Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-24-2005, 04:42 AM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Luggage stamping

I'm leaving for Ireland on Friday. I'd like to identify my luggage easily. Any suggestions? Can you stamp on luggage (soft sided, not leather).

If not stamping, any suggestions would be welcome.

BTW, I'm very excited about my trip, and am so fortunate to be able to go on this trip. I promised to have a toast to Shannon when I'm there. Eileen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2005, 04:51 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,017 Likes on 870 Posts
Default luggage

I tie little pieces of ribbon on the zipper pulls- that helps me identify my luggage. I imagine you could laminate a stamped tag too! Have a great trip!!!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2005, 05:14 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

I have an obnoxious colored ribbon tied to my luggage handle. Right now it is an ugly lime green checked one. But - it works.
Have a wonderful trip. A friend just came back from Ireland and is absolutely in love with it. She couldnt stop talking about it and the pictures were beautiful.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2005, 06:24 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

My luggage is black, soft sided. I used white craft ink and stamped a large flower all over and then used a gold zig painty to make a spiral design in the center. It really stands out and makes it so much easier to find It has been on several flights and cruises so far and hasn't rubbed off at all.

My gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2005, 07:35 AM   #5  
ajm
Insane Embellisher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I stamped my black luggage a couple of years ago. I used DD Daisy and wanted purple. After a little practice, I discovered that the black absorbed all the color, so to make it stand out, I stamped in white first, let it dry and then stamped over it in purple - I used acrylic paint and a foam brush to put the paint on the stamp. I didn't heat set anything, because it wasn't going to be washed and the flowers still look very nice. You can spot those bags all the way across the airport. My DH wasn't too crazy about purple flowers though, so if I ever do it again, I'll have to pick something a little less girlie.

Ann
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2005, 07:43 AM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

I also tie a couple of different coloured ribbons in a couple of different spots, like handles on both sides, and zippers. Cause sometimes u cant always see it if it is only on one side.

Good luck, and have a great trip!

Sagittarius's rock! fire baby fire!

""God bless America. God save the Queen. God defend New Zealand and thank God for Australia"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2005, 07:57 AM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Default survey tape

We use tape that they use to survey with,tied on the bags. We have it in lime green, yellow red etc. Its plastic and breaks if pulled to hard. Won't fowl up their equipment. I have seen duck tape with initials on the side of a bag or a stripe with white plastic tape. I have also seen decals.
Besure to put your address and phone number inside bag. It helps to have your destition on bag so you can be called. We have put our cell number on tag so we could be reached.
We also take a digetal camera picture when we have all the bags packed. So we can rember how many bags and what color.
Packing some clothes in one bag and others in another is a big help if luggage is lost.
Besure to carry on your medcine, valueables etc. in your carry on baggage. An extra set of undies and toothbrush are nice if you lose a bag as well as a hair brush. Even a set of clothes is nice...
A copy of your credit card numbers and a extra set of glasses are also a good idea.
Take some type of snack item or lunch, dinner for plane. Salted pretzels and a soft drink get real old real fast. A bottled water is also a good idea. Some times it takes them a long time to get you served something. We take soft ear plugs, pillows and eye patches for sleeping really helps.
Have a good trip.
The numbers of airline service department and phone credit card can be helpful. We carry rules of flight of carriage with us. Then we know what our rights are on that airline. In case you get bumped and you didn't want to. It also helps to know what there luggage policies are how many bags, how heavy. They can get sticky about carry ons. Number for hotel and address are helpful some cities have more than one hotel of the same chain. I like to get triple AAA maps before we go to a city. We are members they also will have guides of some areas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2005, 08:10 AM   #8  
Compulsive Stamper

Default stamped luggage

For convention travel this year, I stamped my black soft sided luggage with the large butterfly from Flutterby set (now retired). I loved it, stamped at least one corner on each of the 6 sides so no matter how the luggage came out on the conveyor I could recognize my black back among the 100 others just like it.
My husband did not take too kindly to the idea, so I will have to stamp him one with deer or fish or something like that.

Good luck and have a wonderful time on your trip.

Jealous.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2005, 08:37 AM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

Default Luggage stamping

These are some great ideas, I will get busy this afternoon. Thank you for all the tips. I knew I could count on SCS for help. Eileen
Reply With Quote Likes