Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-14-2004, 05:37 AM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Can't Sell it...

Well what do I do? Now that we have changed the BST rules and cannot sell current stamp sets what am I going to do with them? I am not a demo, and I understand why many demo's do not want us selling current sets....but, I can't trade my sets because usually they do not have a set I want or I already have the sets they have. So what is a girl to do??

Doesn't anyone else feel my pain?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2004, 05:44 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry if I'm being dumb, but why do you want to sell them? Stamp with them instead!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2004, 05:46 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Sell it on another site where nobody cares.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2004, 05:48 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

I purchased the stamps, but now that I have them, and maybe have used them once or twice, I realize that I don't need them, have no room for them, or didn't like them as much as I thought I did. It makes no sense to keep a set that I do not use, especially when someone else would use it and love it more than I do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2004, 05:48 AM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know it's a bad word here, but since you're not a demo, you can sell them on eBay. Or you could addict your friends and neighbors and trade with them locally.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2004, 05:49 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

You can also trade for cardstock, tools or accessories!

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2004, 05:56 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

I totally understand your pain ~ what I do not understand is how things turned around so quickly here??!! You know when I joined things were so peaceful, friendly, and just down right wonderful....not to say things rea not great but now we have tons of rules....

Maybe since it was demos that were having problems in the first place they should have to do their trading in their forum? After all this would be considered the non demo forum right!!

So here is my question ~ IF you are a demo and you list something for sale that is a current item then YOU as the demo (who should know the rules based on the SU! manual)should be responsible for YOUR OWN ACTIONS - it would not be SCS obligation to stand up for the people and take responsibility for it. If you(SCS) state the rules as they should be and then have a system to "punish"(for lack of a better word) the person/s that choose not to follow your rules..... MUCH like EBAY where anyone can list but you dont want to get caught. Ebay is not responsible for keeping Demo's out of trouble by monitoring their listings - the DEMO is responsible for following the rules and is punished accordingly when they do not follow them......... In my way of thinking - don't you have to look at every listing as it is anyway - so there is not a lot of time that is saved??
I could be looking at this all wrong - and I am sorry if I have - I do not want to make anyone mad or upset - but wouldnt you rather see the stamps sold here then on ebay for some crazy amount of money - at least here they usually go for a reasonable amount??

Please to not torch me....it is only an opinion not the book...
Shelley

Be Yourself ~ Everyone else is taken ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2004, 06:11 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Doris,
E-bay is great!
And this is a great time to sell!
Teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom. Psalm 90:12

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2004, 06:14 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

photocropper maybe look at this post if you havent seen it.

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

Because of the every growing numbers it is difficult to keep track of who is a demo and who is not. I agree with you that demos should be responsible for their own actions and not SCS, but this provision to the BST forum elimnates that resposibility! In no way do I think what you have said is offensive to anyone. At least i am not offended!

SCS member #7026
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2004, 06:17 AM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

Default ??

The other problem is...what do you do when you are seeking a current set
for a customer? There are always requests after a mini ends for a missed set. Where do we ask for those?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2004, 06:18 AM   #11  
Mad Swapper

While I understand your frustration and we love having everyone be a part of this site but it was originally created for SU demos.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2004, 06:18 AM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

I just think we need to remember why SCS was set up in the first place. It is my understanding that it was set up to share ideas with people in their Stampin Up group.....support for their downline and to be able to keep in touch and help them out when needed. I think it is great that we have been able to benefit from the site and it is great that they have left it open for all of us to be able view, case, vent, share ideas. I look at SCS the same as I look at someone else's home. They have rules and as a guest, I should respect them.....no walking in with muddy shoes, no smoking if it is not allowed, no throwing your glass in the fireplace after making a toast! (I have always wanted to do that!) I just really appreciate all that I have received from SCS being there for me when we get stuck with a project or have stamper's block or need one of the many techniques that are available.

My 2 cents.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2004, 06:22 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Setting this policy also protects SCS as a site. Large companies have shut down sites (I'm thinking of a few non-stamping ones) that seemed to condone actions violating the companies' copyrights. I'm sure we'd all hate to see that happen here! Whenever Daven and the rest of the SCS team have set rules, it has been in response to troublesome behavior by some of the members. If everyone always played nice in the sandbox, the additional rules wouldn't be necessary!

As a non-demo, I find it quite fair that the B/S/T guidelines apply to everyone equally!

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2004, 06:24 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Setting this policy also protects SCS as a site. Large companies have shut down sites (I'm thinking of a few non-stamping ones) that seemed to condone actions violating the companies' copyrights. I'm sure we'd all hate to see that happen here! Whenever Daven and the rest of the SCS team have set rules, it has been in response to troublesome behavior by some of the members. If everyone always played nice in the sandbox, the additional rules wouldn't be necessary!

As a non-demo, I find it quite fair that the B/S/T guidelines apply to everyone equally!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeymom
for a customer? There are always requests after a mini ends for a missed set. Where do we ask for those?
It's my understanding that you can still do that here -- you just have to trade for the sets rather than buying them.

My Stampin' Up! blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2004, 06:26 AM   #15  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I don't think anyone will torch you Shelley, but you have to realize this has become a HUGE site. There is a lot to absorb as a new demo and some just don't realize it is against policy to sell anything current. Yes, as a demo, you should know better, but they don't do it intentionally.

Also, I'd like to point out, that a HUGE portion of this community are demonstrators.... this site started as Tracy's downline. It's a place for us to share with you, but also each other. We are all working hard to make this a business and we are all sharing that with all of you. If you are all selling your sets (that we are not allowed to sell), it can take business away from us..... especially when we share this site with our customers too. That makes it especially hard on new demos trying to get their customer base. As a demo, we work extremely hard to please and keep our customers happy and inspired. It takes a lot of work to prepare for worshops and demos. I know it is extremely frustrating to put all that energy and love into something and then find out someone went to Ebay to spend their money. Especially when you don't even charge for your workshops. There are two sides to it.... and yes, there are many places on the net you can sell your stamp sets.

Moderators can only do so much... there has to be some guidlines when there are SO many users here. Daven and the moderators are doing their best to make everyone happy, but sometimes you just can't please everyone.

Hope that sheds some light on the other side of things. Please don't flame me now!!

Have a great day!
~C
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2004, 06:27 AM   #16  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default Re: ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeymom
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2004, 06:29 AM   #17  
SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shelley this is not to be seen as a"torch", but maybe shed a bit of light on things

SplitcoastStampers has grown to a website that has over 20,000 members. Not that all of them are active, but all of them have signed on and registered, and I would say it is for the most part quite a hip and happening place. That is the wonderful part .

"Rules" that you refer to were instituted NOT to cause pain or hardship, but to allow this site to continue to run in a peaceful manner. I think you would be surprised to know of all the discussion that went in to each new decision (like the Terms of Service and new BST guidelines), and how the administration and moderators did think/discuss/debate issues that affect this site through in order to make people feel welcome and have the site run easily. Nothing was put on the board without numerous revisions and edits.

The BST guidelines were put in place because it was too difficult to track who was or was not a demo when it came to selling things on here, and there was really no fair way in which to monitor it without making one rule for everyone. Please remember that this website is maintained by volunteers who spend LOTS of time to continue to make this a wonderful place (aside from teh fact that we are all SCS addicts!!! shhhh, don't tell them I outed them! LOL ), and we are trying to do what is best for everyone.

I am not going to get into the ins and outs of every "rule" as you put it, but please know the terms of service and BST guidelines are here to make things fair and actually make it EASIER to handle problems as they arise becasue there ARE guidelines. We still look at the listings, but now don't have to go through the "are they a demo or not?" question, which took a lot longer to go through an we had only their word. (there is more I could say here on that topic, but I am biting my tongue on that )

Anyway, not a flame, but I hope you can put yourself in our shoes and see perhaps the basis for the change in the policy-it is hard to tell people what is allowed or not when there is no guideline for them to look to. That is what was established. The forums Daven set up, including the swap forum and BST forum were done as a service and courtesy for the members. If you want to sell your sets, there are plenty of places on the web to do so, and you can always do an ISO or trade for supplies.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2004, 06:31 AM   #18  
Insane Embellisher

The way I see it is, it doesn't matter where you go there will always be rules, if not and with our sites growing numbers it will be a mess if everyone decide to do as they feel :shock: . With that said, as a demo what do I need to be here, struggling to find customers, if they can go to any place on the internet and find current merchandise being sold from whoever?That's why there are rules, to protect those of us who signed a contract and play by the rules. In no way I am trying to offend anyone but this is the way I feel and that's my 2 cents, sorry :(

I love to stamp, what a stress reliever!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2004, 06:33 AM   #19  
Polyshrink Goddess

DAVEN: Was this site set up for SU Demos as ScrappinGoodTime states above? I believe you've stated elsewhere that her statement is not necessarily accurate.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2004, 06:33 AM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by row4d
Setting this policy also protects SCS as a site. Large companies have shut down sites (I'm thinking of a few non-stamping ones) that seemed to condone actions violating the companies' copyrights.
Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but if SU can shut down SCS, then why not Ebay? I don't get it.

