Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-03-2005, 08:12 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to neighbor_nancy
Default How many is TOO many uploads by one person?

Maybe I'm just being picky. I love looking at samples and getting ideas, even when Non-SU. On the other hand, how many is too many samples being uploaded by one person?

Even when setting my preferences to 24/page, one person seems to have loaded many pages of their own samples today. They just happened to be Non-SU.

I know this cannot be controlled by the site, but is there any way to request a 5-10 samples at a time limit per upload, regardless of company affiliation?

What do you folks feel about this? Am I just being too picky? I certainly don't want to discourage anyone from sharing!

All my best,

Nancy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2005, 08:15 AM   #2  
Forum Fanatic

Location: Oil...Hot Pan...Gordon Ramsay sexiest man alive...Done.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess I'm always happy to see samples, be it from 1 person or 100. I think it's great that people are willing to share their creativity and I think we should encourage everyone to contribute to the gallery.

Maybe this person hadn't uploaded in a while and had a lot to share?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2005, 08:21 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

I think they should be able to share everything they want to. I love looking at all the samples and getting lots of ideas from them. Just my opinion.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2005, 08:22 AM   #4  
The Digi-Freak

I think those were all RAK's she had received, so she wanted to give them credit.

If that were a daily thing, though, yes it would be annoying

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2005, 08:24 AM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

Wink

I was thinking the same thing as I was patiently waiting to get to the end of all the madness!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2005, 09:02 AM   #6  
Crimping Master

I appreciate anything that anyone posts and I think it is probably easier to do a major uplaod at one time, at least it would be for me, I don't have a gllaery but if I was to start one I would be adding all the cards that I have at one time and then adding more as I went, if people are really bothered by this though maybe I should rethink starting one...I don't mean that to be snarky just wouldn't have ever thought a thing about doing it that way if this wasn't posted

I now have a gallery!! www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/miss_missy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2005, 09:34 AM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

Speaking of uploading...is there anyway to upload more than one card at a time. I have dial-up and find it a long process to upload one item at a time.

Concerning limiting uploads, I'm here to see what everyone has to share. ;) Keep sharing as many as you want!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2005, 09:50 AM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Yes, more than one at a time...

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinsweeney
Speaking of uploading...is there anyway to upload more than one card at a time. I have dial-up and find it a long process to upload one item at a time.
Yes, it is actually pretty simple to upload more than one card at a time. One can just highlight a number of files at the same time after you select the "browse" feature.

I would never request that the number of samples be limited - just that perhaps not so many all at once...I was just feeling like SCS was being hijacked for someone's personal website storage rather than just sharing with us SU folks. In the ones I looked at, no credit to designer or name of stamp sets were given...Obviously most of you don't mind over 40 images in a row today and I'm in the minority. I must be too picky today, I guess!

All my best,

Nancy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2005, 10:20 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Smile

Can I just say THANK YOU to everyone who posted on this topic. It was refreshing to see a topic where folks did not necessarily agree, but where everyone remained civil and thoughful in responses. It is refreshing .

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2005, 10:46 AM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

I look at the card, not the person that uploaded it, so thank you for all the uploads and ideas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2005, 10:53 AM   #11  
Forum Fanatic

I think we are getting "upload" mixed up. NO ~ there is no longer a way to upload more than one card at a time. It's a glitch in the new software. One at a time is all you can do right now, but Daven is working on it.

Second ~ I don't think we should limit anyone's creativity. If someone wants 100 samples in their gallery and they are going to take the time to do it, so be it. Let them.

As for storage ~ well, since Yahoo has free storage of pictures, I don't think people are posting pics to save money. I think people love what they do and love sharing it. That's why I post my samples. All 8+ pages.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2005, 11:10 AM   #12  
Cardstock Collector

I too think that there should be no limit. I love seeing everything. I don't have a didital camera, but if I did I would upload all of my samples as soon as I could.

Just my 2 cents.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2005, 11:12 AM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default The original question was...

Quote:

Originally Posted by neighbor_nancy
Maybe I'm just being picky. I love looking at samples and getting ideas, even when Non-SU. On the other hand, how many is too many samples being uploaded by one person?

Even when setting my preferences to 24/page, one person seems to have loaded many pages of their own samples today. They just happened to be Non-SU.

I know this cannot be controlled by the site, but is there any way to request a 5-10 samples at a time limit per upload, regardless of company affiliation?

What do you folks feel about this? Am I just being too picky? I certainly don't want to discourage anyone from sharing!
I just want to remind future posters by kicking the original question to the top - no one was ever suggesting anyone's creativity be restricted. Boy am I sorry I ever posted the question... I think we've had enough discussion on this. I've already accepted that others think I'm too picky on this and enough is enough.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2005, 11:27 AM   #14  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by neighbor_nancy
I just want to remind future posters by kicking the original question to the top - no one was ever suggesting anyone's creativity be restricted. Boy am I sorry I ever posted the question... I think we've had enough discussion on this. I've already accepted that others think I'm too picky on this and enough is enough.
You now sound like you are getting upset and I thought the thread was going well, I don't think anyone thought you were trying to restrict creativity they were just saying that they thought it was fine...please don't get upset or think that your question was a bad one to ask, all questions are ok, everyone just doesn't agree on the answer, but as long as it stays civil, like this one was, then I think it is ok.

