Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-05-2010, 07:23 AM   #1  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just the stamps, please!

Now that I've got the hard copy of the new SU catty in my hands, I've been making my list of new stamps that I'd like to order, and others that are on the fence.

Must haves:

Elizabeth...I love that it's only one stamp. Wish it was a clear, but will splurge for the wood. Man, just think of all the words (like the entire Teeny Tiny Wishes set!) that will fit in that frame! It's lovely.

Engraved Greetings...awesome! Two sentiments I need most often, and I love the look and the price, too. Wish they were clear, but oh well.

Timeless Treasures...totally cool vintage. I keep thinking of cool sentiments to stamp so that they look as if they come out of the phonograph.

Notably Ornate...I love how the big frame fits on a standard card, and I think the other two little frames can have the words omitted and swapped with other sentiments.

On the fence:

Aviary...I know that bird cages are the "in" thing right now, but this set will probably get dated fast. I do like the little owl...I don't have any owls, and I think he'd look really cute in the tree from Season of Friendship.

Have A Seat...love the graphic quality of this set, but wish it had some sentiments to go with it. Do I need another chair if the set Timeless treasures has one? Still, very cool.

Greeting Card Kids...cute, but will I use it? Not sure.

Okay, that's my list. What's on yours?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2010, 07:29 AM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still mulling things over, but you have given me some creative ideas for images I may have passed right over!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2010, 07:59 AM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryroseView Post
On the fence:

Aviary...I know that bird cages are the "in" thing right now, but this set will probably get dated fast. I do like the little owl...I don't have any owls, and I think he'd look really cute in the tree from Season of Friendship.

My friend said the same thing about wanting the set for just the owl. I personally am not a fan of the long-legged birds.

Have A Seat...love the graphic quality of this set, but wish it had some sentiments to go with it. Do I need another chair if the set Timeless treasures has one? Still, very cool.

I don't know, the sample on pg 196 looks pretty neat! (eek! and the owl is there, too!) But yes, I think it could use some sentiments.

Greeting Card Kids...cute, but will I use it? Not sure.
I thought the same thing. I can't think of anyone I'd send the little girl valentine to, or the schoolchildren, although they are cute.

Okay, that's my list. What's on yours?
Already ordered:
Growing Green-this was a last minute addition. I think that branch would make great background paper and the flowers look fun to use with copics or dp.

Just believe-I'm just imagining that tall stamp embossed with a sunset brayered behind it. And the square-ish frame fits some PTI mixed messages.

Notably ornate--yes, I love that big fancy ledger, too! There was one card (that I am of course unable to find now) that they stamped it onto a tall & skinny card and it looked cool, too. Plus that bird + some second generation stamping + baja breeze + gray = beautiful sympathy card.

Elements of style--ok, ok, the samples in the gallery won me over!

I decided to wait on Wonderfully Worn until I see some samples. I had A to Z on my list, but fortunately my demo pointed out that it is only 2 7/8 by 2 5/8, and that's just a bit too small for me to pay $10. I also like the idea of the confetti set, and like how they used it on the bird card sample, but it takes me forever to stamp things "randomly."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2010, 09:06 AM   #4  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Morning Cup! I fell in love the moment I saw it ... the best coffee set since Express Yourself (which was my first ever SU! set!)

The rest will have to wait until I see the gallery ... samples should be showing up soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2010, 11:15 AM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

Default So, what's to love?

Like the OP, I too like the Elizabeth stamp, but then I am a sucker for every frame set that comes down the pike. Not as bad as my long gone alphabet obsession, but still..... Regarding that luscious Elizabeth frame, why could they not have sized it so that the inner part of the frame would match the oval punch? I have both of the smaller ovals, not the larger, fatter one that was introduced last year, and the Elizabeth stamp design could have been easily tweaked to fit one of the dimensions of the punch.

