Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-20-2006, 09:43 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to downsize??

Right now I have a room for my craft stuff. And I have a lot of craft stuff!

I stamp, scrapbook, crochet, mosaic, stencil, etc. Plus tons of random craft stuff.

We are trying to move and when we will, we will be downsizing! What I will get is a part of the guest room and my stuff will need to be hidden. Basically I will have a six foot tall cabinet with doors, about four feet wide, and one folding six foot table that I will slide under the bed when guests come, so nothing permanent can be one it.

Any recommendations for organization? Those of you that have smaller craft areas, how do you have your stuff? I am a little worried about it all.

One of my bigger worries is my paper. How do I store it so it is portable, compact and yet not annoying to get to?

SAHM to Taryn 1/23/07 & Alaina 8/30/08
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2006, 11:56 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

I lived in a one bedroom from years before buying a house. I kept most of my stuff in those 6 drawer plastic towers with wheels. They were cheap at Staples. Then I could just roll them into a closet. I keep my paper in a large plastic file box and the paper is in hanging folders. I also got this at Staples. I used to have two little ones because they fit on top of the storage drawers. I also do many other crafts outside of stamping and finally had to get real about what stuff I was going to use. It was hard parting with my fabric, but I haven't touched it in years and just don't have the time in the near future. Good luck! There is a place in the gallery with pictures of people's stamping spaces. There are some great ones of SCS'ers in Japan where space is limited.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2006, 12:28 PM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

You could convert your stamps to the unmounted system, the stamps will store in cd cases, you will be able to get rid of the wood blocks! I find that I have room for more stamps. When I get stampin up stamps I convert them right away and sell my wood blocks on ebay. Your old cases that the stamps are in are great for storing supplies.

I store my paper in hanging files. It also makes it easy to find them.

Hope this helps!

Good luck!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes