Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-13-2005, 08:01 AM   #41  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Officially, with SU! since September 2004, but learned a bit about stamping when I worked in a craft store in 1997.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2005, 09:01 AM   #42  
Rubber Obsessor

Smile

I started stamping in late 2000. My Mom had been invited to a stamp party shortly before that and she liked it so much that she had one too, she invited me and the rest is history. I was so mad that I hadn't heard of it sooner because I had just made our wedding scrapbook (first one of those too) the month before and now I look at and want to rip it all a part and do a "good" one. Anyways, 5 years later and I am such a stamp-a-holic that when we bought a house a couple years ago one of my main concerns is having an extra room for my stamping...and I got it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2005, 10:39 AM   #43  
Insane Embellisher

I was introduced to SU in Jan 03. I bought a bunch of stuff but then just stared at it for awhile because it was soooooooo overwelming. Just in the last year have I been doing a lot more. And I love it!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2005, 10:42 AM   #44  
Die Cut Diva

It will be 3 years in March. I started out with a few stamps and ink in a shoebox and assumed I wouldn't need anything bigger to keep them in! LOL...what was I thinking?!?!?! All I'm going to say is that my DS and I haven't eaten a meal at the table in almost 3 years!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2005, 10:48 AM   #45  
Polyshrink Goddess

I was up North staying at a friends cottage, and we decided to go to this craft show in town. It just was a small event with every type of craft thing you could think of. I browsed around and found this little stand with rubber stamps embossing powder and cards. I feel in love with this little kit, it had powders (3) and 3 stamps, a package of blank cards and envelopes. I bought it for 10 bucks. I then ran into my grandma who had a stand there ( that blew me away seeing her there) Anyways she bought me some china horses.

I made some cards that year for birthdays. I stopped for a few years, and then I started scrapbooking and stamping came along with it. I go thru phases sometimes it is scrapbooking other stamping but I need to get some more sets and ink, and then I can make cards all year not just a few birthday and christmas ones.

Oh I still have my first set of stamps lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2005, 10:52 AM   #46  
Die Cut Diva

Default --and to think it was an innocent invitation

2 1/2 years ago I was getting my haircut and discussed needing a new hobby with my hairdresser. She invited me to an SU party. My first order was over $100 and then I signed up as a demo within 2 weeks. I started out with a cupboard in the dining room, then an area in the rumpus room, now a 8 x 10 craft room and I have already measured DD's room to move my stuff in there when she moves away to University next month. Don't ask me how many sets I own, because not only do I get hooked on the new ones, I love collecting the old ones....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2005, 10:56 AM   #47  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't know what a rubber stamp was until March of 2003....so I have been stamping about two and a half years...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2005, 11:08 AM   #48  
Rubber Obsessor

When I was a kid I did it a bit, even did some embossing. But many crafts later, I am back. I went to a SU! show a year ago or two, didn't really get it. Now a friend of mine is a dem and started a stamp club. I go every month and learn something new, and that is what has gotten me hooked!

SAHM to Taryn 1/23/07 & Alaina 8/30/08
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2005, 12:24 PM   #49  
Kookie Creator

In 1994 I was stationed in Korea and my roomate had a container of stamping supplies. She showed me how to use them and I made cards to send to my ds. When I got back to the states I saw a flyer that classes were being held at a high school. The instructor happened to be a SU demo and I went to a few stamp camps at her house. I loved the fact that these came in sets and she had great ideas. When my ds turned 19 he moved out and I had his bedroom converted ino my craft room in less than a week--no he doesn't let me live that down. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2005, 12:41 PM   #50  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sereikastamper
I didn't know what a rubber stamp was until March of 2003....so I have been stamping about two and a half years...
lol! From looking at your gallery, you definitely know what a rubber stamp is now!! I love your work!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2005, 12:53 PM   #51  
Stazon Splitcoast

I started about 9 years ago. I'd been buying stamps every for a couple of years, had the embossing gun (had no clue what it was for or how to use it, but I bought it!), etc. So we moved to CA and in Vacaville there was a store offering Stamping 101. I think I must have learned of them through a scrapbooking magazine. Well I took a class and got going. I met someone that sold D.O.T.S. (CTMH now) and bought a lot from them and kept going. It was a few years later that a neighbor let me see a SU catalog and I placed a large order and kept ordering.

Reply With Quote Likes