Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 09-13-2007, 03:31 PM   #161  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks to those who posted before me about the frugalities response. Why would Frugalities come hash out a problem here and not apologize for the way the CS rep acted in that email.
What's the whole deal with Frugalities not having a phone number anyways?
The order probably could have been canceled if they had provided any way to contact them...of course we can tell by the email that they are not real big on customer service!
For those that have disagreed with hashing out info here on the board.
We get the same info all the time from different places. Our friends tell us about Dr.'s and hospitals, restaurants, beauty salons and such. Since this is an online forum I would hope that people wouldn't hesitate to share something like this that has happened.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Sassy Shani

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think this needs repeated!

Quote:

Originally Posted by splitcoaststampersView Post
hi everyone.

issues like this tend to get heated, but please measure your responses before posting. refrain from harshness (is that a word?) and name-calling whether the target is an individual or an organization.
Crimping Master

:mad: i went to their sight and did a mock order of similar items and no where except in the help are does it say no shipping to canada??? if you are not having problems why would you go there???hmmm makes you think . The shipping and i stress no mention of handling was 9.95 ?i did go to the help area and it then says nointernational shipping it even said in one area when the shipping cost comes up that is what you pay ...
I know that i will never buy from there .!!!and its too bad they dont realize how many potential customers DJ has upset .Bet they wont llast too much longer at the rate they are going...
Gallery Gazer

I actually think they just added that! No shipping to Canada. At least that is what it seems like - according to their email. That b/c of this they aren't shipping to Cananda anymore.
Stampin' Fool

Here is the reply i got from frugalities

I will apply the credit to your card. Of course a house credit makes no sense as we don't sell to Canada.

The $55.95 is at once too much and also less than our cost. We tried--VERY HARD--to indicate that we DO NOT sell to Canada. We cannot do it cost effectively. We were not trying to make a profit. We were trying to discourage placing any orders because we cannot process them.

And, perhaps the best way of solving problems isn't to rally up the lynch mob first. Sometimes you should first exhaust all conversation before you try to harm other humans on this fine Earth.

-DJ, Customer Service

Ok have i rallied up a lynch mob DJ? no i didnt i just posted what YOU wrote and you got teh lynch mobb.

mAke EacH dAy yOuR MaStERpiEce
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubblegum girlView Post

I will apply the credit to your card. Of course a house credit makes no sense as we don't sell to Canada.

The $55.95 is at once too much and also less than our cost. We tried--VERY HARD--to indicate that we DO NOT sell to Canada. We cannot do it cost effectively. We were not trying to make a profit. We were trying to discourage placing any orders because we cannot process them.

And, perhaps the best way of solving problems isn't to rally up the lynch mob first. Sometimes you should first exhaust all conversation before you try to harm other humans on this fine Earth.

-DJ, Customer Service

Ok have i rallied up a lynch mob DJ? no i didnt i just posted what YOU wrote and you got teh lynch mobb.
So is she now saying that it doesn't cost over $100 to send items to Canada??
Glitter Queen

This company has saved me and many friends a lot of money. I have never heard a single complaint before. I hope that one bad experience, and I agree it was a bad experience, is not allowed to completely ruin a company with 99% customer satisfaction (based on what I have read about them up to this moment). It does seem very unfair to try them publicly based on the word of ONE customer or ONE experience. Certainly, if this was the common experience and we had hundreds coming out of the woodwork saying they had been treated badly by this company, it would be good to know. But I believe, that on this very lengthy thread, no one else has said they were treated badly by this company. In fact, I went back and read some threads where dozens were delighted with them. I think in the pursuit of fairness, threads like this must be put in perspective. The livelihood of many workers could be destroyed by a very public fight like this. I am sure that in a company that employs many, now and then they will get a person not well versed in how to respond via email to an upset customer. I would hope that a group of women would not completely destroy my business over one experience.
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by ldwintertonView Post
So is she now saying that it doesn't cost over $100 to send items to Canada??
Honestly i dont know what type of bunk DJ is spread its just not making sense

