Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-01-2006, 02:08 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have you ever lost a stamp set in your home?

It has been almost two months now since I made a birthday card with the Unfrogettable stamp set from SU. I have two of the stamps because they were out on my counter waiting to be washed (I always end up making things in a rush). To save my life, I cannot find the rest of the stamp set in the box..ANYWHERE. I feel so stupid. I have just moved into my new room but I made the card in my new room and I can't find it in my old room either.

I realize this is a stupid post but I wondered if anyone out there has stamp set with legs too. I am starting to think my hubby or my mom is hiding it to see if I miss it as I have accumulated quite a collection of sets but I would think after two months they would give it back..and I don't think they would actually do that.

Crazy Blind woman in Iowa.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2006, 02:10 PM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

I actually fear that when I sold a bunch of retired sets that I actually sent this somewhere in error..but I would think someone would tell me that..then again, maybe they liked it better..lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2006, 02:10 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

I actually fear that when I sold a bunch of retired sets that I actually sent this somewhere in error..but I would think someone would tell me that..then again, maybe they liked it better..lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2006, 02:16 PM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

I laughed when I saw this post because I lose stamp sets & accessories all the time! I actually have 2 of a lot of my accessories & have almost ordered the same stamp set over & over. I "LOST" my hostess pre-order sets before convention & found them the night before I was going to convention........................ Good luck finding your stamp set...........

Jacque
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2006, 02:24 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

I dont know about sets since I dont keep up with them very well anyway....but I have lost an inkpad.....my dd said "Mom how do you know you lost one" I said "because there is an empty slot in my inkpad holder! ;) " For the life of me I dont know what color it is! I have not gone through the colors yet to see what is missing....just keep wondering about it!

And one time I bought some stuff a the LSS ~ I know I brought it home ... I was with dh when I got it and he remembered my putting it in the car and I could not find it for the longest time.....then one day about a month ago I found it in the closet downstairs. I am sure that I told my dd to clean off the table and she put it in there to get out of the way! I no longer needed the paper that was in there since I already completed the project I got it for *insert rolling eyes guy here*

I hope it turns up for you.

Be Yourself ~ Everyone else is taken ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2006, 02:37 PM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

I think that I own three pairs of Kai scissors now... I kept badgering my dh insisting that he took them somewhere to cut wire (or whatever he cuts in the basement)... so I would buy another pair (and they aren't cheap!)... then I would find them in my sewing drawer - silly scissors - don't they know they are for rubber not sewing???

Carmen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2006, 02:46 PM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

lol all the time right on my craft table. It seems that when I do my projects stuff just starts accumulating on top of it. So I usually go through phases of it being almost impossible to work on and me searching all over for stuff and then cleaning it and messing it up again.

Just recently my father was trying to be nice to my mom by carrying a box full of sets downstairs. Well the bottom of the box fell out and the sets ended up under the stairs. (it's a spiral staircase he made and there are slots under each stair so the stamps ended up going through) Of course there is plenty of stuff stacked underneath. So finally just the other day she found the last of a bug set and then couldn't find the box. I reminded her where it was and it was reunited with it's rubber buddies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2006, 02:56 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

I do this ALL THE TIME!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2006, 03:08 PM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

I lost one of the flowers to my Bud Basics set. I am still very sad about it..... My adorable 2 year old probably flushed it down the toilet or something.

Please take a stroll through my gallery!
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=76367
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2006, 03:17 PM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

A couple week ends ago I was looking for my long time friend set to FINALLY make some bd cards. Looked & looked in my piled stamps, stamping table, other places I never stamp and called my daughter to see if she had it but knew she didnt as it isnt her style. Gave up looking and went back a couple hours later and voila! There is was in the stamp pile I must have looked at 5 times. ARGH!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2006, 03:22 PM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

Oh man isn't that the worst. Then your groove is totally off. I know when I want something and it has disappeared and then can't make what is in my head it kind of botches up the next creations.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2006, 03:42 PM   #12  
Watercolor Wizard

I'm such a slob, I've actually mounted a set and didn't put the sticker on one of the stamps, probably because I couldn't find the pair of scissors I use to cut the stickers. Now I can't find the sticker! And yes, I was looking for a set I planned to trade last night, and can't find that either.

Natalie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2006, 04:54 PM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've mislaid stuff in my craft room so many times that my DS just rolls her eyes :rolleyes: and says "What is it THIS time?" So far it has always turned up again, but it can take a while!!

-Theresa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2006, 05:16 PM   #14  
Stampin' Fool

Of course, I am still looking for my Crayon kids wheel, used it some time last year in September or so, went to use it at the end of the school year this year and nada, and still nada, I have no idea.

