Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-10-2005, 01:23 PM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Rules for selling Stampin Up Cards?

Does anyone out there know that the exact rules are for selling the cards you make with Stampin Up stamps?
My husband works for the State and I want to know if I can put a basket of cards on his desk for other employees to look at and hopefully buy. Is that allowed?
And also can I use other stamps along with Stampin Up stamps on the same card?
I tried e-mailing Stampin Up at their web-site, but they have not replied.
Thanks so much for any help you might have.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2005, 01:42 PM   #2  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Selling SU

Here are the rules...it's rather lengthy... Called the Angel Policy
1. Each craft work created for sale must be stamped by the selling artist and may not be reproduced in any way. Mass production, assembly-line construction, production by workers for hire is strictly prohibited.
2. All craft work created for sale using Stampin' Up! images must be marked with one of the stamps from the official Stampin' Up! Limited License stamp set. Handmade With Love or Handmade With Love II on page 190 of the IB&C.
3. There are no quantity limits for for-sale hand-stamped craft worked that abide by the restrictions as stated.
4. You may sell your craft works at community fund-raisers, seasonal boutiques or bazaars or other temporary craft events. The Stampin' Up! name, trademark or logo cannot be used at any location where personal hand-stamped items are sold, nor may they be used in any manner to solicit sales of such items. Hand-stamped items cannot be sold in any permanent retail location that conducts business in a store, consignment shop, kiosk, mall or internet site nor may they be sold to other vendors for resale purposes nor may they be sold at any Stampin' Up! demonstrator-sponsored events such as workshops, stamp camps, open houses, etc.
5. You may not use Stampin' Up! images for the purposes of creating logos or company trademarks.
6. Persons creating hand-stamped items for sale are responsible for complying with any state and local business and tax regulations.
Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2005, 01:42 PM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is SU's "Angel Policy" which dictates the use of their stamps and applies to everyone (not just demonstrators)

A Heavenly Opportunity from Stampin’ Up!

Now you can sell your artistic creations made with our award-winning images.

At Stampin’ Up!®, we welcome artists who wish to sell their hand-stamped craftwork using our exclusive stamp images. This practice is known as an angel policy, and has been adopted as a benefit to Stampin’ Up! customers and demonstrators. We have granted permission in the form of a limited license to use any Stampin’ Up! stamp images for the purpose of creating craftworks for sale. The policy guidelines are as follows:
Each craftwork created for sale must be personally and individually hand stamped by the selling artist and may not be reproduced or copied in any form by any means, graphic, electronic, or mechanical, including photocopying. Mass production, assembly-line construction, production by workers for hire, or syndication of hand-stamped craftwork for sale is strictly prohibited.
All of Stampin’ Up!’s images are copyrighted (which means that they may not be copied without permission). To help protect the rights granted by these copyrights, all craftwork created for sale using Stampin’ Up! images must be marked with one of the images from the official Stampin’ Up! Limited License stamp sets, Handmade with Love, Handmade with Love II, or our personalized Tag It, On a Whim, and Decorative Design stamps.
There are no quantity limits for for-sale hand-stamped craft works that abide by the restrictions as stated in this policy.
You may sell your craftworks at community fundraisers, seasonal boutiques or bazaars, or other temporary craft events. However, the Stampin’ Up! name, trademarks, or logos cannot be used at any location where personal hand-stamped items are sold, nor may they be used in any manner to solicit sales of such items. Hand-stamped items cannot be sold in any permanent retail location (any location that conducts business in a store, consignment shop, kiosk, mall, or Internet site), nor may they be sold to other vendors for resale purposes, nor may they be sold at Stampin’ Up!–demonstrator-sponsored events such as workshops, stamp camps, open houses, etc.
You may not use Stampin’ Up! images for the purpose of creating logos or company trademarks.
Persons creating hand-stamped items for sale are responsible for complying with any state and local business and tax regulations.
Persons participating in this angel policy assume all liability for suitability of their work and agree to indemnify Stampin’ Up! and its artists from disputes arising from their work.
Stampin’ Up! is a Utah corporation. The laws of the State of Utah govern the policy. The state and federal courts for Salt Lake County, Utah, will have exclusive jurisdiction over any proceeding arising from this policy. Any failure by Stampin’ Up! to enforce any of its rights will not constitute a waiver of such rights.
We hope this policy will help inspire your creativity and present new opportunities for exploring the world of rubber stamping! For more information about our wide selection of stamp sets and accessories, contact your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, or call 1-800-STAMP UP.