Stampin' Fool

Actually if you search frugalities you will find lots of other posts of other unhappy customers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianalc7View Post
This company has saved me and many friends a lot of money. I have never heard a single complaint before. I hope that one bad experience, and I agree it was a bad experience, is not allowed to completely ruin a company with 99% customer satisfaction (based on what I have read about them up to this moment). It does seem very unfair to try them publicly based on the word of ONE customer or ONE experience. Certainly, if this was the common experience and we had hundreds coming out of the woodwork saying they had been treated badly by this company, it would be good to know. But I believe, that on this very lengthy thread, no one else has said they were treated badly by this company. In fact, I went back and read some threads where dozens were delighted with them. I think in the pursuit of fairness, threads like this must be put in perspective. The livelihood of many workers could be destroyed by a very public fight like this. I am sure that in a company that employs many, now and then they will get a person not well versed in how to respond via email to an upset customer. I would hope that a group of women would not completely destroy my business over one experience.

Mad Swapper

Default Advice for Frugalities

Word of Mouth can be the best advertising tool that a company can have OR it can destroy a company. The important thing to remember when running a company that deals with the public, is that the customer is always right. That may have to be said at times through gritted teeth, but operating on that theory will ensure lots of happy customers as opposed to the kind that are reading and responding to this thread.

I highly recommend that Frugalities dismiss their Customer Service Rep that wrote that extremely rude email before they cost the company even more business. EVERY customer is important to a company.

The opinions of Splitcoast Stampers family can have a tremendous effect on the bottom line of a company, be it in the plus or the minus column. I would not want them upset with a company that I ran. Another scary thought for Frugalities, a lot of people from this message board also frequent other crafter message boards. Frugalities might want to step in here and try to make it right and calm people down.
Gallery Gazer

I don't think anybody is basing their opinion on a company's mistake but the way that it was handled. And yes, I would not buy from a merchant who speaks so rudely to a customer. Who could be the next, not me b/c I am not shopping with them. It is just bad business.
Stampin' Fool

amen sister!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwjazzView Post
Word of Mouth can be the best advertising tool that a company can have OR it can destroy a company. The important thing to remember when running a company that deals with the public, is that the customer is always right. That may have to be said at times through gritted teeth, but operating on that theory will ensure lots of happy customers as opposed to the kind that are reading and responding to this thread.

I highly recommend that Frugalities dismiss their Customer Service Rep that wrote that extremely rude email before they cost the company even more business. EVERY customer is important to a company.

The opinions of Splitcoast Stampers family can have a tremendous effect on the bottom line of a company, be it in the plus or the minus column. I would not want them upset with a company that I ran. Another scary thought for Frugalities, a lot of people from this message board also frequent other crafter message boards. Frugalities might want to step in here and try to make it right and calm people down.

Stampin' Fool

i agree with you. They fixed up the problem with the shipping and thats fine. But the way DJ wrote that letter is NOT going to be forgotten any time soon.

Quote:

I don't think anybody is basing their opinion on a company's mistake but the way that it was handled. And yes, I would not buy from a merchant who speaks so rudely to a customer. Who could be the next, not me b/c I am not shopping with them. It is just bad business.

Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Very well said!

Frugalities did step in. Their post is in here somewhere. Not sure that they spent the time to read all of the previous posts as they misquoted.
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Quote:

I know, I also have been in total shock at the PO when sending a SCS package to Canada. It has increased tremendously, and I am sorry but no matter how nice a person I try to be, it stinks. The Canadians know this. And I find it odd that she didn't just adjust to the current system. It is not our fault, the company's fault, etc...

The Canadians should have a realistic understanding.
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedgiemamaView Post
I know, I also have been in total shock at the PO when sending a SCS package to Canada. It has increased tremendously, and I am sorry but no matter how nice a person I try to be, it stinks. The Canadians know this. And I find it odd that she didn't just adjust to the current system. It is not our fault, the company's fault, etc...

The Canadians should have a realistic understanding.
I know shipping is not cheap but $55 for some alcohol inks?

