Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-09-2005, 05:45 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maybe signing as a Demo But .....

Have a question.
I know if you don't place your quarterly order, you get dropped as a Demo and loose all the perks.
What happens if a couple of months later you are able to start selling? Can you be reinstated, or do you have to start over again?

I emailed my Demo with this question, but haven't heard back from her.

Thanks - Ann
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2005, 05:52 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Hi Ann, I just signed up as a demo myself, so I'm new at this. It is my understanding that if you do not make your quarterly sales you are let go, but if you decide to give it another shot you must re-sign and purchase another demo kit.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2005, 05:58 AM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

They do give you the next quarter to make up what you weren't able to sell. So say come March, you only had $200 in sales. They would put you on some kind of probational status and give you until the end of the next quarter to make up the $100 PLUS $300 for that new quarter. If you aren't able to make it up, you get dropped, and then you have to sign up all over again, including buying another starter kit.

But they recently changed the start up rules in favor of new demos: When you sign up, you don't have to meet the minimum sales for the quarter you signed up in, but anything you DO make in that quarter will go towards your sales for your first full active quarter. Make sense? So if you sign up now, and make $300 by March, you would already have made your minimum for the following quarter. ;) Also, signing up at the start of a new quarter gives you the most time to get going! Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2005, 07:48 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Thanks for the info .. plus

one more question. You pick so many sets that come with your demo package. If you're allowed a set that is say $17.95 and the one you would really like is $18.95, can you pay the difference??

Thanks - Ann
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2005, 07:58 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

'fraid not, equally or lesser value only. You shouldn't have trouble finding another though. I think it's a good idea to see what's popular on this site because I've already changed my style since signing and sets I once thought were great I find too cutesy now. Hope that helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2005, 08:01 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Thanks

Was worth a try. LOL
Thanks for the help
- Ann
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2005, 08:08 AM   #7  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by noblerubies
They do give you the next quarter to make up what you weren't able to sell. So say come March, you only had $200 in sales. They would put you on some kind of probational status and give you until the end of the next quarter to make up the $100 PLUS $300 for that new quarter. If you aren't able to make it up, you get dropped, and then you have to sign up all over again, including buying another starter kit.
That's close, but not quite right. If you sell $200 for a given quarter, you will miss your minimum by $100 and will be put into "pending" status. From that time, you have ONE MONTH to make up the shortfall from the previous quarter (in this case $100) plus $100 for the first month of the next quarter. So, if you sold $200 for the quarter ending in March, you would need to sell an additional $200 by the end of April in order to regain active status. If you didn't, you would be dropped.

Also, if you do get dropped and want to re-sign... You DO need to buy the starter kit again. If it's within 6 months of being dropped, you can only sign up under your original upline. If you want to change uplines, you need to wait out the 6 month period.

What noblerubies said in her post about new demos was true. You do not have a minimum requirement until your first FULL quarter. So, if you sign up in January, February, or March, you will not have to make your minimum until the April-to-June quarter.

Hope that helps with your decision!

-Elissa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2005, 09:10 AM   #8  
Creative Director - My Favorite Things
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default actually...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElissaMoise
Quote:

Originally Posted by noblerubies
That's close, but not quite right. If you sell $200 for a given quarter, you will miss your minimum by $100 and will be put into "pending" status. From that time, you have ONE MONTH to make up the shortfall from the previous quarter (in this case $100) plus $100 for the first month of the next quarter. So, if you sold $200 for the quarter ending in March, you would need to sell an additional $200 by the end of April in order to regain active status. If you didn't, you would be dropped.

Also, if you do get dropped and want to re-sign... You DO need to buy the starter kit again. If it's within 6 months of being dropped, you can only sign up under your original upline. If you want to change uplines, you need to wait out the 6 month period.

What noblerubies said in her post about new demos was true. You do not have a minimum requirement until your first FULL quarter. So, if you sign up in January, February, or March, you will not have to make your minimum until the April-to-June quarter.

Hope that helps with your decision!

-Elissa
Okay, you almost got it right. If you don't sell the $200.00 by the end of April (using your example) you will be dropped... BUT you can apply for a one time status exception with DS so that you can become active again. Lets say you decide this in May... they will make you make up the difference for the quarter you were short, plus the $300.00 for the current quarter, AND you'll have to spend $50.00 for supplies. So you can actually demo still. The only catch is that you can only do this 1 time.

If you are dropped and want to re-sign. You have to purchase a new kit and sign up under your original recruiter or wait 6 months. IF your recruiter is inactive, you can sign up immediately under whoever you would like and not have to wait 6 months.

HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2005, 09:11 AM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

there is also a blurb in the demo manual that you can go on an inactive status yourself for a certain amount of time (maybe three or six months, can't remember exactly...) but if you know something is going to keep you from being able to sell (say, having a new baby or a new move) you can take yourself out of the game for a bit so that you don't lose your demonstratorship all together. I hope that makes sense!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2005, 09:35 AM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

Default One more thing..........

I was signed up under another demo at first.... in california. I moved to GA and couldn't maintain my minimums.... When Jan 04 came I knew I couldn't make my minimums so I stayed active thru that quarter but then was placed in pending. I was told I needed to make my $300 for Jan-March but then I also needed to make $100 for Arpil. So I just stopped. New place and I had just had a baby.... I thought no way can I do the work this is going to take to get started back up. Well in May I moved into our first house and one of my new neighbors was a demo and invited me to a workshop. I went and met some neighbors. It was great. Well then she said she was moving and wanted to leave her local clients with someone. So I started back up. I did have to buy a new start up kit. Which was fine with me since the first time I had signed up I didn't get to make the stamp set choices. But what surprised me was that I thoguht my 6 month wait would start from April since that was when I was technically uinactive.... but SU considered Dec to be my last month as active. So it worked out perfect. Just thought I would share.
Reply With Quote Likes