I think you would be okay for your husband to take them to work (assuming he doesn't work in a store! ) Lots of people here sell their cards at work.

Good luck! I wish my husband would sell my cards at work!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2005, 07:11 PM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also, you can "mix" stamps from other companies with SU stamps on the same card (I don't see anywhere it says you can't.) I don't know if the other company would also require you to have a stamp on the back like SU does - it would depend on that company's Angel policy.

Good luck!
Julie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2005, 06:43 PM   #5  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Reply from SU!!

Well I received the following e-mail from SU and thought I would post it, so everyone could see.

"Thank you for contacting us with your comments and inquiry regarding our Angel Policy. We appreciate you making us aware of your situation and desire for information. We have included our Angel Policy below for your convenience. As long as our Angel Policy is abided by in full, you may sell your hand-stamped items using our exclusive images. The Angel Policy states:

(I am cutting the Angel Policy since it was posted earlier)

In regard to your specific questions, you may not sell the cards through your husband’s office, as it is not a temporary location, such as a craft fair, fundraiser, or bazaar. However, in regard to your second question, you may use other companies’ stamps in conjunction with Stampin’ Up!’s images, as long as our Angel Policy is abided by. It would probably be in your best interest to look into the other companies’ policies as well."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2005, 07:03 PM   #6  
Embossing Fanatic

looks like its okay to sell from husbands desk, but not if he works in a retail store.
A merry heart makes a happy face; a broken heart crushes the spirit. Proverbs 15:13

*��)
�.�* ��.�*��) �.*�*�)
(�.�� (� ;.*Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2005, 07:19 PM   #7  
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Received 118 Likes on 98 Posts

Um, no, Merry Heart, it says in the paragraph above your post that SU! is calling his office NOT a temporary location. They addressed it very specifically.

So, if he takes them in once, but brings them home and people give you orders, you could do that? SO it's more of a commission sale than a sale by browsing.....

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
"It was fun." - Kirk, Star Trek: Generations
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2005, 07:44 PM   #8  
stu
Stampin' Fool

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Interesting discussion--just wanted to mention that my demo checked with Stampin' Up about selling in an office setting and was told it was okay because it is not a permanent RETAIL location.

Wonder why there's a difference in what information is being relayed from SU?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2005, 08:07 PM   #9  

Very interesting!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2005, 08:46 PM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

If you are an SU demo, then you can not sell them at any of your events. Do any SU demo's out there sell any of their cards, pages or gifts? If so, how?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2005, 09:04 PM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default To: csoule

I think it's okay for demos to sell their cards/projects, just not in a specific Stampin Up! forum (Stamp Camps, home parties, etc). During bazaars, fundraisers, on eBay etc. is acceptable, to my understanding...
Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong!
kim
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2005, 09:20 PM   #12  

Well, I'm a demo. My MIL bought a bunch of anniversary cards from me. I made her some notecards as a gift for one birthday, and she liked them so much, she asked if she could buy some from me.

If people know you make cards, you can always mention when you see them that you would be willing to sell them. You just can't do it at your workshop. But friends, family, and anyone else that finds out.... or if you wanted, you could make up sets to sell at a craft fair, etc.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2005, 07:57 AM   #13  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

FYI - eBay is considered a fixed retail location. It is always open, not a temporary event like a bazaar or craft show.
my pins www.pinterest.com/craftdoc
Reply With Quote Likes