Glitter Queen

Default Special Security

Quote:

Originally Posted by myhappyplaceView Post
special security? what would that be? You want us to believe YOUR packages go through special screening but other places don't?
Yes, exactly. All international parcels must go through special screening at the US Post Office. They are scanned in various ways and they go through a special process.

The warehouse we use (and share) is one of very few which are specially authorized to completely bypass USPS security screening. All security screening is done in advance in the warehouse and the parcels travel in a special high security container directly to the post office. This requires special handling and parcel separation throughout the process.

Because that screening and special handling is very expensive and because Frugalities tries to offer the very lowest prices we don't want to pay for this costly security. We can avoid the costs and the special handling if we DO NOT ship ANY international orders out of the warehouse.

Manifesting is more than filling out the slip of paper. It is a complicated process that we avoid if we do not ship international parcels. Manifesting is done after a parcel is turned in to the post office...except in this shared warehouse it is done within the warehouse and the manifests are electronically transmitted to the post office. It is a costly and largely manual process.

You are also correct that this problem happened because we did not have any way to completely disable the ability to accept international orders. We depended upon several warning messages through the checkout process, and the hopes that the $55.95 shipping charge would stop a customer long enough to read the message next to the price. But we should have found a way to disable the international option...as we now have managed to do.

This problem originally occurred because of two errors:

1) We should not have depended upon warning messages and a high shipping price to stop international orders. We should have found a way to implement a block on international orders to prevent them. We have now done this.

2) The customer should have read and headed the warning messages. They should have stopped when they say the $55.95 shipping charge, rather than clicking on it (twice) that they approved. The customer should not have disregarded the help page information after viewing it. That lesson is probably learned, too.

In the end, had our systems blocked all international orders from the outset then this problem wouldn't have happened.
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Right...however....they need to check and double check.

A deal too good to be true, is probably not a deal.
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianalc7View Post
I think that the reason so many are upset here is not because of "One Customer, or One Experience" but because of the extremely rude letter from customer service. Everyone can understand how a mistake can be made while ordering or a misunderstanding can occur. This could have and should have been worked out in a peaceful manner. The OP admitted that she did not read the emails that had the amount on them, (I have been known to not check them myself from time to time). If there had been a phone number she might could have called and settled it over the phone.

The BIG problem here is the LETTER from Customer Service. That was totally unprofessional and extremely rude. It immediately makes others wonder how they will be treated if they have a problem. Yes, the OP did post about this and that is what we do on Splitcoast. We support each other when one of us has a problem. When I first read the post, my thought was, I hope they get it worked out. Then I saw the copy of THE LETTER. That upset me and many, many others. Good customer service is sooooooooo important. If this company is hurt by this, they should look at their Customer Service Rep for blame and maybe put more effort into proper training of that department.

I would hate to see their business hurt also, but customers are what makes a company successful. It is important to treat them with understanding, not rudeness. Maybe this can serve as an eye opener for them and they will make some changes to assure that they don't have this problem again.
Stampin' Fool

Thank jwjazz. Guys lets just stop this ok, we dont need to argue about it and if you have problems with teh letter DJ sent me please PM frugalities here or email them. thank you.

Kookie Creator

Quote:

It is very likely that DJ is the owner and only "customer service rep" there is. Many online companies are owned and operated by 1 to 5 people and out of someone's home. My mom and her husband run an online store from their home, but when talking to customers, they make it sound like they are a big business with many employees. Most people feel more comfortable when dealing with a business that is large, has a "warehouse" and a "customer service department". I put these words in quotes because, in fact, these things don't exist; they are simply a one or two man operation in a home office!

After reading the various posts by Frugalities.com and the e-mails from DJ, I suspect they are the same person. The reason DJ is allowed to speak this way to customers, is because he/she is the owner and he/she just doesn't care,or perhaps you caught DJ on a bad day.

