Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-21-2004, 01:49 PM   #41  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default too funny

To some of you that have negative comments all over this board:

Lighten up and be happy! For cryin' out loud I can't believe some of the things that I was reading. I only read a few and then I quit reading.

If you don't like the new catalog, set it aside and don't order. Don't even look at it again. Don't rain on the rest of us!

I love the new catalog! I love the new accessories! I love everything about it. I ordered a ton twice now. To me this is the most exciting time of the year!

I choose to live my life the happy way. If you have an opinion that is perhaps not so happy, maybe you should think twice about telling 10,000 people about it.

That's really all I have to say.

Happy Day,
Lana
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2004, 01:56 PM   #42  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,042 Likes on 478 Posts

Hi Lana!! I'm doin' the Happy Dance here in Florida, right along with you! Love the catalog. Would like one of everything. Hey, if I win the lotto, I'll buy YOU one of everything, too! Deal? You've ordered TWICE already? Is that Save and Share, and THEN an order? Or did you do two orders since Monday? I want to know what you got!!! All stamps? Mostly accessories? I can't wait to get that tool kit - it's on the way! Along with about 9 stamp sets. It was SO hard to pick the Level II set. Which one to go with?? I have In Full Bloom and Bold Butterfly on the way from Save and Share. Should have gotten the Aqua Pens there, too, cuz' they wouldn't be on BACKORDER and I could have gotten another Background stamp! lol Maybe they'll be in soon, and I'll get them quicker.

I"m completely jealous that you're all going to regionals by you together. Maybe I'll have to go visit my parents in Indiana, and drive on up! That would be great!

See you Stampin'!

Debbi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2004, 02:10 PM   #43  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ALSO love love love the catty! The gray Ill get used to, but it amazes me that people put SO much EFFORT into disliking the new catty! I think that if I hated it as much as one of the above posts portrayed, Id move on to another company! Why stay with something that is so awful!! Every year there is a new catty, and every year there is tons of critscism(sp). It wont change until next years catty, and we'll see what we get then!!! Tho I think that since we will be getting the next catty before convention, a lot of the hype will not be there, and a lot of people wont be so let down!! I for one just put in a $400 order :shock: , and there is more I want!!! lol All the sets I sold in the BST forum financed my order!!!
Thanks for letting us all air our thoughts!!
Tandra

SA Sistah -Original Swappers Anonymous!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2004, 02:23 PM   #44  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Oh Lana.... you are the bombs of all bombs baby!

Gotta love you!! ;)
~C
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2004, 02:34 PM   #45  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default Okay. . .

So now that we are all happy, do you guys want to know what I ordered? Yeah? Yeah? If you don't like the sets I ordered, that's okay. Look away and don't read this. Really, I don't want you to have a bad night.

Okay here goes:

Crafters Tool Kit (complete with a black purse to carry)

Yule Bits & Borders (Christmas IS coming)

Sparkling Summer (my favorite, number 1 stamp set-just my opinion-no flaming please)

Shapes Classy Brass Stencil

Simple Shapes

The Back Nine

Kid Cards (adorable & can't resist)

Favorite Friends (the mouse in the fish bowl makes me gleam)

Copper Everything (because Copper IS IT this year!)

Sticky Strip (love it-careful very sticky-that's the point)

Aquaria (I know there is something to this set)

Farmyard Jumbo wheel (love it-adorable)

Tiny Talk (great little font)

Wonderful Words

Sassy Sayings II (just because I LOVE the word "sassy"-no just kidding)

This all AFTER I ordered on of each at the SAVE & SHARE (hey I was saving and I will share)

I plan on placing a smaller order tomorrow with my Open House orders.

Did I mention I LOVE the new catalog. I am filled with excitement about it and I can't wait to share all kinds of new creations!

WOOOOHOOOOO! Lana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2004, 02:37 PM   #46  
Stampin' Fool

Lana,

I agree with you about Aquaria. I like it, I'm just not sure why yet. I can't wait to order it though.

Carolyn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2004, 02:38 PM   #47  
Mad Swapper

I LOVE those mice!!! I didn't even notice the one with the parachute until yesterday!!!! At some point those mice are mine!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2004, 03:00 PM   #48  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Lana, I love sparklig summer....Its on my have to get soon list.

There are so many cool sets and fun "bellies" (luv it Debbi!) that are gonna make me bankrupt!

ordered birthday banter, all wrapped up, pretty princess, in full bloom, thinking of father, simple type, sassy sayingsII and alot more.

I have 2 secrets now....one you might know about one you don't.....can't get anyone in trouble here. just so happy right now that i might just "POP"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2004, 03:10 PM   #49  

No Fair! No Fair! I must know the secret, or I will pop, too! Tell Tell Tell or Clarence may be peeping in your window!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2004, 03:57 PM   #50  
Rubber Obsessor

Lana, I cannot wait to see what you do with all your new sets!! I have been casing your art and admiring you from afar for several months now.
I love the new catty, too! I think it is designed so well this year. I Love the beginner kits (wish they had been around when I was a rookie stamper) and think SU! did a great job in trying to appeal to all tastes. And I think the samples are out of this world!
Sherry
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2004, 05:52 PM   #51  

Lana,
Would you say that copper is going to be as or more popular than silver, I love the silver tags, silver wire, silver cord, silver eyelets, silver brads, and silver ribbon, and etc. did I say I love silver!?! Anyway I want to stay on top of things, so do you think copper will somewhat replace the silver style? If so I guess I should order copper kiss next, I already have silver bliss on my list! Would love to hear more of your opinion!
And I think the tone of this thread has been very uplifting and positive way to go SCS ladies, it's nice for everyone (including myself) to be back to normal! LOVE THIS WEBSITE!
Jill

