thread:

- POWDER PALS (try rubbing them with a dryer sheet to help with static)
- TWINKLING H2Os - gorgeous!
- FLOCK (anybody want to sell me their brown and/or white?)
- PEARLEX- I'm playing with so many new techniques with this that I'm using it heaps!
- LIQUID APPLIQUE (so glad this is back in next mini!)

Things I have bought and hated:

- Fiskars cutters - ended up giving these away - couldn't ever get the stupid thing to work. Love my Coluzzle so much more!!
- Some SU stamp sets that I bought at the very beginning that I know regret (although I did use them a lot in the beginning ...)
- Cheap cardstock from BD (before demo) times

My problem is that I'm moving back to New Zealand next year and everything is imported (mainly from here) and is therefore WAY more expensive, so instead of buying less right now, I'm actually buying more trying to stock up on anything I might even conceivably need. In another year I'm sure I'll be back on a thread like this one talking about how stupid I was to buy up so much stuff!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2005, 07:01 AM   #90  
Kookie Creator

Talking

I have the alpha tracers too and it just takes up too much time to trace and then cut out the alphabets! I too pick up paper that does not coordinate with other paper every time I'm in Hobby Lobby and AC Moores. I also have the Fiskar's shape boss embossing thingy that I ordered off TV and I never really use it either. I am being more careful about what I purchase now
Quamecia'

Last edited by suchaladie; 08-12-2005 at 07:02 AM.. Reason: added name to end
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2005, 08:48 AM   #91  
Gabfest Goddess

Some patterned paper from QVC - some is really cute, some is horrible.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2005, 08:49 AM   #92  
Insane Embellisher

Location: Mostly near Cincinnati but Gulf Shores, AL in the wintertime 😎
Default tidy trays

I used to have this problem with my tidy trays too until I read a great tip. Just wipe the interior of the tray with a used dryer sheet each time before you use it. It will eliminate the static and your ep, glitter or whatever will glide right out of the opening effortlessly. It works for me every time!
stampingnut

Quote:

Originally Posted by needsmorestamps!
Tidy Trays - those plastic trays that have a hole at one end so you can use them dump EP or glitter in them and then pour it back into the container. It always sticks and I can never get it out.

Solution - use the cheap coffee filters. Every little bit pours right out

If it doesn't move, STAMP it!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2005, 10:19 AM   #93  
Matboard Maniac

Wiping the tray with your Embossing Buddy works too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2005, 01:36 PM   #94  
Stampin' Fool

I LOVE that little Xyron X.

I've used the perfect pals tray thingy..I hit it with my embossing buddy before I use it...seems to help.

I have tons of embellishments that I forget to use
Single stamps that I paid too much for and I can't make a decent card with them.

I do have a lot of sets that I refer to SCS to "become creative"

But all in all, I love my "stuff"!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2005, 11:29 AM   #95  
Compulsive Stamper

How about 64 Crayola white crayons? What was a I thinking? I guess I thought I would be doing alot of crayon resist.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2005, 12:10 PM   #96  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by sydsmom
How about 64 Crayola white crayons? What was a I thinking? I guess I thought I would be doing alot of crayon resist.
Too Funny! I didn't even know you couldn't buy a whole box of all one color.

K
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2005, 01:01 PM   #97  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by sydsmom
How DID you get 64 of them? :eek: I was trying to figure out how to buy a couple of them without having to buy several boxes. How'd ya do it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2005, 02:36 PM   #98  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 188 Likes on 90 Posts
Red face Pearls?

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappinkar
This post is definitely striking a cord with me!!!

I have gone through the glitter phase and have a ton of it as well! I also love the stickles! I bought about 25 colors of Perfect Pearls and then found out that they rub off and when you try to seal them, they lose all of their color--Pearl-ex is unbeatable!
I searched the internet for weeks before I finally was able to purchase the blade runner that was going to make my life so much easier, lol! It was supposed to make cutting from any stencil as easy as tracing the letter! NOT! I even went to a class with an EK Success demonstrator, but it still didn't work very well!
I won't even mention the two paper/sticker binders full of stickers!!!! I have not used a sticker in at least 3 years in scrapbooks or in cards!!!!!!
I could probably go on for days about this, but (at least)I have learned from my mistakes somewhat :rolleyes: !!!!! :rolleyes:
Okay, I'm really sorry to hear about those Perfect Pearls. Why? I've been experimenting with pearl-ex lately, so of course I needed everything available. I used my Michael's 50% off coupons yesterday to buy not one, but two sets of the pearls. Oh no!
I too buy tons of scrapbooking stuff - mostly for my DD. I'm sure she's going to use it up one day. If I stop buying now, she might use it up by the time she's 80. (She's a teenager now.)
I also have some stamps that I liked so much, I bought two of them (before I started inventorying).
If anyone is interested, I started a sign up for a goodie box like Granny had organized recently. We only have five names now. The thread is "Goodie Box 2", I think. If you're interested, read through the rules and PM me. I'm putting in my stamp doubles. (Some SU)

Last edited by lynnewithane; 09-06-2005 at 02:38 PM.. Reason: Needed to add a sentence and title.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2005, 02:47 PM   #99  
Watercolor Wizard

Red face Bedazzler? Bowdabra?

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendykins
:cool: I have the Bedazzler too...had to have it, way to many years ago. Did a few things with it then. Oh my God, I forgot I had it, but there it was in a shoebox with all the little dazzly things rolling around. What will I do with that. But seriously, I have a ton of stamp sets that I see one card made with and love but then can't think up anymore to do. That is why SCS is so great, it gives me ideas for all those sets.
Wendy
Okay, I've read enough. I never bought the beadazzler, but I am guilty of buying the bowdabra. It takes a ton of ribbon for a nice bow, and I guess I haven't quite gotten the hang of it, because they are not perfect. I still have all of the bows we made when I first bought it. What do you do with a bag of bows? And, of course, I have loads of ribbon in case I ever want to get the bowdabra out again. Hmmmm..... I wonder where I put it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2005, 03:14 PM   #100  
Watercolor Wizard

Red face Sticker idea

Just a thought for the cheap stickers people don't like:
Donate them to your kid's favorite teacher. You would think only elementary school teachers use them, but I teach high school, and I buy them all the time. I give lots of quizzes, and put them on papers of anyone who gets an A. I have tons and tons, but I can justify it because I will eventually use all of them....if I work until I turn 90. I just bought 6 more packs on clearance at Michaels for .50 each.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2005, 03:46 PM   #101  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by CelineeBeenie
OK. I can beat all of you with the dumbest craft item! When Michael's first opened in Vancouver, they had the 40% off sale coupons. No other craft store in the area had coupons like this - and so lots of people were going to the store. It was a frenzy of buying. I got caught up in the buying and decided I really needed a bottle cutter. It was a first impulse purchase. The plastic contraption hooks around a bottle and is supposed to cut off the top so that you can use the bottom part of the bottle as a glass or vase. I still remember I paid $32 for it after the 40% coupon. I thought I got a deal. Ugh! It totally doesn't work and is so lame. I have moved it from my craft room to the back of the garage because I can't stand looking at it. What was I thinking :confused:

That is soooooooo funny. I remember my brother got one of those from "RONCO" for christmas in the 70's. It did not work very well then either.

I've never even opened the Pasta machine...But I had tooooooooo have it,like three months ago.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2005, 04:04 PM   #102  
Watercolor Wizard

Red face Light Box

I know someone mentioned a light box, and I was thinking - yeah I should get rid of that.
Just then, my daughter called down to ask me to trace a map. She has to memorize all of the countries in Europe including all of the Russia breakoff countries. I thought - aha, now where is that light box? I found it and traced two maps for her to practice on. It was a pain, but would have been way worse without my lightbox! Have to keep it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2005, 04:24 PM   #103  
Mad Swapper

Smile

Quote > It might be because I am Welsh. It is a British joke that Welsh men like sheep a little too much! <

