Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-02-2015, 03:43 AM   #81  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Goals....life seems to get away from me more and more each year. I have been away from SCS for awhile but one of my goals was to get back on here and participate again - I always loved it in years past!

I decided several years ago I no longer wanted to make "showpiece" cards that never got sent out to anyone so I quit making cards altogether (I swear I must have had THOUSANDS from being on design teams and HAVING to use stuff.) But I miss it so I am back with a different outlook. I have no birthday cards to send out so I am hoping to build up a stash of those because I might actually send those out. I also want to have some birthday tags and gift card holders on hand for when my daughter is invited to birthday parties rather than doing the panicked last-minute half *****__ job I usually do so I can get some pleasure out of it!

I am also determined to catch up on my scrapbooking like several other folks mentioned. This is one area where I feel like the supplies aren't "wasted" if that makes any sense. And my kids love looking at them. I will be hosting one of the scrapbook challenges here on SCS and participating more in those challenges and forums so I hope others join us!

I also have ALOT of stuff to sell and I really need to get on that - I even took pictures of a lot of it I just need to get it done. I need to get rid of all my old paper that I am tired of looking at. I set a goal to quit buying everything I see several years ago and have done well with that but now I am wishing I had new stuff but selling the old stuff leaves me a little panicky feeling :P Money is tight and I am afraid I won't be able to get new stuff hahahah!

I am hoping staying crafty will also help me with another goal - I was put on several anti-depressants after I had my daughter and have battled depression and anxiety for most of my life. The side effects of the drugs are bad though and I want off of them. I got off one of them 2 years ago and it was truly truly awful and scary - withdrawal symptoms can be severe. I am getting off the last one now and to be honest I am scared of the withdrawal I will have to go through again. This is the 3rd time I have tried with this last one but I am determined. Hubby is not terribly supportive. I have explained it to my daughter and will explain it to my son and his GF (they live with us) so they understand what's going on when I am struggling. We are also seeing a therapist to help too but I am hoping giving myself an escape with my scrapbooking will help. I need to take care of myself as much as I can to get through it. It can take up to a year to get through it. The first medication took 1 1/2 years of hell ugh!

I have a good start - in the past week I have organized my scrapbooks (they were out of order) and organized my photos to get them ready to methodically go through, edit, print and SCRAP! I may use some of the card challenges and do pages instead :P
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2015, 07:36 PM   #82  
Insane Embellisher

My goal is to get Birthday cards out on TIME! My hubby keeps telling me, that for someone that makes cards and teaches card classes,..... I am not so good at that! January is almost done, and I met the goal for THIS month! Yeah!!!!!

www.funstampersjourney.com/julierobinson
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2015, 08:44 PM   #83  
Mad Swapper

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cerridwen, your plan sounds healthy and good. Crafting is healing for me and I hope it will be for you, too. Good luck, hang in there, and may we all be successful with our goals this year...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2015, 08:28 AM   #84  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

My goal is to send more cards to people and stop missing their birthdays :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2015, 09:35 AM   #85  
Stampin' Fool

Use what I have, and spend less
Karen S
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2015, 03:51 AM   #86  
Swapper of the Month February 2013

Received 37 Likes on 15 Posts

I find it interesting that so many people are making a goal to shop their stash. I guess I wasn't the only one who bought way too much and now realize that I will never run out of stuff - LOL!!! My goal for 2015 is simple - use what I have and enjoy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2015, 05:13 AM   #87  
Embossing Fanatic

Send a message via Skype™ to sr2107

Ooh I love this topic and it is kind of nice to see that I am not the only one struggling to keep things on track, now in no particular order here are mine:

1. Get better in card making (practice, practice, practice)
2. Comment more and be more active around here
3. Make more cards
4. Take part in card drives
5. keep up with my blog
6. Purge unused items every 4-6 months
7. Send more cards to family who live far away.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2015, 06:35 AM   #88  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 248 Likes on 132 Posts

I've watched as others do the "purge" ... or at least they give it a good try. That would be such a wonderful accomplishment for me ... but also very time-consuming. Eeeeeeeeeek!

So my goal(s) will seem as a short list, but the truth is, the first one will be huge. ;)
  • Begin to do the 'purge'. At least get started with selling in batches, maybe?
  • Send more cards this year! I was better in one category last year, but MUST enlarge that category and add in another.
Big improvements on both of the above would be SO gratifying! Someone remind me to look back at this in December, please, for a self-evaluation. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2015, 07:46 PM   #89  
Kookie Creator

1. Work on my inventory of craft supplies. First, I need to decide if I want a paper inventory, a digital inventory, or both. Right now, for example, I have stamp images on paper, but dies and inks are in Excel spreadsheets. If I buy a tablet, will I then want all supplies listed in the computer? Maybe? Hmm. Much to think about.
2. Clean/reorganize my craft room and label everything!
3. Attend at least one crop/workshop each month, in addition to my monthly stamp club. Already missed that goal in January. :
4. Develop a zen-like attitude about staying on budget. Last year, I seriously cut back on my craft expenses and was truly at peace about it. I didn�t feel at all deprived. Hope I can achieve that again this year.

I have other goals, but if I accomplish these four, I'll have a successful year.

Dea
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2015, 06:18 PM   #90  
Stazon Splitcoast

My goals that I had made in December for this year's crafting have already flown out the window so to speak due to circumstances beyond my control...

However, that being said, I have decided that I need to majorly DOWNSIZE :eek: and focus on what I really like to do rather than having all this clutter that was at one time the latest and greatest but didn't get touched! I'm intending for a lot of my downsizing to be donations and actually putting this stuff to use in some way and then out the door it shall *hopefully* go!

I'm pretty sure I shut my blog down til further notice! Perhaps forever!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2015, 07:49 PM   #91  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 380 Likes on 206 Posts

Softangelkisses,
I am right there with you!! I am challenging myself to use some of the stamp sets that have never seen ink (on the USEIT2015 thread); however, there are some I just put in the donation box while others I have struggled to make a few cards with. The cards are okay and usable, but I have no desire to use those stamps again! I have lots of paper that I have added to my donation box, too. And, YES, at one time I JUST HAD TO HAVE THIS STUFF!!!! lol
I think the clutter has choked my creative flow - so I, too, am starting a HUGE downsizing process.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2015, 08:35 PM   #92  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm in good company then, because my goals are similar to many...
Shop my stash, not the latest release
Actually use the card kit I receive every month
Send more cards!
Reply With Quote Likes