Deborah
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I think that the reason so many are upset here is not because of "One Customer, or One Experience" but because of the extremely rude letter from customer service. Everyone can understand how a mistake can be made while ordering or a misunderstanding can occur. This could have and should have been worked out in a peaceful manner. The OP admitted that she did not read the emails that had the amount on them, (I have been known to not check them myself from time to time). If there had been a phone number she might could have called and settled it over the phone.

The BIG problem here is the LETTER from Customer Service. That was totally unprofessional and extremely rude. It immediately makes others wonder how they will be treated if they have a problem. Yes, the OP did post about this and that is what we do on Splitcoast. We support each other when one of us has a problem. When I first read the post, my thought was, I hope they get it worked out. Then I saw the copy of THE LETTER. That upset me and many, many others. Good customer service is sooooooooo important. If this company is hurt by this, they should look at their Customer Service Rep for blame and maybe put more effort into proper training of that department.

I would hate to see their business hurt also, but customers are what makes a company successful. It is important to treat them with understanding, not rudeness. Maybe this can serve as an eye opener for them and they will make some changes to assure that they don't have this problem again.
So true!!!

Also, if it was such a big deal of handling and "warnings" were missed wouldn't a friendly email verifying order have been a good idea.
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frugalities.comView Post
Yes, exactly. All international parcels must go through special screening at the US Post Office. They are scanned in various ways and they go through a special process.

The warehouse we use (and share) is one of very few which are specially authorized to completely bypass USPS security screening. All security screening is done in advance in the warehouse and the parcels travel in a special high security container directly to the post office. This requires special handling and parcel separation throughout the process.

Because that screening and special handling is very expensive and because Frugalities tries to offer the very lowest prices we don't want to pay for this costly security. We can avoid the costs and the special handling if we DO NOT ship ANY international orders out of the warehouse.

Manifesting is more than filling out the slip of paper. It is a complicated process that we avoid if we do not ship international parcels. Manifesting is done after a parcel is turned in to the post office...except in this shared warehouse it is done within the warehouse and the manifests are electronically transmitted to the post office. It is a costly and largely manual process.

You are also correct that this problem happened because we did not have any way to completely disable the ability to accept international orders. We depended upon several warning messages through the checkout process, and the hopes that the $55.95 shipping charge would stop a customer long enough to read the message next to the price. But we should have found a way to disable the international option...as we now have managed to do.

1) We should not have depended upon warning messages and a high shipping price to stop international orders. We should have found a way to implement a block on international orders to prevent them. We have now done this.

2) The customer should have read and headed the warning messages. They should have stopped when they say the $55.95 shipping charge, rather than clicking on it (twice) that they approved. The customer should not have disregarded the help page information after viewing it. That lesson is probably learned, too.

In the end, had our systems blocked all international orders from the outset then this problem wouldn't have happened.
Wow, special high security containers too? That's really impressive :rolleyes: and all the things you ship go through special security screening? How come you the only merchant that does that?

We don't inspect all cargo going on a plane but we inspect all of your cargo?

"Various ways and a special process" Can you elaborate or is this top secret? I'm wondering why nobody else has ever heard of this? How come the other merchants we shop with don't do this?

So this post office wouldn't care if you were sending ME a bomb or anthrax or something, they just don't want you sending it to Canada? Is that right? That's why you have to perform this special screening on packages going to Canada but not to me?

The biggest problem in all this are:

1) that you are posting here, hashing out your customer service issues here. We won't even get into the truthfulness of your statements.

2) that you are blaming the customer.

3) that you are blaming the customer, in public, to OTHER customers/former customers/potential customers.

4) you are revealing details about her transaction. It's one thing for HER to state how much she paid for something. It is not your place to disclose the details of her order to the public

5) that you compared us to a lynch mob, implying that we are just following along, never one considering the possibility that we have an opinion of you not based on the original problem you had with the OP but with the way you handled and continue to handle it

Noun1.lynch mob - a mob that kills a person for some presumed offense without legal authority

As far as you posting here at all...IMO you shouldn't be. You joined with your company name for the sole intent, based on the posts you have made, to defend and/or promote your company.