ROTFLMAO!! I thought this only happened in North Dakota!!! ;)

By the way, all of you that want to get rid of some ribbon, let me know! I have been using ribbon like crazy lately!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2005, 09:22 PM   #104  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Talking White Crayons... by the dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyof2
How DID you get 64 of them? :eek: I was trying to figure out how to buy a couple of them without having to buy several boxes. How'd ya do it?
Went to Froogle and found a set of 12 white crayons here...
http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/...000&redir=true
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2005, 11:03 PM   #105  
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Received 117 Likes on 98 Posts

oops

I mistakenly deleted my post.

Ha ha. I have some stuff like that, too, don't we all! But, I never let myself feel guilty, because DH has The Beast:

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
"It was fun." - Kirk, Star Trek: Generations

Last edited by Stampin Wrose; 12-14-2005 at 07:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2005, 09:29 AM   #106  
Hardware Hotshot

This is cathartic!!
I've been relatively lucky. I tend to think hard before making big purchases. I NEVER did buy (but thought long and hard/wanted really bad at the time):
ANY Xyron at all.
Tearing edge
Wheel guide
every color of cartridge for my Stampin' Around wheels
light box (although I still might break down and buy that)
SU Tool kit

Things I have that I use often:
CIS navigator
CIS stamping store (love it!)
Generation's craft keepers
Generation's paper takers and photo holders (they have a handle!)
Coluzzle templates
original gray Fiskar's trimmer
Alphabet stamps (I use every single one I own, very often)
tons and tons of SU stamps!! When I lose interest in one, I sell it when it retires.
SU cardstock (I have packages of almost every color, and use it often.)
SU designer vellum
Inkworks air tool (wish they hadn't stopped making that!)
My cardstock ring from Cobleigh Creations (use it every time I sit down to make something!)
stampin' scrub and mist - LOVE THEM!!
eyelet kit and eyelets (I don't have a ton. I participated in an eyelet club and it was a GREAT deal!)

Things I regret buying:
SU markers-Before you say anything, I have every color of classic ink pads, every color of craft ink pads, the watercolor pencils, the chalks...why did I think I needed the markers too?
Blade runner (I threw it away, because I just couldn't put anybody else through the same torture I went through!)
Stickers
Templates
Fiskar's rotary trimmer (I actually only paid for the Eurotrimmer, but something was wrong with it. I called Fiskar's to ask about it, and they said they would just send me another one. I asked if I could pay for an upgrade to the rotary. They said no, but then they sent it anyway. Still don't like it!)
CM 12 inch trimmer. Had to have it, now I hate it. It doesn't cut any straighter than my gray Fiskar's, so now I'm just back to using it. I'm ordering the Perfect Layers on my next order. I hope it doesn't end up on a list like this in a few months!

That's all I can think of. I've never really regreted buying a stamp set, because they sell so well online. They hold their value relatively well, and if I can't sell it now, later it ends up being even more valuable on ebay!

Erin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2005, 11:08 AM   #107  

That's funny about the markers, Erin! LOL Obviously you just don't use yours much.

I use mine exclusively for coloring on the back of vellum, and for coloring on the rubber sometimes if I want two colors on the stamp.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2005, 04:16 PM   #108  
Die Cut Diva

I don't know what's worse. Knowing that you bought crap and come to terms with it or having bought it and although there are much better products on the market, you just can't throw them away. That's me. I just keep thinking I'll have some purpose for it. I have not spent a lot on my craft supplies - correction - I have not spent a lot of money on one particular item. I shop around and try to find the best deal or sale. I have bought many stickers and the decorative scissors, small punches, paper peicings, and templates but with the exception of the stickers I have used them all. I'll go for the sale and get way too many for what I need. I have more eyelets than I can imagine using in the next two years and fibers and stickers and embellishments, and cardstock, but deep down in my heart I know that I'll eventually put them to good use. The worst thing is that I bought over the years a number of grab bags at craft stores. I have a lot of cardstock 8 1/2X 11 with a themed border that if I was very honest with myself would admit I would never use, but still can't chuck it out. I don't know why I'll never learn the grab bags are just junk that could not be sold when people knew what it was.