I liked the fact that they are listing compatable punches with the stamp sets. That seems to be a good move for the company (sell more punches and stamps) and the customer. I was surprised to see how many times they dropped the ball on that though. Those small sentiment sets in the back of the catalog are just made for the word window punch, but none of them list it. Why not? If I were a stamping novice, that would be a selling point for me. There are lots of other sets in the catalog that are new, but not compatable with the punches. Some of the flower sets are so close that I don't understand why they wouldn't tweak the design so that they would fit.

I like Greeting Card Kids also. I like the sentiment with the Christmas set that has the sled leaning by the front door. It says " No matter where in the world you roam, at Christmastime, all hearts come home." I don't know if I quoted it exactly (and I'm too lazy to go get the catalog), but it made me weepy just reading that one! Rats! It's only offered in wood mount. I'm thinking that the sentiment with the little girl and the sled from greeting card kids would be my choice for a Christmas card this year.

Noteably Ornate is one that I really like as well. I even like two of the level one hostess sets. That's unusual! The punch buddy set and the one on the facing page, the two step sentiments, or is it afterthoughts? I could use those! The only problem is getting to the level where I can choose two level one sets is $400 and even with doing a book party, I'm not sure I'll make that!

Jutta
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2010, 12:24 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

4 Studio Sketches 29
3 Full Speed Ahead 50
2 Countryside 115
5 Homegrown 115
1 D�co Noble 125
1 Music Notes 125
3 Sens du temps 127
2 �l�ments de style 133
5 Big Bold Cupcakes 211

This is my wishlist, in order of page number. <grin>
I also ranked them according to how badly I want them (1 means I will buy it definitely, all the way to 5, meaning if needed, I can wait for it to show up on Ebay when it retires for cheaper, or not buy it at all). I have until SAB to change my mind.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2010, 12:55 PM   #7  
Kookie Creator

Where can I get a hard copy of the SU catalog? I looked on one of my demo's sites and it was just words, no pictures to accompany. I had no idea what the stuff looked like. If you can't tell I am VERY new to SU lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2010, 01:09 PM   #8  

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinetickatieView Post
Where can I get a hard copy of the SU catalog? I looked on one of my demo's sites and it was just words, no pictures to accompany. I had no idea what the stuff looked like. If you can't tell I am VERY new to SU lol.
On either your demo's website, or on the SU! site (www.stampinup.com) you can go to Products > Catalogues (or similar) and find a pdf of the catalogue that you can download.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2010, 01:18 PM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

On first look thru...i really like the hostess sets..

Birthday Bakery p10
Punch Potpourri p10...actually i want all of the level 1's!

I think the samples in the catalog are great...

need Wicked Cool p23
greeting card kids..really sweet p36
Morning cup p60
grundge rock p87
Just Believe (really want this one)
perfect punches p131
Elements of Style ( really beautiful samples with this one!)
Word Play

There will be more...a great catalog overall, i think.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2010, 04:43 PM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

To the above poster, I like all the level one's too, which has never happened!

To the OP....I'm on the fence about the kids and the birds too. I think they are way cute but not sure I would use them a lot.

I just ordered Homegrown, Morning cup (more of a tea fan than coffee but it was cute), ornate blossom, and butterfly prints. Planning on getting funky four and grunge rock for sure and probably some others too. I also earned a free set during SAB time so I got the clear broadsheet alphabet and then ordered the accents to go with it....I think it will be cool for scrapping our wedding!

I also already have artistic etchings from pre-order and I LOVE it as well as friends never fade. I also think the milk carton set it cute and a neat idea to use with the die....BUT I think I have make like 5 or 6 cartons since getting the die...so not sure how much I'd use it.

I really like the catty, the looks of it and the stamps and samples. I'm glad I don't like TOO many sets although I end up liking more and more and I'm also glad to see some back from the mini's. Looking forward to the new Holiday mini as well...

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2010, 04:59 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm for SURE getting Wicked Cool and Greeting Card Kids.

I really like Funky Four, but it is pretty trendy and maybe that trend is about to pass for me.
I have deep love for Just Believe, but it's a lot of money for my budget and I have some similar sets.

I can't decide if I would get the silhouette sentiments hostess or the paper.
Reply With Quote Likes