Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-28-2005, 08:06 PM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I don't get it!....

I just checked the SU! demo site and saw a "test promotion" for NY and LA. They are offering demos who turn in 2 retired sets a free current set if they purchase $50 worth of merch.
OK, this may sound childish, but NO FAIR!!!! What in the world is going on with this? Why NY and LA? I don't get it! Can anyone out there shed some light on this so I don't feel so slighted.

Thanks.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2005, 11:44 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

First off I see you are new to the site (relatively) did you know we have an SU demos forum for questions just like this? If not you can go to user CP and join the SU DEMOS forum if you are an SU demo! Lots of super info there!!!
But now for your question.....it is a TEST promotion....so being like most tests it is done it a specific location, usually chosen at random, and if there is good input and out come I am sure SU will extend something like this at a later time to all... don't feel slighted...just be glad SU is trying out new stuff and see where it takes us!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2005, 02:47 AM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not a demo, but this doesn't seem like such a good deal to me! You'd probably be better off just selling your retired sets. In most cases you can get back as much (or more) as you paid for them, and you wouldn't have to buy $50.00 worth of merchandise in order to receive the benefit!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2005, 05:13 AM   #4  
Forum Fanatic

Location: Oil...Hot Pan...Gordon Ramsay sexiest man alive...Done.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Happy Heart. You actually have to send back 3 retired sets and a $50.00 order to get 1 free set. No way!!! The retired sets I keep are the ones special to me and there is no way this is a good deal!! JMHO!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2005, 05:19 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Question: How on Earth would this benefit Stampin Up? What will they do with all the used, retired sets? Are they just trying to eliminate the secondary market on their products, or what is going on? (I'm confused :o)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2005, 05:24 AM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Default I don't get it...

I am not a demonstrator but may be SU is doing something for charity???
It is a possibility-
JUst a thought.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2005, 05:44 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by thestampingstamper
OK, this may sound childish, but NO FAIR!!!!
I think "TEST" is the operative word here, which means they want to do it with a small amount of demos, which also means a large number of demos will be left out.

And you have to surrender 3 stamp sets, not 2.

Why LA and NY??? Because that's just life. They want to test it. Would you prefer they not test it and they just haphazardly offer it to everyone before they know if it will accomplish their goal?

No snarkiness intended. It's just one of those things you have to live with. What else can I say?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2005, 05:45 AM   #8  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I think SU's intent in doing it is partly a response to a survey question they had for demos recently: what keeps you from buying more stamps? Answer choices were: nothing, lack of space to store them, cost, don't like any of them. I selected cost and lack of space. Although I do buy a lot of stamps, I am getting more and more conservative in my buying becuase I really have run out of space, of course there's always the cost, and having been a demo for 2 and 1/2 years I've already lost a lot of sets to retirement. Even though I do like most of them, I find I don't really use them anymore after they retire, there are so may new sets I want to focus on.

So anyway: I think SU wants us to be able to have the ability to have more NEW SETS to show customers, and they are trying to give us a way to clear out the old and bring in some new by testing this turn in and get new stamps free promo. I don't think there's really much they can do with the old sets so that's why you have to turn in several for one plus an order of $50 to get a free set, an exchange of 1 for one or whatever , then it wouldn't really matter what retired people would buy tons of sets that end of up retiring and just flip em over to new ones. If the only retired sets you have you really like and still use, then turning in 3 for a new one is not a great deal, you just have to decide how much you want that new set!

I wish they were doing it in Texas (where I live), even though it would be several sets plus an order, I wouldn't mind getting rid of some of my retireds this way. Trying to sell them on ebay (or here, having to haggle prices and constantly bump up my lists of sets no one's interested in! unlike some sets that really seem to hold their value from what I tell the ones I have are ones that everyone else wants to dump also!) just seems like more of a hassle than I want what with listing and shipping etc.
Please visit my blog "Hands, Head, and Heart" at:
http://melaniemuenchinger.blogspot.com/
Check out my Youtube channel for stamping and cardmaking videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/MelanieMuenchinger/videos
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2005, 06:20 AM   #9  
Inking Addict

I'm not a demo but I would say the reason they chose those two states are either because they are very populated or they would like to urge the demos there to increase their business. Maybe SU isn't as popular there as they think they should be and would like to get more interested in the addiction.

Jenjo
Reply With Quote Likes