I now have a gallery!! www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/miss_missy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2005, 12:02 PM   #15  
Kookie Creator

Being new at this, I welcome any and all samples put out so I can get inspired! Yay!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2005, 12:52 PM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

I understand your point about many uploads from a single person at one time -- I know it's easier all at once but spacing them out and not flooding the gallery allows for a mix of cards to be shown at any one time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2005, 01:28 PM   #17  
Gabfest Goddess

I don't think there should be a limit, but what I DON'T like about multiple uploads is that the people who do this don't take the time to include a "recipe"! I will rarely comment on a card when the stamper hasn't taken the time to enter a little information about the design. Sharing information is the most important reason for uploading work. Otherwise it's just a "Hey! Look at me!" kind of thing! That's just my opinion, for what it's worth.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2005, 01:38 PM   #18  
SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmm-I prefer when people add in info. If I like a card then I want some info on it, ya know? But that is just me.
What I don't really care for is when people upload the same card with teeny tiny variations from one card to the next-like moved the tag from one side to the next, or move a greeting around a page, or only change colors, or have a vertical and horizontal card that is the same. IMO (and I totally know that it is okay if you disagree with it) they should be scanned together so that in one glance you can see the variations made.
Plus I *personally* do not like EXACT/direct CASEs. If you change some things from another users idea, then I want to see how you changed it along with the credit to the 1st person, but doing it exactly the same does not float my boat, if you know what I mean.

wow-maybe I am crabby today? LOL

*the views expressed in this posting only represent the views of camsmom, and should not be seen as a reflection of the opinions of the SCS team, LOL:p *

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2005, 02:04 PM   #19  
Gabfest Goddess

Wink

camsmom said,"....or move a greeting around a page, or only change colors"

ROTFL!!! Britta, I have never done this until just a few minutes before I read this post! My cards are always one-of-a-kind, but today I was under pressure to make several Mother's Day cards, so I weakened! Then I come here and read this! Too funny! I promise I won't ever do it again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2005, 02:11 PM   #20  
Watercolor Wizard

What Britta said ;) I couldn't agree more:

What I don't really care for is when people upload the same card with teeny tiny variations from one card to the next-like moved the tag from one side to the next, or move a greeting around a page, or only change colors, or have a vertical and horizontal card that is the same.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2005, 02:32 PM   #21  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Heart
what I DON'T like about multiple uploads is that the people who do this don't take the time to include a "recipe"! I will rarely comment on a card when the stamper hasn't taken the time to enter a little information about the design. Sharing information is the most important reason for uploading work
Just to prove that there are as many opinioins as there are people <VBG>...

I think it is nice when people do share directions but I really don't care one way or the other about that. To me the point of uploading is to share the visual image.. it's like going to a museum to look at all the artwork. I prefer to look, be inspired, and come up with my own directions.

Back to the original question... I rarely look at the artist's name so no, it doesn't bother me if several in a row are posted by the same person.

I also have to agree with miss missy is hoping that the original poster isn't feeling upset with all the different opinions. It was a nice question to ask and an interesting conversation because of all the different points of view.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2005, 04:01 PM   #22  
Hardware Hotshot

ohhh I hope I didn't offend anyone. I finally had the cance to finish uploaded the Psalm 139 book I made and I didn't post recipes cause well I didn't and I was going to put them in an album in my gallery. Now I am not sure if I offended someone by adding the rest of my uploads today with no recipes. which I usually do add the recipes, but I didn't since it was a themed scrapbook that I used SU chalks and SU beads, but not all SU paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2005, 04:17 PM   #23  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

I don't think there should be a limit, but what I DON'T like about multiple uploads is that the people who do this don't take the time to include a "recipe"! I will rarely comment on a card when the stamper hasn't taken the time to enter a little information about the design. Sharing information is the most important reason for uploading work. Otherwise it's just a "Hey! Look at me!" kind of thing! That's just my opinion, for what it's worth.
Very well said! If the one posting doesn't bother to provide much information, then I'm not very motivated to bother with a comment. However, on occasion I have been known to "nag" for more information. ;) Linda

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2005, 04:30 PM   #24  
SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

camsmom said,"....or move a greeting around a page, or only change colors"

ROTFL!!! Britta, I have never done this until just a few minutes before I read this post! My cards are always one-of-a-kind, but today I was under pressure to make several Mother's Day cards, so I weakened! Then I come here and read this! Too funny! I promise I won't ever do it again!
haha! honestly a pair or so doesn't bug me-but I have seen like 8 of teh same cards that were almost identical.
Glad you weren't offended by my rantings! LOL

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2005, 04:48 PM   #25  
Pearl-ExPert

Default no limits

I don't think there should be any limits either. Consider that in a day or two that massive addition will no longer show up on the "latest additions" anyway. And especially if someone has received so much kindness from "strangers" - I think it's an excellent way to say thank you by posting their cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2005, 04:49 PM   #26  
Gabfest Goddess

Britta,
I really did get a chuckle out of it! It takes a lot to offend me....guess I'm just so old I've developed a thick hide! LOL!!! Actually I've learned not to take anything personal. Opinions are just that...opinions, and everyone is entitled to have one (or many!)
You couldn't possibly have been addressing me anyway. My duplicates weren't even approved the last I checked. I was just trying to give you a hard time!

Furph's wife,
Please don't let my rantings upset you! No ill feelings intended towards anyone, just a general statement.
Reply With Quote Likes