Oh wait, is it because Tracy is a demo?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2004, 06:41 AM   #21  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,042 Likes on 478 Posts

Doris - I'm not sure if you were a member at the time or not, but another popular website was going to be totally shut down a while back because she didn't have the SU copyright compliance posted on all of her pictures. They gave her a ridiculously short time to comply or shut her down completely! After some emailing back and forth, she wound up with a bit more time, but the headache for her must have been pretty bad. With so many members here, and all the considerations about how LARGE this site is, it probably just made sense to shut down the buying/selling process for any items that could do the same to SCS.

I know eBay can be a bad word here, but it is a good place to sell when you are allowed to! I have noticed that MANY of the auctions sell for over the catalog price. You can set a reserve so that you don't get under what you really want for them, too. I would also suggest trading them here for accessories, cardstock, etc. You may not see anyone with stamps that you would like, but accessories are great! If someone wants the stamps that you are trying to trade, they can do a Customer Direct order to you and you'll both be happy with what you are getting.

Just a couple of ideas, sorry that it can't be easier for you!!

Debbi
"And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works," Hebrews 10:24
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2004, 06:41 AM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm not Daven, but yes, GMAX - check out the About page. It was set up for Tracy's downline and whoever else might come along in the future. And here we all are!

We've all tried to make it a welcome place for all stampers, regardless of whether they are demonstrators or not, or what stamp company they prefer. As we continue to grow. . . sometimes rules and guidelines that we lived so long without become very neccessary. And those of you who've been here a while know how hard it is to get Daven to set rules/guidelines ;)! It's just a bit sticky since Tracy is a demo.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2004, 06:46 AM   #23  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default hot topic!

Wow, you guys are kind of uptight today. . . 10 days until Christmas!

P.S. I'm only teasing. . . I want Cami to see my sig line.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2004, 06:47 AM   #24  
Insane Embellisher

Yes, she is a demo and all rules apply to every demo on this site.We are not perfect to know the rule book from cover to cover, specially the new demos, and things need to be talk about for everyone to know. Sometimes we learn from someone's mistake, so we don't repeat it.

I love to stamp, what a stress reliever!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2004, 06:47 AM   #25  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by dncbanks
Quote:

Originally Posted by row4d
Setting this policy also protects SCS as a site. Large companies have shut down sites (I'm thinking of a few non-stamping ones) that seemed to condone actions violating the companies' copyrights.
Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but if SU can shut down SCS, then why not Ebay? I don't get it.

Oh wait, is it because Tracy is a demo?
If demos get caught on Ebay... SU! takes away their demonstratorship..... IMMEDIATELY! They are cracking down big time! And, if SU! thought there were demos selling on this site, they would do the same... and yes, probably contact Daven. The rules apply to everyone....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2004, 06:48 AM   #26  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am not a demo and I have no problem with any rules or guidelines of SCS. I am a guest here and I enjoy being here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2004, 06:49 AM   #27  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm not a demo, but I love SU stuff!! But I love this site, and I think the rules are resonable. When I hear conversations about how this use to be for demos, it makes me nervous. I know that this is a lot of work for all those in charge (Davon, moderators, etc). I just am glad that all are welcome here, and I hope that never changes!!!! My demo has gotten a lot of sales from me because of things I've seen and wanted to try here (not to mention Viking, JoAnn, etc :oops: )

I'm sure that people how have been part of this site for a long time have seen a ton of changes and growth. I've seen it and I've only been here <1 year. With 20,000+ people, there are bound to be issues and if the guidelines and rules make it easier for the moderators, then I'm for it. Anything to make these wonderful women's life easier is ok with me (that goes for Davon as well)!!!!

I'm grateful for all that SCS provides me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2004, 06:54 AM   #28  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

I think it is great that we have been able to benefit from the site and it is great that they have left it open for all of us to be able view, case, vent, share ideas. I look at SCS the same as I look at someone else's home. They have rules and as a guest, I should respect them.....no walking in with muddy shoes, no smoking if it is not allowed, no throwing your glass in the fireplace after making a toast! (I have always wanted to do that!) I just really appreciate all that I have received from SCS being there for me when we get stuck with a project or have stamper's block or need one of the many techniques that are available.
Well said Nina.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2004, 07:00 AM   #29  
Glitter Guru

I don't think the rules are that terrible - all it does is protects the integrety of current sets...I know as a non-demo if I want to buy a current set I will just buy it from my demo...

If you are not a demo and have a current set you want to get rid of try selling on E-bay...I have a few current sets that I know I am not going to use really anymore (a christmas set and another generic type set) and I am planning on selling them on E-bay.

Life is full of rules - at least SCS gives people the chance to trade current or sell/buy retired sets...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2004, 08:01 AM   #30  
Die Cut Diva

The way I look at it is that this is a site that has benefitted me greatly and has encouraged me to grow as a stamper. I come here, pay to be part of the DDD gallery and chat because I CHOOSE to...no one is making me come here. Therefore, I can CHOOSE to stay and follow the rules or choose to leave if I don't like the rules.

I CHOOSE to stay and follow the rules because the benefits greatly outweigh any restrictiveness of the rules (which I don't think are all that restrictive anyway).

This is a great site with great people. We, as the SCS members, need to go back to the basics and take a deep breath and look at where this started and how far it has come...and feel priveledged to be part of such a great hobby/business with this great resource.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2004, 08:04 AM   #31  
Kookie Creator

I love SCS, and I have to agree with scrapyme - there had better be rules everywhere we go, or life would be a mess! Anything that makes this volunteer job easier for the moderators and Daven is totally fine by me I have to say I'm actually surprised there's not an annual fee to belong to SCS, and I'm eternally grateful that Daven and the ladies work so hard to keep this site organized, pleasant and a cool place to be Thanks from the heart!!!

Rebecca
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2004, 08:23 AM   #32  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default Re: hot topic!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LunarLana
Wow, you guys are kind of uptight today. . . 10 days until Christmas!

P.S. I'm only teasing. . . I want Cami to see my sig line.
Have I told you lately that I love you?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2004, 08:55 AM   #33  
Stazon Splitcoast

Lana....you are a hoot!

Ladies, I just asked a question....I love SCS too, and I have learned a great deal from this site. It has made me more creative, and has provided some good revenue for my demo! :lol: I also appreciate everything the SCS team does for this site. Dealing with all of us cannot be easy!!

My intent in asking this question, was to express how frustrated I was that we, as non-demos, cannot sell our current sets anymore. Many of you have made some great suggestions, and I will follow up on them. Before I became a SAHM I was a sales rep/manager, so I totally understand how difficult it can be to make your monthly/quarterly quota. But please understand ladies, many of us cannot afford to purchase the stamp sets new. (and some sets don't retire!) Those of us who have new sets (and retired sets), and do not use them, need the money to be able to purchase other sets and supplies from our demo. Mayber rather than getting upset with us for selling to each other or trying to find product through other cheaper avenues, maybe you should look at how you are managing your business, and the service you are providing your customers. I have had tough times too....and it was hard, very hard. I would get frustrated, and wonder if I was going to lose my job. But you know, sometimes when I sat down and refocused...I found another way to make my territory work, and the sales did return.

Please do not take this as a criticism....I am just trying to help. It is just coming across to many that some of you are frustrated, and angry. I love SU product and this site, and just want it to be a happy place for all to share our creativity, thoughts, and ideas.

Thanks again for so many wonderful suggestions....and have a happy day!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2004, 08:59 AM   #34  
Stazon Splitcoast

Doris, Have you ever thought about becoming a demo? If you can't afford stamps at full price buying them with the demo discount is an even cheaper way than buying current ones used online. And that's not even bring up all the freebies, like the Cool Stamp set us demos are getting this week!! Maybe something else to think about.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2004, 09:08 AM   #35  
SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Doris I have been a way for a while-please do not think we were upset with you. Again, our intent was not to take competition away from customers buying here instead of their demos. Actually, that was not a factor in the decision to change the policy (or institute a policy as it were )

It was more to make things easier for us because we have no way of knowing who is or is not a demo just based on them posting and it was getting really difficult to keep up with. We did think about the non-demos, but since there are other other venues in which to sell your sets, we decided that the inconvenience for the people who are not demos (who can still sell, just not here) was outweighed by the repetitive issues that we came across.

Sorry if you feel upset about it-that was not our intention. :P

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2004, 09:18 AM   #36  
Glitter Guru

I have to say how impressed I am with the way this site is run and the level of integrity and consideration that goes into your decisions. This site runs like a well-oiled machine! I am amazed that it is done all by volunteers and that it is all for free! This site has provided so much inspiration, ideas, and practical advice. THANK YOU to all of you that contribute to this site in one way or another.

Now go and donate money to this site to keep it going!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2004, 09:23 AM   #37  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh my, I am not upset at all....
Camsmom, I totally understand why you did what you did. It has been my personal motto ever since I became 40 that I was going to make my life easier not harder! Sometimes all the extra grief is just not worth it...keep it simple I always say! So if this helps the website, and eliminates some grief that is fine. I just wanted to let you know what some of us were thinking, that is all.

As for being a demo, it has crossed my mind...I know my demo would love it. But I really enjoy my hobby, and those 12 years in sales were enough, at least for now anyway. Again, I want to keep my life simple!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2004, 09:37 AM   #38  
Stazon Splitcoast

I, too, want to say that I LOVE THIS SITE....I think that everyone who works so hard to keep the site up and running deserve a standing ovation.
I have been here for a year and a half and have recommended it to my demos (yes there are 3 or 4) and friends. We all love the wonderful ideas and information that everyone shares. I know for a fact the one of my friends recently "borrowed" one of the ideas here for her workshop. LOVE IT....
I realize this site was created mainly for demos but I beleive that there are non demos here that have added a great deal of "worth" to this site too....(I am not speaking of myself but some really talented ladies that bring a whole world of ideas, knowledge and fun to the site). There are also several that were not demos but have decided to become demos. And speaking for myself - I would love to be a demo but at this time with my husbands work the way it is I am not able to do anything of the sort... I feel like Non Demos are very valuable as well...afterall what is business for and about if you dont have customers and with the knowledge of what a customer needs and expects Demos actually have an advantage to having us here....

I persoanally have not sold a thing here - I probably will not either because I am a collector!! But I like the option to buy things when I need them in a hurry or would like to use it for a trial without having to wait a couple weeks for it or in some cases not pay full price if there is only one stamp in a set I want to use etc.... I use ebay and have since they "opened their doors" and I will continue to do altho if my demo can get it for me and I am not in a hurry then I will go that avenue....

Again I totally appreciate all that Daven and his wonderful team of "elves" (holiday spirit there ~ giggle kinda like Santa and the elves - now there is an aviator for you!) does to keep this site going - maybe life would be even easier if there were not bst forum then there would be even less worries!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Shelley

Be Yourself ~ Everyone else is taken ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2004, 09:46 AM   #39  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampcrazygirl
The way I look at it is that this is a site that has benefitted me greatly and has encouraged me to grow as a stamper. I come here, pay to be part of the DDD gallery and chat because I CHOOSE to...no one is making me come here. Therefore, I can CHOOSE to stay and follow the rules or choose to leave if I don't like the rules.

I CHOOSE to stay and follow the rules because the benefits greatly outweigh any restrictiveness of the rules (which I don't think are all that restrictive anyway).

This is a great site with great people. We, as the SCS members, need to go back to the basics and take a deep breath and look at where this started and how far it has come...and feel priveledged to be part of such a great hobby/business with this great resource.
This is so well said! Big dittos!!! It is a privilege to be here and I am very thankful to everyone who devotes their valuable time to keep this site up and running.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2004, 10:02 AM   #40  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Mayber rather than getting upset with us for selling to each other or trying to find product through other cheaper avenues, maybe you should look at how you are managing your business, and the service you are providing your customers. I have had tough times too....and it was hard, very hard. I would get frustrated, and wonder if I was going to lose my job. But you know, sometimes when I sat down and refocused...I found another way to make my territory work, and the sales did return.
Who was upset? I don't think anyone was upset! But I have to say that when you imply we are not "managing" our business right rubs me a bit wrong. Stampin' Up! had very good prices on their stamps... the best in my opinion, AND they are very generous to their hostesses. The whole company is based on their DEMONSTRATORS and workshops that they provide... so if you love SU! and their products, why not support the efforts of their demos? I'm not speaking of MY business.... I manage well, thank you very much and I appreciate my friends/customers and work hard to provide them with what they need as far as projects and supplies. I think it's totally unfair of you to make that remark when this site is full of hard working demos who are sharing their ideas with EVERYONE. Not to mention a lot of new demo's, who are trying to get started.

What's the big deal.. go to Ebay, pay the fees and sell your stamps. The comment you just made, makes me want to just post everything from now on in the demo only area.

Okay, I'm off of here for today
~C
Reply With Quote Likes