Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-12-2006, 08:42 AM   #1  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help finding RAK info!

So I finally joined the RAK group. Got an email over a week ago needing my info-sent it. Heard I'd see the RAK group listed in a few days by going to the following.

Ok So I go under Forums
Then user groups

I see NOTHING for the RAK group. Is it me???
Can anyone tell me if they have access to my info?

Is it me. Could I possibly not be approved yet? All I see is a place for questions/problems.

I can't do any RAK's right now, but wanted to make sure I gained access to the forum KWIM.

Thanks-I am way too computer illiterate! Its a wonder I can email!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2006, 08:45 AM   #2  
mothermcbride

Quote:

Originally Posted by mytime
So I finally joined the RAK group. Got an email over a week ago needing my info-sent it. Heard I'd see the RAK group listed in a few days by going to the following.

Ok So I go under Forums
Then user groups

I see NOTHING for the RAK group. Is it me???
Can anyone tell me if they have access to my info?

Is it me. Could I possibly not be approved yet? All I see is a place for questions/problems.

I can't do any RAK's right now, but wanted to make sure I gained access to the forum KWIM.

Thanks-I am way too computer illiterate! Its a wonder I can email!
Lauren, it takes awhile before everything is finalized. Keep checking. It took a long for me too.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2006, 09:17 AM   #3  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

Lauren- The RAK forums will show up down below your DD forums when you are finally approved. Gina- who does all the approvals, travels a lot I believe and tries to update as often as possible.
Once you are in the RAK forums, there is a master list with the almost 1700 peoples names and addresses.
hth!
Hope all is well with you otherwise!

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2006, 11:51 AM   #4  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Thanks ladies!!! I'll keep checking!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2006, 12:27 PM   #5  
Glitter Guru

Hi Lauren,
I just checked the list and you're not on there....yet! It was last updated on 8/4.
I'll check every couple of days of so and I can let you know when I do see you :-)
Hey, How's the little princess doing these days? Tell her hello from me! :-)
Take care!

Alexa says I'm her mommy's Pretend Stamping Friend....what an honor!

�What we do for Ourselves, dies with Us. What we do for Others and the World, Remains and is Immortal." ~ Albert Pike
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2006, 04:26 PM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks for posting this. I too tried to join the RAK group a couple of days ago. After i sent my initial request, I heard nothing and had no idea how to access it. I think this post has answered my questions. I guess it takes a bit of time to be approved, etc. I wish the sign up process and how it works was a little more clear.... Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2006, 08:37 AM   #7  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by happystamper05
Hi Lauren,
I just checked the list and you're not on there....yet! It was last updated on 8/4.
I'll check every couple of days of so and I can let you know when I do see you :-)
Hey, How's the little princess doing these days? Tell her hello from me! :-)
Take care!
Thanks for asking Renee. Long story-we are having a rough hospitalization. Alexa has lost 17lbs total so shes only 37 lbs right now. Shes on what is called TPN-nourishment thru the IV attached to her port-a-cath. Too much going on.Shes also loaded up with Morphine pump due to horrible case of mucositis (?sp) AKA really bad sores through entire GI tract causing pain, and not eatting/drinking...

BUT shes now in better spirits and seems to have some energy. I just keep praying she continues to get better-slow scary process. I knew there would be "bumps" just happens this one is bigger than I expected.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2006, 09:41 AM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Stamp'n In The Light

Received 277 Likes on 190 Posts

Lauren, we'll keep praying for you and Alexa.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2006, 11:41 AM   #9  
Glitter Guru

Oh, Lauren...
What sad news. I'm so sorry. I knew she was going through another round of chemo. Poor Alexa.... but, she is a trooper and has a strong spirit. She'll get through this.
I'm off to the store right now. Maybe I can find a llittle something to cheer her up.
I'll be sending up extra prayers and good thoughts for you, Alexa, and your whole family.
Are you at home or spending most of your time at the hospital?
Take care of yourself too... I'll be checking in on you guys!
Hugs,
Renee

�What we do for Ourselves, dies with Us. What we do for Others and the World, Remains and is Immortal." ~ Albert Pike
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2006, 05:00 PM   #10  
Glitter Guru

Just wanted to send my best wishes for Alexa...hope she gets better soon, and I'll try to remember to include her in my prayers!

