Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-21-2005, 05:13 AM   #41  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I am making about 80 cards for myself and then another 25 for my mother-in-lae, and 30+ for my mom. The first year I made all the same design and I got bored with it, last year a just did a couple different designs. This year I am making 10 of each design. This gives me a chance to use all the different holiday stamps I have and I do not get tired of making one design. Most of my designs are pretty simple but I have designed a few cards with more details for those on my list who I want to impress with my creativity!

I started making my cards this summer and I just have about 30 more to make. Which I plan on completeing very soon. We are moving in December, so I have to get everything done ahead of time - the packers will be here in November!

SCS memeber # 27799
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2005, 05:21 AM   #42  
Pearl-ExPert

This is only my 2nd year of making cards. I make all the cards I send to family and friends myself but that only equals around 25 cards. (I cut my list to the bone years ago plus I don't have a huge family)

However, I do make cards to sell and enjoy coming up with different ideas so I make 4 of each design I come up with to sell and the rest I make from special orders so each one of thos will be unique. I only sold to a small number of people last Christmas as I'd only just started making cards in December but my client list has grown all year and I don't really know how many cards will be needed.

Kelly Bee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2005, 06:02 AM   #43  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurstan
I usually send about 40 and this year I plan to make them all... it's also my first year with SU!

Same here. I've been stamping since Feb and will make my cards this year (actually I already have). I've made 40, but I think I only have 35 on my list.
I made them piece by piece over a few week stretch. Like all the background stamping, then all the image stamping, then all the blender pen coloring, etc...I *really* narrowd down my list this year though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2005, 01:06 PM   #44  
Die Cut Diva

200 +????????? How in the world do you send that many cards. I never sent Christmas cards until the year after I was married. That year I sent a card for every family invited to the wedding. It was about 100. The next year I send as many Christmas cards as I recieved, about 40. After that I stopped sending to people that I did not recieve a card to after 2 years. Are they even recieving them? Now that I started making cards I like to send more. The first year I made cards I sent 11. Last year was about 20. This year I'm not sure yet but probably a little more but definately less than 40.

"Forget regret or life is yours to miss." - Jonathan Larson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2005, 01:16 PM   #45  
Gabfest Goddess

I do 80 to 100 cards for myself each year. It seems like I every time I cross a couple names off the list I add a few more. I make most of them the same, except for the younger nieces/nephews I send to. Can't send kids in the same family all the same card, you know! Last year I also made 30 cards for one friend, and just finished the 50 she requested this year. Now to just get mine done! :(

Heather

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2005, 04:02 AM   #46  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am making all of my cards this year but there is very little stamping on them. I am using a really pretty printed background paper, very vanilla and real red paper, and sheer hunter ribbon that will be tied in a bow. The only stamping will be on a tag that will say Merry Christmas and the saying on the inside. I have everything precut and I have started putting some together. I am having surgery on November 9th so I hope to have them done before then
-:�:- ((��.��*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2005, 04:31 AM   #47  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by duffgirl
My problem isn't stamping, it is writing something in each one. I like to personalize and write something unique, and that is what cramps my hand, OUCH!
This is my problem too. I have to write a little something personal in each one. Christmas cards can be wonderful (I personally love having my Christmas music on and writing something to each person. This causes me to think about that particular person or family, and that is an important part of Christmas for me) On the other hand, Christmas cards can be a very "cheesy" thing....you know, one of those things.....well, so and so gave me a card so I had better give them one too. Then they pull out the box of 20 cards that they bought from the dollar store and just write their signature in it. They don't put your name on the inside of the card or the envelope, and they just hand it to you. Anyway I am not being really being critical, and I can't judge another person's motive, but I would really rather that they not waste their time or their card. I don't expect a card from them just because I send them one. That isn't what it is about for me. Again, I know that I can't judge another person's motive. It is just "one of those things" for me.

Anyway, I generally do between 80 and 100 personalized, handmade cards (I am starting them this weekend. I already have the envelopes addressed.). I do the same design for ease of mass-producing and so that I don't start "categorizing" people. One year I made many different designs and then I felt like I was "categorizing" people by thinking......Hmmmm.....I won't use this "wow" card on this family.......this person only gets this card, not that one. Do you understand? Doing Christmas cards is one of the reasons I love stamping. I look forward to it every year.

Sorry for the long post. I babbled a lot.
Member #2888
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2005, 07:25 AM   #48  
Hardware Hotshot

I've been making all my Christmas cards since I became a demo 10 years ago. I do about 125.

Just between you & me (NOW DON'T TELL) I honestly wish sometimes that I could just send some bought cards. It would lighten the load around the Christmas season so much. However I've always felt obligated to make eversingle one assuming that folks would give me a fit if I sent a bought one when they know I "do SU"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2005, 07:43 AM   #49  
Kookie Creator

I have made already about 50 all different cards. This leaves me with a few extra for those I may have missed. For the family and close friends I have made real special ones and the rest just special. Have been doing this for years now, but only the last two with stamping. Used to make them completely on the computer. Stamping is so much more interesting. I use premade envies but do stamp on the outside of them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2005, 07:54 AM   #50  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

My list is different every year and seems to get smaller and smaller. IF I DON'T receive a card from someone within the last 2 years they get dropped from my list. It gets expensive to send people cards that in my opinion don't appreciate the thought and can't send one back!! So with that being said I send about 40 a year. I have a small group from SCS that we stay in touch with each other so that is another 30 so it should be about 70 this year... i yi yi...
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2005, 04:41 PM   #51  
Glitter Guru

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I usually make 100 - 120 card and send them all. Typically, I have about 10 designs. For people who don't appreciate the effort, I make simple (but elegant) cards. For my parents and other very special people my card is an original, only design and more complicated.
Reply With Quote Likes