Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-21-2005, 12:00 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interested in a tool class?

I'm a new demo and am considering doing a tool class for my customers. There would be no charge for the class since there would be no make n takes--just the tools and some scrap cs to try them with. I would have the Perfect Layers tools, Stamp a ma jig, color wheel (yes, it's a tool) and wheel guide. I would do a brief presentation on how the tools are used and why they are so great. The customers would then have an opportunity to play with the tools and try the tools for themselves. I know I often don't "get" why a tool is so great (like the Stamp a ma jig) is so great until I can use them. I would also have the storage products SU makes to show their versatility and quality of construction.

Does this sound like something that you would be interested in? Any suggestions on what you would like to see for this type of class? I'm open to all opinions and suggestions.

"Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment" -Ben Franklin
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2005, 12:04 PM   #2  
Glitter Queen

Thumbs up Tool Class

I think that's a great idea. I'm new to SU and will consider setting one of these up in my future workshop schedules. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2005, 10:56 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

From a customer's viewpoint, I always like a make and take. Even something small gives me the feeling that I have learned a new skill which translates "time well spent."
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2005, 04:24 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the idea is a good one, however, if you provide something for them to make, they will feel like the accomplished something as well as be able to bring it home and continue looking at it....you know get them hooked! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2005, 05:32 PM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

I would love to take a tool class...great idea! Like the others have said, a simple M&T would help hook the attendees and give them something for reference later. You wouldn't need a M&T for every tool, just something that shows a finished product using one of the tools.

One additional thing I would suggest is to make up a sample for each of the featured tools. Seeing something cool will make more of an impression than just playing with the tools on their own.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2005, 09:17 PM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

I think it's a great idea! I think a small make & take would be good though - like an embossed tag or a mini card done with the layering tool. A bookmark stamped with a background stamp inked with the brayer, etc. If you consider the cost of such projects, you are looking at pennies, really. It does take time to prepare them.Maybe charge each person $2-5. And if they order something, that fee is waived. I think most people understand that you put time into make & takes and are willing to at least pay your costs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2005, 08:23 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper

As a customer, I would love a tool class. However, I would be willing to pay a small fee to be able to have make and takes for each tool. I love the make and takes we bring home from our stamp club and think it helps keep in mind how to use the tool. JMO

Sue
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2005, 11:10 AM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

I'm a customer and I would love to attend a tool class, when I first started stamping I had no idea what all the tools were for. I would also demo the tool kit with eyelets bc I knew what eyelets were but had no idea how to use them. I also agree with everyone else that a make and take you be a good idea and I would even be willing to pay for the projects. I wish you lived near me!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes