Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-17-2005, 05:11 AM   #41  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Things I love:
1) email telling me when to expect my UPS
2) new speicals info (my little catalogs are always late if they even arrive)
3) bi monthly stamp and chats - we get together at a local coffee shop and stamp away prior to that we met in the basement of the library...so if you don't want to clean your house there are a few free options of other meeting places where people would not feel like they were infringing on your space
4) monthly card exchange
5) letting me borrow her stamps if I see a card that I want to try
6) new techniques would be awsome
7) shoebox exchange
just feeling free to call anytime without worrying about stupid questions

The lesson from Charlie Brown: The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that care.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2005, 05:26 AM   #42  
Cardstock Collector

I have to say that I love my demonstrator. She asks us what we would like to do, and comes up with things on her own. She never ceases to surprise us. We have a Hostess of the Month club which meets once a month. We eat, stamp, and chat. It is the one day we all look forward to. Its the same women, every month with a different one of us being the hostess.

She goes out of her way to assist us and advise us. She hosts a swap with all of us, not to mention the many others she participates in. We even gather at other times during the month at different houses just to stamp.

I guess my advice would be to talk to your demonstrator. But just be prepared to show up when she schedules something. Gather other friends to come too.

Laurie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2005, 05:50 AM   #43  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamakimberly
OKay ;) for real.

I wish Emily would move to Texas already so I can come play with HER sets! She's been flappin' her trap about "I'm comin' to Texas!" but just DO it already!

How long does a girl gotta wait?

Kimberly
Dude, I move in just over a WEEK!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2005, 06:14 AM   #44  
Mad Swapper

I wish my demo would move to Georgia!!!!! LOL :lol:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2005, 06:18 AM   #45  
Mad Swapper

I have NO problem with paying for classes. I know that it costs the demos money for us to use their supplies. If its a FREE class, then it should involve very few embellishments.

Pre-pay also guarentees you a spot at the class. If you only have room for 10 people and you have 10 that pre-pay, anyone else has to wait for the next class.

Don't be embarassed to ask for pre-payment.

JMHO

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2005, 06:46 AM   #46  
Kookie Creator

Default I wish my demo would...

I wish my demo would....

have other demos teach a class every once in a while. Just to get a different perspective. I dont know how this would be done without worry of losing customers to another demo. But, it would be interesting. Or, if you have a customer with great ideas, it would be fun to have the customer come up with a project for stamp camp. Just a thought.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2005, 06:48 AM   #47  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Our stamp camps are packed because:

1- We prepay the $15 ahead and even if we don't show there are no refunds.

2- You get $15 off your order.

3-If you don't show you still get $15 off an order and you can pick up packets of the materials used and borrow her samples to make them at home.

4-She serves wonderful food!

5- There are so many door prizes that you do not want to miss one. There is a coupon for being on time, 2 coupons for bringing a friend, 1 coupon for every $20 spent. She probably gives away 10 nice door prizes each time.

6- We make a minimum of 5 really cool things with at least 2 being non-card items.

7-If you book a party at stamp camp you get an extra $5 off your order the time of your party.

8-She has wonderful displays of things she has made that make you want to BUY stamps and supplies.

9- She always has a "play table" with lots of stamps and many accessories that you can just try out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2005, 06:49 AM   #48  
Kookie Creator

I wish my demo would send me a mini catalog!

Michelle Z.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2005, 06:58 AM   #49  
Montague Mingler

How sad that so many of the SU Demos have customers with so little consideration! I am attending my first Stamp Camp tonight and am really excited about it. I am blessed with FOUR very good friends who are SU demos and love working with any of them! We also get together and "play" on a regular basis (though it's been less regular lately with everyone so busy and the Michigan weather!)
For you demos who have been stuck by ungrateful customers, I'm sorry. They give all of us a bad name! Hang in there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2005, 07:14 AM   #50  
Die Cut Diva

I certainly have no problem paying for a class or camp in advance. I don't think demo's should be embarassed about asking for pre-payment. I would love it if my demo had some sort of stamp night, just to come and share ideas, projects, etc. Girls night out type thing. It is always fun to share.
I would also like it if my demo provided instructions on the projects we do. Something to tell us what stamps, inks, papers were used. Does anyone do this? I hate having to search the catalog trying to figure out which stamp sets were used.
Also, would love it if my demo would take the time to explain how to mount my stamps. Still not sure if I am doing it right.
She is very good about telling us the specials going on, etc. That is nice, don't understand why some don't. You will miss out on sales.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2005, 07:51 AM   #51  
Kookie Creator

Default I wish my demo would?