We are a group of stampers/scrappers. There are some of us who have opened their own stores. Sometimes they post to clear up a factual error about a product. I don't love the idea of them posting a response to a customer service issue either, however, they have earned a little more wiggle room by virtue of also being crafters and of being "one of us" before they were a merchant. We know that they are here, first and foremost because they love the things we love.

It's like I go to Panera every Wednesday because my friends and I get together to stamp and scrap there. We chat about whatever and drink coffee etc.

One day we are sitting talking about Susie's Stamps. We heard the stamps were really small, etc. Well, it just so happens that Susie is sitting next to us! Having come to drink coffee and hang out with her friends and scrap. She says, ladies, just so you know, I'm the owner of that place and I overheard what you were saying and just wanted to let you know...blah blah blah

I'm cool with that.

Now, on the other hand, I'm in Panera on a Wednesday and we're all talking about how expensive shipping from Frugalities is. You, owner of Frugalities had heard through the grapevine that amongst the chatting, scrappin mom's in Panera you had a bad rep for expensive shipping. So you show up at Panera and start disputing the idea that your shipping is excessive. You tell us, at our table, that the woman 3 tables down who had the original problem with your shipping, is actually to blame, etc.

Not cool.

Maybe the better idea is to take out an ad in Panera. Apologize to that lady tables down for the misunderstanding. Don't come into our crop to tell us what an idiot you think one of us is.

Also not cool.
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

No doubt this has been an unfortunate situation for everybody concerned.

I urge everyone to step back.
Hardware Hotshot

Here's what is interesting to me -- are they one in the same?
Frugalities.com
Addictedtoscrapbooking.com
Addictedtorubberstamps.com
They all share the same corporate address and suite number.
Addictedtorubberstamps does ship to Canada at much more reasonable rates.
Frugalities.com does not (now?) ship to Canada.
Addictedtoscrapbooking -- didn't bother to look at them.
I think these are probably brother/sister companies with the same parent. Does anyone know? Just curious.

Glenda
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubblegum girlView Post

-DJ, Customer Service

DJ really doesn't have a clue about customer service. Since there is no phone number you couldn't have called her. If you emailed you would have only contacted her. So what was she suggesting? Obviously, DJ didn't anticipate you sharing her very insulting and unprofessional letter here on SCS, and the reaction it would receive. If it would have only been the ridiculous shipping amount that would have been one thing but to read that nasty letter and then her second response? Wow, they really don't have a customer service department.

I appreciate Chelsey sharing her experience. I wonder how many others have had similar experiences and aren't member of SCS?
Gabfest Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinXtraView Post
It is very likely that DJ is the owner and only "customer service rep" there is. Many online companies are owned and operated by 1 to 5 people and out of someone's home. My mom and her husband run an online store from their home, but when talking to customers, they make it sound like they are a big business with many employees. Most people feel more comfortable when dealing with a business that is large, has a "warehouse" and a "customer service department". I put these words in quotes because, in fact, these things don't exist; they are simply a one or two man operation in a home office!

After reading the various posts by Frugalities.com and the e-mails from DJ, I suspect they are the same person. The reason DJ is allowed to speak this way to customers, is because he/she is the owner and he/she just doesn't care,or perhaps you caught DJ on a bad day.

Deborah
Thta's not true. DJ is not the owner.

I will confess.

After reading about three pages of this thread, I called Frugalities. I asked to speak to a customer service rep. I got a really nice lady on the phone. I asked her if a "DJ" worked there in customer service. She said yes. Then, I explained what had happened to this customer and that there was a thread on this message board that should be addressed. I felt morally obligated to make that call. You see, I would hate to see a business get ruined for misguided actions one bad employee.

My feeling is this. As a business owner, if I had an employee that was doing something behind my back that was hurting my business, I would hope and pray that someone would contact me as the owner or contact a supervisor in my company who supervised the person who wrote these emails and let us know about it. Then, I would have the opportunity to come here and apologize and try to make things right.

The lady on the phone was concerned and said that she would discuss it with her supervisor and that they would try to make it right. I felt good about that because I wanted both this customer and the company to have a good result.