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2004, 06:03 PM   #52  
Gallery Gazer

I have been a SU! customer for about 11+ years. I for one think the catalog just keeps getting better and better. Yes, there wasn't much in the Christmas section this time around, but nonetheless, I'm pretty happy about the entire thing. I for one never liked the Stampin' Memories catty. I do scrap alot, but that catty never did much for me. It's hard for a company to appeal to everyone. It's just not going to happen. However, SU! compared to other companies is much, much better, from stamp sets, to the quality, all the way to the people. Each person has a right to their opinion, afterall they are the paying customer. Hopefully as they browse through the catty some more, they will begin to see what a great catty it really is.

Marlo (who is NOT a demo)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2004, 06:13 PM   #53  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default It's all about copper

Jill~ It's all about copper this year. Copper, copper, copper. Definately stock up on copper. It is going to blow gold and silver away! It's really much snazzier! Lana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2004, 07:40 PM   #54  
Polyshrink Goddess

I love the catalog. Didn't even notice that the images were gray until I read why on SU demo site. I have a huge list, which will continue to grow the more I look at the catalog and I start seeing other people posting there work. I don't always like every stamp set. That is ok because we can't all have the same taste or life would be boring! One of my favorite stamp sets is a set I didn't like at first. The more I saw made with it the more I liked it. I use it frequently and love to demo the versatility of it. I am also excited with all the stamp sets in the winter mini. At least I have a week or two to decide which ones to order. Unfortunately, I can't afford all of them that I like. :(

Bonnie :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2004, 08:08 PM   #55  

Thanks Lana,
Looks like I need to add to my order!
Jill

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2004, 08:21 PM   #56  
Matboard Maniac

My FIRST reaction was well it's just ok. Last year was my first experience with a SU! catalog and EVERYTHING was NEW to me. EVERYTHING was FANTASTIC. EVERYTHING was a must have. This catalog, well I have see half the stuff, own half the stuff so it was less appealing. Now after going through it several hundred times I love it, just as much as last years. Looking at all the samples and saying HEY I can do something like that with a set I bought from the last catalog, bringing it back to life.

I'm in love all over again

Hang in there and keep flipping through and you'll find your best friend with in those pages
http://home.mn.rr.com/fuehrers/index.html
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2004, 08:42 PM   #57  
Gabfest Goddess

LisaLisa- Are you pregnant? That whole secret and "POP" thing got me thinkin'!!!!! I know your name is Lisa, just wanted to address the right one! Dont want to start rumors with any other Lisa's!!!
Tandra

SA Sistah -Original Swappers Anonymous!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2004, 04:14 AM   #58  
Matboard Maniac

camsmom wrote:

Quote:

From a demo's perspective, my customers have looked at the catalog and liked that they can recreate what they see. Gives them inspiration into their own creativity and sense of "HEY! I can do that!"

I just had an idea--wouldn't it be great if someday the catalog showed "beginner" as well as "intermediate/advanced" samples for each set? Yes, yes, I know it would probably mean the catalog would get larger and the company probably doesn't want to go there--but perhaps it could be done for only the most popular sets...just some thoughts.

Amy J. in Wisconsin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2004, 07:38 AM   #59  
Stazon Splitcoast

Lana you're so right on about the copper! I have always preferred it to gold and silver -- it's much warmer and richer. I use Krylon pens ALOT to edge cards and go through my copper way way more often.

Copper with a crackle background stamp adds to the vintage look.

I'm so glad there are more copper accent things to use these days!

Hugs,
Betsy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2004, 08:19 AM   #60  
Mad Swapper

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

I love the new catalog! I have been a demonstrator for almost 7 years now and I have to admit that the catalog just gets better each year!

Your customers will only get excited if you are excited! So I plan to pass that excitement on to my customers and "To Love what I do and share what I Love".

Have a happy stamping day everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2004, 10:59 AM   #61  

Hi Vanessa!!!

GREAT meeting you at Convention, I'm so glad we got to meet more than once, too! I agree, sharing the excitement will be a lot of fun. I'm working on a game to play that will help us get through the catalog with customers and have fun, too. I'll post it in the Demo Section, after it's all done.

Debbi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2004, 11:05 PM   #62  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkalicious
LisaLisa- Are you pregnant? That whole secret and "POP" thing got me thinkin'!!!!! I know your name is Lisa, just wanted to address the right one! Dont want to start rumors with any other Lisa's!!!
Tandra
NO WAY......Not Prego! I have four DD's and love them...but no more bun's in the oven for me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2004, 10:15 PM   #63  
Pearl-ExPert

I LOVE the new catty! The purple monster has been laid to rest & now I have, um, the new one :oops: don't have a name for it yet! I think it is better organized for the most part. My customers love it....they've wiped me out of my stash! :shock: I couldn't give them away last year & this year I've sold 15!! I have my comp copy & my own-marked-up-on-it's-way-to-kinkos copy left & have 2 workshops next weekend. Good thing Brown is coming for deliveries this week!

I'm having surgery a week from Wed & plan on taking, um, the new one, to the hospital with me, just in case I feel up to drooling over it again. Who knows, may get an order or 2 out of it.

Suzanne
Reply With Quote Likes