Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-07-2005, 10:43 AM   #41  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default funds

I get $200 per week from my husband (he's self-employed) to buy everything our household needs (groceries, clothing, most holiday gifts, etc.) Anything leftover I use for scrapbooking/stamping. So it motivates me to shop frugally and make a lot of homemade gifts. I buy our clothing mostly used.
Now that I'm a hobby demo it just translates into me saving aside at least $25 each week from the "grocery money" to meet my quarterly minumum. If a friend buys some SU! products on the side then it's that much easier.
I keep my "gear" in an emptied out closet with the doors removed where I fit a drawing table and 2 small bookcases, plus a big bookcase alongside that. I use the floor or the dining room table in the evening to really spread out my "work".

- krista
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2005, 11:26 AM   #42  
Gallery Gazer

Received 49 Likes on 45 Posts

I trade "favors" for stamp money.

No really.

OK, Dh is a peach, he rarely complains about the money I spend on stamping, just the time....when I drag my arse into bed at 4 cause I wanted to try one more thing with the embossing powder or some such nonsense, then he gets ticked.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:12 PM   #43  
Matboard Maniac

So....am I the only one who automatically adds an extra $20.oo onto the bank card when I go grocery shopping and use that money for stamps? It adds up quickly and no questions asked.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2005, 12:22 PM   #44  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by missibh
What is this mystery shopping you guys are talking about? I'm a SAHM and looking for something to help fund the habit and pay off the credit card (maybe those are one in the same...?).
Can you help?

Yes, please share. I am also a SAHM and a new demo and I am always looking for new ways to help support my stamping habit...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2005, 12:34 PM   #45  
Die Cut Diva

I earn my stamping funds by doing laundry, cleaning toilets, doing dishes, making dinner, raising child (soon children), being a fabulous AF wife (aka...whatever the squadron needs, they call me), and did I mention that I put out? That last one is totally a joke!!!!

As my husband puts it, a happy mama makes a happy family. And a happy mama has lots of rubber, ink, and way too many shoes!

I used to have SAHM guilt about spending...I had always worked full time before our son came. Now that I have a 2 year old...I really do feel that I earn my keep. After all, my husband hasn't done a load of laundry or cleaned a bathroom since I stopped working. It all works out in the end.

Speaking of, the dryer is buzzing...I've got to go "earn" another classic stamp pad...or maybe this one will be a roll of gingham ribbon...

Alison

Raising children is like being pecked to death by a chicken.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2005, 03:37 PM   #46  
Rubber Obsessor

My DH and I have a sortof agreement, that I wont' complain about the mess he makes, I will just clean it up and he will pay me a bit of extra pocket money every week to spend on whatever. This agreement has only just started, but I know exactly where the money will go each time...hahaha...BUT I don't know if I can go on not complaining about the mess he makes as I work part time AND look after everything at home too. Sigh....sometimes I wonder if it's really worth it.....YES OF COURSE IT IS! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2005, 03:48 PM   #47  
Rubber Obsessor

I earn my stamping funds by doing laundry, cleaning toilets, doing dishes, making dinner, raising child (soon children), being a fabulous AF wife (aka...whatever the squadron needs, they call me), and did I mention that I put out? That last one is totally a joke!!!!

I like your style!!! And you're right... that is how I earn my $ too - not the AF part but same with where my hubby works...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2005, 03:48 PM   #48  
Rubber Obsessor

ooppps I think I did the quote thing wrong!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2005, 08:54 PM   #49  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliGal
I work a full time job that pays the regular bills - but to fund my addiction, I mystery shop.......Shopping & Stamping go very well together!!! :cool:

How do you "mystery shop"?????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2005, 08:59 PM   #50  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaperKat
So....am I the only one who automatically adds an extra $20.oo onto the bank card when I go grocery shopping and use that money for stamps? It adds up quickly and no questions asked.

Oh that's a good one!!!!
Too funny!