I felt like the company needed an opportunity to come here and clarify that this is not their philosphy but rather the poor judgement on an employee.

I will not state my opinion regarding the posts of this company. They have to handle their business the way they see fit.

But, if indeed this had happened to me or any of the other business owners that I know personally who frequent this site, and who I deeply respect, I am sure that we would have made a statement that would show you how much we value our customers and our deepest regret that someone affiliated with us had made someone feel like their business was not appreciated.

I also agree that someone has the right to post bad experiences to protect others from less than honest vendors. I would also hope that before that happens that the customer would approach the compnay first and allow them the opportunity to reconcile the situation. It does sound like that avenue was explored first and that the customer was met with an unfortunate customer service rep.

I really hope that something can be worked out to everyone's satisfaction.

My philosophy is this, (And I have trained customer service people in the past using these words.)

"Would you rather be right, or would you rather be happy?"

I'll take happy any day.

Hugs,
Gina K.

Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRRView Post
No doubt this has been an unfortunate situation for everybody concerned.

I urge everyone to step back.
thanks julie i posted some thing like this but teh ladies bypassed it. and daven is planning on shutting down this thread.

Stampin' Fool

Gina i love you... lol seriously thanks for doing taht, i never meant for this to explode the way it did and how you got frugalities number is beyond me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GinaKView Post

I will confess.

After reading about three pages of this thread, I called Frugalities. I asked to speak to a customer service rep. I got a really nice lady on the phone. I asked her if a "DJ" worked there in customer service. She said yes. Then, I explained what had happened to this customer and that there was a thread on this message board that should be addressed. I felt morally obligated to make that call. You see, I would hate to see a business get ruined for misguided actions one bad employee.

My feeling is this. As a business owner, if I had an employee that was doing something behind my back that was hurting my business, I would hope and pray that someone would contact me as the owner or contact a supervisor in my company who supervised the person who wrote these emails and let us know about it. Then, I would have the opportunity to come here and apologize and try to make things right.

The lady on the phone was concerned and said that she would discuss it with her supervisor and that they would try to make it right. I felt good about that because I wanted both this customer and the company to have a good result.

I felt like the company needed an opportunity to come here and clarify that this is not their philosphy but rather the poor judgement on an employee.

I will not state my opinion regarding the posts of this company. They have to handle their business the way they see fit.

But, if indeed this had happened to me or any of the other business owners that I know personally who frequent this site, and who I deeply respect, I am sure that we would have made a statement that would show you how much we value our customers and our deepest regret that someone affiliated with us had made someone feel like their business was not appreciated.

I also agree that someone has the right to post bad experiences to protect others from less than honest vendors. I would also hope that before that happens that the customer would approach the compnay first and allow them the opportunity to reconcile the situation. It does sound like that avenue was explored first and that the customer was met with an unfortunate customer service rep.

My philosophy is this, (And I have trained customer service people in the past using these words.)

I'll take happy any day.

Hugs,
Gina K.

Hardware Hotshot

Phone number for ATRS 253-925-5200 or 800-913-ATRS
Phone number for ATSB 253-925-5200 or 800-913-ATSB

My guess would be Frugalities.com could be reached at the 253-925-5200 phone number even though it does not appear they want to post their phone number on their website.

Glenda
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frugalities.comView Post

How sad. You're still not apolgizing for the rude letters and still trying to shift the blame to the customer. I just used your shopping cart the other day and it gave me two different totals. I'm hoping that I'm billed the correct one because I sure don't want to deal with your so called Customer Service.
Pearl-ExPert

