Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-19-2004, 04:13 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help-What to charge for this memo cube with beaded RSVP pen?

I am thinking about making these for my craft show. But I don't know what to sell them for!!! I know if they don't sell I could give them as Christmas gifts,,,,,,
Attached Thumbnails
Help-What to charge for this memo cube with beaded RSVP pen?-shapes___shadows_memo_cube_w-beaded_pen-joan_hajek.jpg  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 04:22 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default stamped cubes/pens

These are hard sells since they cost so much to start with. I bought 2 from someone trying to get rid of them for $1 each and stamped them and tried to sell them for $3...no luck. So good luck with yours. I am not sure where you are from, but people do not seem to want to pay much for crafts here. I know some people can ge $3-5 for cards! I can barely sell for $1! Oh well. Stephanie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 05:20 PM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Default memo cube price

I've been selling mine for 4.75 without pen and 5.75 with pen but I'm in New England and this seems to be an area where crafts sell really well even at higher prices. Good luck on yours.

Laura
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 05:50 PM   #4  
Mad Swapper

I'd say $4-5.
Joy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 05:57 PM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Binkymann

When I try to figure out how much to sell something for I calculate the base cost...so $5.50 for the cube (if bought from stamping up) and $1 for the pen? So if you sell for less than $6.50 you will loose money! That does not include time and re-usable supplies such as ink and stamps.

I would sell them for at least $7. I try to keep the prices on the dollar to avoid dealing with change.

Will they sell? Who knows...depend on the day and the customers! But I would rather give them away as gifts than be loosing money!

I live in Alexandria, VA. I have not sold memo cube, but sell compositons books for $8! And they sell at that price. Do not underrate yourself!

Good luck with your craft fair!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 05:57 PM   #6  
Kookie Creator

I sell my memo cubes only for $5 so I would charge more for both. Maybe $7 or $7.50. Think about it - the plain memo cube from Stampin' Up! is $5.50 isn't it? But minimum $5 for both.

Lisa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 06:28 PM   #7  
Kookie Creator

The cube is $5.50 w/o my discount and the pen is $1 I guess........but since I am saving the them time by prestamping etc., with nice packaging so I would have to charge $6.50 to break even.....so I think I will try $8 and see how it goes. I too would rather give them as gifts before selling them at a loss. We have to look at ourselves as artists too! And this won't be a yard sale so they can't expect things too cheap
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 06:51 PM   #8  
Wish RAK Coordinator

Location: needs some retail therapy....now just to decide what to buy!

I get cubes made at a print shop. The pads are 1/4 of an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet and has 250 sheets on a pad. They sell them to me for $1. I have sold the pad with a beaded pen for $4 and can't keep them in stock. I just had to order 50 more pads. Also sell the same size pad with 500 sheets and a pen for $6 and they sell well too.

Kris
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 07:21 PM   #9  
Forum Fanatic

I get my pads for $1.66 each and my RSVP pens for 30 cents each. Even pre-stamped I wouldn't even look at them for $8. I got gorgeous manatee pads from Sea World a couple years ago for $5 and they were printed and fully colored (dang, wonder what happened to those in the move).

I don't mean to discourage you, but $8 is a LOT at a craft show. Most people are expecting deals when they go to those types of shows. Maybe you could have a sample or two and take orders and have them ready when people are ready to leave.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2004, 02:29 PM   #10  
Mad Swapper

Kymbers-

Where do you get your cubes for $1.66? That is a much better price than $5.50.

I have been hesitant to go to Kinkos or such since I have heard others complain.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2004, 04:30 PM   #11  
Kookie Creator

Well I am not going to sell them less than my cost. I think it all depends on the area you are in. I will rather save them for gifts then sell them at a loss. I was told by a professional marketing consultant that you can either be someone that makes crafts and sell them cheap, or you are an artist. So I am going to go into this with that outlook. She also said if you price your items too cheap people won't buy because they think they are cheap. So I will be positive and see what happens....and not make an over abundance of any one thing. And I can always use anything that doesn't sell for hostess gifts and door prizes at my stamp camps......I will be ahead of the game if it doesn't sell!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2004, 05:14 PM   #12  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amy- www.stamponthis.com has the note cubes for 2.88 I believe! Order in quantitiy and shipping goes down quite a bit. Much better buy than SU!.
Tandra
edit: OK I just read on that site that they arent selling the cubes right now, since the printer that cuts them is way backlogged, since SCS'rs (Im sure!! lol) have bought them all out!!! Sorry!

SA Sistah -Original Swappers Anonymous!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2004, 03:47 AM   #13  
Kookie Creator

But as a SU demonstrator I want to feed my personal sales and not someone elses. I did try some cubes from someone else who did a bulk order and they are not as nice. The paper is uneven on the sides and you don't get that clean crisp image. I think you pay for quality on things like this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2004, 01:54 PM   #14  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Binkyman99
But as a SU demonstrator I want to feed my personal sales and not someone elses. I did try some cubes from someone else who did a bulk order and they are not as nice. The paper is uneven on the sides and you don't get that clean crisp image. I think you pay for quality on things like this.
While I understand this, the $4 mark up PER PAD from them is way out of my league. The ones I get from Pip are clean and crisp and the gal knows me so she takes extra special care and since I've referred people to her, she knows if someone comes in for a cube to be extremely careful. If you tell people your plans they take better care with your request. Just get an adult and not a 15 year old that doesn't care ~ which is the PIP advantage since generally you deal with the owner.

As for area ~ I'm in podunct nowhere NC. If I tried to sell a pad of paper for $8 I'd be laughed out of the craft fair.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2004, 03:22 PM   #15  
Kookie Creator

I am going to PM you so we can have a conversation without clogging up the board here
Reply With Quote Likes