"Who can resit the mystery box. A boat is a boat, but the "mystery box" ... it could be anything. It could even be a boat" - Peter Griffin.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2005, 04:23 PM   #109  

Seriously, if you have trouble getting rid of stuff, you might want to check out Flylady.net.

Although I'm not a total flybaby, her attitude towards "Stuff" is definitely freeing.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2005, 08:16 AM   #110  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeimFamily
Let's see - the thin plastic alpha templates for tracing then cutting out letters. I do not have the patience to use them.
What if you just sponged or stippled your letters rather than cutting them out?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2005, 10:06 AM   #111  
Rubber Obsessor

Default I have a coupon in hand....

I think this thread has just saved me money!!! I have a Michael's 50% off coupon in my pocket and I was on my way for 'anything stamping'. But now, after reading all these hilarious posts, I realize that all my "wish I hadn't bought it" have come from my evil coupon purchases.

The good part of these purchases is that my 9yr old daughter can now claim her very own set of stamps, paper, ink care of Michael's (haha). I do have to admit it has saved some conflict as she does not even want to use any of my SU stuff (thank goodness!!).

Anyway, now that I have the insight in to the cause of my overcrowded craft shelves, I am going to go recycle my coupon and resist the urge!! (I just wish I did not have to wait so long for my SU stuff to come - for a stamping-shopaholic it is torture!!).

Have an awesome weekend and thanks for the laughs -
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2005, 11:52 AM   #112  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by off_the_wall
Okay, so I posted earlier about the Fiskars texture plates that I thought I'd love, but never use. Since then, Sue sent me a PM and told me of an awesome use for them. See her message below:

Sue, you are sooo awesome for sharing. It's so easy and beautiful, give it a try.
Here are some pics of the "new" technique that me and my bud tasly did tonight

I just received these as a gift and played with it once but it was a lot of work for a little result. I'm wondering if there is a holder to put them on - I think mine have two holes at the top. I'm going to try the background thing because I don't have a lot of background stamps and that would be a great option.

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If you�ve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2005, 06:11 PM   #113  
Inking Addict

Not a fan of the SU plaidmaker here...HAD to have it, too, but just can't get into it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2005, 08:54 AM   #114  
Hardware Hotshot

Here are mine:

Blade Runner
alphabet templates (that I later thought the blade runner would work great on! NOT!!)
tons of embossing powder (I now use ink and clear embossing powder)-this was my very first SU purchase. I had some alphabet stamps from another company, and I wanted to emboss my titles now and then.

dry embossing stuff-brass templates and the stylus tools. I love the look of dry embossing, but I never have convinced myself to buy the $40 light box, because I keep seeing people say it doesn't work well with most colors. So I'm stuck with my brass templates and stylus' now.

Fiskar's Rotary cutter. Thankfully I only spent $25 on it, but I also wasted $$ on the CM cutter that doesn't cut straight either. Now I use my perfect layers for all of my cutting. I'd probably get a Carl if I did a bunch of workshops.

Chalk templates from The Chalk Lady. I can't remember how much I spent, but I still have a huge stack of templates that I never use. They really are very versatile, but I never use them. I don't like chalk in my scrapbook as much as I thought I would. Thankfully I split this purchase with a friend, or this would have been an even bigger loss.

I have to say I'm pretty proud of how little I have actually wasted since I began scrapbooking 8 1/2 years ago. It could have been much worse, but when a purchase involved a lot of money, I would think about it long and hard, and then think some more. Usually by then the urge passed!!