Having worked in customer service most of my life, this letter and whole thing really knocks me for a loop. Whoa - if I wrote a letter like that to a customer I would have lost my job within minutes. One of the major rules of retail business is that the customer is always right. And when the customer isn't right, there are ways to word things so that the customer isn't insulted or ridiculed. Is there a way to let the manufacturers of the products themselves know what kind of treatment you have received? If I produced alcohol inks I wouldn't want this place to sell them. It sounds as if their computer system may have a kink in it and needs to be looked at. Anyway, I agree with the people who suggested sending the package back, refused, unopened, BUT make sure with mastercard that you can cancel the payment. There are dozens of other online companies out there, and one of them would welcome your business, charge you fairly, and treat you like a priceless customer instead of chopped liver. Sorry this happened to you. Unfortunately, as a lawyer once told me, there is no law against being rude. And Frugalites customer service reply strikes me as rude. Good luck in your struggle. Also, when this issue came up on a thread a few months ago, someone in US offered to have stuff shipped to her and to ship it on to the Canandian SCSer. Maybe someone near the border might be willing and able to help you and other Canandians in the future. Seems to me like if the company is in business to sell, then it is a cost of doing business to fill out forms, file customs reports, etc. Not something to BLAME the customer for. Ok I am almost through ranting. Yep, through. Good luck.
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Loading up all my B's and headed to the best gathering evah!

I've read this whole thread for the last 45 minutes. Very interesting....

I have have ordered from this company before and had not a problem with price or shipping. I don't have a problem ordering from them again. That doesn't mean I won't be careful and read the fine print before I click on submit. But, I pretty much consider that my responsibility anytime I order online anyway.
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by GinaKView Post

I will confess.

I'll take happy any day.

Hugs,
Gina K.

I was given that advice very early on in my marriage also. It's a great way to think.

As a customer, I LOVE feeling appreciated. The little extras you throw in, candy or ribbon, I got some little watercolor sample thingys last time. Emily listening to our ideas. Nichole emailing me to thank me for feedback. After Eclectic Paperie (am I spelling that right? :rolleyes: ) emailed me, like 3 WEEKS or whatever after I asked about the doodlebug houses I actually called my husband AT WORK to tell him and even he was impressed. He said, wow, they're really on their game. So what did I do? I went, got the houses and about 30-35 Copic markers plus some paper and a couple of tins. That email was what made me feel justified in dropping all that dough on markers LOL Truthfully, just GIVE most of us some justification to spend money.

Well, honey, I was only going to get those houses I had asked if they carried, but those dang eP girls were just so nice, I felt like I JUST had to buy some other stuff to show how much I appreciated their customer service :mrgreen: Twist my arm....
Sassy Shani

Good grief. Can this thread be locked already? Daven and Julie have BOTH pretty much said to knock it off.

:rolleyes:
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShanonView Post
Good grief. Can this thread be locked already? Daven and Julie have BOTH pretty much said to knock it off.

:rolleyes:

I think everyone is having a civil discussion. I don't see any reason to knock it off or lock the thread. Really, companies get discussed all the time and when it's SU that's the punching bag we're expected to have a thick skin and not take it personal.

People are discussing actual issues, not just being bratty to the company and I don't think anyone is out of control. I'm not saying everyone agrees but then again we never all agree.
Gallery Gazer

I am sortof new here but have seen much worse conversations. Maybe they didn't get as much publicity or last as long. I didn't like them so I just ignored them and didn't post anything. I don't really understand why people are even worried about it. If you don't want to be involved in the heated discussion then don't.
Mad Swapper

It's kind of ashame that they are having all of these issues. This is NOT the first time I have heard of issues with the company. All started with them not stating on their website that they DON"T give original credits back. Only house credits. I was tempted at first to order but after reading alot of these issues I won't be ordering anytime in the near future. First I think that they should deal with the one and most important aspect of the company " CUSTOMER SUPPORT ". I worked in CS for many years. Got yelled at alot but always kept my cool and tried to make the customer happy. I wish them the best of luck.
Sassy Shani

It appears that the OP is 17 years old and that is why her parents are involved.
Mad Swapper

Perfectly said!

Quote:

Originally Posted by myhappyplaceView Post
I think everyone is having a civil discussion. I don't see any reason to knock it off or lock the thread. Really, companies get discussed all the time and when it's SU that's the punching bag we're expected to have a thick skin and not take it personal.

People are discussing actual issues, not just being bratty to the company and I don't think anyone is out of control. I'm not saying everyone agrees but then again we never all agree.