Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-17-2005, 05:03 AM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Need to make wedding invitations.

I'm going to make the wedding invitations for my best friend's third wedding. I will need to make about 100 for May 28th. Does any one have any advise for me to make so many. I've done swaps before but only for 20 at a time.
The wedding will be at their home with a pig picking afterwards. It will be pretty low key but nice. She hasn't decided on colors yet. We are suppose together on Friday hash out all of the plans.
Help
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2005, 05:13 AM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

I made 120 for my Mom's Best Friend recently. My suggestion is to cut the paper on one day, then next day do your stamping, then next assemble, so on and so on... I did all 120 invitations, reply cards, and reception cards in 2 days. My arm was sore for a week afterwards. Don 't overwhelm yourself. Here is the link to the invitations I did for her wedding. They were really simple and I got TONS of compliments on them. Good luck!!

Gallery at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2005, 05:31 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

do a search for invitation (with no s at the end) and you will find lots of great ideas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2005, 05:39 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I am in the process of doing 160 for my brother... they are layered and punched and stamped and sponged and ribboned and ..... you get my drift... my suggestion is this, BEFORE you decide what you are going to do, see how much time the "demo" invite takes you. I have found that the stamping sponging corner punching is not as time consuming as the ribbon at the top! I am doing ribbon AND cording so it is alot of tedious work!
I have attached the one that I am doing to give you a feel for what I am talking about...
Attached Thumbnails
Help! Need to make wedding invitations.-wedding_invite_for_dyl_and_jess_3_email_size_150.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2005, 05:52 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

This is absolutely beautiful… I sure hope they appreciate all the hard work you have put into them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2005, 05:55 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Lea, they are so sweet that they do understand and love me for it...it is my little brother and his soon to be WIFE!!!!!! He is not allowed to be old enough to get married... wasn't it yesterday we were kids playing in the dirt??? :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2005, 06:04 AM   #7  
Embossing Fanatic

I recently made wedding invitations for a friend. I found that once I had the first one made I divided up the prep for all the "parts" and did each part separately. For example, the card had stamping, embossing, and ribbon. So first I cut all the paper to the right size, then I did all the stamping, then went back and added the embossing, then I punched holes and tied on the ribbon. That seemed to chop up the chore and make it easier to make progress.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2005, 06:22 AM   #8  
Crimping Master

I'm making anniversary invitations, but not nearly 100. I plan to do what has been suggested - cut paper one day, stamp one day, assemble one day. If you are doing any coloring, you may want to save a day for that. You can do very elegant invitations without a lot of work.

If you are looking for ideas, do a search for wedding, invitation and don't forget anniversary. When I did the search for anniversary, I saw ideas that would also work for wedding, and vice versa.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2005, 06:22 AM   #9  
Glitter Queen

I've made invites for two weddings now. I'm going to be do invites in April for my folks 50 wedding ann. party.

I like to get a little help if possible. I set it up assembly style. Don't have little children help you though.

I do mine similar to that wonderful sample that was posted above. I do a quarter sheet with something simple/elegant stamped on it. Then I layer it with the vellum. I have printed the announcement on the vellum. You can use corner pockets, etc. to hold the vellum on or just tie it at the top with ribbon/cord. I found that using the SU!'s Double Circle punch (pg. 222 a.8 #104389-$4.95) was a lifesaver. Using a stylus to "punch" the ribbon and cord thru can help. I don't use glue or tape on vellum because it always shows thru - even the "vellum tape" shows a little.

When I made my nephews wedding invites we made it a family event and we all set up to my folks large table and had our own station-did our duty and passed it to the left for the next step. My father even did the dry embossing on the back flap of the envelope. He is now in love with the SU! Empressor and light table - lol Ü.

Hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2005, 06:29 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

I agree to do the steps divided up...it far faster. And just for reference mine are 5x7 so I had to format all the printing on the computer myself...that also takes some time to get it just right...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2005, 07:05 AM   #11  
Crimping Master

A customer of mine just had a great idea. She wants me to do a wedding invite workshop/class for a bunch of friends of the bride. We'll create the designs and pre-cut all the paper in advance. Then, at the get together, I'll teach the friends how to make the invites, and they will then have a workparty to finish all the invites!

As part of the party, I'll also demonstrate good thank yous, place cards, shower invites... the works!

We don't have most of the details worked out yet (she just asked if it was a possibility yesterday), but we're excited!

Stampin' Up! demonstrator with a website!

What Can Lightbulb Do For You?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2005, 06:32 PM   #12  
Kookie Creator

Thanks for all of the ideas.
Reply With Quote Likes