Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-26-2008, 09:07 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help I want to have fun

HELP............ :mrgreen:
I'm trying to find a few games to play at our next get together we have a small stamp club and I want to put some pep into it. I've made card candy, journals, to do lists, purses with $1 stamps in them for door prizes. All kinds of little goodies. But I want a fun way to give them away. Anyone got any ideas I'd love to hear them. Thank you so much for your time!!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2008, 11:10 PM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

Well, my little stamp club, there is only 7 of us. We actually get together and play cards and board games. We each bring stamp stuff, $1.00 stamps, little stamp pads, ribbon,etc, nothing real expensive each time we get together, to put in the prize bag and the winners get a prize. We have a pot luck and have fun. Sorry, I dont know any specific games to play tho.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2008, 02:48 AM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

If everyone brings their own stuff to stamp well then you may see you has what whoever has blender pens,or whatever item you shose to pick they win, or tape #'s to the bottom of chairs whoever has such # wins, who actually was the first to finish project,can you identify this stamp set, person with the longest earrings or another item they are wearing , first person to say a certain word that only you know of ,if they bring a certain food item just little things like that are unexpected and fun. I hope this helps some ,have a great time
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2008, 03:28 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

...how about name that stamp set...if it is a stampin' up stamp club, you could have them name x number of colors in one of the color families, name x number of colors in the in color group, etc...if it is a generic club, name the company that makes this stamp is a fun one...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2008, 05:51 PM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks everyone!! Great ideas. I just felt the need to shake it up a bit!!! I knew I could count on you ladies to come up with some fun!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2008, 07:59 PM   #6  
Crimping Master

Make quick sets of punches and prestamped images (to make a tag or card) and have a short timed contest to see who could finish it fastest using all the pieces or specified pieces;

and/or

have everyone make something and vote for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2008, 08:06 PM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Recently, we did a scrapbooking fundraiser at my school. This may work with your group, depending on your format. We had a stuffed dog which we named "Scrappy the Dog". Whenever someone completed a layout, she got to steal Scrappy to come and sit with her. Every so often, a timer would go off, and whoever held Scrappy at that time could pick a prize out of our basket. As someone else mentioned, the items were inexpensive. It went over well.
I've also played Bingo at other events I've been to. There is a 5x5 grid with different techniques/challenges to meet. When you have done so, you show it to the organizer and can then X it off. As with bingo, five in a row is a winner, and there were prizes. Some of the challenges in the different squares were things such as use a circle punch, do something with a Christmas (or birthday, or whatever) theme, use a photograph, etc.
Recently at a retreat, the organizer did a take on "The Price Is Right". She had a few items and showed them. She picked a few names from a jar and the person closest without going over got the item.
Good luck, and hope these ideas helped!
Reply With Quote Likes