I baby sit for my next door neighbor. She has a 2 year old and I keep her one or two days a week for $25 a day. Mostly I have a blast playing with her so it's not about the money. BUT......I save that up and when I have several days worth I start thinking about what I "need" out of the catalogue!!
I also do secretarial work for a guy that used to be my client before we moved to another state. He actually lived in both places and now has me work for him for $20/hr here and there. So that's how I do it.

I would love to do the mystery shopper thing though!!!! PLEASE SHARE!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2005, 02:34 AM   #51  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

I have been a SAHM for almost 15 years now and love it... DH spends money on his gun collecting hobby and I spend what I want on stamps.. it's a win win situation here...
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2005, 11:05 PM   #52  
Crimping Master

I work and DH works. DH collects Stanley Cup books and stuff. He also plays old timers hockey which is really expensive. My stamps are cheap in comparison so he doesn't complain at all. Also, he has run out space in his den for a huge pile of hockey magazines and I'm letting him use a wall of my stamping room. If he ever starts grumbling, I threaten to move all his magazines out of my room. He then backtracks and changes the subject.
Ha ha
C

http://sailingwithscissors.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2005, 11:58 PM   #53  
Polyshrink Goddess

i work full-time but my boyfriend's income is used for all living expense & savings since he has two jobs. my paycheck is for my stamping habbit & shopping! yes...i am veryyyyyy lucky!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2005, 12:09 AM   #54  
Mad Swapper

I to am a SAHM and DH loves that we don't have to pay the ridiculous amount of daycare that we did when I was working, so b/c I'm home all day with the kids, doing all the housework, running the kids around town (poor me), I get to buy what I want.

I do work 2 days a month in a scrapbook store and the $ is mine and I'm a CM consultant, not doing much with that right now but the occansional sale of in stock product helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2005, 03:26 AM   #55  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmeeks
I work full time (salaried, 60-70 hours week) and also do secret shopper work. I've done some demo's at LSS too for trade of product. I've sold cards from time to time; but really do not find that supports my habit!!!
How do you get the secret shopper work? I like shopping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2005, 07:34 AM   #56  
Polyshrink Goddess

I sell cars to support my "bad habits"...I'm lucky my soon-to-be-husband doesn't have any expensive hobbies, I have them all! I just got my third horse <what was I thinking?> and with a room full of rubber stamps and stuff, it keeps me motivated all day to make "just one more phone call"...I keep thinking the one more phone call might just fund the next big SU purchase! Ah well, at least it keeps me optimistic, which is invaluble right now. we are trying to save up for our wedding on May 7, and of course I'm doing my part! I have to make save the date cards, invitations, bachelorette invites, bridal party invites, rehersal dinner invites, which all adds up to...MORE STAMPS!

Kristen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2005, 06:07 AM   #57  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapmo
How do you get the secret shopper work? I like shopping!
Can anyone fill us in on this mystery shopping thing? Sounds interesting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2005, 06:26 AM   #58  
Glitter Guru

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I work part time, so most of my check goes to my SU demo. Dh doesn't say a word, he has his fishing and hunting things and needless to say, they aren't cheap. He never says a word about what I spend or how I spend it as long as the mortage, ultitlies are paid...and there is food in the house. He says whatever makes me happy...and LOL buying SU makes me happy. NOW if I could only convince him we need to knock out a wall to make my room bigger, I'd have it made. LOL but he won't go for that.

Travelinscrapper
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2005, 06:27 AM   #59  
Pearl-ExPert

Stamping is cheap compared to my other hobbies! My $5000 sewing/embroidery machine was a much bigger investment!

I work here and there to fund my hobbies; I do alterations and embroidery work mostly. My neighbors come to me when they want a customized birthday or baby gift. I also hand dye wool yarn and sell it to fellow knitting addicts.

Basically, my hobbies are my work, and I love it!
Reply With Quote Likes