Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-03-2006, 06:38 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Husband had to agree...

Last night my husband was putting together a playbook for a football program he is doing for 5th and 6th graders this summer. I purchased some page protectors for him... that was all he asked for. I was making some cards last night and my husband came in with a big pile of papers (inside the protectors) and said, "Do you have anything to hold these together with? I need something to put in these holes so the coaches can just flip through the pages."

I laughed a bit to myself because when I was buying the protectors I wondered how he planned to hold them all together.... He only asked for the protectors... that was all he was going to get! ;) I said, "Give me a minute and let me thing about it." I started looking around at my crafting stuff and remembered some book rings that I had for some card organizers I had made. I pulled them right out of the drawer (I actually knew right where they were) and showed him how to use them (like a little kid... you pull each side out away from eachother.. and then you squeeze to close it). Then he said, "Well, how do I keep the papers from slipping out." I said, "You just need a small piece of clear tape." He said, "Do you have any of that" while his eyes were searching all over my table.. I said, "Well, I just happen to have some of that right here in this basket" with a smile! Then I said, "See, all this stuff is important and useful... aren't you glad I had it all?" He had to agree!

Just thought I'd share that little story - wonder if anyone else has something similar!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2006, 06:39 PM   #2  
Sassy Shani

Love the story! Good for you! :mrgreen:
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2006, 06:44 PM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

yeah, they all benefit in the long run, every once in awhile they call upon our stamping super powers to rescue them
Megan arrived 3/16/09
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2006, 07:17 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

No stories?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2006, 08:23 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

The only thing I can compare to is my mother was up visiting a couple weeks ago and she was astonished at my craft supplies. (She hasn't seen my in two years since we are stationed in Alaska too expensive to fly out) She said I just can't imagine needing that many cards. Well when she left I stocked her up and let her take a good portion of my stock and told her don't worry I can always make more. She just called today and said she has already used 20! She had lots of little notes and birthday and what not and how nice it was to have them all on hand . She said everyone keeps telling me how lovely my cards are and where do I find some like it !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2006, 08:33 PM   #6  
Embossing Fanatic

This story is too cute. I can just picture him (if he's anything like my hubby), he was walking around the house in a frenzy not able to think straight! Isn't that a gene that men inherit?

TFS and kudos for your DH to realize how important all of your stamp goods are!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2006, 08:38 PM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

DH had a sheet of new codes he needed in the van with him to refer to at work daily ubtil they memorized the new codes. After one day it was a mess and he planned to putit in our copier and make "about 100 copies", since he said it would take his partner at least that long to memorize them... well i said,"Seems like you just need to have one that is laminated.". Wow was he impressed when I ran one through my big Xyron :p And they have used this one for about 2 months now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2006, 08:46 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks for the stories! I love these! I love proving to hubbies that we are just as handy! Actually - I am WAY more handy than my husband ever will be! His mother once told me that when he was younger his dad was teaching his older brother to change the oil in the car. He called my husband over (Mark) and said, you'd better watch and learn. My husband about 13 then, said "No thanks! I'm going to make enough money some day that I will pay someone to do it." Well, he is a barber now (with his dad) so we are not Rich for sure, but we can afford to get our oil changed at Wal-Mart! : )

My husband is soo not handy that one time when he was building a tiny little cart that I had purchased for a water jug ... he put a piece upside down and when I came in the room he was just mad and said "Well, if you had been in here helping me, I wouldn't have messed it up!" So I build all those things now - he can lift the heavy parts... I just have to tell him where to put them! You should have seen our bunny rabit hutch thing...oh it was dreadful!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2006, 05:07 AM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