I'm a really new demo, 5 months, 2 months doing shows. And I'm doing my second "in my house" thing this week. I did one for SAB fri/pm and sat afternoon. I did the Mystery Hostess thing and my show ended at $470 with some outside orders. I attribute most of that to SAB, but with a customer list over 50 already I only had 6 show up. I've got some RSVP's for this weeks, but I'm discovering alot of people don't even want to RSVP
when I've talked to them to remind them about the great 50% off sale,
they say oh, I was thinking about coming on Friday. And I'm say that's great I'm glad to hear you want to come, and they're quick to say "I MIGHT" come. It's like if they have nothing better to do. What's frustrating is the time I spend planning and preparing and the product I cut and prepare and these women can't even have the common sense or courtesy to think about that. Anyway, thanks for listening (reading) just needed to vent.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2005, 10:15 AM   #52  
Kookie Creator

Ok, about people not RSVPing, here's something my CM demo took to doing. She charges $10 for her crops...IF you RSVP by Wednesday. At the door, it's $12. I realize that's harder when you have a workshop that you'll be doing projects, because you still have to prepare, but you could easily set a limit, and if more people show up at the last minute, cut supplies then. The down-side to this is that people who CAN make it at the last minute might be discouraged from doing so, but if you're constantly having people call at the last minute, it might be worth it.

HTH!

I LOVE that my demo has all the latest tools and lets us play with them, and that she's very free with her knowledge of techniques. I've had friends who couldn't make it to events call her (once during stamp camp!) to get help figuring stuff out, and she's always very patient and supportive. Love that!

Kate
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2005, 02:49 AM   #53  
Stampin' Fool

Default Re: I wish my demo would...

Quote:

Originally Posted by IreneM
I wish my demo would....

have other demos teach a class every once in a while. Just to get a different perspective. I dont know how this would be done without worry of losing customers to another demo. But, it would be interesting. Or, if you have a customer with great ideas, it would be fun to have the customer come up with a project for stamp camp. Just a thought.
Ouch - I can't imagine how that would work out....which demo would get the slaes and yes, there would be a chance of losing your customers to another demo. I have had my downline help at a stamp camp...but she is a hobby demo, so there was no question of taking each others customers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2005, 02:51 AM   #54  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelle Z.

Michelle Z.
Wow - how simple could that be. I have to admit, while I try to send minis each time...sometimes I forget to select the names and the time frame to do so passes......then no minis.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2005, 02:55 AM   #55  
Stampin' Fool

Default Re:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siberian Stamper
I wish my demo did some of those things:
a)told us about the specials;
b)had more get-togethers than once in 3 months;
c)sent us mini-catalogs or let us borrow hers to order;
d)taught us new techniques...
Hope that answers your question!!!
Wow - you're an easy one! I have two - maybe 3 - new customers who told me that their regular demo never tells them abou the promos either.....and I just can't imagine why not.I do have to admit, that my customers with email get way more info from me than those that don't....and it boggles the mind how many people still don;t use the internet! If I am doing a big stamp camp or omthing, I usually mail flyers as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2005, 03:30 AM   #56  
Mad Swapper

I wish my demo would stop being so creative with stamp sets I don't like and excited about everything. It makes me want it ALL. :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2005, 04:35 AM   #57  
Pearl-ExPert

I used to be a demo and tried to do all the things that I wished another demo would do if I were in their shoes -- I had a newsletter every month giving an update on the specials -- I sent the mini for some time but after a while when funds were a little low I put the link in for them to check out online - I used to have a special every month of my own (always a "free" thing -- an item of about $5 retail for an order of something $50 or so) - I always tried to be honest with them about the products I loved and showed enthusiasm when demoing them, all the neat things you could do with them. I tried to see to each level of expertise in my demos, i.e. I "spelled it out" for the newbies, spending time with them showing them the basics, but always, always had the latest and greatest stuff/techniques for the advanced to interest them as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2005, 04:51 AM   #58  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Re: I wish my demo would ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by hchibnik
Doesn't this always happen when a bunch of stampers get together? We just get off track. The question for the thread is, please for nondemos finish this sentence

I wish my demontrator would ?? call me, be funnier, go slower, have better projects .. I really want to know girls..

thanks, oh, and the talk about the cash n carry was interesting btw but back to the thread topic...
OOps, well I really didn't answer the question did I --

I wish I had a demo that had a get-together like CM does with their people -- not a "camp" but just a stamp night where you can go and mingle with other stamp people and do your stuff. Pay a fee of 5 or 10 dollars, bring munchies to share and have fun. Once a month would be nice --

I used to be a demo so I have a lot of stuff, have no interest in holding a party or doing a "club" -- my downline is now the person I buy stuff from when I need it (I could supply a small army of people at this point, LOL), but I would be interested in getting together with other stamping people without having to pay a 15 or 30 fee a month for stamp camp or stamper 6, etc. and I don't really want to go to one of those where a project is being done that night, I would really just want to work on my own stuff without kids or hubby interfering! None of my friends/family are "into" stamping so I can't really do that with them. I am tempted to go to my sister's house though and just bring the kids and stamp while she talks, LOL.

Anyway, I wish there was a demo that would do something like that for people like me --
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2005, 05:05 AM   #59  
Glitter Queen

Default I would like my Demo to.....

I am very new to stamping (1 month) and I would like to get my stamps and supplies quicker. By the time I got everything in and tried what I learned, I forgot most of it, and my cards where terrible. I know that's not my demo's fault. I have the best demo!