And of course I am always loosing stuff right on my desk, you know use the glue stick sit it down, then when you are ready to glue something else it is missing in action, even though you just used it 2 minutes ago, then it takes 30 minutes to find it.

And worse my SIL accidently left her Sparkling Summer set here, maybe about 2 months ago (brand new), I ran across sat in somewhere and then it disappeared and I can't find it and she doesn't have it! I bet you where ever it is it is very safe. I loose things all the time like that and I always say well I know i put it in a very safe spot where ever that might be.

K
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2006, 06:01 PM   #15  
Gabfest Goddess

I am sooooo sure I got a daisy punch already, and I ordered it after I moved last fall. I have NO idea where it is, and my punches container is out of reach of my two stamp-stealing preschoolers.

I also lost a bottle of the cool dauber top inky antics gamasol . . . .but found it two days later.

Can't find my Kai scissors either . . . .

So I guess the answer is yes!
Megan arrived 3/16/09
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2006, 06:28 PM   #16  
Rubber Obsessor

You are all making me feel so much better. I usually find things a bit sooner than over two months but I will keep the faith..lol. At least it wasn't a $40 set...(looking for the bright side of it). It just DRIVES ME CRAZY!! I seriously am afraid I mailed it to someone when I was trading and buying and selling so much at one time I think I had to have slipped it somewhere.....I may never know..hehe
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2006, 06:32 PM   #17  
Die Cut Diva

Exclamation

Quote:

Originally Posted by stmpndoc
I laughed when I saw this post because I lose stamp sets & accessories all the time! I actually have 2 of a lot of my accessories & have almost ordered the same stamp set over & over.
Jacque
What she said!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2006, 06:34 PM   #18  
Hot Mess

I have. I lost Cuddles & Tickles and I still have not found it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2006, 06:34 PM   #19  
Hot Mess

I forgot to add that it was 2 years ago that I lost it. I know I didn't lend it to somebody!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2006, 06:37 PM   #20  
Creative Director - My Favorite Things
Dirty Dozen Alumni

It happens to me all the time. I start panicking... ruffling through things... start theorizing that someone has somehow stolen it... then I find in the back of the drawer or where I just looked. :rolleyes: Sometimes it takes me days... others it takes me a couple minutes. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2006, 06:48 PM   #21  
Hardware Hotshot

My good friend, Janice, loaned out one of the stamps from Coast to Coast to her friend, Gail. Shortly thereafter Janice was hospitalized and had [somewhat] emergency surgery. Upon her return home 3 weeks later, and after several weeks recuperating, she went to her stamp area to put back the stamp she had loaned to Gail and couldn't find the rest of the set. She is heartbroken. She is afraid the rest of the set was accidentally thrown out or put someplace else by her grandchildren who came to visit after she returned from the hospital. She uses (or I guess I should say used) this set quite often and is really bummed that she can't find it. I was hoping to replace the set for her for her birthday, however with the set now retired it is difficult to find at a reasonable price. I don't buy into the notion that just because a set is retired that it should command more money, but I'm hoping that I can someday find it for her. In the meantime, she can always borrow my Coast to Coast set.

I hope you soon find the rest of your set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2006, 07:10 PM   #22  
Pearl-ExPert

I just had this happen to me with a brand new not-even-mounted-yet level 2 hostess set - Measure of a Life! It went missing just after I did inventory in my living room on a brand new order I'd received that day. I was going nuts trying to find it, then finally gave up. Wouldn't you know it, last weekend I was digging under the sofa to retrieve cat toys, and found that kitty had pushed my brand new stamp set under there, too???? She has no idea how lucky she is that she's too cute to kill.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2006, 07:53 PM   #23  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serenity3333us
It has been almost two months now since I made a birthday card with the Unfrogettable stamp set from SU. I have two of the stamps because they were out on my counter waiting to be washed (I always end up making things in a rush). To save my life, I cannot find the rest of the stamp set in the box..ANYWHERE. I feel so stupid. I have just moved into my new room but I made the card in my new room and I can't find it in my old room either.

I realize this is a stupid post but I wondered if anyone out there has stamp set with legs too. I am starting to think my hubby or my mom is hiding it to see if I miss it as I have accumulated quite a collection of sets but I would think after two months they would give it back..and I don't think they would actually do that.

I'll bet those creepy lawn gnomes took it. :twisted: I'm just sayin'....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2006, 10:00 PM   #24  
Pearl-ExPert

Last year I lost Little Pieces. I searched and searched and finally decided that it must have fallen off my messy table right into the garbage can - boy I was soo sad and mad. I have since moved my garbage can. I always rummage through it a bit before emptying it (it is only paper). I did buy a new set.

The thing I lose the most is a stamped image... I will stamp something and then spend about 15 minutes looking for it. I usually find it either stuck to my shirt (either belly or forearm), another piece of paper or just turned upside down.