My classic "hubby needs my stamp stuff" story is from last year. He and a friend were rebuilding a motorcyle engine, and the gaskets they had gotten were the wrong size. He made new ones using my chipboard and punches. Too funny!!
Be joyful because you have hope. Be patient when trouble comes, and pray at all times. Romans 12:12 (NCV)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2006, 05:37 AM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kisamari
Last night my husband was putting together a playbook for a football program he is doing for 5th and 6th graders this summer.
Just thought I'd share that little story - wonder if anyone else has something similar!
Awww, I love football coaching stories. My DH used to coach football (he's a H.S. administrator now, and can't coach at the same time) and I would use my Xyron to laminate his practice schedules every day. We also used the Xyron to make personalized locker magnets for each player to use in the football locker room. And we made business-card-sized magnetic game schedules to give to each family. Now he occasionally asks me to use my Fiskars trimmer to cut stuff for him. He thinks all my crafty stuff is pretty cool!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2006, 03:50 PM   #11  
Mad Swapper

I have a SIL that scrapbooks, but doesn't make cards (Yet). She is always kidding me about my huge stash of supplies. I decided to bring her a lunchbox tin with a stash of cards. She has twins that are a year old, but both have health issues due to being 3 months early. She also has a 2 1/2 yr. old. Needless to say, she doesn't have much time to shop.

She was amazed with my cards and the time I took to make her the special gift. I don't think she'll tease me anymore.

Jeanette
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2006, 04:00 PM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

Well...my daughter was attending her first formal dance this past Valentine's Day, and her feet kept sliding out of her shoes (slides) because of her pantyhose, soooo....we got out the sticky strip and taped her feet to her shoes! It worked...she thought I was a genius!:cool:

Lisa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2006, 04:02 PM   #13  
Insane Embellisher

My husband is always asking me to laminate something for him with my Xyron. He also loves to use my light table and cutting tools. I just say "aren't you glad that I have all these toys (as he calls them)?" And he has to say YES!

Click here...I dare you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2006, 04:03 PM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinwyoming
Well...my daughter was attending her first formal dance this past Valentine's Day, and her feet kept sliding out of her shoes (slides) because of her pantyhose, soooo....we got out the sticky strip and taped her feet to her shoes! It worked...she thought I was a genius!:cool:

Lisa

Way too funny! I bet that sticky strip would work for other "wardrobe malfunctions" as well!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2006, 04:20 PM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

my hubby doesnt own an exacto knife, and i do.. and he and a friend were installing his new speakers to his stereo system, and they needed to slice some wires.. so i told him (friend) to go get my exacto from my stampin closet.. he didnt know what one was.. (it surprises me that men dont know what they are, i know because my step father used one for everything growing up..) and it was too large, so i said, ooh.. i have just the thing for you..
i brought him my coluzzle knife.. and he was amazed.. and loved it. it moved, to fit in the tiny place, it was small enough to work.. it was funny that my coluzzle blade sliced tiny wires.

Photographer serving the SE Houston area
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2006, 04:53 PM   #16  
Insane Embellisher

My husband had printed off a bunch of manuals from his work to study for his next advancement test. He was getting frustrated because they kept getting messed up and out of order. Finally he asked what he could do...

RUBICOIL, BABY! Now he is always finding reasons to go thru my gadgets!
Karen's Doodles, DogGone Stamps, Pixie Dust Studio, I {Heart} Copics, The Stamping Boutique, Shirleys2girls, KLM Designs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2006, 05:22 PM   #17  
Forum Fanatic

Right after we moved we realized we didn't have any tape. I don't even know what we needed it for, but my husband kept needing tape.

He used my TRIO adhesive for everything the week before the movers brought our stuff (my stamps, since the collection is small, went in the car)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2006, 07:29 PM   #18  
Rubber Obsessor

I love reading everyone's experiences, it's like reading bed time stories. Thanks for sharing, they are all very touching and some quite funny.
SU demo since 2005
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2006, 08:24 PM   #19  
Pearl-ExPert

These are good stories! Thanks for sharing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2006, 04:39 AM   #20  
Compulsive Stamper

My husband always borrows my heat tool for shrinking tubing around wires.

One day he came in from the garage carrying my hair dryer and said "this won't work; it doesn't get hot enough." So I offered my heat tool. He didn't know I had one. It was like Christmas for him b/c shrinking that tubing was the last thing he needed to do to finish his project.

-Amy
Reply With Quote Likes