Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-25-2007, 01:43 PM   #1  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hybrid scrapping???

So I've seen the titling Hybrid a lot on blogs, etc. I am assumed it was about being digital and paper inclined. Since this was on some digital sites. But now I don't know if that's true.

Anyone else want to offer their opinion?

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2007, 03:57 PM   #2  
Inking Addict

I saw an article in Memory Makers magazine referring to 'hybrid scrapping' and that was what they were talking about - mixing digital and paper.

Speaking for myself, I am into technology. I have a digital camera, iPod, PDA, use both a Mac and a PC, know what RSS feeds are, etc. My husband calls me the "Gadget Queen." I love to digitally manipulate my photos, and anything I can do on a computer I do it.

That said, there is just something about the feel of paper, the texture of ribbon, the smells of the ink, the act of picking up a wood stamp and placing it on my paper that can't be beat. Digiscrapping just doesn't do it for me...but that's just me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2007, 04:06 PM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

some people like to take digital elements, print them out on paper, and assemble that way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2007, 04:58 PM   #4  
Kookie Creator

I'm definitely a hands on scrapper - I need to see and touch my stuff. I love having my room filled with all my scrap supplies...embellishments, paper, glue, ribbon, etc.

Hybrid scrapping is the perfect scrapping for me. I can resize, change colors and print out the elements that I want...especially journaling blocks and accents like flowers, swirls, etc and then take them into my scrap room to include in my LO or card. Plus, I find it really cost effective b/c I can re-use and print each element over and over again...after having only paid usually $3-6 dollars for a bunch of elements. I'm not really into printing out paper or complete digi pages but the hybrid aspect suits me just fine!

So I'm still buying tons of scrap supplies but now some of my supplies are digi elements too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2007, 05:30 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

as soon as i saw what digital scrapbooking was i hated it. the whole idea of scrapbooking was contradicted by this idea of doing it all digitally and then what?? print it out?? so you have a 1 dimensional page??? i hated it. then i got PSE, and fooled around with a couple free elements and flourishes, and had FUN, but i still kinda felt the same way as i did before. it's just too easy. now i know there are some people that put A LOT into their digital pages, and they're GORGEOUS, but i think all this digital stuff is dehumanizing our art. but i have to say i like the IDEAS digital scrapbooking has infused into (real?/original) scrapbooking and now, instead of just printing out a photo, i will alter it, add flourishes, but i vowed to NEVER purchase a digital scrapbook kit. i love my LSS too much, and i never want them to go away. so i guess i am now, technically, a hybrid scrapbooker. sounds kinda cool.
thanx emily for bringing up this topic.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2007, 06:33 PM   #6  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT NestView Post
I saw an article in Memory Makers magazine referring to 'hybrid scrapping' and that was what they were talking about - mixing digital and paper.

Speaking for myself, I am into technology. I have a digital camera, iPod, PDA, use both a Mac and a PC, know what RSS feeds are, etc. My husband calls me the "Gadget Queen." I love to digitally manipulate my photos, and anything I can do on a computer I do it.

That said, there is just something about the feel of paper, the texture of ribbon, the smells of the ink, the act of picking up a wood stamp and placing it on my paper that can't be beat. Digiscrapping just doesn't do it for me...but that's just me!
My sentiments exactly!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2007, 06:36 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Rae, I guess I should know this but I don't; what are digi elements that you buy?

I like using my computer and don't want to miss something!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2007, 07:47 PM   #8  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxellView Post
Rae, I guess I should know this but I don't; what are digi elements that you buy?

I like using my computer and don't want to miss something!
Stuff like you find at Designer Digitals, A Cherry On Top, Shabby Princess . . .

They are designed to be used with photo editing software such as Adobe Photoshop Elements, etc. :grin: Muy cool!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2007, 01:44 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Thumbs up scrapgirls.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzytobiView Post
as soon as i saw what digital scrapbooking was i hated it. the whole idea of scrapbooking was contradicted by this idea of doing it all digitally and then what?? print it out?? so you have a 1 dimensional page??? i hated it.
AHA! I felt just like this....until lately.

Here's a site where I signed up for their newsletter. They educate me, give me freebies, inspire me, and will eventually I will shop for digital stuff.....when I get there. Right now, I am still in the 'harvest all you need to know' stage.

http://scrapgirls.com/

I think you will all enjoy this site and they seem really end user friendly.

hth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2007, 02:51 AM   #10  
Stampin' Fool

I tried digital scrapping, I am a geek, but it left me cold. There is definitely something about putting a page together with your hands. I have the latest and greatest, Photoshop CS3, dSLR, etc, and still wouldn't do it for anything but special projects such as making mini books. It's not my thing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2007, 04:37 AM   #11  
Gallery Gazer

I am fairly technical, took a class and I still can't get it. I would love to be able to do some things digitally like layer titles, ect., but will need some serious time to get it working in my brain, not gonna happen with three kids running around this summer. Someday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2007, 05:35 AM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

I do both hands on and digital. I love each in their own way. I love the freedom I have with digital and how I can create anything I want to go on my page, and also I love glue, scissors, ribbon, eyelets so I didn't totally switch to digi, I'm just spreading out my creativity.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2007, 06:03 AM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

Ack! I've never heard of this, but OMGosh I feel a new obsession coming on. Thanks a lot girls! 8-)
Reply With Quote Likes