Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-02-2005, 02:19 PM   #1  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Love the Holiday Season, But...

I don't want to start stamping holiday/Christmas cards yet! I LOVE the holidays, but I don't want to get tired of them before they are over. Anyone else in the same boat? I told me demo that I wouldn't order any holiday sets until the end of October because I wanted to savor the holidays.

I know that some of you are demos and need to get started early for your crazy customers like me and others have hundreds of holiday/Christmas cards to get out and you are pacing yourself, so you aren't doing it at the last minute. (Which is why I start at the beginning of November.)

Anyone else out there LOVE the holidays, but are holding out to savor the season?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2005, 03:17 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts

I'm with you, I usually don't start my cards until after Nov. 1st, there is just no way I can even think about anything Christmas until then. Of course, then I usually have to scramble to get them done in time. I'm not that way with Christmas shopping, though, I can do that any time of year, but making things is different. Part of the reason for me, however, is that my kids play soccer until the end of October, and my life is literally consumed with that until then. Then I have a little more free time. Looking forward to it, by the way!
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2005, 06:40 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

LOL, well, I can certainly see your point about hating to rush the holidays! I mean, stores here have been sporting Halloween stuff for MONTHS!

To be fair, though, in order for you to order sets towards the end of October so you can start stamping the first of November, your demo needs to order sets and prepare workshops to be held during October for you. Quite often that entails going to websites like SCS to get ideas from other folks in the same boat. Where they will find cards done by people who have pre-ordered sets and played with them LONG before summer's even over..........and on and on and on.....lol.

I guess it'll be like forcing yourself not to peek for presents before Christmas....tough I know!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2005, 06:51 PM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Yeah, I do not even like to think about Christmas until November. I just started to decorate for Halloween yesterday. I was shocked when I went to the store the other day and saw Christmas decorations already, right next to the Halloween stuff. It seems like the stores put the holiday stuff out earlier and earlier each year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2005, 01:01 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I've already started my Christmas cards. I get tired of making the same card over and over, so I like to do a little at a time! That reminds, me I have no Halloween cards and no Halloween or autumn decorations up. Everyone is different!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2005, 07:02 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am doing a Christmas Stamp-A-Stack this week, and personally, I think it is too soon. I would have rather waited for the end of the month, but I am not going to say NO to a customer. For my other events in October I will let them use the punch kit and make a Halloween Card. November we will make one Thanksgiving card and ONE Holiday Card! I do want to show the Christmas/Holiday stamps, but I don't want to get tired of them either.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:44 AM   #7  
Inking Addict

I usually don't start either until at least November .. I have started ordering some Xmas stamp sets, and just received Trim the Tree and Merry Minstrels the other day .. seeing both those sets did put me in a Xmas mood for just a moment until I looked at the calendar and said it is only October --
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2005, 08:52 AM   #8  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZ
LOL, well, I can certainly see your point about hating to rush the holidays! I mean, stores here have been sporting Halloween stuff for MONTHS!

To be fair, though, in order for you to order sets towards the end of October so you can start stamping the first of November, your demo needs to order sets and prepare workshops to be held during October for you. Quite often that entails going to websites like SCS to get ideas from other folks in the same boat. Where they will find cards done by people who have pre-ordered sets and played with them LONG before summer's even over..........and on and on and on.....lol.

I guess it'll be like forcing yourself not to peek for presents before Christmas....tough I know!
I mentioned something about demos needing to get things ready for their customers. Completely understandable.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2005, 09:23 AM   #9  
Kookie Creator

I started my kids' Christmas cards this weekend. I have a 7 month old baby and don't get much more than 30 minutes at a time to stamp. So I decided to get a jump so I'm not panicing near the end.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2005, 09:36 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

StampinSweeny, I am with you!!!
I can't stand the Christmas rush! By Oct 10th or so I should be in the mood to make a Halloween card, but I'll have to order the set first so it would still be here by 10/17 or so & that would be plenty of time right!!!

I don't get in the mood for the holiday til it is the season of the holiday, for Christmas not until Dec 8th at least, and that depends on the weather. I make my cards last minute. Sadly, I pretty much do everything last minute! (Would like to say it's otherwie but wouldn't like to lie).

Last year I was kinda sad that I couldn't still order from the holiday mini in Dec. There's still enough time there in my mind!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2005, 10:25 AM   #11  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss
StampinSweeny, I am with you!!!
I can't stand the Christmas rush! By Oct 10th or so I should be in the mood to make a Halloween card, but I'll have to order the set first so it would still be here by 10/17 or so & that would be plenty of time right!!!

I don't get in the mood for the holiday til it is the season of the holiday, for Christmas not until Dec 8th at least, and that depends on the weather. I make my cards last minute. Sadly, I pretty much do everything last minute! (Would like to say it's otherwie but wouldn't like to lie).

Last year I was kinda sad that I couldn't still order from the holiday mini in Dec. There's still enough time there in my mind!!!
I totally love Christmas and want to cherish every minute of the season, but I like enjoying seasons as they come.

I do try to start my cards around the beginning of November b/c I got really sick one year a couple of weeks before Christmas and needless to say my DH ended up making about half of our cards while I was passed out. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2005, 07:11 PM   #12  
Glitter Guru

Before I became a demonstrator I wouldn't even begin my Holiday cards until Thanksgiving weekend, but now I start them the first week of October so I can use them for demos.

�So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.�
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2005, 07:15 PM   #13  
Hardware Hotshot

I'd like to say that I get everything done early, but that would be a lie!! I'm the biggest procrastinator in the world and probably won't even start until the end of November!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2005, 07:35 PM   #14  
Die Cut Diva

I grew up hating Christmas. My family was the family rushing 10 mins after church started (or any other family event for that matter). We put up our tree on Dec 23rd and everything was a mad rush. Along with the mad rush came arguments, arguments and arguments. It wasn't until I got married that I actually enjoyed Christmas. We put the tree up the first weekend of December. The presents are usually bought by then. We spend the month of Christmas playing Christmas music and didn't get tired at all. The only time I ever hear Christmas music and sigh is when it's coming and I'm totally unprepared. It's a little different here in Canada though becuase our Thanksgiving is the second Monday of October so all we have is Christmas to look forward to after Hallowe'en. I've been stressed all week about family arriving for Thanksgiving but at least I get a break before having to worry about Christmas. I'd be Holidayed out if I was in the States. I work on cards and presents all year round.

"Forget regret or life is yours to miss." - Jonathan Larson
Reply With Quote Likes