I too would like to take home more than the card I made. I like the idea of 1 sample pack of everything we did. This way I could go home and make it on my own, and call her immediately when it turns out different from hers. That would be a better learning experience for me.

Ya'll are great, this website is such a help!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2005, 06:27 AM   #60  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Michelle Z. wrote:

Michelle Z.

Wow - how simple could that be.
I agree... If someone wants a mini I will send it to them or drop it off if I am close to their house!!

Quote:

am very new to stamping (1 month) and I would like to get my stamps and supplies quicker. By the time I got everything in and tried what I learned, I forgot most of it, and my cards where terrible. I know that's not my demo's fault. I have the best demo!
Orders take usually 5 working days to get to my house... so I place them on a Friday I get them the next Friday!! It seems like forever though and then I deliver them either the day I get them or the day after!! I don't like to wait and I know my customers don't either!!!
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2005, 06:55 AM   #61  
Glitter Guru

Default Re: I wish my demo would...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ny2nh
Quote:

Originally Posted by IreneM
I wish my demo would....

Ouch - I can't imagine how that would work out....which demo would get the slaes and yes, there would be a chance of losing your customers to another demo. I have had my downline help at a stamp camp...but she is a hobby demo, so there was no question of taking each others customers.

I am not a demo but I have helped my demo with a class on Stamped candles and shaker cards - it was a good crowd of about 10 or so people...
Instead of splitting the fee (she also did polished stone on boxes) I simply asked for some product in the amount of what 1/2 of the "take" was. Worked out well because I got some stuff I have been putting off buying - like the AWESOME rubber scissors and the stampin scrubber - plus she gave me the Paint Prints set (without me having to spend $50 that's a treat unto itself).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2005, 07:06 AM   #62  
Polyshrink Goddess

I wish my demo would be "as passionate about stamping as I am".

I'm in a montly club and before I knew about SCS, I relied on her to learn anything. Turns out she was coming here getting her ideas and cased cards. She never mentioned this website. She's a very busy person and will admit to setting up and getting cards ready the day of stamp camp. She will mention a technique, say she will teach us and then doesn't.

When I first started the club she would give out a free incentive stamp with every 30 order. That was a long time ago. She sells the inspiration sheets, which I don't like. I know that's a choice for demos but I would consider that a perk if I had that stamp set and was given the inspiration sheet.

Most of the people at stamp club just pick up their order the next month. Well, I can't wait. I will call her a week after asking if the order is in. I offer to pick it up or let her know to come by anytime to drop off. She lives about 12 minutes away from me. And even after that I still get my stuff 2 weeks later from when she put in the order. I understand that she is busy but she lives close to me and I offer all the time to pick up.

Last stamp club she even mentioned to everyone how I will call her when the order should be in. :oops:
I also hear about any specials or when mini catalogs come out from here. Stamp club is 2nd weekend of the month so any and all specials will be told to us then. I like to prepare my hb for how much I will be spending or adjust my budget accordingly. :shock:

I haven't read all the replies but I would just want my demo to give me the courtesy of being a good customer. I don't expect anyone to bend over backwards. I know most demos work outside the home too but it's also for most a source of income or at least meeting your quarterly requirements. I would think demos would want to keep customers.

Sorry this turned into a gripe session. Needless to say, I will be dropping out of my monthly club soon and looking for another demo. I even recently ordered from Keri (sereikastamper) and already know when I will get that order in, which I know will be before my regular stamp club order. Thanks Keri.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2005, 07:52 PM   #63  
Die Cut Diva

good reasons to become a Demo-I'm going to and appreciate SCS for ideas from you! I hope I treat my customers better

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2005, 08:20 PM   #64  
Mad Swapper

Default demo ideas

I have the greatest demo. Every Monday she holds a workshop where she tries to show us a new technique. She doesn't charge but she always makes great sales because everyone falls in love with whatever we did that day.
She is the greatest and we all love coming to her stamping room and having a great time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 09:27 PM   #65  
Die Cut Diva

EVERY Monday?! Wow!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 10:25 PM   #66  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by dot2dot
Our stamp camps are packed because:

1- We prepay the $15 ahead and even if we don't show there are no refunds.

2- You get $15 off your order.

3-If you don't show you still get $15 off an order and you can pick up packets of the materials used and borrow her samples to make them at home.

4-She serves wonderful food!

5- There are so many door prizes that you do not want to miss one. There is a coupon for being on time, 2 coupons for bringing a friend, 1 coupon for every $20 spent. She probably gives away 10 nice door prizes each time.

6- We make a minimum of 5 really cool things with at least 2 being non-card items.

7-If you book a party at stamp camp you get an extra $5 off your order the time of your party.

8-She has wonderful displays of things she has made that make you want to BUY stamps and supplies.

9- She always has a "play table" with lots of stamps and many accessories that you can just try out.
Wow, I want to come to her camps!

It's not fair. Life was never this hard for Barbie & Ken
-
unknown

Reply With Quote Likes