Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-20-2004, 08:22 AM   #41  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the idea of sorting scraps by color groups into drawers. Currently I just have all my scraps in a basket on the top of my table. Not that this is the prettiest solution but I too have a hard time "parting" with scraps I'd be able to use for small circles or something. I currently organize my paper by color groups using my label maker so I think I'm going to do that with the drawer unit as well. Thanks for the tip!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2004, 10:30 AM   #42  
Glitter Guru

I have mine in a big file system, sorted by non SU paper, and then SU paper. My generic papers are sorted by colors, and my SU papers are sorted by types. In each file folder I have a bag that I drop all the scraps in of that color, so that when I go to get a specific color I look and see if I have a scrap that is usable first. I find that if they are in a drawer, I don't want to take the time to look. I got this idea from my mom, who is so organized..I can never be *that* organized, but it is nice to see how organized she is..lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2004, 10:37 AM   #43  
Inking Addict

One more thing - I usually have long strips and short cuts. I bought sone pencil boxes that hold rulers - like 13" long. They work great for being able to flip through strips of paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2005, 11:04 AM   #44  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoiled stamper
Hi. I took an idea I read on this site and it works wonderfully! I put gallon size baggies in the front of each hanging file folder and put scraps into it. I used to have a folder for each color family scraps but found if I didn't see the color right away I'd get out a new piece. Now I am using all of my scraps first! I also took a small scrap of each color, wrote the color name and put it in the tab. This way I can see all the color tabs at a glance.

hth

Cal
I LIKE that idea! I too use baggies, but keep them in a separate place. If I go back to hanging folders I may have to CASE your idea! Thanks for sharing!

Come Visit Me At ... A Work In Progress
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2005, 11:55 AM   #45  
Embossing Fanatic

Wink

OK. Here's my 2 cents.

I, too, sort Su from non SU. I do save even the 1/4 inch pieces. First, when I design a card for a workshop, I begin with the scraps.

Second, if I need a hostess gift or door prize at any part, I'll start there as well. The thin strips become sort of a plaid along the side and bottom of the card. I do this be choosing three or four pieces that match my colors. Then I glue one or two down the side leaving the bottom inch loose, and glue one or two on the bottom leabing the overlapping parts free. I then weave (over, under, over. under) all the loose ends and tack down the last little bit. My friends just love this. I don't do it on every card, but it makes a cool change. Hope I made sense.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2005, 05:32 AM   #46  
Inking Addict

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Just like many of you, if I don't SEE my scraps, I won't use them! I have them hanging right in front of my work table. I have them in page protectors (by color family) attached by a ring clip. It's like a large binder clip. It works great for me and I put in anything smaller than a 1/4 sheet scrap. Larger ones go into my hanging files in front of my full sheets.

I just LOVE the idea of crimping those small pieces for bag filler. Not into quilling, yet?!
Reply With Quote Likes