Erin in Okc
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2005, 11:48 AM   #115  
Die Cut Diva

I am surprised by all the people who are not fond of the brilliance inks.
I have all the colors.
they actually DRY on paper without heatsetting and they show up on dark cardstock.
My autumn cards wouldnt be the same with out
copper *mm copper! gold, crimson and yellow on craft cardstock(or you could try ivy and copper and red on more mustard and beige)

beige is the most interesting color that you think would be the least desirable but has the best effect. it is actually more "champagne " than beige. beige with a slight shimmer which is ok on white but gives a subtle sheen on colored paper, perfect for a background oomph,

the black is a true sharp black *get the reinker) and lightning black has a gold sheen in the light so is a different look when sharp black is too light but you need somethign a little different. it reads almost a "softer black" but it is still crisp but not as bold.
so
dont throw them out before you try them again on different colors. or pass them on.

happy whatever day you are stamping

betsy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2005, 07:20 PM   #116  
Insane Embellisher

I have tons of stickers I thought I would need for SB but so far I haven't used any of them at all- yikes. I will- New Years Resolution- to get busy and either use it or get rid of it. I have been passing a lot of stuff of to my daughters class at school- the schools are really hurting for craft supplies. So you could donate it to the schools, or girl guides or a group of your choice- how about a seniors home- they love to craft too but most aren't able to get out to shop for these items.

Here is another idea for you all- not sure how you would work it out but on another board I was on they had a kind of cleaning challenge-something about "cleaning out the craft room" or like that- what they did- was anyone who wanted in- had to add their name to the list.
How it worked was the hostess- started the swap and what she did was put what ever she didn't want (old cs, paper, anything she wasn't using in a box and mailed it to the next person on the list and it wasn't all SU! product either)
You would have to figure out the players by location so each person knows who they are forwarding the box too- and how to play is for every item you take out- you put more in lol- or even if you don't take any out- you can add to the box and mail it to the next person.
Perhaps one of the girls from that group is on here somewhere and could share the proper rules.
Remember- ones man "trash" is another mans "treasure".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2005, 12:23 PM   #117  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by emilymomto3boys
sorry dude, but this one cracks me up! I was thinking, what the heck is a bottle cutter???

BTW, I am always getting caught up in the hype of buying stuff and buy way too much. Like I have 6 packages of page protectors....why did I need all those now??

Okay, this thread is killing me with laughter! (Although I am learning quite a bit, too.)

I buy page protectors by the bulk, but I use them in the kitchen...when I print a recipe off the internet I slide it into a page protector and then it keeps any spills from damaging the printer paper. If the recipe is good, I then put it in a three-ring binder I keep with my cookbooks. (I LOVE cooking--it is just like making something crafty to me, and I love to see my family and friends get excited about something I make for them.)

As for something I regret buying....hmmm, I am a huge collector but don't use my stuff as much as I should...I love having it all at my disposal when I get whims of creativity! I bought the Zip e MAte and hardly use it.:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2005, 01:36 PM   #118  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Extra "Stuff"

I so much enjoy reading all of your answers!! Did anyone mention the bow maker sold on QVC or how about a dehydrator to make dried orange and lemon slice wreaths!! Luckily I have sorted through my stamps and gave many away as gifts for the last two Chrsitmases. They were all new and it's not like I need them or anything like that!..... I got one of thoase fiscar shape makers that's pretty worthless - except on TV they use it perfectly.........joy is in the buying!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2005, 01:45 PM   #119  
Chattin' & Sippin' in SPAM-Land

OMG... I don't know where to start! DH would say, ANYWHERE IN YOUR CRAFT ROOM, but then I'd hafta smack him. Let's see....

Glitter... I probably have 30 colors. And I donated at least 2 dozen containers of the cheaper stuff to a school last year. Said school got 4 boxes of craft supplies.... we won't talk about it....

Embossing Powder.... glittery, scented, ultrafine, every bloody color known to man. I've had it ALL....

Fiskars Shape thingys....

Templates of various types. They're a pain.

Zip e Cuts machine thingy

And we won't discuss my sticker habit......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2005, 01:49 PM   #120  
Chattin' & Sippin' in SPAM-Land

Oh, I forgot about the Sculpey and the Radiant Pearls.... At one point I had all the colors they made. I think I'm more of a collector than a user.....
Reply With Quote Likes