One thing that does make me laugh is that EVERYTIME I'm wrapping a present, I always lose the tape - it is usually found under my leg as I sit on the floor to wrap. I was so thrilled when they came out with those wrist-straps with tape!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2006, 10:22 PM   #25  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serenity3333us

Not crazy - well maybe not that much at least! This happens to me all the time. I am not that organized, especially now that we are trying to sell the house. When I get a call for a showing, my stamps get put wherever they fit at the time, only to be found weeks later.
Remember, we're in Iowa - blame those creepy "children of the corn"...I do! ;)

Q

Don't get your knickers in a knot. Nothing is solved and it just makes you walk funny. ~Kathryn Carpenter
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2006, 11:32 PM   #26  
Pearl-ExPert

Um, yeah, this happened. I had gotten Meow Meow way back when it was first released from my mom. I couldn't find it anywhere & thought I may have imagined that I had it so I bought another one off ebay (it was retired by then). Not long after that, I found the original, NUM one. WHAT A DORK!!! I did sell the second one, so don't be askin' about it! ;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2006, 12:06 AM   #27  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I didn't read beyond OP; and, I'm embarrassed to say, "Yes. I have." :oops:

But, I did eventually find it. :grin:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2006, 03:16 AM   #28  
Mad Swapper

I lost my Versamark pad one time, and didn't really notice until my SIL bought me my heat gun. Then I really needed it because I just had to try some embossing!! So of course, I went out and bought another one.

I had looked all over the house for that dumb pad, and finally found it a few weeks later when I closed the office door - it was sitting right on the floor behind the door. Now I have two!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2006, 04:18 AM   #29  
Stampin' Fool

I bought everyday flexible phrases when it first came out. My daughter is a demo and brought it over to me. I thought I cut it, (I'm sure I would remember that!) but I have NEVER found it. I never used it, and unless someone else accidently put it in with their own stamp stuff, the STAMP FAIRY must have taken it!!! Maybe it slipped under my armoir. If it did I will find it when we get new carpet! (I'm not moving that heavy thing!) I had to get another one!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2006, 04:49 AM   #30  
Mad Swapper

I lost a nice set of watercolor pencils I bought at the local arts & crafts store. I went to a crop at the LSS and thought I loaned them to one of my best friends, but she has been through her stuff a number of times and doesn't have it :( I wouldn't be so upset if I hadn't spent $40 on them. That and I'm VERY particular about my pencils - they HAVE to be put back in the same place they came from, point has to be evenly used, etc (OK I Know - I'm a bit anal about it!). And they came in a very nice metal case too

Suzanne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2006, 07:48 AM   #31  
Rubber Obsessor

THE FROGS HAVE BEEN FOUND!!! I truly cannot believe it. I think all this talk and thinking about it, they heard me and were calling for me..and the fact that I have dug in every crack and crevice since yesterday...lol. But I found the set in my old office room, on the floor, buried under a bunch of priority boxes I had assembled for mailing when I was doing a lot of trading, etc. I must've carried it there when I was grabbing something and set it down and it got covered and forgot about it....How could I forget about Unforgettable..hehe. I am so excited. I can finally sleep now...oh, yeah, and get back to work.

Thanks for all your stories. I laughed and cringed and felt like I had a support group out there.

Take care all

Tammy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2006, 07:56 AM   #32  
Hardware Hotshot

Glad to hear you found your set! :-D

I'm still hoping my friend will find the rest of her Coast to Coast set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2006, 12:44 PM   #33  
Die Cut Diva

I misplace my stamps and stuff all the time. For instance, I know that I bought all 3 of the All-Year Cheers. Well, I can only find 2 of them and (go figure) the missing one has the sayings that I have been wanting to use. I've searched everywhere for it. I guess I'll just have to buy another one. Oh yeah, I also misplaced my SU rubber cutting scissors for a while, so I bought another pair. Needless to say, I found the first pair.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2006, 12:48 PM   #34  
Glitter Guru

I keep wandering off with my stamping stuff and putting it down and then forgetting what I did with it.

Last week I had my aquapainter in hand, got up to answer the phone and get a soda, sat back down, had no aquapainter in my hand!

Found it in the fridge about half hour later! lol!
Faerey Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2006, 01:18 PM   #35  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was redoing my stampin location (moving from one are to another, etc). Had some stamps stacked up next to the bed on the floor as temporary storage. Well, got all the sets (so I thought) to their new location. Wanted to use my Much Appreciated set which was brand new. Couldn't find it to save my life. Two months later while picking up something that had fallen off the night stand, there was my stamp set - had slipped off the temporary storage stack before moving it and had fallen under the bed. Could have sworn I had looked there before numerous times!
Reply With Quote Likes