On a side note - also wanted to say that the approval for the RAK group does take some time. As far as I know, it is only moderated by one sweet lady, ginapier here on SCS. Though there are sub-forums moderated by others, like a birthday RAK group, welcome RAK group, and Image RAK group to name a few. Hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2006, 07:54 PM   #11  
Glitter Guru

Lauren,
Just bumping this to the first page so you'll see it.
Thinking good thoughts and saying lots of prayers for Alexa.
Give her a big hug from someone who's thinking of her here in Michigan! :-)
Hugs to all,
Renee

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2006, 08:05 PM   #12  
Hardware Hotshot

Praying for Alexa.

Can you give me a little info about the RAK group? I understand that it stands for Random Acts of Kindness, but do you send cards, gifts, prayers? I am interested but want to know more about it.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:35 PM   #13  
Glitter Guru

Mindo,

Yup, you're right...it does stand for Random Acts of Kindness. You join the group by going to the home page and looking at the lower left (I think), there is a "join user group" area. Go there and join the RAK group. It does take a while, like the others have said because Gina travels a lot. Anyways, within a couple of weeks, you'll receive a PM from Gina asking certain information (i.e. address, email, that kind of stuff). Once she gets that, your information will be added to the RAK group and you're in!

Now, from there, you'll be added to the Welcome group and other SCS members may send you a "welcome" card, your name will also be included on the monthly birthday list and fellow SCS'rs may send you a birthday card. It's all random.

There is a forum similar to this, where you can request RAK's (i.e. RAK my grandmother who's turning 100, etc.) and post your RAK thank you's.

There are also RAK challenges such as, look for 4 people on the list who share your name and send them a card. Another might be.... send a RAK to someone who has a lot of 3's in their zip code, etc. The challenges change weekly (I think).

Other times, you can just "randomly" pick people to send a RAK too and likewise, the same may happen to you. It's fun and it's rewarding. I'm relatively new to the RAK forum myself, so if anyone can explain it better, please do.

Oh yea, one final thing. There is a new "image RAK" where you can request stamp images. For example, let's say I want to make a card out of the Living Large set from SU! but can't or don't want to buy the set right now. I can request a few stamped images stamped on the C/S of my choice and ink of my choice. (Most of the time, it's black stamped on white). I haven't had the chance to partake in that yet, but soon.

Anyways, if you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Hope to see you over there soon!

Have a stamp happy day!

Lauren, still thinking good thoughts for you and Alexa. :-)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2006, 01:48 PM   #14  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Mindo,

Yup, you're right...it does stand for Random Acts of Kindness. You join the group by going to the home page and looking at the lower left (I think), there is a "join user group" area. Go there and join the RAK group. It does take a while, like the others have said because Gina travels a lot. Anyways, within a couple of weeks, you'll receive a PM from Gina asking certain information (i.e. address, email, that kind of stuff). Once she gets that, your information will be added to the RAK group and you're in!

Now, from there, you'll be added to the Welcome group and other SCS members may send you a "welcome" card, your name will also be included on the monthly birthday list and fellow SCS'rs may send you a birthday card. It's all random.

There is a forum similar to this, where you can request RAK's (i.e. RAK my grandmother who's turning 100, etc.) and post your RAK thank you's.

There are also RAK challenges such as, look for 4 people on the list who share your name and send them a card. Another might be.... send a RAK to someone who has a lot of 3's in their zip code, etc. The challenges change weekly (I think).

Other times, you can just "randomly" pick people to send a RAK too and likewise, the same may happen to you. It's fun and it's rewarding. I'm relatively new to the RAK forum myself, so if anyone can explain it better, please do.

