Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-28-2006, 10:49 AM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 91 Likes on 75 Posts
Default Keeping a copy of your cards

Do you make a duplicate card & save it? I am running out of room and was thinking of using a compter printout of the card for reference. What do you feel is better? A real card or a compter printout? I am all so running out of cardstock very quickly, so that is why I am condistering a printout. What are you doing for "copies" of your cards?
Thanks for your opinion.
Leslie
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2006, 10:52 AM   #2  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use my SCS gallery as a digital library of what I've done. If I make something I'm not planning on uploading, I just save the scanned image in a folder on my computer. Of course, that's not to say that I don't have WAY TOO many of my cards sitting in drawers around this room.
Illustrator: Whipper Snapper Designs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2006, 10:54 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, sometimes I wish I made 2 copies of my cards, just because then i'd have lots on-hand if I needed one quickly. But half the time I don't know if I'm going to like the finished product, so I only make one, and I hope it turns out. I do try and scan all of my finished cards before sending them. I just save them on to my computer. In theory, I do this so I can go back and look at cards and get inspiration. But in reality, if I need inspiration-- I go to the SCS gallery!

Sarah
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2006, 11:01 AM   #4  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I also use the SCS gallery as a digital scrapbook of my work. I used to try to save everything, but I find I go to "paper" less and less these days. If I see something that inspires me, I scan it or save it and then LET IT GO! Simple is good and is my new modus operandi!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2006, 11:07 AM   #5  
PAPER SCAPER

I scan or photograph my projects and keep files on my computer and CDs. When I finish a card and know I'll never do it again I don't bother. But if the technique or layout is worth repeating I can always go back and find it.
It has also shown me how I have progressed in my skills and many of the old photos get deleted.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2006, 11:26 AM   #6  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetMissDaisy
I use my SCS gallery as a digital library of what I've done. If I make something I'm not planning on uploading, I just save the scanned image in a folder on my computer. Of course, that's not to say that I don't have WAY TOO many of my cards sitting in drawers around this room.
Yup, this is me too! I scan everything I make, why make 2? LOL I hate making 2 of the same card even at Christmas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2006, 11:49 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Ditto :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2006, 12:23 PM   #8  
Glitter Guru

Yep...I TRY to remember to scan everything. But, then I print it out and keep it in a binder. TRY to put info on the page, like the reason for the card (birthday, anniversary, swap, etc.) and who it eventually went to.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2006, 12:28 PM   #9  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never make the same card twice. I scan mine, so I do have a record of my work. It's fun to see how my skills have grown in the last few years. Some of my first cards were pretty lame! I've thought about going back and re-doing some of my earlier efforts, but I seem to have too many new ideas to bother with re-makes.
I sell quite a few cards, and send many to friends and family, but I still have scads here and there in my workroom. I'm going to start giving the leftovers away to charitable groups.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2006, 12:35 PM   #10  
Crimping Master

Location: I am a Utah desert rat! I fry in the summer, but, oh, the winters are spectacular!

Wow! All of you amaze me. I always do at least 6 of everything I do. It is just as fast and easy to make multiples once I have all of the measurements, etc. I keep one of everything I do. Yes, it does take up space, but I find my customers like to actually pick up a card for an idea.

I also take photos of everything and store them on my computer. I have now gone through some of my early stuff and used them. This cleans out the masses eventually. Of course, I have only been stamping for about two years. That makes a difference. It's not like I am storing 10 years of work. Eventually I am sure I'll have to rethink my organizational issues.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2006, 12:44 PM   #11  
Gabfest Goddess

I have a card front for every card I have ever made. I keep them in the photo storage boxes. I write all the dimensions on the back so that if I need to make the card again or want to make something similar I have all the info I need.

My customers really enjoy looking through the box of cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2006, 09:23 PM   #12  
Mad Swapper

I just make a quick color photocopy (using my scanner) and then put it in a binder. If I have several cards, I can get a few on one page. Then I usually add notes about the colors that were used.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2006, 12:23 PM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by mackbrad
I have a card front for every card I have ever made. I keep them in the photo storage boxes.
I'm the same way. I make a half card (front only) for my "stash" and then if I like the way it turns out, I make a full card to give away.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2006, 12:59 PM   #14  
Stampin' Fool

I have a very low attention span so find it boring making 2 cards the same! LOL I scan most of my cards, reduce the size, save them to a file on my desktop and when the page is full print it out and store the page in a binder. I usually get 8 to 12 cards on a page. I look back at some of my earlier cards in the binder now and cringe with shame!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2006, 01:55 PM   #15  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

this is me too, that is why I put so much detail into my directions on this site, so I can case myself again
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2006, 02:05 PM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tilly
... I look back at some of my earlier cards in the binder now and cringe with shame!

Me, too. But a few of them I am amazed at what I did with one stamp and a crimper and a couple of markers. That was before the days of more than black and white ink. And my first sellabration. Oh I took up much less space.

I keep a digital library of my cards, but I usually make 2 or more of the same card (like Geneal) It's just easy to keep on trucking once I've started with an idea.

"Strange women lying in ponds throwing swords is no basis for a system of government" ---Dennis

My Humble Gallery but it's growing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2006, 02:32 PM   #17  
Insane Embellisher

I scan every card I make and number them..when I send one out I have a notebook and write to whom I sent it and the number. That way I can not duplicate something similar the nex birthday etc. Used to print them out but it took too much ink.. So the computer gets to save them.
Reply With Quote Likes