Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-08-2005, 02:40 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have you got the Stampin Spots - what do you think?

Hi everyone,

I have just purchased ALL of the stampin spots and I was just wondering if you have them what do you think of them? I purchased them because I could never afford to buy ALL of the regular size pads and figure they will work for me just fine! So, tell me what you think of them - I would be really interested to know!

Hugs

Aussie Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 02:57 AM   #2  
Kookie Creator

I have them, I've had them over two years and I LOVE them! I have bought a few of the larger pads, mostly as I've used them a lot and wanted them for easier backgrounds, but especially when I was just starting out they were prefect for me! Knowing I had all the colors really freed me up to be creative, and not have to worry if the color that looked "worked" was one I had. Even now, I'm about to go on vacation, and I'll be taking them with me for stamping on the go.
I'm really happy they released craft spots with this catalog too, because now I can try the craft inks without a $300 investment!
I think you'll love them.

Kate
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 04:34 AM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have all the spots also - and I love them. I've had them for over a year now and don't feel the need to buy the big pads at all. I am able to do everything I want to do with the small spots. I am slowly starting to collect reinkers for the colors I use most. I love that they are easy to store and, of course, WAY cheaper than the same number of pads would be!
Having ALL the colors is a big deal to me ... I am also a painter and being limited in color choice was way foreign to me.
I just ordered all the new colors in the spots and will consider the craft spots as well .. although I'm just not sure I "need" those yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 04:35 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

I love spots! I do a lot of direct to paper, and you have more control with the little pads. I also do not mind at all turning my stamp upsidedown and tapping the pad on the stamp. Some people see that as a negative, but it doesn't bother me. And, like you said, you can get all the colors faster. Craft spots are going to be my next collection.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 05:36 AM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

I just got the new color stampin' spots. While I love them, especially since I got all of those colors at once, I do secretly wish they were fullsized pads. I suppose for no other reason than personal preference. I have been using them and they work fine, you just have to tap most stamps more times to cover them, no big deal there. They will definetly travel eaier to crops and things.

K
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 05:43 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

I bought my first set of craft spots and I think they are great! I am a new demo so I only have the classic pads I got in my kit but I want to have all the colours to show people so I've decided I'll buy all the craft spots and then start collecting the classic pads. Eventually I'll have them all but its hard starting out as you want EVERYTHING, I think the spots are a great starter!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 05:47 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper

Default Love mine and found cool storage...

I only have the rich regals and the new color spots, but I do love them. I use them for everything just like the large pads (which is mostly the EE ones). I have even used the spots for the small wheels. It works well too. I have put the names on the bottom of my spots and store them upside down. Last week I decided I wanted to see my spots and not just use the wonderful little boxes they come in so was playing around with storage. You can fit 24 spots into the largest clear stampin up stamp case perfectly!!! This could be a plus if you have smaller space, but don't want to worry about all the small boxes. I'm looking forward to trying some of the craft spots too!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 05:49 AM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

I love the spots as well. They were the only thing I could afford at the time and I could get all the colors as well. I don't have any problem inking a big stamp with the spots. It might take a little longer but I don't mind. They are easy to store. Also my daughter likes to use them as well. They are great for little hands. Alot of times she just turns the stamp over and inks her stamp that way. I am considering buying the new set of spots so I can get all of the new colors. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 08:22 AM   #9  
Kookie Creator

I have 3 of the 4 color groups, and I think it's the best way to have all the colors. I have the chalks so I really have all the colors cos I can use my blender pen with everything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 08:41 AM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Spots vs. Full Size pads

I have all the stampin' spots and until the intro of the new colors also had all the classic stamp pads. I purchased the spots because I wanted all of the colors, but once I started using my larger pads, discovered that I like them much better than the little spots. For smaller stamps the spots work great, but I prefer using the larger inkpads. However, if you take your stuff to other places to stamp, the spots are a really great way to take all of your colors...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 09:24 AM   #11  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the all the spots (minus the new colors, they're on my next order ;) ) and I LOVE them. In fact, I have the regular size black and personally I don't use it that often. I go for the spot first. With the full size pad, I find that the middle of the pad pushes down and I can never get my larger stamps inked fully. I have to twist and turn the ink pad all around, and end up using just the edges anyway, to get full coverage. With the spot, I flip the stamp over, and ink away. You do tend to get lines from the edge of the spot, but if you turn the spot as you are inking, you don't see those lines when you stamp. Best decision I ever made was to get all the spots!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 09:27 AM   #12  
Stampin' Fool

I too love the spots. They are a great way to get all the ink colors and I just love using them to stamp with also. You will love them for sure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 01:31 PM   #13  
Insane Embellisher

Thqnks to all you lovely ladies for replying to my post!!! I feel heaps better now knowing that you all love your spots and feel I have made a great decision!! Now I just have to be patient (and I am sooooooo not patient) and contain my excitment till they get here! lol

Thanks heaps again everyone!

Hugs

Aussie Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 02:11 PM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

So does anyone have the craft spots yet? If so, what do you think of them? I have all of the full size classic pads and would like to have the craft pads but I know I won't use them as much so I am thinking about getting the craft spots.
Do they stay moist for long?

Whenever I feel blue I start breathing again.
Reply With Quote Likes