Oh yea, one final thing. There is a new "image RAK" where you can request stamp images. For example, let's say I want to make a card out of the Living Large set from SU! but can't or don't want to buy the set right now. I can request a few stamped images stamped on the C/S of my choice and ink of my choice. (Most of the time, it's black stamped on white). I haven't had the chance to partake in that yet, but soon.

Anyways, if you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Hope to see you over there soon!

Have a stamp happy day!

Lauren, still thinking good thoughts for you and Alexa. :-)

Thank you! Is there an amount of "Acts of Kindess" that you need to do. Sometimes life is crazy and it is harder to send cards, or can I participate when I have time?
Old 08-14-2006, 02:05 PM   #15  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Mindo--

There's no "minimum" number - whatever you can do is appreciated. If you sign up for the birthday committee you do get "assigned" a certain number of people to send Birthday cards to each month so that might be considered a "minimum". But otherwise just sign up and let the cards flow!

Lauren - I'm so sorry to hear Alexa is having a rough time! I was worried because there hasn't been much new stuff in your gallery lately (which I view daily ) so I assumed you must be really busy with her. My Alexa set is on it's way and I'll get a card out to her as soon as I can. Take care of yourself!

Julie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2006, 02:11 PM   #16  
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks ladies I think I need to sign up! It would be great to brighten someone's day!
Old 08-14-2006, 02:45 PM   #17  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Oh, Lauren...
What sad news. I'm so sorry. I knew she was going through another round of chemo. Poor Alexa.... but, she is a trooper and has a strong spirit. She'll get through this.
I'm off to the store right now. Maybe I can find a llittle something to cheer her up.
I'll be sending up extra prayers and good thoughts for you, Alexa, and your whole family.
Are you at home or spending most of your time at the hospital?
Take care of yourself too... I'll be checking in on you guys!
Hugs,
Renee
Thanks for the prayers. I stay full time in the hospital with Alexa. I have a "chair by day, bed by night" thing I attempt to sleep on next to her bed. If I were any older my back wouldn't be able to handle it!LOL! I only leave to pick up my food in the cafe or do some laundry at Davids House. Occassionally I may go home to see my other 2 kids, but only if someone else is here with her.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2006, 04:43 AM   #18  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by mytime
Thanks for the prayers. I stay full time in the hospital with Alexa. I have a "chair by day, bed by night" thing I attempt to sleep on next to her bed. If I were any older my back wouldn't be able to handle it!LOL! I only leave to pick up my food in the cafe or do some laundry at Davids House. Occassionally I may go home to see my other 2 kids, but only if someone else is here with her.

((((HUGS to you and Alexa)))))
I'm praying for you guys. Please, please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you. Keep us posted, when you can!
Hugs,
Renee

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2006, 07:47 PM   #19  
Stampin' Fool

Our prayers are with Alexa and family!!

Please take a stroll through my gallery!
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=76367
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2006, 07:53 PM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Lauren {{{{HUGE HUGS}}}} for you and Alexa.
You all (Alexa, you and your family) continue to be in my prayers.

Be Yourself ~ Everyone else is taken ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2006, 07:57 PM   #21  
Hardware Hotshot

Lauren:

I just checked and your name is on the RAK list!

Hope all is well with your little one ... she's such a cutie!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2006, 11:39 PM   #22  
Stampin' Fool

Lauren, we are all keeping you & Alexa in our thoughts and prayers! What a tough road to have to travel, I hope things are going better soon!! Take care.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2006, 07:43 PM   #23  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

((((HUGS)))) and prayers going out to Alexa from NE Ohio. ((HUGS)) to you too Lauren. Hope she starts feeling better soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2006, 08:59 PM   #24  
Die Cut Diva

Has anyone heard from Laura in the last few days?
Lauren, I know you will read this thread when you get a chance, many prayers are headed your way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2006, 09:03 PM   #25  
Die Cut Diva

Just found her current update link.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2006, 12:06 PM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just got home from vacation and my new Alexa set is here; can't wait to put it together and make a card to send to Alexa! Lauren, I hope things are going better; sending hugs and prayers to you!
Reply With Quote Likes