Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-18-2012, 03:09 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile I Wish SU! Would Break up Stamp Sets

Every annual catalog that comes out I look through the catty and think: "Oh, I love that stamp, but I don't like that other stamp (all in the same set). I wish I could just buy that stamp on it's own...

For example: I really like the branch in the Owl Occasions stamp set and wish I could buy just the branch stamp on it's own! I know LOL, as if that will ever happen, right? I know I will eventually buy the set, as each time I look at it the owl grows on me a little bit more!

Are there any other images in a set that you wished you could buy just that stamp and not the entire stamp set?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2012, 03:29 PM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There are some out there, I admit it. In tag sets in particular. There are some tags that will never get made but others that I really want!! I get frustrated on Ebay when sellers list them separate though because they will have ONE stamp at $4.99 plus shipping and heck, if I wait long enough, I can probably find the whole set for $6. Isn't that so sad that for the sake of a bargain I will buy the set anyway?!?!?! Crazy, I know.
I want the little socks/stockings from that Owl Occassions set...maybe if we can find someone who wants the rest we can all share it! haha! Dear SU, please ship the branch to DigitalStamper62, send the socks to CraftyMel2 and send..... They probably won't go for it though hahaha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2012, 04:26 PM   #3  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have tried not to buy every set that I love, so I try to come up with two or three uses for a stamp set that I buy. I think I like just about EVERY stamp set....or at least ONE stamp in the set!!! But it doesn't make it into my house, unless I can get several projects out of it. Normally one stamp doesn't make a set good IMO. I like it...but not enough to buy it. I have never thought of looking on ebay for ONE stamp....you learn something new!!! But I have to agree, I would probably buy the whole set for just a bit more in case I wanted to resell!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2012, 04:58 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

I like to buy sentiment stamps. I like to buy them in different fonts so I have lots of Thank You, Happy Birthday, Thinking of you, etc. I find that SU has too many floral stamps so I don't really want more flower stamps just the sentiment in the set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2012, 05:16 PM   #5  
Compulsive Stamper

SU is considering selling individuals. Recently they asked us if we'd like to purchase some individually and our response was a resounding" yes". SU didn't make any promises. They just let us know that they are looking into it. We don't have any details about this either. No telling if just certain stamps could be purchased individually or if every stamp might be available that way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2012, 01:55 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

I know on another board that I follow that people will offer "splits" of sets. They will choose the stamps they want to keep and sell the rest. They don't sell on ebay, just on the board's BST forum.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2012, 02:47 AM   #7  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 603 Likes on 246 Posts

Single stamps are the business of LSS, sets are the business of direct sales, so it seems. At stamp stores it is a jolt to me to pay $10 to $15 for one stamp when for $15 to $20 I could get a whole set! I do pass on sets that I only "need" one stamp, I've learned over the years to just say no to those temptations.
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2012, 03:17 AM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

I love every stamp in Owl Occasions except for that owl. I love owl stamps but not him!
Soooooo, I won't be buying that set because the owl is the showpiece for that set. I have to like 90% of a set to buy it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2012, 04:18 AM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

Yep, I wish they would offer single stamps. I wanted the "Dear Kind and Wonderful Friend" stamp from that sentiment set, but I did not want any of the other stamps in that set. No way was I going to pay over $30 for one stamp. I would pay a higher price per each for the just one stamp however.

Also I lost one stamp from Perfect Punches. :( I don't want to rebuy the whole set, but I really miss that "happy birthday" stamp from it.

So I really do wish SU would at least try for one catalog to split sets. I'd bet they'd be glad they did.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2012, 06:41 AM   #10  
CBC Lady Violet

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

Me! Me! Me! I've often looked at a set where I only really liked/would use some of the stamps, and didn't want the rest. (There is one in the current holiday mini as a matter of fact.) I definitely wish I could buy some stamps individually.
That said, I do belong to a monthly club, and have sometimes been able to buy & split a set with someone in a club. I split a six sentiment set one time - the one I really wanted was the one they didn't want at all and vice versa. So we each got the one sentiment we really wanted, and we split the other four.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2012, 07:01 AM   #11  
Stampin' Fool

Me too! Sentiments would be a first choice. Their collections include things I have no use for anymore...like ones for mother and/or father as my parents are deceased. Holiday collections I usually like the Christmas one but not so much the rest. There is one stamp set in the catalog right now, can't think of the name, that sells for $18 but there is only one stamp in set I really want. Tried posting on BST forum once for it but alas no one would part with the stamp.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2012, 08:52 AM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Really, I think it would be too hard to offer them as singles. Each stamp would have to have a number, and a picking bin, etc. Maybe you can find someone to trade a stamp. Lots of people do treat the sets as singles anyway. You never know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2012, 12:06 PM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

Okay, so it seems I'm not the only stamper who would like to buy a single stamp from a stamp set!

More than likely I can only see myself using just the owl and the branch from the Owl Occasions stamp set and perhaps splitting it or selling it off to someone else....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2012, 12:38 PM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 40 Likes on 18 Posts

Sets are the reason why I hardly bought any SU stamps. I'd been stamping for more than 12 years before I even heard of SU and too many of the stamps in their sets are similar to those I already owned.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2012, 10:49 AM   #15  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I don't see them ever doing this especially when they are so concerned about extra warehouse space etc. But I agree, I usually like only one or 2 stamps in most sets so I don't get a lot of sets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2012, 11:05 AM   #16  
Glitter Guru

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm also on a thread about how SU no longer sells individual markers (or at least you can only buy a limited number of colors at this point). Given that they now won't sell you a single marker, I have little hope that they are going to start breaking up sets and selling single stamps. More often than not if I like at least two or three of the stamps, I just bite the bullet and buy the set. That's what SU counts on, I'm sure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2012, 11:35 AM   #17  
Mad Swapper

Location: wishing I was in London but you'll likely find me on my couch

A single stamp at my LSS is generally $10 or more so if I even like only 2 or 3, or sometimes one stamp, I come out ahead buying through SU. True sometimes I don't buy a set because I don't see me using them all but generally if I buy it I look in the gallery here and find many ways to use the stamps that I never thought I would use.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2012, 02:20 PM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, I ONLY like the mummy in Googly Ghouls, NOT the witch and NOT Frankenstein. That mummy is SOOOO cute!! Witch and Frankenstein: NOT cute!!! Grrrr!!!
Reply With Quote Likes